Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Jonathan Bought Faulty Fighter Jets For Boko Haram War – NAF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Bought Faulty Fighter Jets For Boko Haram War – NAF (1640 Views)

Missiles Loaded On Nigerian Fighter Jets For Boko Haram (Photos) / Buhari: Boko Haram War, Anti Corruption War And The "Economic Crisis" / FG Committed To Winning Boko Haram War By December 31 – Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Bought Faulty Fighter Jets For Boko Haram War – NAF by elixirnigeria: 1:04pm On Jan 27, 2016
Two of the four Alpha Jets bought from the United States in 2015 by the immediate past administration of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan to enhance the operational capability of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) to combat Boko Haram insurgency in the North East “could not be deployed to the theatre of operation before now due to the inherent weapon delivery deficiency hence its limited use for training purposes,” NAF said yesterday.
NAF Director of Public Relations & Information, Group Captain AK Famuyiwa, said yesterday in a statement that NAF in its bid for increased self-reliance, has successfully reconfigured the two “demilitarised Alpha Jets in its inventory that were hitherto acquired without weapon delivery capability.”
According to him, “The urgent need, in recent times, to commit more NAF platforms to OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE to enhance the success of the counter insurgency operation necessitated the Service to look inward to seek ways of achieving its drive for self reliance through research and development.”
Continuing, Famuyiwa said in the statement issued in Abuja: “The NAF had earlier looked overseas for assistance without much success to get the aircraft reconfigured for combat roles. A number of vendors invited to Nigeria to assess the platforms had concluded that it would be difficult or almost impossible to undertake the project since the Original Equipment Manufacturer had long closed down the production line. A few others who agreed to the possibility of having the aircraft reconfigured to carry munitions also submitted proposals for initial assessment fees ranging from $20,000 – $30,000 before they could come up with the actual cost of the project. Convinced that the project would work, the NAF consequently assembled a team of technicians to develop a feasible model for the project. The model worked on ground, and has since been mounted on the Alpha Jets, and test flown successfully. This feat is a major research and development breakthrough for the NAF and the Nation as a huge foreign exchange saver given that the project only cost about N400,000.00 compared to what would be required to have it done abroad.”
https://www.today.ng/news/national/71734/jonathan-bought-faulty-fighter-jets-for-boko-haram-war-naf
Re: Jonathan Bought Faulty Fighter Jets For Boko Haram War – NAF by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jan 27, 2016
"demilitarised Alpha Jets in its inventory that were hitherto acquired without weapon delivery capability.” Jonathan sef cry

"This feat is a major research and development breakthrough for the NAF and the Nation as a huge foreign exchange saver given that the project only cost about N400,000.00 compared to what would be required to have it done abroad.” Amazing action !

Re: Jonathan Bought Faulty Fighter Jets For Boko Haram War – NAF by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 27, 2016
i heared NAF had to provide engines to fly them in ..... may dasuki and co rot like maggots

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Bought Faulty Fighter Jets For Boko Haram War – NAF by zuchyblink(m): 1:45pm On Jan 27, 2016
Another Lagos-Ibadan express way news

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Bought Faulty Fighter Jets For Boko Haram War – NAF by Sunky200: 2:21pm On Jan 27, 2016
misleading headings, faulty warplane bought to fight insurgency during jonathan administration. is that not why the ex army chiefs are being investtigated.
Re: Jonathan Bought Faulty Fighter Jets For Boko Haram War – NAF by Curlieweed: 3:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
Nigerian journalists are clueless. How can joy boy it Alpha jets from the US when they're it US made?

How can the Alpha jets be "de-militarized" when they were anufactured as trainers?

Bunch of propagandizing zombies.
Re: Jonathan Bought Faulty Fighter Jets For Boko Haram War – NAF by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 27, 2016
Thought Nigerians were told that nothing was bought by the past administration to fight BH all through the Season 1 of this movie and In Season 2, Nigerians are now been told that faulty warplanes were bought to fight BH!

Who are the director's and producers of these contradictory Seasonal tales by moonlight ........?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Bought Faulty Fighter Jets For Boko Haram War – NAF by Okanokan(m): 3:51pm On Jan 27, 2016
Why Jonathan? Thought the NAF has a Chief of Air Staff, and also do have a Procurement Officer, both normally request for and do carry out procurement for NAF, why blame Jonathan for the manipulative thievery of the NAF?
Re: Jonathan Bought Faulty Fighter Jets For Boko Haram War – NAF by Progressive01(m): 3:55pm On Jan 27, 2016
zuchyblink:
Another Lagos-Ibadan express way news
Another flaky defense from an ipod youth.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Bought Faulty Fighter Jets For Boko Haram War – NAF by babadem2much(m): 4:19pm On Jan 27, 2016
byrron:
Thought Nigerians were told that nothing was bought by the past administration to fight BH all through the Season 1 of this movie and In Season 2, Nigerians are now been told that faulty warplanes were bought to fight BH!

Who are the director's and producers of these contradictory Seasonal tales by moonlight ........?

I bought a faulty car n gave you to do transport bussines from Lagos to Ibadan n e no reach Berger. d mission is not accomplished na ma guy

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Bought Faulty Fighter Jets For Boko Haram War – NAF by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 27, 2016
babadem2much:

I bought a faulty car n gave you to do transport bussines from Lagos to Ibadan n e no reach Berger. d mission is not accomplished na ma guy

U denied receiving a car from me initially for the transport business for the first story and now the car u denied receiving from me no come reach Berger which is the content of your second story, my guy make up your mind on the exact story wey u wan tell me.

How I'm I even sure that the denied car that was latter admitted to have been collected didn't get to kano and the proceeds pocketed by u only for u to come and start telling me it didn't get to Berger yet u no offload the passengers in it, u no return my car and u still dey use am!

U can't earn my trust if na so so lies and inconsistencies full ur mouth.

Most of u transport driver's no get truth for mouth at all

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Bought Faulty Fighter Jets For Boko Haram War – NAF by babadem2much(m): 4:41pm On Jan 27, 2016
byrron:

U denied receiving a car from me initially for the transport business for the first story and now the car u denied receiving from me no come reach Berger which is the content of your second story, my guy make up your mind on the exact story wey u wan tell me.

How I'm I even sure that the denied car that was latter admitted to have been collected didn't get to kano and the proceeds pocketed by u only for u to come and start telling me it didn't get to Berger yet u no offload the passengers in it, u no return my car and u still dey use am!

U can't earn my trust if na so so lies and inconsistencies fall ur mouth.

Most of u transport driver's no get truth for mouth at all

This guy u get bad mouth I swear! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Bought Faulty Fighter Jets For Boko Haram War – NAF by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
elixirnigeria:
Two of the four Alpha Jets bought from the United States in 2015 by the immediate past administration of Dr. Goodluck Jonathan to enhance the operational capability of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) to combat Boko Haram insurgency in the North East “could not be deployed to the theatre of operation before now due to the inherent weapon delivery deficiency hence its limited use for training purposes,” NAF said yesterday.
NAF Director of Public Relations & Information, Group Captain AK Famuyiwa, said yesterday in a statement that NAF in its bid for increased self-reliance, has successfully reconfigured the two “demilitarised Alpha Jets in its inventory that were hitherto acquired without weapon delivery capability.”
According to him, “The urgent need, in recent times, to commit more NAF platforms to OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE to enhance the success of the counter insurgency operation necessitated the Service to look inward to seek ways of achieving its drive for self reliance through research and development.”
Continuing, Famuyiwa said in the statement issued in Abuja: “The NAF had earlier looked overseas for assistance without much success to get the aircraft reconfigured for combat roles. A number of vendors invited to Nigeria to assess the platforms had concluded that it would be difficult or almost impossible to undertake the project since the Original Equipment Manufacturer had long closed down the production line. A few others who agreed to the possibility of having the aircraft reconfigured to carry munitions also submitted proposals for initial assessment fees ranging from $20,000 – $30,000 before they could come up with the actual cost of the project. Convinced that the project would work, the NAF consequently assembled a team of technicians to develop a feasible model for the project. The model worked on ground, and has since been mounted on the Alpha Jets, and test flown successfully. This feat is a major research and development breakthrough for the NAF and the Nation as a huge foreign exchange saver given that the project only cost about N400,000.00 compared to what would be required to have it done abroad.”
https://www.today.ng/news/national/71734/jonathan-bought-faulty-fighter-jets-for-boko-haram-war-naf
[s]
elixirnigeria:
[/s]
elixirnigeria:
Re: Jonathan Bought Faulty Fighter Jets For Boko Haram War – NAF by poiZon: 4:44pm On Jan 27, 2016
Progressive01:
Another flaky defense from an ipod youth.

did gej also double as procurement officer at the defense office?
Re: Jonathan Bought Faulty Fighter Jets For Boko Haram War – NAF by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jan 27, 2016
babadem2much:

This guy u get bad mouth I swear! grin grin grin

I just follow u reason along the transport analogy u brought into the matter naa

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Bought Faulty Fighter Jets For Boko Haram War – NAF by asadike(f): 2:15am On Jan 28, 2016
so jona even bought war planes? abi wetin i dey hear? wonders shall never end. Why all the lies ftom Apc now? Infact may correct thunder wey carry belle fire anything call Apc be it human being or animal. Haba! kai Apc. Nigerians deserve better than dis.

(1) (Reply)

Confusion In Benue APC As Party Elders Ask Daniel Onjeh To Step Down For Mike On / Biafra: Court Rejects Application For Nnamdi Kanu Trial To Be Held In Secret / Alhaji Muhammad Buba Is New Chairman PPPRA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.