Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,876 members, 7,821,051 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN (18207 Views)

‘Anyone Caught Abusing The Naira Will Face Jail Terms’ – CBN Warns Nigerians / Cbn “optimistic” Naira Will Settle At 250 Per Dollar / Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 27, 2016
okosodo:
CBN is very funny. Wether they devalue it or not, the effects have started. This is what you get when a cow is a president

Re: Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN by stonemasonn: 11:44am On Jan 27, 2016
kayfra:
I swear they should make me CBN governor when they keep adopting my suggestions (lowering interest rates). My recent posts below:

Watch him adopt more of my ideas. grin
If the naira is devalued, the rate at the parallel market will drop further down towards #400/$ as long as oil prices continue to drop.
Re: Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN by ogmaskman: 11:46am On Jan 27, 2016
okosodo:
CBN is very funny. Wether they devalue it or not, the effects have started. This is what you get when a cow is a president

So your president is a cow? Orise!!!

...just wondering what kind of pple are led by a cow. Tnk God I am a Nigerian and the name of my president is M. Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN by kolaaderin: 11:51am On Jan 27, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:

The banks will rather borrow states than you from where the governors will convert it to forex (thereby putting more pressure on the naira) and stash it in Swiss vaults.

U are still stocked in the past when such thinking is possible, any governor that involves in such will be stash in Kuje and Kirikiri as his main quarters and country home respectively for life.

1 Like

Re: Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN by arent88(m): 11:51am On Jan 27, 2016
godoluwa:
LET THE PRESIDENT DEFEND HIMSELF. I KNW THAT YOU ARE STILL EATING FROM YOUR MUMS POT, WHEN YOU BECUM A MAN YOU WILL HAVE CLEAR KNOWLEDGE OF THIS BAD POLICY.
its a good thing nairaland is a faceless forum dats why someone like u would assume my mum still feeds me even without knwing me.my frnd ur intelligence level is so so low thats if u have any.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN by kayfra: 12:39pm On Jan 27, 2016
LastProphet:

please sir what do you do? your points are spot on, I hope authorities see this

I help businesses with technology solutions for a living.

1 Like

Re: Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN by kayfra: 12:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
[quote author=gboye1999 post=42363851][/quote]

Devaluation is needed badly. We need those investors to bring in their forex. We are not earning forex from oil or any product and are yet to experience a boon in industrial imports. Our reserves are strained beyond imagination and its just a matter of time.
Re: Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN by godoluwa(m): 12:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
arent88:
its a good thing nairaland is a faceless forum dats why someone like u would assume my mum still feeds me even without knwing me.my frnd ur intelligence level is so so low thats if u have any.
take it or leave it, you still eat from ur mums pot.
Re: Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN by Elhabeeb1(m): 12:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
TheDevilIsALai:

The banks will rather borrow states than you from where the governors will convert it to forex (thereby putting more pressure on the naira) and stash it in Swiss vaults.

Any right thinking bank knows the high volatility of giving loans to states. I hope you know that almost all the state are owing to one bank or another, in fact it's so bad that most of the loans have gone bad and had to be restructured exposing the total NPL making our banks riskier. Your argument is completely a non issue.
Re: Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN by erico2k2(m): 12:52pm On Jan 27, 2016
Kikero112:

Exactly...and that is why CBN refuses to devalue the naira.
It's devaluation is by market forces as at today do yoy know the value of the British pound to the Naira?
Re: Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN by LastProphet: 2:08pm On Jan 27, 2016
kayfra:

I help businesses with technology solutions for a living.
please keep it up

1 Like

Re: Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN by kayfra: 2:22pm On Jan 27, 2016
[quote author=gboye1999 post=42363851][/quote]

Didn't mention this in my earlier reply. Our budget is supposed to address our infrastructural deficits, so we will be practicing some form of Keynes economics where government will spend us out of our recession. The spending will be done on infrastructural projects mostly under Fashola's ministry.

Hope and pray.
Re: Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN by deetomee: 2:55pm On Jan 27, 2016
wordcat:
Baboons and monkeys are soaking but this time not in blood but in their own sweats!

Wallahi kwo! You be my priend - mockery in the voice of the now clueless! . There is a man called sai baba who cannot eat his cake have it. Let the zombies chant him up while he leads them into their pit of damnation. Change my ASS!
Re: Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN by arent88(m): 3:03pm On Jan 27, 2016
godoluwa:
take it or leave it, you still eat from ur mums pot.
i can see ur situation is hopeless,i leave u to keep wallowing in ur stupidity.
Re: Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN by godoluwa(m): 3:27pm On Jan 27, 2016
arent88:
continue eating 4rm ur mums pot
Re: Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN by Mrsixfeet(m): 3:32pm On Jan 27, 2016
Chinazaekperem5:

Speculative assumption sir

Any evidence to back up your assertion?

I would imagine that there would be a more vibrant oversight to solidify and ensure the policy direction
Banks are not lending to States get your facts right
Re: Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN by godoluwa(m): 6:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
arent88:
ogbeni, no 4get to wash d pot & dirty plates
Re: Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN by 989900: 8:01pm On Jan 27, 2016
kayfra:

Devaluation is needed badly. We need those investors to bring in their forex. We are not earning forex from oil or any product and are yet to experience a boon in industrial imports. Our reserves are strained beyond imagination and its just a matter of time.

Are you ready to pay north of N120/litre for PMS; if you are, are others ready?

And that is just one item. Have you thought about the ripple effect?

I wonder where you guys get the impression devaluing automatically brings in investors.

A stable government, security, and an enabling environment is what gingers investors.
Re: Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN by sidnazious(m): 9:07pm On Jan 27, 2016
okosodo:

Just to be sure you know what you are saying and for more enlightenment. Kindly explain how:

The present Naira state is the president's fault?

What do you think the previous president would have done differently ?

What will you do differently if in charge.

Awaiting your esteemed reply.
Re: Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN by erico2k2(m): 10:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
sidnazious:

Just to be sure you know what you are saying and for more enlightenment. Kindly explain how:

The present Naira state is the president's fault?

What do you think the previous president would have done differently ?

What will you do differently if in charge.

Awaiting your esteemed reply.
Did you ask same question this time last year when abuses were pouring from all corners on GEJ? no point to act clever here we all know the score its not his fault but what prevents Nigerians from blaming the leader for any problem we face in Nigeria?? when he and his followers where passing the exact blame on the past govt facing same situation different times? Abegiii.
Re: Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN by okosodo: 7:51am On Jan 28, 2016
morkaz:

When will Nigerians be mindful of happenings around them. For God sake, these issues generated from the corruption of the last administration. Too much of dollars in circulation being shared as if they are sharing "pomo". The current administration is trying hard to normalize the economy but here u are criticizing them for the wrong of there predecessor.
Una no dey Taya?
Re: Naira Will Not Be Devalued, Rates Would Be Reduced – CBN by morkaz(m): 9:25am On Jan 28, 2016
okosodo:
Una no dey Taya?

We wont be tired until we sanitise our beloved country

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 / See How I Made 57,000 With 19k Within A Week In Mini Importation, Come And Learn / Court Sanctions Access Bank, Diamond Bank Merger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.