Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians (24288 Views)

Again, Cbn Urges Nigerians To Treat Naira With Respect / Attention: Take A Look At My Bank Account In This Hard Times (screenshot) / Hard Times! Economic Downturn Humble Nigeria’s Oil Moguls And Super-rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by datola: 7:55am On Jan 28, 2016
How many times do you wan to tell us this na?
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by hopilo: 7:55am On Jan 28, 2016
We did not experience hard times during GEJ reign. This is what this publication by CBN just affirm.

3 Likes

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Akinola2543(m): 7:56am On Jan 28, 2016
DICK4UCKPUSSY:
Wey my hoe and cutlass sefcheesy
grin
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by igahdavid(m): 7:56am On Jan 28, 2016
We are in trouble oh

1 Like

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 28, 2016
e don happen ooo...everyone put on your seat belts...i hope emefiele too would suffer with us....
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by reel14: 7:58am On Jan 28, 2016
That's the result of planlessness society which never invest in the future. we had oil revenues, our politicians squandered everything, leaving us to suffer it. Ay all those who brought this upon this nation be financially, health-wise,their children everything they are have stolen from this nation be castrated
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by lielbree: 7:58am On Jan 28, 2016
Change for the worse... may the hard times hit apc and and all those who voted this stu.pid govt to power!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by lincolnj88: 7:58am On Jan 28, 2016
grin from change to prepare to embrace sufferings

1 Like

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by lielbree: 8:00am On Jan 28, 2016
ladyF:
Abegi!!! Nothing like brace up for hard times, the hard times have always been here for we the poor masses cry

My own is that that 50 naira charge is too much for me. Make them cancel am biko. How much go remain after them remove 50 naira from my account 10 times? Na minus tins be dat na grin grin grin

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
What he is saying is the poor masses will suffer even more.
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by SamJed(m): 8:00am On Jan 28, 2016
When NOI wanted us to save for the rainy days, amaechi and co opposed it, now see where we are

2 Likes

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by lielbree: 8:02am On Jan 28, 2016
kekakuz:
[size=20pt] corruption or no corruption
My Jonathan and okonjo will never allow us do hard time
My Jonathan ooo ooo ooo ooo
One chance
Body odor ooooooooooo
Simantiniya see what you do to me
[/size]
Tell them o
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Gelengelen: 8:02am On Jan 28, 2016
Jonathan we nigerians are very sorry. We were wrong about you ooooooo.

This cow from daura want to kill us finish oooo

6 Likes

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by anigbajumo(m): 8:05am On Jan 28, 2016
hard times or no hard times, make my papa business no dey spoil is what matter to me most......

Awon werey,wen oil was sold at the rate of 140$ per barrel what was their positive impact on average Nigerian??

Eti ya werey!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by onatisi(m): 8:07am On Jan 28, 2016
XaintJoel20:
Tell that to Buhari that budgeted 1.7 billion naira for feeding.
god bless you.
He also budgeted 760million for his recreational activities,I guess this hard times doesn't affect him and his family?

4 Likes

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by supereagle(m): 8:08am On Jan 28, 2016
God will not allow them enjoy their loots .
Say Amen to that

1 Like

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 28, 2016
No matter the economy, I will not eat grass... Because, From glory to glory that's my new name...and From glory to glory that's where am going.............
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by onatisi(m): 8:09am On Jan 28, 2016
I said it that by march this year Nigerians will regret ever voting at the polls for buhari

2 Likes

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by demarc001: 8:11am On Jan 28, 2016
ladyF:

Now its really LadyF
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by marveangel(m): 8:12am On Jan 28, 2016
Brace up for hard times?......when was it ever good?
Nigeria leaders are the worst natural disaster known yo mankind.

1 Like

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Jabioro: 8:13am On Jan 28, 2016
Hard times always on hard times even the oil is been sold at $170 per barrel it would enjoy by few ..
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by wordcat(m): 8:13am On Jan 28, 2016
So far they touch not our N50, when oil was above N100, they didn't bother to credit our account instead they credited the dubious ECA now that oil price is below N50,,,
Do we need to remind them where to go?

What happen to the Excess Crude Money in the Excess Crude Account?
GEJ
Sambo
Diezani
David Mark
Ekwerummadu
Tambuwal
Ihedioha and all the 36 states governors in last administration should tell us what happened to that money
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by OkekeChristian(m): 8:13am On Jan 28, 2016
That should be "Brace up for HARDER times".
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Rainmaker69(m): 8:15am On Jan 28, 2016
Is this the same CBN Governor who oversaw the mass looting of our commonwealth without blowing a whistle or taking a stand on behalf of the masses.
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by experimentist: 8:18am On Jan 28, 2016
Jonathan don finish us! Thank God Buhari dey give us light sha cry

1 Like

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by godoluwa(m): 8:23am On Jan 28, 2016
experimentist:
ZOMBIE

2 Likes

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by GeneralShepherd(m): 8:24am On Jan 28, 2016
Tvegas:
If we had leaders whose heads are properly screwed on,we won't need to hear such sermon from CBN. Saudi Arabia, Russia and UAE have some of the highest foreign exchange reserve to cushion the effect of the current glut. They also depended on oil for a long time. Some countries like UK, South Korea etc don't even produce oil yet they are fine.

It's a make or break time for Nigeria, mismanagement has been our bane. I hope henceforth we will hold our leaders accountable irrespective of tribal or clannish affiliations.

UK produces oil...have you ever heard of Scotland?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 28, 2016
Typical Nigerians are sweating it out for the corrupt acts, incompetence, irresponsible acts of the our past and present leaders. What a country!

1 Like

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by anonimi: 8:34am On Jan 28, 2016
NoreenUG:
And that silly budget isn't helping matters.
It's very obvious the FG is comprised of seasoned fraudsters.

Surely!!! angry

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3234361_fbimg1450823846843_jpegccc7ea9d509141b638a64535ab185d08

Firefire:

‘A budget that moves domestic spending in Aso Villa from N580m to N1.7bn cannot be a budget of change’

Abuja – Sen. Eyinnaya Abaribe (PDP Abia South) on Wednesday in Abuja, berated the 2016 budget and called on President Muhammaduu Buhari to withdraw it and go back to the drawing board.

Abaribe while making contributions during the consideration of the budget, said the proposal was faulty on many grounds and could not be implemented at it was.

He said that predication of oil benchmark at 38 dollars per barrel when the crude oil price had fallen below 30 dollars per barrel made the budget unrealistic.

Abaribe faulted the government for increasing spending by 30 per cent based on borrowing.

“Mr President, my colleagues, this budget is indeed unique. After the budget presentation, the finance minister has never come to explain the details of the budget as it is normally done.

“It is a budget of change I agree, but it is a change in the wrong direction. I say it is a change in the wrong direction because it says that it is based on zero budgeting requiring all expenses to be fully justified.

“Mr President, a budget that increases spending up to 30 per cent based solely on borrowing, in what way are we justified? That is the question we want to ask the people who brought this budget.

“We know what is going on in the global economy: this budget is predicated on an oil benchmark of 38 dollars per barrel and I can now say that with oil being 28 dollars today, this budget is dead on arrival.

“The job of the opposition is to help the government to get its priorities right, so I want to please urge this government to withdraw this budget and go back to the drawing board,” he said.

The senator also faulted the adjustments made in the budget as well as allocation for spending in the Aso Rock Villa, saying that it was too exorbitant.

He said that the adjustments rather than reduce spending in areas where they were not necessary only spread it into different offices.

“Mr President, a budget that moves domestic spending within Aso Villa from N580 million to N1.7 billion cannot be a budget of change.

“We were told that in the revised budget there was an adjustment due to error, we agree but what has happened is that up to N7 billion were moved from buying vehicles and spread to offices.

“It also increased the spending that is due to renovations within the Villa.

“They are going to renovate the Villa with N3.9 billion: what else do you want to renovate there that Nigerians will see in the Year 2016?” he asked.

However, in his contribution, Sen. Ahmed Lawan (APC Yobe North) blamed the previous administration for the lack of funds due to the embezzlement witnessed in previous governments.

He said that this was the 17th budget he would be debating as a legislator and noted that not more than 40 per cent implementation was achieved in the last 16 years.

“The proposal before us is the first budget where the executive has deemed it necessary to give ordinary Nigerians genuine hope.

“N500 billion allocated for school feeding and social SAFTEY NET is commendable.

“It is time to say oil should not continue to play dominant role as we have suffered economically and politically: it is time to diversify this economy.

“The direction of the executive is the way to go. `That is, we should make every effort to have the real sector-agric mining and manufacturing.

“The budget deserves the support of everyone, including my colleagues on the other side. When we were in the opposition we supported the PDP, they should support us,” he said.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3317046_budgettt_jpegd73bb73944448e30966f27bc22a4c756

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/602809/
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by grandstar(m): 8:35am On Jan 28, 2016
Imagine a maths teacher starting class by teaching 1+1= 4. If he told you to endure with maths will you endure?

The CBN govnor is incompetent. His or Buharis incomprehensive economic policies are decimating the economy. The 197 official rate snd the 302 are symbols of the incompetence.

Sanusi and Soludo have both decried Buharis policies

2 Likes

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 28, 2016
ladyF:
Abegi!!! Nothing like brace up for hard times, the hard times have always been here for we the poor masses cry

My own is that that 50 naira charge is too much for me. Make them cancel am biko. How much go remain after them remove 50 naira from my account 10 times? Na minus tins be dat na grin grin grin

...that's part of the hard time. Government must stop reminding us of the hardship we are already facing and that to come...
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by leo2flames(m): 8:44am On Jan 28, 2016
The common man is advised to brace up for hard times and yet OUR so called angels of CHANGE in the LEGISLATIVE arm of the government still go home with millions every month....... And yet we should brace up for hard times..... If I say God should purnish all dis people it will be too much but God knows what to do with dem for making the massess suffer in silence........................

1 Like

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by leo2flames(m): 8:46am On Jan 28, 2016
experimentist:
how GEJ take finish us no be una Change dey travel up and down and the country dey suffer and him no see anytin do........... Abegi

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Indimi sisters: Rahmayi wishes Hauwa well as she sets to wed their sister's 'ex' / Innoson Vs GTB: How GTB Stole Over N700 Million From Innoson’s Account - APC New / Two CBN Directors Arrested For Forex Manipulation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.