Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1274875 members, 1754129 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 November 2014 at 08:35 PM

How To Cut Chin-chin For Large Scale Production? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cut Chin-chin For Large Scale Production? (10057 Views)

How To Make Soft Chin-chin / Recipe For Chin-chin And Puff-puff / Recipe For Chin Chin (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cut Chin-chin For Large Scale Production? by Consultant(f): 1:42am On Jun 28, 2009
Hi,

Any caterers in the house? Please help. What equipment do people use to cut chin-chin on a large scale? I need to make a lot of chin-chin and I don't want to cut it by hand. Thanks.
Re: How To Cut Chin-chin For Large Scale Production? by Consultant(f): 12:46pm On Jun 29, 2009
Pls don't tell me all those chin-chin sellers cut by hand! Any info pls? Thanks.
Re: How To Cut Chin-chin For Large Scale Production? by tubby1: 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2009
I am interested as well, and watching with great anticipation. I know some people use pizza cutter, but not good enough. sad
Re: How To Cut Chin-chin For Large Scale Production? by tpiah: 11:58pm On Jun 30, 2009
maybe a pasta maker? Also called pasta roller

Re: How To Cut Chin-chin For Large Scale Production? by tubby1: 9:18pm On Jul 01, 2009
A good idea, but the dough will be cut too thin.
Re: How To Cut Chin-chin For Large Scale Production? by kelewa: 2:43am On Jul 02, 2009
tubby1:

A good idea, but the dough will be cut too thin.

the dough roller can be adjusted to varying degrees of thickness.
Re: How To Cut Chin-chin For Large Scale Production? by Consultant(f): 3:26am On Jul 02, 2009
But even if you use the machine to cut it into strips, don't you still need to cut it into squares with a knife?
Re: How To Cut Chin-chin For Large Scale Production? by tpiah: 3:09pm On Jul 02, 2009
Consultant:

But even if you use the machine to cut it into strips, don't you still need to cut it into squares with a knife?

Cant say for sure really since I've never made pasta from scratch before.

But it probably has a horizontal slicer in addition to the vertical one.

If what you're looking for is square chin chin and not the rectangular type, then the machine could be adjustable. After all pasta has varying shapes and thickness.

I'm also open to other ideas, if anyone knows how large scale chinchin is made. wink
Re: How To Cut Chin-chin For Large Scale Production? by mamagee3(f): 6:01pm On Jul 02, 2009
A dough roller. grin
Re: How To Cut Chin-chin For Large Scale Production? by Fhemmmy: 1:02pm On Jul 03, 2009
tpiah:

maybe a pasta maker? Also called pasta roller

that will make the chin chin too thin.
Re: How To Cut Chin-chin For Large Scale Production? by newintexas: 1:22am On Jul 22, 2009
The best thing is Pizza cutter. once you roll out the dough, you can cut up to five hundred pieces in less than five minutes
Re: How To Cut Chin-chin For Large Scale Production? by Consultant(f): 5:47am On Jul 26, 2009
Thanks, I will try it.
Re: How To Cut Chin-chin For Large Scale Production? by Fhemmmy: 5:41pm On Jul 28, 2009
Employee pple to do it for you and you can be an employer str8 up.
Re: How To Cut Chin-chin For Large Scale Production? by chukzng(m): 7:32am On Aug 05, 2010
Has anyone been able to get a machine that does this? Please share i really need one.
Re: How To Cut Chin-chin For Large Scale Production? by Angelmart(f): 5:46pm On Aug 05, 2010
I don't know the part of the country where you reside, I know that they have industrial Machine that cut for the commercial seller in the Eastern part of the country, Umuahia Abia State pricisly. am still trying to find out if the have any in Lagos but have not seen any. Pls am interest to know if any in Lagos State.
Re: How To Cut Chin-chin For Large Scale Production? by Shakiroh2: 7:59pm On Jun 20, 2012
there's this company call desopas they are selling maching that is cutting in large quantity or u can rent also.

(0) (Reply)

Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name? / Gold Spot, Parle Soda, And Limca: What Happened To Them? / Sachet Of Pure Water Now N20!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.