Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,690 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut (58750 Views)

See The Prize Of Chin Chin In A Restaurant In Lekki (photo) / How To Prepare Sardine Or A Fanciful Doughnut / How To Make Soft Chin-chin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by Kaffy8910(f): 10:33am On Aug 13, 2014
I want to start selling chinchin, egg roll and doughnut. I did the chinch in but it was so rich and crunchy but there was no gain, so someone told me I don't have to use milk and egg that 1kg flour to 250g margarine, 200g sugar, 2tsp of nutmeg and water.
I have recipes for egg roll and doughnut but they didn't come out good, the egg roll was floating while frying, so one side was getting brown while the other couldn't sit in the oil. the doughnut was hard. pls help me with the recipes and procedure.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by Ewizard(m): 11:07am On Aug 13, 2014
I think u nid to get som1 who's bin doin dat business to tutor u physically...

1 Like

Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by ibizgirl(f): 11:24am On Aug 13, 2014
If your chin chin is too rich you have to change your packaging/size. When I used to supply N50 chin chin, I don't seal until I have filled all the nylons. If I see my profit did not come out then I reduce the quantity.
Don't compromise on quality. People are tired of the poor quality chin chin that is readily available.
Sales might be slow but with time It will pick up.
Have you seen the chin recipe on my blog?

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by Kaffy8910(f): 4:09pm On Aug 13, 2014
Even with the fact that's it rich they are still complaining that I should add more. I haven't seen your blog, how do I view your blog?
Pls I need recipe and procedure for doughnut and egg roll also.
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by ibizgirl(f): 5:47pm On Aug 13, 2014
http://auntysazzy..nl/2013/09/home-made-doughnut-recipe.html?m=1

Kaffy8910: Even with the fact that's it rich they are still complaining that I should add more. I haven't seen your blog, how do I view your blog?
Pls I need recipe and procedure for doughnut and egg roll also.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by breadplanets(f): 9:28pm On Aug 17, 2014
Op there is nothing wrong with your eggroll floating. If it doesnt float it just soaks up oil. Unless you dont like the taste. Just try to turn it as much as u can. Doesnt matter if one side is lighter than d rest as long as its cooked thru. For the chinchin try this recipe. 1kg flour, 1tsp nutmeg, 200g sugar, 4tbsp milk flavour, 1tbsp powdered vanilla flavour, 250gbutter, 1tsp salt, enough water to make a stiff dough. The harder the dough d crunchier the chinchin. Forget about trying to make topend chinchin n then selling for N50 no body will appreciate dat. No be nigeria we dey again? Reserve those ones for when you start making in big packs. For the donut hope you like the one ibizgirl showed you

1 Like

Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by adedex1: 5:38am On Aug 18, 2014
Please help!

How can one make chin chin dat has smooth body like d one commonly sold. I tried a lot of methods but never achieved it.
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by mamachops(f): 1:20pm On Aug 18, 2014
adedex1: Please help!

How can one make chin chin dat has smooth body like d one commonly sold. I tried a lot of methods but never achieved it.

just knead very well until slightly pliable.... then cut it well too...
make sure u hav a stiff dough.....
I use 250g margarine for 2kg flour, plus I add baking powder....it comes out ricg, yummy, soft and crunchy
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by Pavore9: 7:09am On Aug 19, 2014
l want to prepare chin-chin for personal consumption, will a litre of freshmilk be too much for 1kg of flour?
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by ibizgirl(f): 5:58pm On Aug 19, 2014
1 litre of milk is much for 1 kg. Try
Ingredients:
Sugar.        500g
Butter/margarine  . 250g
Nutmeg                     1 nut (grated)
Flour.                         1.5kg
Water.                        1cup
Eggs.                          3eggs
Milk.                          1 tin

Pavore9: l want to prepare chin-chin for personal consumption, will a litre of freshmilk be too much for 1kg of flour?
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by breadplanets(f): 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2014
Pavore9: l want to prepare chin-chin for personal consumption, will a litre of freshmilk be too much for 1kg of flour?
a litre is a little over 4cups so one litre would be too much. You dont need more than 2cups liquid for 1kg flour. And dat includes eggs and co.
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by Pavore9: 7:04pm On Aug 19, 2014
breadplanets: a litre is a little over 4cups so one litre would be too much. You dont need more than 2cups liquid for 1kg flour. And dat includes eggs and co.
ok l will reduce it, hope it comes out nice.
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by Pavore9: 7:16pm On Aug 19, 2014
@ibizgirl, thanks. with all you listed l think l can pick them all at the supermarket with N1000. Hope 250cl of freshmilk will serve as l can get that for N30 here in Nairobi. Can't wait to see d faces of my friends when l serve them this weekend!
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by ibizgirl(f): 9:11am On Aug 20, 2014
Yeah chinchin is actually cheap, it's the cutting of the chinchin that's the wahala. Have a great weekend.

Pavore9: @ibizgirl, thanks. with all you listed l think l can pick them all at the supermarket with N1000. Hope 250cl of freshmilk will serve as l can get that for N30 here in Nairobi. Can't wait to see d faces of my friends when l serve them this weekend!
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 21, 2014
Pls, how much can I charge for 1.5kg chin-chin?Thanks.
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by ibizgirl(f): 8:52am On Aug 22, 2014
My dear what I do is to add up the cost and multiply by 2.

debolly: Pls, how much can I charge for 1.5kg chin-chin?Thanks.
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 22, 2014
ibizgirl: My dear what I do is to add up the cost and multiply by 2.

Thanks»ma
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by WinningEdge: 5:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
Egg roll
Ingredients
*flour :1 cup
*sugar:1 teaspoon[depends on how you want it sweet but it isnt meant to be so sweet}
*salt: a pinch
*Margarine: 1 tablespoon [too much margarine makes it soggy}
*Vegetable oil: a bottle of oil [Egg roll needs is prepared by deep frying}
*baking powder: quarter of a teaspoon
*Water
* Boiled egg

METHOD
1.Sieve your flour.Add butter and mix together with your hand.
2.Add salt,sugar,baking powder.Mix together
3.Add water a little at a time.[NOTE : THE DOUGH SHOULD BE THICK]Add enough water to bind together the ingredients and pliable.i.e workable
4. Knead for 2 minutes till the surface appears neat
5. cut little dough stretch it and wrap round the egg and smoothen with your hand
6.Then fry in your hot vegetable oil

NOTE:This makes between 2 to 3 egg roll

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by Kaffy8910(f): 9:46pm On Aug 24, 2014
WinningEdge: Egg roll
Ingredients
*flour :1 cup
*sugar:1 teaspoon[depends on how you want it sweet but it isnt meant to be so sweet}
*salt: a pinch
*Margarine: 1 tablespoon [too much margarine makes it soggy}
*Vegetable oil: a bottle of oil [Egg roll needs is prepared by deep frying}
*baking powder: quarter of a teaspoon
*Water
* Boiled egg

METHOD
1.Sieve your flour.Add butter and mix together with your hand.
2.Add salt,sugar,baking powder.Mix together
3.Add water a little at a time.[NOTE : THE DOUGH SHOULD BE THICK]Add enough water to bind together the ingredients and pliable.i.e workable
4. Knead for 2 minutes till the surface appears neat
5. cut little dough stretch it and wrap round the egg and smoothen with your hand
6.Then fry in your hot vegetable oil

NOTE:This makes between 2 to 3 egg roll
can I use yeast in place of baking powder?
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by Kaffy8910(f): 9:50pm On Aug 24, 2014
Thanks to everyone. I am really grateful.
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by slim1739: 8:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
i used a friends I.D(winning edge) mistakenly.
no.u cant use yeast
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by Pavore9: 7:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
what of the preparation for doughnut? l bought a kilo of self-raising flour and on its pack it reads: best for cupcakes, biscuits, scones and doughnuts, l guess l will not be needing yeast/baking powder any more. Am l right with this assumption?
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by ibizgirl(f): 8:56pm On Aug 26, 2014
With self raising flour, you don't need any baking powder or yeast.

Pavore9: what of the preparation for doughnut? l bought a kilo of self-raising flour and on its pack it reads: best for cupcakes, biscuits, scones and doughnuts, l guess l will not be needing yeast/baking powder any more. Am l right with this assumption?
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by Pavore9: 9:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
ibizgirl: With self raising flour, you don't need any baking powder or yeast.

Thanks, it saves me from buying either of them. so what l will be needing for the doughnut wil be eggs, sugar, butter, milk, is there anything else?
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by ibizgirl(f): 10:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
There are 2 types of doughnuts, for the doughnuts that are ring like
http://auntysazzy..com/2013/09/home-made-doughnut-recipe.html?m=1
For doughnuts that have jam in the center
http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/articles/how-to-make-jam-doughnuts

Pavore9: Thanks, it saves me from buying either of them. so what l will be needing for the doughnut wil be eggs, sugar, butter, milk, is there anything else?
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by Pavore9: 11:02pm On Aug 26, 2014
l will stick to the ring like as l am tired of jams!
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by Kaffy8910(f): 4:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
@ibizgirl, you've really helped. a cup is equivalent to how grams? If I want to do 250grams of flour, how many grams of sugar will be required?
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by ibizgirl(f): 4:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
What do you want to make chin-chin or doughnuts.

Kaffy8910: @ibizgirl, you've really helped. a cup is equivalent to how grams? If I want to do 250grams of flour, how many grams of sugar will be required?

1 Like

Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
I just made these doughnuts & everybody in my house wants more.
Recipe:
1 cup warm milk
1 egg
1tsp salt
2 tsp yeast
1/2 cup sugar
3 - 3 1/2 cups flour
Butter 50g

Place the milk in a mixer, add egg, salt, sugar and yeast
Start mixing and adding the flour a little a tym
When the dough is formed, knead for 20 min and then add the butter and knead for 10 min
Place the dough in an oiled bowl and leave to rise for 1 hr ir until it doubles in size

When doubled, turn over on a lightly floured surface and just gather the edges to forn a circle. NO KNEADING.
Flatten out using a rolling pin and cut using doughnut cutter.
Place on a floured tray
Place oil on the stove and fry 3 mins on each side.

Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by Kaffy8910(f): 12:18am On Aug 30, 2014
I want to make doughnut. can I get recipe for egg roll?
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by ibizgirl(f): 12:25am On Aug 30, 2014
To make doughnuts with 250g of flour you will need about 3 tablespoons of sugar.

Don't know how to make egg roll.

Kaffy8910: I want to make doughnut. can I get recipe for egg roll?
Re: How To Make Eggroll, Chin-chin And Doughnut by Kaffy8910(f): 8:49pm On Aug 30, 2014
@ibizgirl,winning edge and others that have contribute, thanks a lot.
@winning edge, I used your recipe and it came out fine but it didn't rise, it was very small compared to what I see around.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bush Meat, Pythons Being Sold Along Kubwa Expressway Abuja (Photos) / 9 Pictures Of Fried Rice That Will Make You Divorce Jollof / The Food I Bought For 2900. Pics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.