Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,720 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:55 AM

Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? (3092 Views)

Women Are Asking My Husband Out On Whatsapp. How Do I Handle This? / Was I Wrong Opening Up To My Husband? / Am I Wrong For Asking My Husband To Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Am I Wrong In Asking My Husband "How Are You"? by Curiouscity(m): 7:58am On Jan 28, 2016
Chiefpriest1:
Maybe it's not disrespectful to your husband when you ask 'how are you' since you are considered 'equal partners'.

But outside close relationships, many see it as lacking courtesy.

For example, you cannot see your landlord in the morning and just ask 'how are you'.

It should be: You: good morning

Landlord: How are you?

You: Fine, thank you.

My little kids ask me 'daddy, how are' and I jokingly respond with 'fine sir, ma'.

Outside those close relationships, many consider it discourteous.

My questions are:

Is this part of our African culture or Civilization?

Are these kind of rules cast on stones?

As much as I know, culture is dynamic. As a matter of fact, it is helpful to ask the elderly (mostly aged) 'how are you'.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Removed / I Fear I Won't Have A Marriage As Good as My Parents' Own / How Do I Tell My Husband I’m Pregnant For His Father?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.