Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,081 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria (24862 Views)

Latest Webometrics Ranking For Nigerian Universities July 2017 / Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition / Webometrics Transparent Ranking Of Universities 2016: UNN Tops In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by DICK4UCKPUSSY: 12:41pm On Jan 27, 2016
Emekamex:
Webometrics is a more reliable source of knowing top universities than the useless NUC list.

The level of Illiteracy is second to none..cheesycheesy

3 Likes

Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by leksbore(m): 12:41pm On Jan 27, 2016
sapien:
Wetin you sef go do for school wey you no fit make 1.5 at the end of session? That kind person suppose go learn Vulcanizer.
aw person no go make 1.5 ,after e pass jamb and post jamb,,,nah the school dey do mago mago come dey put am for student head say dem no pass. if no be say education nah him be the order for the day nah who wan go school before.

1 Like

Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by DICK4UCKPUSSY: 12:41pm On Jan 27, 2016
Emekamex:
Webometrics is a more reliable source of knowing top universities than the useless NUC list.

Webometrics is for online while NUC is the reality on ground LOL..cheesycheesy

4 Likes

Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by Silsilah: 12:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
MadCow1:
I wonder if there is a ranking for World's most Useless Universities..

Who can guess the Nigerian University that would be number one..

Free recharge card for the correct answer.
I dunno all the Uni but I feel it should be Uni Abuja
Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by Emekamex(m): 12:47pm On Jan 27, 2016
DICK4UCKPUSSY:

The level of Illiteracy is second to none..cheesycheesy

Don't act stupid, everyone knows that like everything in Nigeria, NUC is highly politicised.
Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by mbourie(m): 12:49pm On Jan 27, 2016
asadike:
The truth be told, unn is a great varsity. I laugh whenever i hear statement like ' uni ilorin and uni lag are better than unn. Great lions den, i hail u.

Nice one..... the varsity of great men and women of bluestockings....
Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by Emekamex(m): 12:49pm On Jan 27, 2016
DICK4UCKPUSSY:

Webometrics is for online while NUC is the reality on ground LOL..cheesycheesy

Nah, I cast doubts in anything Nigeria related because of our fraudulent ways in all spheres of life.

1 Like

Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by GuDErboY(m): 12:50pm On Jan 27, 2016
Abeg who help me see FUTY
Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by demoore1(m): 12:51pm On Jan 27, 2016
WAOOOOOO I AM VERY PROUD OF UNN. THIS REMINDS ME OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT OF UNN BACK THEN. WITH THE LIKES OF Prof. ENIBE,
Engr. Prof. EDELUGO
PROF ONYEGEGBU
PROF ONYEJEKWE
Prof. A.O. Odukwe Professor
Prof. C.I. Ezekwe Professor
ETC....

2 Likes

Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by Flyoruboy(m): 12:53pm On Jan 27, 2016
Emekamex:

Nah, I cast doubts in anything Nigeria related because of our fraudulent ways in all spheres of life.

Except when it favours the SE, of course. cheesy Relax bro. Webometrics na just for online presence assessment and not the reality on ground. Make Una no get too carried away in your excitement.
Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by demoore1(m): 12:54pm On Jan 27, 2016
MY ROLE MODEL THEN.

5 BRIEF CURRICULUM VITAE

5.1 Prof Onwuamaeze C. Iloeje (C. Eng, MI Mech E, MNSE, MSESN, FSESN)

B Sc 1st Class Honours, Mech Eng (1968) – Univ. of Nottingham, England

MS (1971) MS in Mech Eng (1971), PhD (1975) – Mech Eng, MIT Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA

With his first degree, he worked for 2 years at Hall Thermotank International, England, becoming a Refrigeration Systems Design Engineer after his 1st year. Subsequently, at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, he had a very successful career as a Research Asst. on Post Dryout Heat Transfer problems in Nuclear Reactor Loss of Coolant Accidents. After his PhD, he carried on this work for 3 years as Engineer/Snr. Engineer at General Electric Nuclear Energy Division, San Jose California, USA. Thereafter he joined the Department of Mechanical Engineering of the University of Nigeria in 1977 as Lecturer I and became Professor of Mechanical Engineering in 1989. His teaching and research had focused principally in the area of Energy and Power (Conventional and Renewable) and on the use of locally available materials. These led to an innovative and unique Three-step Model of Dispersed Flow Heat Transfer, Solid Absorption Solar Refrigerator, a Commercial Scale Solar Rice Dryer, A Friction Brake Pad Based Predominantly on Locally Available Materials – among many others. He has over 35 Journal and Technical Conference Papers, 13 Technical Reports, 6 Books and Booklets and 27 Invited Workshop and Seminar Papers. He has served as Chairman/Member of various University, Faculty and Departmental Committees, including Chairman CEC Board (1987-1992), member Consultancy Management Board, Chairman Faculty Engineering Design and Practice Center, Chairman Departmental Postgraduate Committee, etc, etc. He was Assoc. Dean of Engineering (1987/89,)

He served very notably as Director Energy Center/NCERD –UNN (1989-1994). He was thereafter appointed Director, Energy Information Systems (1996-1998) and Director, Energy Policy and Planning (1997-2005) – all at the Energy Commission of Nigeria ECN, Lagos/Abuja. At the ECN he was responsible for the studies on, and development of various energy policy and plan documents including the first National Energy Policy, the first National Renewable Energy Master Plan (2005-2025), the first 30–year Comprehensive National Energy Demand Projection (2000-2030), the first 25–year Electricity Generation Expansion Plan (2000-2030) and many others.

He was a member of the Electric Power Sector Reform Implementation Committee, EPIC (2000-2003) and in that capacity helped to develop the power Sector Reform Policy, the Electric Power Sector Reform Act (2005) and many other power sector reform instruments. He was later appointed a Federal Commissioner in the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission. As one of 7 pioneer Commissioners of NERC, he was instrumental to developing several regulations, guidelines, procedures and policy documents, including the first Multi-year Tariff Order, which helped to make functional the new reformed Electricity Supply Industry and establish NERC as a viable and dependable electric sector regulator.

3 Likes

Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by optional1(f): 12:57pm On Jan 27, 2016
AreaFada2:

But it will attract some rich & brilliant students & academics from Japan, South Korea, Russia, USA, India, Saudi Arabia & other Gulf states.

That will further enhance student & staff quality, thereby keeping the universities at the top for longer.

These rich students will in the future donate huge money to their alma mater endowment funds.

For example: Harvard university has a fund of $37.6 Billion, MIT = $13.7 billion. Stanford: $16.136 billion.

In UK Cambridge =£5.890Billion, Oxford = £4.246billion.

Now compare to 9ja 2015 budget of $23.8 billion, a country of 200 million people!

From 9ja "fire brigade" & "owo mi da" approach, no money will be shared for ranking.

But the future benefits can be enormous.
tnx 4 d brifing bro
Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by teejaypee: 1:04pm On Jan 27, 2016
I have this great love for this school But them no admit me... Unn.. diarisGod oooo
Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 1:05pm On Jan 27, 2016
optional1:
tnx 4 d brifing bro

Uwc dear sis.
Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by demoore1(m): 1:12pm On Jan 27, 2016
Flyoruboy:

Except when it favours the SE, of course. cheesy Relax bro. Webometrics na just for online presence assessment and not the reality on ground. Make Una no get too carried away in your excitement.

ETHNIC COW. HATERS OF SOUTHEAST. THUNDER WEY GO STRIKE UNA MOUTHEHHHHHH!!! IT STILL DEY GIM DEY WARM UP.

1 Like

Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by sapien(m): 1:16pm On Jan 27, 2016
leksbore:
aw person no go make 1.5 ,after e pass jamb and post jamb,,,nah the school dey do mago mago come dey put am for student head say dem no pass. if no be say education nah him be the order for the day nah who wan go school before.
See as you dey yarn like say no be Naija you dey? Dem tell you say na every student dey write Jamb and Post Jamb by themselves? You never hear of student wey blast 280 for Post jamb, and at the end of the session no fit make up to 2.0 CGPA? Na today? Na only for Naija Universities that kind thing dey happen!

1 Like

Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by Flyoruboy(m): 1:16pm On Jan 27, 2016
demoore1:

ETHNIC COW. HATERS OF SOUTHEAST. THUNDER WEY GO STRIKE UNA MOUTHEHHHHHH!!! IT STILL DEY GIM DEY WARM UP.

I dodge your thunder and fire am your Back to sender. cheesy
Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by DICK4UCKPUSSY: 1:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
Emekamex:

Don't act stupid, everyone knows that like everything in Nigeria, NUC is highly politicised.

it is highly politicised when it doesn't favour ucheesygrin

I guess webometrics re also incharge and oversee academic activities in all the univeristies in nigeria gringrin
Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by olaitan4real: 1:31pm On Jan 27, 2016
I imagine dis kind of ranking wen UI rated above UNN in d world

nawa ooo

1 Like

Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by leksbore(m): 1:33pm On Jan 27, 2016
sapien:
See as you dey yarn like say no be Naija you dey? Dem tell you say na every student dey write Jamb and Post Jamb by themselves? You never hear of student wey blast 280 for Post jamb, and at the end of the session no fit make up to 2.0 CGPA? Na today? Na only for Naija Universities that kind thing dey happen!
nah wah 4 u ooo
Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by ril19(m): 1:38pm On Jan 27, 2016
jokes n sentiments aside, the super power universities as far as naija is concerned are:

UNN

UI

ABU

in that order in my opinion

2 Likes

Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by AfribaryChika(f): 1:42pm On Jan 27, 2016
Nice One Webometrics. National Open University is useless
Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by fart: 1:49pm On Jan 27, 2016
Ishopbest:
1389th in the world cry

loooooool grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by madamL(f): 1:56pm On Jan 27, 2016
Hail varsity of Nigeria my alma mater...

1 Like

Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by farouk0403(m): 2:02pm On Jan 27, 2016
GuDErboY:
Abeg who help me see FUTY
You mean Futy yola?? Are you from there?
Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by Gassa007: 2:10pm On Jan 27, 2016
MadCow1:
I wonder if there is a ranking for World's most Useless Universities..

Who can guess the Nigerian University that would be number one..

Free recharge card for the correct answer.
Uniben abi
Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by streamsofjoy(f): 2:12pm On Jan 27, 2016
Acecube:
why do u have to bring Unilorin in this, is it because we are way better by far ? ..lol
U are truly better by far in terms of your moto, that I agree but not ur products. I mean I have them as colleagues and I knw wat I'm sayin.

1 Like

Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 27, 2016
UNN remains the most academically efficient and brilliant university in Nigeria,

checkout her alumni all round the world.

2 Likes

Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by dassyslimmy(m): 2:54pm On Jan 27, 2016
hmmm, nyce one i'm aspiring to be a unilorin student dis year by taking D.E, All i can say is dat UNILORIN is gud
Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by leksbore(m): 3:24pm On Jan 27, 2016
dassyslimmy:
hmmm, nyce one i'm aspiring to be a unilorin student dis year by taking D.E, All i can say is dat UNILORIN is gud
lol for u abi.
Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by ernecy(m): 3:34pm On Jan 27, 2016
all of you shud b ashamed of ur selves, coming here to claim that ur school is this and that, and what not, when u have not contributed anything to the body of knowledge.

all you do is argue on how ur school is the best and others are not, when it's not even the issue.

Some many children with free MB on Nairaland
Re: Webometrics Ranks UNN First In Nigeria by kilisi(m): 5:06pm On Jan 27, 2016
Sirlancelot:
Not matter what RECTE SAPERE FONS,like if you belong
For knowledge and sound judgement!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FCFMT Victoria-Island Lagos Dirty Hostel (Photos) / Katsina NCE Holder Celebrates His Graduation On Facebook (Photos) / Osogbo Primary School Pupil Gives Moving Campaign Speech, Contests For Head Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.