Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,298 members, 7,819,006 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Kogi: Bello Sheds Tears During Inaugural Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi: Bello Sheds Tears During Inaugural Speech (614 Views)

Number Of Times Trump Mentioned Biafra In His Inaugural Speech / Kogi: Bello Likely To Replace Audu / #bringbackourgirls Members In Tears During Meeting With Buhari (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kogi: Bello Sheds Tears During Inaugural Speech by freetalk2: 6:17pm On Jan 27, 2016
Newly inaugurated governor of Kogi State, Alhaji Yahaya Bello, broke down during his inaugural speech while recalling the sacrifices made by his mother in raising him.

http://www.Gallantsms.com Send Sms for #1.30 across all networks. Bulk SMS Service

Bello, who was inaugurated on Tuesday in a colourful ceremony at the Confluence Stadium in Lokoja, the state capital, started his inaugural address by expressing gratitude to God and those who aided him on his journey to becoming governor.

“I stand here today, a grateful man; I am to the Almighty God the eternal one, who led a young boy, fatherless, to this very day of my swearing in as governor,” he said.

The new governor, who thanked his late father who died while he was very young for leaving a positive legacy, was overcome with emotions when it came to his mother, Hajiya Hauwa Bello.

Struggling to hold back tears and keep his voice steady he said, “Despite the anguish of young widowhood, your values steadied me through the turbulence of youth and my years of self-discovery.”
Send Bulk SMS Cheap http://www.Gallantsms.com for #1.30 across all networks.

The governor also praised the late Abubakar Audu for his contributions to the development of the state and the party and promised to lead efforts to immortalise the late politician, whose death gave him the opportunity to become governor. Bello, 40, is the youngest governor of the state and the first person from the Ibira tribe to govern the state.

Re: Kogi: Bello Sheds Tears During Inaugural Speech by freetalk2: 6:20am On Jan 28, 2016
Ho
Re: Kogi: Bello Sheds Tears During Inaugural Speech by freetalk2: 6:58am On Jan 29, 2016
O

(1) (Reply)

Yorubas’ Are Genetically Immune To Lassa Fever Virus – Prof. Happi / Fayose Again! / Nigeria Will Shake If I Reveal What Happened Under Gej's Administration– Ex-adc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.