Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,113 members, 7,818,319 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts (41111 Views)

”I Started My Business With N5,000, I Now Have 5 Bedroom Mansion In Lagos"- Lady / Currency-in-circulation Drops To N1.769 Trillion / 10-Year-Old Barber Who Makes At Least N5,000 Daily (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 28, 2016
That kind of thing either causes entitlement mentality to the valet or makes thing over-priced for everyone... instead of you paying N7000 for a N1000 service, the valet should be the one that should look for how he can offer a N8000 service you at N7000 to you....

It is just like saying instead of your employees working for 8 hours a day, you are allowing them to work for only 3 hours a day...

saintfizzo:
We got different attitudes for different personalties... when I become a Billionaire cheesy i'll give 7k instead of 5k with a big understanding smile to #Motivate the valet to #DreamBig of days he also will become like me.... motivating humanity tops my own priority than being shrewd in unnecessary situations.... nuff respect to Dangote tho wink
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by Toks2008(m): 1:52pm On Jan 28, 2016
Blackops:
A friend of mine was pained for being ripped off of #400 for a fare which is just #80 after posting it on Facebook people were calling him a broke ass mugger for wailing I looked at them nd just shook my head.

Like the day a thread of mine made front page:https://www.nairaland.com/2847139/when-babe-shuns-decent-mama

People called me different names like "broke guy" and so on and then i remembered that many of our youths today are yahoo boys or fraudsters who have no clue of making legitimate income.

If i become a billionaire today, i will never waste 1k on what i should pay N100 for.NEVER

This has nothing to do with enjoying one's life because apparently you can't buy a drink in a hotel and expect to pay the regular price but some people are fond of showing off and dangote just showed that he is a business man and not an extravagant man.

2 Likes

Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 28, 2016
You are so on point! It is the same with me... why would I pay N1000 for a N100? Just to show off? Naaa...

Toks2008:

Like the day a thread of mine made front page:https://www.nairaland.com/2847139/when-babe-shuns-decent-mama

People called me different names like "broke guy" and so on and then i remembered that many of our youths today are yahoo boys or fraudsters who have no clue of making legitimate income.

If i become a billionaire today, i will never waste 1k on what i should pay N100 for.NEVER

This has nothing to do with enjoying one's life because apparently you can't buy a drink in a hotel and expect to pay the regular price but some people are fond of showing off and dangote just showed that he is a business man and not an extravagant man.
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by jaybee3(m): 2:00pm On Jan 28, 2016
Toks2008:

Isn't it ironic that the same dangote will probably have watches that cost in the excess of £20K when he is meant to be frugal according to some arguments on this thread

The stance with the valet was excessive and i'm pretty sure he was probably trying to show off or something.

Come to think of it sef, it's not out of place to assume he probably only had the 1K cash on him hence the reason why he had to haggle the price.
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by seaga: 2:05pm On Jan 28, 2016
saintfizzo:
We got different attitudes for different personalties... when I become a Billionaire cheesy i'll give 7k instead of 5k with a big understanding smile to #Motivate the valet to #DreamBig of days he also will become like me.... motivating humanity tops my own priority than being shrewd in unnecessary situations.... nuff respect to Dangote tho wink

With that way of thinking, you will never understand the principles of self made billionaire. Business is business ,charity is at the foundation.
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by seaga: 2:13pm On Jan 28, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:

Dangote knew his schedule and shouldnt be schooled on time and money.

Fiscal discipline trickles down to the most trivial in most rich people who worked hard to get to the top.

American Texan billionaire Henry Ross Perrot still has time to wait in a street barber's shop to cut his hair with ten dollar.

Imagine an ordinary person trying to school a Billionaire on time management.Some people are just unbelievable. That why everyone can't get to a particular point ...
Good response ayakaD
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 28, 2016
The issue is this - do they pay N5000 for 30 minutes of parking in that hotel? The answer is NO! And he knows the price range for parking from the different hotels that he has visited... it is like going to a restaurant that normally sells cocacola for N120 and because you are dressed well, the server wants to sell it for you at N600.

Seriously which hotel in Nigeria charges N5000 to park your car for 30 minutes - 1 hour when you are a customer? Name one hotel... please just name one!

And when Dangote is buying a gold watch or diamond watch he would still look for a good deal... not pay $20k for a $5k gold watch!

jaybee3:

Isn't it ironic that the same dangote will probably have watches that cost in the excess of £20K when he is meant to be frugal according to some arguments on this thread

The stance with the valet was excessive and i'm pretty sure he was probably trying to show off or something.

Come to think of it sef, it's not out of place to assume he probably only had the 1K cash on him hence the reason why he had to haggle the price.
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by jaybee3(m): 2:42pm On Jan 28, 2016
TeOwl:
The issue is this - do they pay N5000 for 30 minutes of parking in that hotel? The answer is NO! And he knows the price range for parking from the different hotels that he has visited... it is like going to a restaurant that normally sells cocacola for N120 and because you are dressed well, the server wants to sell it for you at N600.

When Dangote is buying a gold watch or diamond watch he would still look for a good deal... not pay $20k for a $5k gold watch!

No where in the report did they suggest the 5k was for 30 minutes parking. Besides, a dinner couldn't have been completed under 30 minutes so i'm pretty sure it was in the hours rather than minute.

That's besides the point though as i'm not really bothered about the pricing per say. I was more concerned about the fact that he is being portrayed as frugal when the specific example given to me suggests he was just playing to the gallery
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by jaybee3(m): 2:49pm On Jan 28, 2016
seaga:

Imagine an ordinary person trying to school a Billionaire on time management.Some people are just unbelievable. That why everyone can't get to a particular point ...
Good response ayakaD

What makes you think i'm an ordinary person?

Stop assuming things and calm your nerves down

Geez.. There are tons of billionaires in the world and surely they wouldn't all reason/act the same way as Dangote

Warren buffet has lived in the same house since God knows when but Bill Gates lives in one of the most expensive house in America as he values privacy and whatnot

Does that then make warren a better spender?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 28, 2016
I have never been to Eko Hotel in Victoria Island, so I don't know about parking fees there but I have been to Sheraton (both Abuja and Lagos ), seriously it is NOT N5000 to park your car even if you stay for more than 1 hour... the valet was trying to make more money from him...

If the hotel insists that it must be N5000 for parking, the valet would not have agreed for N1000... he just would not do it... it is just like if the hotel says one bottle of wine is N20,000, the servers would never reduce their price...

Just like some paid car parks in Lagos island, you pay and the amount you pay is on your ticket... the guys can't go below the price listed on the ticket.

And you say playing to the gallery... hmmm... it was just three men (Dangote, his friend and the valet)

jaybee3:

No where in the report did they suggest the 5k was for 30 minutes parking. Besides, a dinner couldn't have been completed under 30 minutes so i'm pretty sure it was in the hours rather than minute.

That's besides the point though as i'm not really bothered about the pricing per say. I was more concerned about the fact that he is being portrayed as frugal when the specific example given to me suggests he was just playing to the gallery
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by jaybee3(m): 2:59pm On Jan 28, 2016
TeOwl:

And you say playing to the gallery... hmmm... it was just three men (Dangote, his friend and the valet)

3 is a ..... ?
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by Aremu01(m): 3:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
Bit seriously, 5k for a parking space
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by ilevic(m): 3:22pm On Jan 28, 2016
Abegi wish kind nonsense business be that,that he can't let go of ordinary 4k for the poor boy? let's see where he will take all his investments when the day comes.

1 Like

Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
Chanchit:
Real business men no dey waste money anyhow.

You see? Imagine
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by noblegrex: 3:31pm On Jan 28, 2016
Aigbofa:
Very easy to do when they know you can afford to buy the whole hotel. A regular Joe will be rudely shown the way out.
yeah very true. But a regular Aigbofa would have been rudely and malhandily shown the way.ahahahaha
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by professore(m): 3:35pm On Jan 28, 2016
I think this is a nice thread to follow
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 28, 2016
noblegrex:
yeah very true. But a regular Aigbofa would have been rudely and malhandily shown the way.ahahahaha

Lolzzz.
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by saintfizzo(m): 3:40pm On Jan 28, 2016
Lukibaby:

that's not motivation you're only encouraging the valet to reap people off.

notes sir! Correction taken grin
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by saintfizzo(m): 3:45pm On Jan 28, 2016
LEGALAide:

My good friend, that kind of Profligacy doesn't motivate one to become rich.
It only feeds your sense of more expense.
Please read RICH DAD, POOR DAD by Robert Kiyosaki.
Thank me later.
thanx for the advice, I read the book alrdy... I meant the money as a tip for a younger dreamer, business will always be business... tips are meant to make dem smile
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by saintfizzo(m): 3:46pm On Jan 28, 2016
That's the idea bro..... their smiles make my day grin
hopefulLandlord:

True my man

I once negotiated the price for the repair of my shoe with an Aboki, I reduced it from 100 to 50

when he was done, I gave him 100 and told him to keep the change

he looked shocked and broke out the kind of smile you only see an Aboki smile to another Aboki and said "thank you"
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by saintfizzo(m): 3:48pm On Jan 28, 2016
seaga:

With that way of thinking, you will never understand the principles of self made billionaire. Business is business ,charity is at the foundation.
I cld treat the situation here as my charity ministry... doesn't have to be a branded NGO smiley
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by Kirinwa: 3:54pm On Jan 28, 2016
Aigbofa:
Very easy to do when they know you can afford to buy the whole hotel. A regular Joe will be rudely shown the way out.

Very true. Even the staff would have been kicked out if he dared tell Dangote off cos what he will spend in lodging, food and drinks, continual patronage and goodwill far exceeds the 5k.

Do you know how many would turn up just to listen to Africa's legend?
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by kenoz(m): 3:59pm On Jan 28, 2016
Okay
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by AyakaDunukofia: 6:06pm On Jan 28, 2016
jaybee3:

Geez.. There are tons of billionaires in the world and surely they wouldn't all reason/act the same way as Dangote

Warren buffet has lived in the same house since God knows when but Bill Gates lives in one of the most expensive house in America as he values privacy and whatnot

That someone set out to fleece you with the mind set that you had plenty and won't bother is different from you wanting to spend as much as you plan. Why is this difficult to understand?
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by Abidex35(m): 6:09pm On Jan 28, 2016
macklef:

Afeelya. Thats a way to think. He should negotiate better with his personal purchase in millions.
If he bargains sometin of 300mill for 290mil he saved 10mill. Thats significant
Not bargaining 5k for 1k n saving 4k just because its a common man.
Then he will use that 4k+40k to buy wine dat he will drink n not finish.
Pftttttttt

A wiser 'park guy' wouldn't overprice the parking fees just because the customer is an extremely rich one like dangote. if he was indeed wise, he would have just take some minutes after dangote parked the car and went in to 'think outside d box' of what value he could add to dangote's car while being parked that could grab his attention when he's back to move away.....

This little value delivered by him to dangote could even make dangote appreciate him with a better cash than 5k and even gain him a little connection (= what we call networking) with him even if dangote was not able to reward in cash......its just about thinking outside d box and packaging himself to a likeable person..... a normal him could overprice it, but a wiser him will rather deliver value that can fetch him cash or kind/connection from Dangote.

I applaud that.........

and for the guy saying giving him 7k will make him wanna be like dangote.....I disagree with u......thinking to be like dangote has to do with d park man's personality, and I don't think someone who overpriced a parking fee at the sight of a rich man has that kind of personality.
If he wants that kind of money, he would deliver a value to have such and not looking out for opportunities milk a rich man to have such.
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by AyakaDunukofia: 6:12pm On Jan 28, 2016
Double post
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by kenex4ever(m): 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
Scatterscatter:
Now that's a role model!!!
words of a stingy fellow
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by tonyx4x44(m): 6:34pm On Jan 28, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

True my man

I once negotiated the price for the repair of my shoe with an Aboki, I reduced it from 100 to 50

when he was done, I gave him 100 and told him to keep the change

he looked shocked and broke out the kind of smile you only see an Aboki smile to another Aboki and said "thank you"

same situation here bro

I haggled the price of bike fare from 150 to 70 naira, gave him 120 when we got there, he was shocked but happy.

nobody likes being cheated; billionaires and low men alike (the exceptions are yahoo boys, armed robbers and the likes)
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by tonyx4x44(m): 6:39pm On Jan 28, 2016
macklef:

So what really is ur point? Im not supporting d niggar dat overpriced dangote.
Celebritys pay higher for services anywhere, d thing is, held rather have paid more to a richer
Person dan pay more to a poorer person. That was d mentality he displayed.
Even if he gives out that 4k Ten times dat day me n u no it hasnt drawn nada. Dey are just stingy jareh. No need to defend dem cos dey are public figure, dey bliv everyone shoukd b like dem.

most poor men think money should be taken from the rich men and given to them free of charge, and that its their god given right (this group of poor men stay bro)

Others believe that by creating value they will gain wealth (these group have a chance of escaping poverty)

being a celebrity and being a businessman (one with good money and resource management skills) are two different ball games
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by seaga: 9:36pm On Jan 28, 2016
jaybee3:

The two you mentioned are still modest, they would do the same in that instance.Read their books you would understand their stringent policy when it comes to expenditures. It's one of them that said the secret of one million. ..is one dollar in a million places
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by electrat: 11:32pm On Jan 28, 2016
macklef:
That is not bargaining, that is GREED or WICKEDNESS or STINGYNESS
Those yatch n those gold plated houses he is building n buying in millions
How many did he price to 1thousand naira? Saw one hungry niccur
And decided his money shouldnt be wasted on him. Pftttttttt!!!!!

Your so dumb.
Re: Day Dangote Bargained EkoHotel Carpark Fee From N5,000 To N1,000-Friend Recounts by Scatterscatter(m): 11:34pm On Jan 28, 2016
kenex4ever:
words of a stingy fellow
Reply of a prodigal fellow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The High Value Of The Naira In The Eighties (Picture Proof) / Fraud, Perjury, & Insider Trading At Flutterwave - David Hundeyin / Meram Indimi Reveals Struggle With Depression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.