Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,767 members, 7,820,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians (24286 Views)

Again, Cbn Urges Nigerians To Treat Naira With Respect / Attention: Take A Look At My Bank Account In This Hard Times (screenshot) / Hard Times! Economic Downturn Humble Nigeria’s Oil Moguls And Super-rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by anonimi: 8:47am On Jan 28, 2016
experimentist:
Jonathan don finish us! Thank God Buhari dey give us light sha cry

Yes. Thank God Buhari is fixing the oil price grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2186280_buhari2blaugh1_jpegc35d9ea4e30142f9302718e17f58f220

2 Likes

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by younglio(m): 8:49am On Jan 28, 2016
This has been the reason ex-president Goodluck Jonathan has been fighting to bring back agriculture but those with fake change did not give him d chance, please is this the change you guys voted for?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by VISTIN(m): 8:57am On Jan 28, 2016
I am not brjusacing but have already braced up for God's Divine Favour for 2016.

I didn't vote APC into power and so, I refuse to accept any negative and ungodly policy they make.

For those who trust in the Lord, help will surely come from Zion.

God bless Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Biafrarep(m): 9:02am On Jan 28, 2016
ajepako:
If Nigerians should brace up for harder time, then, it's disaster..

Cha... Diaris god oh
Honestly, I forsee disaster, even to the optimist what I'm seeing from my radar is really scarry & I hope that Nigerians do not become economic refugees! If the status quo remains, there is going to be crises but to worsen an already bad situation, the indices are all dipping south which is nothing but a potential tsunami of disastrous proportions. Those that will be better-off are people with a steady stream of remmitances, this is the best time to be abroad because in no distant time, the naira will exchange for 1000 to a dollar! I hope we wont become another Zimbabwe Or Greece because soon we will run out of forex. Personally, I used to be a benefactor to other less priviledged relatives & friends et al but now I'm even finding it difficult to meet some essential obligations. I weep for this country because we have been raped, bastardised, plundered & left for death!!

4 Likes

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by jimmily: 9:03am On Jan 28, 2016
God will punish our looters
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by poiZon: 9:03am On Jan 28, 2016
u shud tell that to the president, cos d way he is going with this his first budget of yamandgoat, nigeria might be on olx come 2018.
that 500billion been budgetted for school feeding can go a long way in transforming the agricultural sector n by 3 to 4 yrs time we will not only be self sustain when it comes to food but also beexporting our produce. channel more monies to the solid mineral sector n agricultural ministry. we know the school feeding stuff was just to garner votes from the gullible minds but we hv forgiven u.
abeg I no wan hear say govt dey feed school sheedrens abeg, its pathetic esp in a developing country like ours.

1 Like

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 28, 2016
Why cant he make policies to tax the senators and govs who embezzle moneys , and crave for foreign luxury goos, these should have been taxed at a higher rate of vat, medical tourism should also be taxed.

Why should the overburdened citizens be made to suffer for the mismanagement of the economy by the elected few.

The man should devalue the naira, cos the nairas rate is not realistic when one considers the fact that our net imports is higher than the exports.

I think hes the worst cbn governor so far.

2 Likes

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by kobonaire(m): 9:08am On Jan 28, 2016
Nigerians have been dealing with hard times for a while now .... undecided
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 28, 2016
jimmily:
God will punish our looters

I think He gave us the responsibility to hold them accountable. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 28, 2016
This kind critical time na im lassa fever come dey rain, how will the poor masses drink garri , now that rats have infected it. sad
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Standing5(m): 9:16am On Jan 28, 2016
Adesiji77:
A Punch reader commented:

"They keep reminding Nigerians for hard time, but when oil was sold at $140 per barrel they enjoy their billions of dollars and no body reminded to embrace good future or steady light or good roads....."

grin grin grin grin

http://www.punchng.com/hard-times-ahead-cbn-warns-nigerians-says-low-oil-revenue-to-linger/

lalasticl
the "They" part of the equation is very complex. PDP/GEJ supervised the looting and wrong spending of excess earnings and wand APC/Buhari to take blame without seeking to recover stolen funds.

2 Likes

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by bigtt76(f): 9:17am On Jan 28, 2016
God punish that hin yeye mouth. He de send message like say hin nor bi part of the Nigerians angry ...well hin don stash hin own side naaa ow hin nor go get mouth yarn opata 1diot man.

1 Like

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by yinkopet: 9:22am On Jan 28, 2016
Wen diaris higha oil price, sum cabals do enjoyd it but nw it drops tremendously nd u throw out sum sort of foolish headlines 2 brace up 4 hard tyms.....FG wil neva stop takin abt d speculative hard tyms 2 brace up for.......aint dere easy tyms we Nigerians wil await....? Nonsense...
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Biafrarep(m): 9:22am On Jan 28, 2016
onatisi:
god bless you.
He also budgeted 760million for his recreational activities,I guess this hard times doesn't affect him and his family?
Thank You for that question. The Trouble with Nigerians is that they dont know when to draw a line between patriotism & sychophancy, for Gods sake this is the information age & knowledge is power, no government can ride rough shod over 170 million people when they speak with one voice on matters that affect everyone! Do you know what will happen when we take over D internet be it twitter, nairaland, lindaikeji, facebook & even physical protests etc to demand that legislators cut their emoluments, Buhari slashes Aso rock expenses on refreshments, decorations, BMW cars, presidential jets etc or even to querry why information ministry will have more money than that of Agriculture & Solid Minerals combined!! or to even demand the logic in wasting scarce resources in searching for oil in Borno at this time!!! The joke is on us!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by femo86(m): 9:24am On Jan 28, 2016
ladyF:
Abegi!!! Nothing like brace up for hard times, the hard times have always been here for we the poor masses cry

My own is that that 50 naira charge is too much for me. Make them cancel am biko. How much go remain after them remove 50 naira from my account 10 times? Na minus tins be dat na grin grin grin

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

Seconded
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by DOCTORDONE: 9:25am On Jan 28, 2016
We are preparing for bad times since 1960! Which day shall we prepare for better times
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by stmichael001(m): 9:27am On Jan 28, 2016
CHANGE IS HERE INDEED

1 Like

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by onatisi(m): 9:33am On Jan 28, 2016
Biafrarep:
Thank You for that question. The Trouble with Nigerians is that they dont know when to draw a line between patriotism & sychophancy, for Gods sake this is the information age & knowledge is power, no government can ride rough shod over 170 million people when they speak with one voice on matters that affect everyone! Do you know what will happen when we take over D internet be it twitter, nairaland, lindaikeji, facebook & even physical protests etc to demand that legislators cut their emoluments, Buhari slashes Aso rock expenses on refreshments, decorations, BMW cars, presidential jets etc or even to querry why information ministry will have more money than that of Agriculture & Solid Minerals combined!! or to even demand the logic in wasting scarce resources in searching for oil in Borno at this time!!! The joke is on us!!
He even budgeted almost 2billionnnaira for his travelling expenses at a time his country needs to conserve money. Why can't he prune down his travelling expenses down and save the nation the cost. 1.8billion for junketing all over the world all this madness in the name of change change change

2 Likes

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by ladenz(m): 9:40am On Jan 28, 2016
ladyF:
Abegi!!! Nothing like brace up for hard times, the hard times have always been here for we the poor masses cry

My own is that that 50 naira charge is too much for me. Make them cancel am biko. How much go remain after them remove 50 naira from my account 10 times? Na minus tins be dat na grin grin grin

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

Na to close all current accounts be the next move. Savings account all the way and our N50 N50 is safe
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by nickxtra(m): 9:40am On Jan 28, 2016
Nawao! Harder than what we are currently facing?
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Misselocon(f): 9:48am On Jan 28, 2016
Brace up Nigerians? when did we ever not brace up? And wen d going was good why were we not told to unbrace ourselves. scammers everywhere.
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Nicur: 9:49am On Jan 28, 2016
when the youths of Nigeria is ready for revolution, wake me up! Am tired of suffering and smiling!! angry

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Segunnairaland(m): 9:51am On Jan 28, 2016
We should all have a rethink. Go back to our fathers heritage. Agriculture can help us out. Invest your money on planting jatropha farm. This will end your search for finacial freedom.

willywasco:
Says no devaluation of Naira for now
Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele has urged Nigerians to brace up for the current economic realities as government would be forced to adopt some hard economic policies in line with the harsh economic environment as a result of low oil prices in the international market.
The CBN boss stated this yesterday during a press briefing at the bi-monthly Monetary Policy, MPC meeting in Abuja.
According to him, “It is imperative to brace up for a longer period of low government revenues from oil sources, which would necessitate hard and uncomfortable choices as the economy transits to more sustainable sources of revenue, consistent with the economic realities and strategic objectives of the country. In the circumstance, certain tradeoffs must be envisaged and duly accommodated.

- See more at: http://nigerianpilot.com/brace-up-for-hard-times-cbn-urges-nigerians/#sthash.PhoK4ncz.dpuf
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 28, 2016
E never hard reach?
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by sheyoroniyen(m): 9:54am On Jan 28, 2016
what dis man saying?niger wey hard b4 weyrin we dey brace for again undecided
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Kaylexzy(m): 9:58am On Jan 28, 2016
Abeg if wetin we dey experience now no be Hard times.... I wonder how d hard times will be like...

Anybody has an idea?

1 Like

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 28, 2016
The hard times will surely not hit our so-called leaders.It is the poor masses that will bear the brunt of all their mis-guided policies.Nigerians will always be suffering-and-smiling-people.They will never call their leaders to order,abi the so called leaders get power pass the masses?
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by whyteone: 10:05am On Jan 28, 2016
willywasco:
Says no devaluation of Naira for now
Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele has urged Nigerians to brace up for the current economic realities as government would be forced to adopt some hard economic policies in line with the harsh economic environment as a result of low oil prices in the international market.
The CBN boss stated this yesterday during a press briefing at the bi-monthly Monetary Policy, MPC meeting in Abuja.
According to him, “It is imperative to brace up for a longer period of low government revenues from oil sources, which would necessitate hard and uncomfortable choices as the economy transits to more sustainable sources of revenue, consistent with the economic realities and strategic objectives of the country. In the circumstance, certain tradeoffs must be envisaged and duly accommodated.

- See more at: http://nigerianpilot.com/brace-up-for-hard-times-cbn-urges-nigerians/#sthash.PhoK4ncz.dpuf
Mr President leading by example

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by NOLONGTIN1(m): 10:09am On Jan 28, 2016
Why blame oil prices when bubu promised to stabilise it.

Just inform/remind the tyrant of his promises.....oil prices Don drop ooo, he may not b aware. You know he is still on Tourism
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by anonimi: 10:13am On Jan 28, 2016
younglio:
This has been the reason ex-president Goodluck Jonathan has been fighting to bring back agriculture but those with fake change did not give him d chance, please is this the change you guys voted for?

Abi oh, don't mind the zombies o jare.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2085409_hh_jpeg07b0e6e05a4624e7545331a83b844508

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2098905_agriculturereform_jpega059f1921e04629987b0d142212d4df7

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2106458_gejagriculture_jpeg5f4012ee9110a1fae83d39384dea74b8

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2112078_bvthridcmaabgmp_jpegcc27eb92c81ab837ea93db90ccbbd5a5

lomprico:
Good! I hope d loan extends to the farmers in ebonyi. I saw their "rice hill" sometime last month n was astonished!

Note. The tiny dots at d top are people.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3074084_img20150709wa000_jpeg7cbcb35c5f93b890a7ce92b4c0df8a1c
Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by Billygee2u: 10:17am On Jan 28, 2016
XaintJoel20:
Tell that to Buhari that budgeted 1.7 billion naira for feeding.

1 Like

Re: Brace Up For Hard Times, CBN Urges Nigerians by jonnieoneng: 10:18am On Jan 28, 2016
When has time ever been easy in Nigeria.It goes to show how insensitive our people in Govt are.They siphoned all d money finish and are now preaching about hard times.We have known it since 1978,so they had better find something useful to say.We are not bracing for any more hard times,thosr who have stolen our money must return it back.Simple and quiet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Indimi sisters: Rahmayi wishes Hauwa well as she sets to wed their sister's 'ex' / Innoson Vs GTB: How GTB Stole Over N700 Million From Innoson’s Account - APC New / Two CBN Directors Arrested For Forex Manipulation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.