Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

PARENTS!!! An Advice For You And Your Wards (PHOTOS) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / PARENTS!!! An Advice For You And Your Wards (PHOTOS) (826 Views)

4 Things To Do After You Are Engaged To Him (Advice For Ladies) / My Wife Got Pregnant For Another Man.. I Need An Advice / 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PARENTS!!! An Advice For You And Your Wards (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 27, 2016
Dear Parents/Guardian/Wards,
Let me be plain with you, the world and Nigeria especially is changing, it is not about certificate anymore but rather what you can offer (something of worth and that is needed). Don't get me wrong, education is very important and they should cherish it, but I will advice you as parents to take a look at this trends so as to encourage your wards to carry on while they wait to secure an admission into any higher institution of learning. The point here is that, instead of allowing your sons wasting time of video games and your daughters running from house to house while they await admission, as a parent you should invest in your child.
As a teen, rather than go for small petty jobs that can only give you quick money like selling clothes, recharge cards, sales persons,working at fuel pump stations or gambling( nairabet, quickbet, naijabet, etc), I will strongly advice you to LEARN a hand work, you may not get the money right away, in fact you may have to pay to be taught but you will laugh and rejoice at last and your parents will be proud of you. Below is a list of things that your wards can get into before their admission:

1. photography/graphic designing/printing (both males and females, but most suitable for males): this is flexible and you can keep learning even when in school, the advantage is enormous, you get to take pictures of student in school, design frames for birthdays, weddings, etc, design calendars, fliers and posters for various groups, you can even fall back to this after school while waiting for a white collar job, or do both together.

2.Plumbing(for males): When you learn plumbing from a professional and you happen to be excellent in it, then wholla!!!!! you have hit a Gold Mine, as long as you are very good, then you will make a lot of money, just picture a place like Port Harcourt or Abuja, how much it cost to plumb a new house?

3.Tailoring/Fashion designing/Knitting (for both Males and Females): Encourage your wards to learn from a professional, imagine how much a native cost? one dress alone can cost N25,000 to saw, and this is something you do in a few days, you can design your own styles and can saw for your classmates when your start your university. Also you can be sure to make a lot of money from schools when you win contracts to saw school uniforms.

4.Electrician/Painting/PVC( for Males) : Now if you spend this time learning how to wire a house, paint and fix PVCs in modern buildings, you are sure that you will be a hot cake and will evidently make a lot of income in the long run.

5. Hair dressing/Nail fixing/Make up artists( for females): every woman wants to look good, you can be of service to an unlimited range of females, from brides, traders, office workers, university students etc.

6. Metal Fabrication/Carpentry(for Males): Imagine how much a beautiful set of chair cost? or a set of well decorated doors and windows? this is an area where you can make a gain worth 100 of thousands from a single contract, supplying to hotels, government establishments, schools, churches, etc. You are sure of a livelihood with this.

7. Music (for both Males and females): is it a joke? Definitely not!!!! when i say music I don't intend waste your time shouting in studios and no one wants to hear what you say, but I mean you settle and learn how to play instruments like guitars, keyboards, saxophones, drum sets, etc. After which you open a mini studio and enroll in music production, we have a growing interest from young youths who want to sing music, so it is a promising venture. Don't worry about the funding of your studio, you can generate money from teaching others how to play, and playing in churches every Sunday (to be paid of cos), you can choose to open a music school in the future where you teach others how to play instruments and in turn collect your cool cash!

8. Catering/Event planing (for both males and females but mostly females): when your ward learn from the best, they will surely adapt faster and develop even better, this area is very lucrative and they will be of importance in various ceremonies as death, wedding, naming, birthdays, etc, as time goes on, one may even open his/her eatery with sufficient capital. or even a catering school.

There many others, note that all these are things that your wards can do even when they are still schooling or when they graduate and get a government work, such skills can be passed to their children, and it doesn't stop them from achieving their academic goals, after all they are young, it also help them become responsible, productive and independent at an early age. BE A SUPPORTIVE PARENT TODAY! HELP MOLD THAT SON OR DAUGHTER OF YOURS!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: PARENTS!!! An Advice For You And Your Wards (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:09am On Jan 28, 2016

Re: PARENTS!!! An Advice For You And Your Wards (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:11am On Jan 28, 2016

Re: PARENTS!!! An Advice For You And Your Wards (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:12am On Jan 28, 2016

Re: PARENTS!!! An Advice For You And Your Wards (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 28, 2016

Re: PARENTS!!! An Advice For You And Your Wards (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:14am On Jan 28, 2016

Re: PARENTS!!! An Advice For You And Your Wards (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:15am On Jan 28, 2016

Re: PARENTS!!! An Advice For You And Your Wards (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:16am On Jan 28, 2016

Re: PARENTS!!! An Advice For You And Your Wards (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 1:16am On Jan 28, 2016

(1) (Reply)

A Call To Support An Orphanage Trip / 50 Ways To Make Your Wife Happy / Photos: Dad Puts His 'pot-smoking' Son's Car On Sale To Teach Him A Lesson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.