Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,933 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Urgent Inquiries On Uk Student Visa! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Urgent Inquiries On Uk Student Visa! (714 Views)

FG To Impose £20,000 Visa-Bond On UK Visitors / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Inquiries On Uk Student Visa! by dacraziest: 12:49pm On Jun 27, 2009
fellow nairalanders,
i need advice on this issue:
i am about applying for uk student visa to do msc in manchester .i have a scolarship sponsor already but the problem is i dint do nysc , i dunt want to bore you with the long story of how that happended but the bottom line now is , will nysc certificates be part of the documents that will be required of me at the embassy ? and if yes, what do you suggest i do, pls i really need your suggestions.even if you all will scold me for been so insensitive enof not to do my nysc do pls suggest some tin that will help the predicament right now, am due to leave by september which is just a few months from now,
thanks
Re: Urgent Inquiries On Uk Student Visa! by shapey(f): 9:56am On Jun 28, 2009
I think you need your NYSC cert if you are applying from Nigeria. I know someone who applied from Ghana, and was asked for her NYSC cert because she got her first degree in Nigeria, and her other documents showed she was not up to 30 at the time of her grad.
things may have changed now. I did this years ago. As far as I know, as long as you did a 1st degree in a Nigerian Uni, then you may be asked to produce an NYSC cert or an exemption cert.

Goodluck.
Re: Urgent Inquiries On Uk Student Visa! by cvibe: 2:30pm On Jun 28, 2009
@poster,

Do visit the UK immigration website to keep abreast of the new changes to student visa application.
Re: Urgent Inquiries On Uk Student Visa! by tunnytox(m): 3:53pm On Jun 29, 2009
I don't think they will insist on the NYSC certificate, I have seen people who applied for their visa without the NYSC certificate. To be honest I don't think that is a big issue, remember that with the new PBS you only need to meet up with all the criteria regarding sponsorship and language abilities, if you meet up with these i doubt if they will insist on sighting your NYSC cert or refuse you on that basis.

By the way which Uni do you want to study in Manchester? I presently reside in Manchester so if you need any info on the UNI let me know.

Best regards
Re: Urgent Inquiries On Uk Student Visa! by dacraziest: 11:33am On Jun 30, 2009
hi friends,
thanks a whole lot for all your replies.it meant so so much to me, and tunnytox thanks a lot too for your advice.my sponsor is ptdf and univ of manchester has given me admission for pet geoscience, but am still waiting for imperial though .tunnytox my yahoo messg is ejoke_onos

(1) (Reply)

Australia Web Site! / Travelling To Turkey / Kano/sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.