Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,606 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. (46127 Views)

House Help Abuse: Why Some Nigerian Wives Won't Make Heaven / My Wife Snores While Sleeping; I Hardly Sleep At Night / My Son Won't Let Me Get Any Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by bobkezel(m): 5:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
Omo better troublem dey for dis world. I been think say i get wahala. Every time i come to this NL i go see people wey get better problem than mine. Na wao.
Well sister, enjoy it while it lasts. Or you can come live with me.
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by Kenshinmunac(m): 5:09pm On Jan 27, 2016
JVgal:
My elder sister doesn't sleep, she goes to work by 8am but wakes up by 3 am (we are not in lagos dat she has to wake up early to beat traffic) the problem is when she is awake, every other person in the house must wake up willingly or forcefully. Not that we have a lot of work to do in the house but she just want you to be busy @ all times. She sleep late @ night and wake up early. Today she woke up by 2am and her noise won't let me sleep. I finally got up by 4am (come and see my sister's face). I was forced to start moving around looking for smtin to do. I'm not actually a fat gal but now, I'm becoming skinny due to lack of rest. When I complain, she says I'm too lazy. What should I do?

how old are u?
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by missyQween(f): 5:12pm On Jan 27, 2016
Talk to her about it politely or better still tell someone she listen to....Anyway.... keep working hard!! wink
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by enoch273: 5:48pm On Jan 27, 2016
JVgal:
My elder sister doesn't sleep, she goes to work by 8am but wakes up by 3 am (we are not in lagos dat she has to wake up early to beat traffic) the problem is when she is awake, every other person in the house must wake up willingly or forcefully. Not that we have a lot of work to do in the house but she just want you to be busy @ all times. She sleep late @ night and wake up early. Today she woke up by 2am and her noise won't let me sleep. I finally got up by 4am (come and see my sister's face). I was forced to start moving around looking for smtin to do. I'm not actually a fat gal but now, I'm becoming skinny due to lack of rest. When I complain, she says I'm too lazy. What should I do?

You ve a prima Donna for a sister, she can't change you just ve to adjust and endure with her, pending when the time is right, I also ve a niece like that, so I understand what you're going through.
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by faites(f): 5:54pm On Jan 27, 2016
OP, ur sister needs help. She is sick, and that's the plain truth. U guys should try and talk her into seeing a psychologist or she would drive u guys into depression
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by sevule(m): 6:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
@POSTER. You have to remember this - "Your sister's house, Your sister's RULES!". The way I see it you have 3 choices

1.) Move into your own place or back with your parents
2. ) Endure your sister's ecccentricities. I would suggest that you sleep when she goes to work and do the things you would normally do when she wakes up
3.) Appeal to your sister and try and make a deal with her. Only you knows your sister's soft spot. ry and appeal to that side of her

Don't forget that you are living in your sister's house and she is providing accommodation for you for free. Try not to be ungrateful
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by aloaye11: 7:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
pack ur load n relocate
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 27, 2016
JVgal:

Ok thanks. But I must confess, dis 3 am waking up is draining all d fat in me.
u no wan lose d fat ni? shuu?
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by astalavistababy(f): 8:12pm On Jan 27, 2016
JVgal:

She will never listen, even the hubby is is tired of talking

Errmm. What are you doing in her matrimonial home? Go to your own house and sleep the way you like joor.
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by JVgal(f): 8:20pm On Jan 27, 2016
astalavistababy:

Errmm. What are you doing in her matrimonial home? Go to your own house and sleep the way you like joor.

Thank u for ur advise. So I should pack n sleep under the bridge cos I'm not married? She was single b4 getting married, my mum neva woke us up by 5am. She wakes me up by 3am
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by MOBBDEEP: 9:22pm On Jan 27, 2016
The depth of awareness lack about topical issues among us baffles me.
Even, furthermore, is the lack of insight about this, & how we go further in showcasing our ignorance!!!

OP!, your sister needs to be taken (perhaps under persuasion/coercion) to consult a Psychiatrist!!!
We can infer from your write-up that :
* She is hyperactive inappropriately & is unduly energetic
* She has reduced need for sleep which she uses for her hyperactivities!
* She seemed to be disruptive which can be explained by her using her poor sleep to wake you rest of the household up at that unholy hour
* She lacks insight which makes her to disagree into believing that she has deviated from her usual behaviours & personality!

I'm very sure she has become easily angered/irritable/aggressive/insulting of late!
How about spending a lot unnecessarily or "dashing" out items/cash indiscriminately?
Does she not talk too much?

All in all, you need to act fast!!!
And this is not one of those your Spiritual afflictions nor their quack-ed variants of the almighty MTH (Malaria, Typhoid &/or Hepatitis) !!!

Kindly do not feel slighted nor insulted
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by dejavo: 9:34pm On Jan 27, 2016
Final solution for 2 minutes men in bed ,weak erection and watery sperm .It is natural for men sexual strength to decrease after the age of 30 years due to decrease of Testosterone.My company have an efficient product that would change this condition. Our product is an herbal men's product specially designed with the extract of herbal plants.I promise your wife would love you more after you finish using the product.
Main function 1. Correct erectile dysfunction 2. Boosts Sexual Performance and increases Male Stamina 3.Correct Quick expulsion 4.Correct Weak Attention 5. Increases Libido, amount of Testosterone and Male Sperm Count. .. 100% EFFICIENT WITH NO SIDE EFFECT. Whatsapp me on 08034379361 for more details and consultation or u can still call me on dis number
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by 2rez: 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2016
JVgal:

No. She has always be like dis but it's getting out of hand these days, she told me yesterday dat Frm now she will be waking up by 3am. To do what now?

...it's getting outta hand these days?...will be waking up by 3am This matter is strong oh. No be soft matter i tell u. To be sincere, she needs an acrobatic deliverance that's specifically carried out by the hosts of heaven. Thereafter, i bet u everything will come to normalcy. TIGO! My submission
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by Bamidupe20(f): 9:51pm On Jan 27, 2016
JVgal:

She can't go a day without working, even wkends wen she doesn't go to work, she is always complaining of idleness. She still wake up early even when she has no Whr to go.
obsessive compulsive behavior. its psychological. convince her to see a therapist
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by sammydine2003(m): 10:01pm On Jan 27, 2016
Give her sleeping pills..It'll help her a lot
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 27, 2016
It's only in Nigeria we think mad people are only found on the streets...

Your sis possibly has an obsessive compulsive behaviour and should need to be dragged to a psychiatrist NOT a psychologist.

This is NOT normal.

Take this seriously please
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by ucnwafor(m): 10:20pm On Jan 27, 2016
JVgal:

Thank u for ur advise. So I should pack n sleep under the bridge cos I'm not married? She was single b4 getting married, my mum neva woke us up by 5am. She wakes me up by 3am
can I pm you??
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by uyogabie(f): 10:27pm On Jan 27, 2016
It's either she is depressed or she is hypertensive.My Dad couln't sleep in the night few years before he died.When he is up, he wants everyone up too.
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 27, 2016
seunlayi:
She is your cross, carry it

You be bad guys!
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by SURElee(f): 11:41pm On Jan 27, 2016
I laughed so hard reading this today. Know why? Because my own elder sister does same too. She lives in asaba. Wakes up 5am, asks the kids to go cook, goes back to bed, by 5:05am she's back with complains, and so. It goes on till she finally gets off the mattress to shower for work by 7am with more complains and grumblings. In this case, I ignore her and sleep my sleep. Because, I know that once she's home its a sin to be sit down, u must be up n down. Running errands. So OP do the one you can do and no go kill yourself.this na just summary wey I give here o! In your sister's case, I see no reason why she should be up at 3am.

I feel its frustration, maybe she's sex starved. Inshort some things are eating her up and she hasn't opened up to anybody about it yet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by Mayflowa(m): 3:04am On Jan 28, 2016
JVgal:

My sister, nor be me Go marry myself na

This is the best statement I hv ever seen here. Now I feel really sorry for you. Don't worry, the cup shall pass over you

1 Like

Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by ay044: 4:41am On Jan 28, 2016
JVgal:

My sister, nor be me Go marry myself na

Songs of songs vs 1-2
Vs 1. Just tell me where on earth thou art and I shall come for thee and pay the price to take thee home
Vs 2. and I shall put a diamond ring in thy finger and hold thee in arm that thou mayest dwelleth in harmony all thy days.

By d way, ao long av they bin married? Any issue/child so far? Has she bin like dt growing up/b4 marriage? Helping identify her cause of worry/anxiety/restless/depression is ur best help. Things cud even be wrong in d marriage dt u ar nt privy to! Just b very sensitive so u can help ur sis
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by Nobody: 6:13am On Jan 28, 2016
Earplugs. Block her noise?
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by ritababe(f): 9:30am On Jan 28, 2016
amzee:
Abeg if una helep me see Ritababe make una tell her say I LOVE HER.... wink

I lofe u too
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by mecussey(m): 10:25pm On Jan 28, 2016
JVgal:

Na konji dey worry her....there is no normal woman wey you go fire badly by 9pm wey go fit wake up before 9am the next day. Wait till she marry better husband and you will tank me.
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by terrylew(m): 6:11am On Jan 29, 2016
Her husband should have good sex with her sure she will be so weak to even wake up by 6am
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by amzee(m): 7:14am On Jan 29, 2016
ritababe:

I lofe u too

Prove it to me
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by josite: 7:33am On Jan 29, 2016
let her husband develop the strength and apetite for extensive lovemaking that leaves your senior sister exhausted ,really exhausted and she will sleep more hours.again love must sometimes be tough.let her know waking u guys up is having a toll on your health and you can drive your point home by leaving the house for her for a while.u and the hubby should leave her alone in the house.she really must be confronted even if all hell is going to be let loose.this is why when you discover you cannot reason with any guy/babe and that they are not reasonable persons,u dont marry them.and to be very honest with you ,your sister may be mad and she doesn't even know it and you guys may not want to admit u have a mad case on your hand.a psychiatrist will help.thank me later.
Re: She Won't Sleep, She Won't Let Me Sleep. by AreaFada2: 2:39pm On Aug 08, 2016
MOBBDEEP:
The depth of awareness lack about topical issues among us baffles me.
Even, furthermore, is the lack of insight about this, & how we go further in showcasing our ignorance!!!

OP!, your sister needs to be taken (perhaps under persuasion/coercion) to consult a Psychiatrist!!!
We can infer from your write-up that :
* She is hyperactive inappropriately & is unduly energetic
* She has reduced need for sleep which she uses for her hyperactivities!
* She seemed to be disruptive which can be explained by her using her poor sleep to wake you rest of the household up at that unholy hour
* She lacks insight which makes her to disagree into believing that she has deviated from her usual behaviours & personality!

I'm very sure she has become easily angered/irritable/aggressive/insulting of late!
How about spending a lot unnecessarily or "dashing" out items/cash indiscriminately?
Does she not talk too much?

All in all, you need to act fast!!!
And this is not one of those your Spiritual afflictions nor their quack-ed variants of the almighty MTH (Malaria, Typhoid &/or Hepatitis) !!!

Kindly do not feel slighted nor insulted

I know this is old thread. But it is not that rare in 9ja at all.

There are millions of people with affective/mood disorders.

Bipolar disorder, initially called manic depression.

The elevated mood might be fairly subtle (hypomania) that bipolar might seem unlikely.

Worse still, it can be a mixed picture of two or more affective disorders like bipolar + OCD or Bipolar + OCD + anxiety.

It becomes like a case of the chicken & the egg, which came first? Or better still, which disorder re-enforces the other?

She urgently needs psychological medical attention.

No need for stigma. It is just like any other illness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Little Girl Trying To Breastfeed Her Crying Younger Brother / German Wife Of Nigerian Man Shares Experience Visiting Nigeria With Her Kids / Woman Delivers Quintuplets After 20 Years Of Marriage Without A Child [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.