Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,849 members, 7,817,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Telecoms Customer Care Agents.. Noobs Or?? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Telecoms Customer Care Agents.. Noobs Or?? (1110 Views)

Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services / How Can I Speak With Airtel Customer Care? / Telecoms Operators Threaten To Shut Down Operations In Six States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telecoms Customer Care Agents.. Noobs Or?? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 27, 2016
Recently, i had a terrible experience with MTN Customer Care Agents...

I subscribed to a BIS plan on my Blackberry, followed the normal procedure of hard-reset and after all the ish, Nothing was actually working.. My phone will browse if i have credit but once its finished, i wont be able to browse again and meanwhile, i have an active subscription..

I called their customer care and these are the solutions almost 40 of em gave me:

1) Go to your my message and text DATA ON to 131.. This didnt work..

2) Go to apn and set it to web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net with username and password as web respectively.. This didnt work too..

3) Perform a hard reset and wait for 2 minutes, then reinsert your battery and it should work.. This didnt work..

4) Go to Host routing Table and Send ''Register Now''.. This didnt work also..

5) This one is funny.. Almost 20 customer agents told me to wait, that they'll text me on what to do once i end the call and behold the message:

Tell the Customer to go to message and send ''DATA ON'' to ''131''.. Or tell the Customer to Go to Host Routing Table, Press Blackberry button and select ''Register Now''..

When i got this text, I was so disappointed that i gave up.. How can a Customer Care Agent forward this text to a Subscriber and also include the Instructions they gave to him/her.. I've had a similar case with Glo Customer care Agent on a different issue where he sent the same message..

I later took my phone to MTN office and explained to them my case.. They took me inside to their technical department and the funny dude checked my phone and sim and asked if it was a ''32k'' or ''128k'' Sim Card.. I was wondering how the specie of my Sim Card was the cause of my not being able to Browse.. At the end, he couldnt do shii..

My Question is: Were these guys screened before employment..?? I know that in developed countries, You dont employ someone who knows nothing about how things work..

Well, I had to go online and i noticed that my Phone was locked to a BES(Blackberry Enterprise Service).. All i had to do was delete a Security IT Policy and insert a .bin file, restart my phone and boom, My Subscription started working...

You can share your experience with these Telecoms customer care agents here..
Re: Telecoms Customer Care Agents.. Noobs Or?? by gidimasters(m): 2:31pm On Jan 27, 2016
Seriously, i dont think so... thats how many of the agents do... i have experienced it too
Re: Telecoms Customer Care Agents.. Noobs Or?? by NnamdiN: 6:46am On Jan 28, 2016
Djangocode:

I subscribed to a BIS plan on my Blackberry, followed the normal procedure of hard-reset and after all the ish, Nothing was actually working.. My phone will browse if i have credit but once its finished, i wont be able to browse again and meanwhile, i have an active subscription..

I called their customer care and these are the solutions almost 40 of em gave me:

2) Go to apn and set it to web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net with username and password as web respectively.. This didnt work too..

3) Perform a hard reset and wait for 2 minutes, then reinsert your battery and it should work.. This didnt work..

5) This one is funny.. Almost 20 customer agents told me to wait, that they'll text me on what to do once i end the call and behold the message:

Tell the Customer to go to message and send ''DATA ON'' to ''131''.. Or tell the Customer to Go to Host Routing Table, Press Blackberry button and select ''Register Now''..

When i got this text, I was so disappointed that i gave up.. How can a Customer Care Agent forward this text to a Subscriber and also include the Instructions they gave to him/her.. I've had a similar case with Glo Customer care Agent on a different issue where he sent the same message..

I later took my phone to MTN office and explained to them my case.. They took me inside to their technical department and the funny dude checked my phone and sim and asked if it was a ''32k'' or ''128k'' Sim Card.. I was wondering how the specie of my Sim Card was the cause of my not being able to Browse.. At the end, he couldnt do shii..

My Question is: Were these guys screened before employment..?? I know that in developed countries, You dont employ someone who knows nothing about how things work..

Well, I had to go online and i noticed that my Phone was locked to a BES(Blackberry Enterprise Service).. All i had to do was delete a Security IT Policy and insert a .bin file, restart my phone and boom, My Subscription started working...

how exactly did you expect them to figure out the problem was from your phone and not their fault? Calling customer care should be a last option. They're not mini gods.
Re: Telecoms Customer Care Agents.. Noobs Or?? by kentochi(m): 9:10am On Jan 28, 2016
NnamdiN:
how exactly did you expect them to figure out the problem was from your phone and not their fault? Calling customer care should be a last option. They're not mini gods.
eze ndi igbo!
Re: Telecoms Customer Care Agents.. Noobs Or?? by NnamdiN: 4:23pm On Jan 28, 2016
kentochi:
eze ndi igbo!
lolz nwanne mtn customers sabi annoy person I swear grin
Re: Telecoms Customer Care Agents.. Noobs Or?? by henryobinna(m): 6:30pm On Jan 28, 2016
Many of them are noobs but a few really know what they're there for
Re: Telecoms Customer Care Agents.. Noobs Or?? by ewizard1: 8:04pm On Jan 28, 2016
Thats because they dont acually work with MTN. Instead a Customer Care company is bridging that gap. When they say "Hold on, let me run a check on your line... they are contacting the real MTN techy guys and those would tell them what they have to tell you.

Tho not all the time, some are problems that they already have been told the solution.
Re: Telecoms Customer Care Agents.. Noobs Or?? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 29, 2016
ewizard1:
Thats because they dont acually work with MTN. Instead a Customer Care company is bridging that gap. When they say "Hold on, let me run a check on your line... they are contacting the real MTN techy guys and those would tell them what they have to tell you.

Tho not all the time, some are problems that they already have been told the solution.

I guess yo explanation is quite clear tho.. Am still wondering why it is so?? They are supposed to be conversant with Network technologies.. Reason is that their are issues people experience that needs immediate attention and not telling the customer to wait for 24 hours of no Result..
Re: Telecoms Customer Care Agents.. Noobs Or?? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 29, 2016
henryobinna:
Many of them are noobs but a few really know what they're there for
Yes Bro.. That is the problem..
Re: Telecoms Customer Care Agents.. Noobs Or?? by NnamdiN: 9:57am On Jan 31, 2016
ewizard1:

there's not an atom of truth in what you wrote. how do you guys come up with al these? are you one of them?
Re: Telecoms Customer Care Agents.. Noobs Or?? by ewizard1: 9:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
NnamdiN:
there's not an atom of truth in what you wrote. how do you guys come up with al these? are you one of them?

Hold it sir. Why not do findings before ranting up sir?
Re: Telecoms Customer Care Agents.. Noobs Or?? by NnamdiN: 9:52pm On Jan 31, 2016
ewizard1:

Hold it sir. Why not do findings before ranting up sir?
no need to do findings when I'm one of them.
Re: Telecoms Customer Care Agents.. Noobs Or?? by ewizard1: 10:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
NnamdiN:
no need to do findings when I'm one of them.

Ok, you're a Network's customer care agent? Good. Is your office labeled with the network?
What i mean... Do you really work with the Network directly?
Re: Telecoms Customer Care Agents.. Noobs Or?? by NnamdiN: 6:09am On Feb 01, 2016
ewizard1:

Ok, you're a Network's customer care agent? Good. Is your office labeled with the network?
What i mean... Do you really work with the Network directly?
yes and no. There are several centers. A few are outsourced to other companies to manage. But that's not the issue here, besides however you look at it, they all work for the network.
When they say "Hold on, let me run a check on your line... they are contacting the real MTN techy guys and those would tell them what they have to tell you.
where did you hear this please? It's very ridiculous
Re: Telecoms Customer Care Agents.. Noobs Or?? by alexx187(m): 8:15am On Feb 01, 2016
Djangocode:

.....power of the internet,most of these customer service don't really know how the cell phone shit works "technically"
Re: Telecoms Customer Care Agents.. Noobs Or?? by ewizard1: 10:45am On Feb 01, 2016
NnamdiN:
yes and no. There are several centers. A few are outsourced to other companies to manage. But that's not the issue here, besides however you look at it, they all work for the network.

Thats it!
Re: Telecoms Customer Care Agents.. Noobs Or?? by NnamdiN: 11:42am On Feb 01, 2016
ewizard1:

Thats it!
and then you conveniently skip the other part. Oga try to verify facts before you post. Nobody places any one on hold to go ask questions. Youre placed on hold when the systems are acting up, when theres need for verification, wont disclose the other reasons, but theres absolutely nothing like going to ask the ''real MTN guys''... It is still within ourselves
Re: Telecoms Customer Care Agents.. Noobs Or?? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Feb 01, 2016
alexx187:
.....power of the internet,most of these customer service don't really know how the cell phone shit works "technically"

Yes Boss.. Thats the truth..
Re: Telecoms Customer Care Agents.. Noobs Or?? by ewizard1: 11:24pm On Feb 01, 2016
NnamdiN:
and then you conveniently skip the other part. Oga try to verify facts before you post. Nobody places any one on hold to go ask questions. Youre placed on hold when the systems are acting up, when theres need for verification, wont disclose the other reasons, but theres absolutely nothing like going to ask the ''real MTN guys''... It is still within ourselves
Ok!

(1) (Reply)

SUBSCRIBERS BEWARE: How MTN Defrauds Nigerians Of Millions Of Naira Daily / Optimizing Your Android Device For A Longer Battery Life / See Reply I Sent Back To An ATM Fraudster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.