Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,469 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

DICTATORSHIP IS HERE: Produce anti-Buhari-govt lecturer, Kaduna CP tells KASU VC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DICTATORSHIP IS HERE: Produce anti-Buhari-govt lecturer, Kaduna CP tells KASU VC (953 Views)

Charly Boy, Jim Iyke, Aisha Yesufu At Anti-Buhari Resume Or Resign Protest (Pic) / Anti-Buhari Protesters Run, Police Called Against Them At Abuja House In London / Produce Anti-govt Lecturer, Kaduna CP Tells KASU VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DICTATORSHIP IS HERE: Produce anti-Buhari-govt lecturer, Kaduna CP tells KASU VC by BERNIMOORE: 9:41am On Jan 27, 2016
Produce anti-govt lecturer, Kaduna CP tells KASU VC
On January 27, 2016

By Luka Binniyat

KADUNA—The Kaduna State Kaduna Police Commissioner, CP, Umar Kofar-Naisa, has ordered, the Vice Chancellor, VC, Kaduna State University, KASU, Professor Willaims Quirix, to produce perceived anti-government lecturer, Dr. John Danfulani, over comments he claimed could cause violence.
Gov. Nasir-El-Rufai
Gov. Nasir-El-Rufai of Kaduna State

This came as the University authorities since January 8, 2016, suspended the Political Science lecturer after querying him earlier.

But a group, Nerzit Patroitic Front, has kicked against the suspension of the lecturer, asking KASU to rescind its decision.

The group threatened to go to court, accusing KASU and state government of “persecuting Dr. Danfulani because he holds a different political ideology, ethnic and religious learning with the government of the day”.

A letter dated 21st January, 2015 with reference – CR: 000/KDS/X/D6/Vol.82/150 signed CP Umar Kofar-Niasa addressed to the VC of KASU, reads: “This Department is investigating the above mentioned case involving one of your lecturers, Dr. John Danfulani. You are kindly requested to release him to interview the undersigned through O/C General Surveillance State SCIID Kaduna on 25/01/2006 at about 1000hrs to enable complete our investigation.”

Perhaps unknown to the CP, Danfunali had been suspended by KASU.

The register of KASU, Mrs Talatu A. Kuri, had on January 8, written Danfulani to inform him of his suspension from the school.

The letter read: “We refer to our letter of query dated 5th January, 2016 requesting you to explain within 48 hours why disciplinary action will not be taken against you for gross misconduct and confirm that you failed to respond. In line with S15 (1) 4 of KASU staff Conditions of Service, the Vice Chancellor has suspended you from duty forthwith and will report the matter to Council.”

Reactions;

ChristopherAgu
24 minutes ago

It is now a crime to have a divergent view with the government of the day. Even in the universities were students are expected to brain storm and think beyond the ordinary. God help us.

Akin Malaolu
32 minutes ago

The shorter they are the bigger their arrogance and the harder their resolved to be domineering. Thank God , I am rational not irrational

Thank God , I have good height to see things.

Thank God , I have regard for others views.

I thank God indeed.

We've just started The stifling of opposition or contrary view in the country DANGER!!!!!!!!!

proud deltan
1 hour ago

"If we only

allow freedom of speech for those we

agree with, is that free speech at all?"

Anno22
2 hours ago

We are now in a one party state in Nigeria . once you criticise APC or Buhari , then you are attacked by the state . shameful democracy of

I wonder if there isn't an independent council on education to sanction the VC for preventing broad political views in a political course;shame on him
I guess it shud then b called school of APC,cos i doubt if same would have been done if he spoke ill about d opposition

oyinbo Manuel
3 hours ago

Is this the tyrant El rufai has become so soon? ?

Shehu Sani suspended by kaduna APC for being anti government , and now a lecturer also by a Kaduna state owned university for being anti government! !!!!!!!!!!!
FlagShare
LikeReply

KumsonForson
4 hours ago

This is yet another classic example of what the baboons in the Zoo (Nigeria) do; they detest academic freedom.

Dr. John Danfunali is being hounded out of his job for daring to speak his mind. This is very sad indeed.

Is this the CHANGE the APC government promised all of us?

Re: DICTATORSHIP IS HERE: Produce anti-Buhari-govt lecturer, Kaduna CP tells KASU VC by Kyase(m): 9:50am On Jan 27, 2016
Yes, produce him or else.
I love dictatorship.
Even Gaddafi was called dictator.
So I love dictatorship.
Re: DICTATORSHIP IS HERE: Produce anti-Buhari-govt lecturer, Kaduna CP tells KASU VC by erunz(m): 9:59am On Jan 27, 2016
we talk am Abi we now talk am. Ok continue
Re: DICTATORSHIP IS HERE: Produce anti-Buhari-govt lecturer, Kaduna CP tells KASU VC by BERNIMOORE: 10:10am On Jan 27, 2016
erunz:
we talk am Abi we now talk am. Ok continue
Fayose said it plainly in FULL PAGE ADVERT ''say NO TO A DICTATOR'' last year they Branded it HATE CAMPAIGN now the prophecy comes true, but 'SOME' Nigerians are like Dog that will still get lost no matter how the owner blew whitsle.

1 Like

Re: DICTATORSHIP IS HERE: Produce anti-Buhari-govt lecturer, Kaduna CP tells KASU VC by BERNIMOORE: 10:28am On Jan 27, 2016
Kyase:
Yes, produce him or else.
I love dictatorship.
Even Gaddafi was called dictator.
So I love dictatorship.
So, Fayose Was right After-all, yet you branded His warning as Hate Campaign, Chai there is God oo.
But before you Go Fayose have another prophecy for you take note pls...
''Those promoting dictatorship will end up in stomach of dictator, Fayose tells Aregbesola'' http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/those-promoting-dictatorship-will-end-up-in-stomach-of-dictator-fayose-tells-aregbesola/
Re: DICTATORSHIP IS HERE: Produce anti-Buhari-govt lecturer, Kaduna CP tells KASU VC by Kyase(m): 10:41am On Jan 27, 2016
BERNIMOORE:
So, Fayose Was right After-all, yet you branded His warning as Hate Campaign, Chai there is God oo.
But before you Go Fayose have another prophecy for you take note pls...
''Those promoting dictatorship will end up in stomach of dictator, Fayose tells Aregbesola'' http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/those-promoting-dictatorship-will-end-up-in-stomach-of-dictator-fayose-tells-aregbesola/
Yes I will love that, better been in the stomach of Mr clueless

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Bye Bye / Nema Nigeria Confirms That All Passengers Are Rescued And Alive (see tweet) / Obiano On Inspection Tour: All 3 Modern Flyovers Will Be Ready By April - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.