Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Women UnCloth In “still Not Asking For It” Campaign - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Women UnCloth In “still Not Asking For It” Campaign (1271 Views)

Police UnCloth Woman With Beard To Confirm Gender / Nigerian Police Starts #SupportSARS Campaign, See Reason / Charley @yabaki, #ENDSARS Campaign Mastermind: SARS Threatens To Kill Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Women UnCloth In “still Not Asking For It” Campaign by lukulukuDOTnet: 10:06pm On Jan 26, 2016
— “Still not asking for it” project calls out rape culture and victim blaming

— Black and white photos shows Nak=d women with powerful anti-abuse messages on their bodies

— “Marriage is not consent”, “fashion is not an invitation”, “alcohol is not an excuse”

Regardless of what someone is wearing, how drunk they are, who they are, no one is ever asking to be raped, S3xually assaulted, or abused.

still not asking for it
Women of all ages, shapes and sizes participated in the project
This is exactly what a professional photographer Rory Banwell is trying to say with her powerful photo series called “Still Not Asking For It”. Banwell started her project in 2014, after she found out she was pregnant with a girl one of her husband’s friends said “it was time to buy a gun.”

still not asking for it
Women in the photographs are standing up for their right to not be assaulted
“We were so disappointed that people’s initial reactions were that we would need to protect her, purely because of her gender. I decided I needed to do something; being a photographer, I knew that I could use this medium to accomplish my something and so “Still Not Asking For It” was born,” Rory explained

still not asking for it
No means no
She was inspired by a woman, who participated at a Slvt Walk Rally in Toronto with ‘Still not asking for it’ written on her body.

“I liked the idea that regardless of what anyone is wearing, there is no excuse, no justification and no invitation for someone to S3xually assault them. I decided that by emulating her original photograph, I could create a powerful message and collection of photographs,” the photographer added.

still not asking for it
Rory says men have left abusive comments on her Facebook post about the project
“All I want the project to achieve is conversation. I want people to talk about S3xual violence and how prevalent it is. Whether it is domestic violence, rape or even S3xual harassment; I hope is to inspire an open dialogue about what we can do to change the terrifying statistics that are included in the project.”

Read in Full http://www.lukuluku.net/women-UnCloth-in-still-not-asking-for-it-campaign/

still not asking for it
Photographer Rory Bansell doesn’t want her daughter to experience S3xism and abuse
After sharing the images on Tumblr and Facebook Rory has received overwhelming support for her work along with loads of angry and disrespectful comments. That’s why she feels it’s necessary for her to travel around Australia, taking more pictures of people of all genders, races, cultures, ages to diversify the project and reach a larger cross section of society.

(1) (Reply)

GRAPHIC] Pastor Pours Hot Water On A Member / What Happened In This Video? (viewer's Discretion Strongly Advised) / See What A Lady Said On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.