Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Evidence For The Existence Of Satan (or The Devil) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evidence For The Existence Of Satan (or The Devil) (834 Views)

Who Sinned First, Satan Or Adam ? / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / The Evidence For The Deity Of Christ. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evidence For The Existence Of Satan (or The Devil) by huxley2(m): 9:57am On Jun 28, 2009
Christian apologist have used all manner of arguments to justify the existence of their god. Arguments such as 1) the ontological argument 2) Teleological arguments, 3) First Cause arguments, 4) Arguments from Design and the anthropic principle, etc, etc, etc.

Could these same arguments be used to argue for the existence of the antithesis of God, that is, Satan? What is the evidence that Satan or the Devil exists?
Re: Evidence For The Existence Of Satan (or The Devil) by Tudor6(f): 12:24pm On Jun 28, 2009
Using what we usually see from christians on NL this is their evidence Rev. 12: 7- 9
7.Now war arose in heaven, Micheal and his angels fighting against the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8. but they were defeated and there was no longer any place for them in heaven 9. And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world - he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels down with him.[/b]
This counts as evidence in the twisted world of jesus and his deceived followers.
Re: Evidence For The Existence Of Satan (or The Devil) by Image123(m): 12:40pm On Jun 28, 2009
@posters
the devil is not the antithesis of God. You are a living proof of the existence and 'busyness' of the devil.
Re: Evidence For The Existence Of Satan (or The Devil) by wisedge: 12:43pm On Jun 28, 2009
The existence of Huxley, Tudor and other agents of darkness are enough evidence that satan exists and operates through human beings knowingly and unknowingly.
Re: Evidence For The Existence Of Satan (or The Devil) by Tudor6(f): 1:15pm On Jun 28, 2009
Shame! The only evidence you can give for the existence of the 'devil' is to call me devil.
How lazy is that?
Re: Evidence For The Existence Of Satan (or The Devil) by bindex(m): 2:52pm On Jun 28, 2009
I just don't understand why satan is invisible grin grin. Christians say that god is invisible because he wants people to believe in him out of their own freewill. But what about satan? Is he invisible because people have to believe in him out of their own free will too? grin
Re: Evidence For The Existence Of Satan (or The Devil) by Tudor6(f): 4:26pm On Jun 28, 2009
I wonder
Re: Evidence For The Existence Of Satan (or The Devil) by toneyb: 5:21pm On Jun 28, 2009
bindex:

I just don't understand why satan is invisible grin grin. Christians say that god is invisible because he wants people to believe in him out of their own freewill. But what about satan? Is he invisible because people have to believe in him out of their own free will too? grin

How can the belief survive if satan and god are both visible? of course they need to be invisible. They are both invisible because they exist only in the imaginations of those that believe in them and what to use them or turn them into what ever they want them to be.
Re: Evidence For The Existence Of Satan (or The Devil) by divineson: 2:48pm On Jun 30, 2009
The devil can use anyone dat allows him into his body
Re: Evidence For The Existence Of Satan (or The Devil) by Tudor6(f): 3:02pm On Jun 30, 2009
How?
Re: Evidence For The Existence Of Satan (or The Devil) by divineson: 3:16pm On Jun 30, 2009
If u look at the world today, theres nothin to write about, in term of obedient to God,the human heart is continually thinkin of evil such as, sexual immmorality, 419,idolatry,robbery, prostitution,, the devil is always on the move in their heart every time, so also the commandment of Almighty God is progammed in mans heart, but choose out of ur freewill, because devil himself has never change tactics, but resist the devil and he will flee from you
Re: Evidence For The Existence Of Satan (or The Devil) by jagunlabi(m): 3:17pm On Jun 30, 2009
The first question that came to my mind when i was a kid just getting into this christian fairy tale doctrine was, "How can war break out in a place like heaven where there is supposed be only goodness?"
Nobody has ever been able to answer that till date.
-HOW CAN THERE BE WAR IN HEAVEN?
-WHAT BUG COULD HAVE GOT INTO LUCIFER TO MAKE HIM TURN ON HIS BOSS,GOD?
-WHERE DIDI THE BUG COME FROM?
-HOW DID THE BUG ENTER INTO HEAVEN?
-CAN WAR BREAK OUT IN HEAVEN AGAIN?
-IF WAR CAN BREAK OUT IN HEAVEN THEN DOES THAT MEAN IT IS A PLACE SUSCEPTIBLE TO EVIL,HENCE IT IS NOT PERFECT?

Ofcourse i have since discovered the sumerian "ENUMA ELISH" and the EPIC OF GILGAMESH from where the whole tale was lifted,so the questions have long become redundant. wink
Tudór:

Using what we usually see from christians on NL this is their evidence Rev. 12: 7- 9This counts as evidence in the twisted world of jesus and his deceived followers.

7.Now war arose in heaven, Micheal and his angels fighting against the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8. but they were defeated and there was no longer any place for them in heaven 9. And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world - he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels down with him.
Re: Evidence For The Existence Of Satan (or The Devil) by jagunlabi(m): 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2009
In the bible OT,the events that unfolded were nothing to write home about either,and the humans at that time were killing,maiming,raping,pillaging one another in OBEDIENCE to the "almighty"god.This means,ofcourse,that this god does not mind the evil such as,sexual immmorality, 419,idolatry,robbery, prostitution.So why blame the devil who never instigated any such vile acts in the bible?
You really need to look for more valid reasons for the present situation of mankind.
divineson:

If u look at the world today, theres nothin to write about, in term of obedient to God,the human heart is continually thinkin of evil such as, sexual immmorality, 419,idolatry,robbery, prostitution,, the devil is always on the move in their heart every time, so also the commandment of Almighty God is progammed in mans heart, but choose out of ur freewill, because devil himself has never change tactics, but resist the devil and he will flee from you
Re: Evidence For The Existence Of Satan (or The Devil) by divineson: 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2009
Thru our first parent, sin enter us, then thru christ we are redeemed, i mean only thru jesus christ, Let me make one thing clear to u, if u are a believer u accepted jesus christ u do commmit any sin, u don't near alcohol and u dont have faith in God nothin will work out , because God do try our faith.and i think that b4 d federal Govt built the nation Prison, they know already that,there will be breakers of law, so u should trace the source of mankind situation. grin grin grin

So you really need to look for more valid reasons for the present situation of mankind
Re: Evidence For The Existence Of Satan (or The Devil) by jagunlabi(m): 3:38pm On Jun 30, 2009
Goodness!You are such a child,such a baby,if you believe what you wrote.And you leaving this world still in your diapers is getting more and more probable by the day.You better grow up.
divineson:

Thru our first parent, sin enter us, then thru christ we are redeemed, i mean only thru jesus christ, Let me make one thing clear to u, if u are a believer u accepted jesus christ u do commmit any sin, u don't near alcohol and u dont have faith in God nothin will work out , because God do try our faith.and i think that b4 d federal Govt built the nation Prison, they know already that,there will be breakers of law, so u should trace the source of mankind situation. grin grin grin
So you really need to look for more valid reasons for the present situation of mankind
Re: Evidence For The Existence Of Satan (or The Devil) by bindex(m): 2:33am On Jul 01, 2009
divineson:

Who are your first parents? The mythical Adam and Eve that were deceived to eat from the tree of knowledge? grin Do you know that the entire tale was plagiarized from the persians and put into your bible? I don't have faith in your god and most things have been working out for me.
Re: Evidence For The Existence Of Satan (or The Devil) by Tudor6(f): 8:49am On Jul 01, 2009
Yeah, me too. And am living a joyful and peaceful life. . . grin
Re: Evidence For The Existence Of Satan (or The Devil) by Tudor6(f): 8:51am On Jul 01, 2009
Hey bindex,do you know where i can get the original story plagiarised by the deluded moses?
I'd love to read more.
Re: Evidence For The Existence Of Satan (or The Devil) by toneyb: 10:55am On Jul 01, 2009
Tudór:

Hey bindex,do you know where i can get the original story plagiarised by the deluded moses?
I'd love to read more.

I have watched a documentary about it  where a guy went looking for the garden on eden, the documentary is tittled the real garden of eden if I am not mistaken and his search took him to Iran where the story originated from and he showed some evidence cravings that were engraved on walls and on stones that showed that the people had their own very similar story of their god putting a man and a woman in a garden before the jews had theirs.

Adam and Eve (and Babel): late additions to the Old Testament
By neilgodfrey

Margaret Barker writes in “The Older Testament” that “the Adam and Eve myth in its present form is not integral to the Old Testament. It has all the signs of being a late addition” (p.23). Thus:
Adam, Eve, and the (female) serpent at the ent,

* The story is isolated. Not a single prophet, psalm or narrator makes any reference to this story of their creation and Fall (von Rad)
    * Later biblical narratives stress the value of atonement. Sin is a matter of momentary transgressions of the Law. It is as if the narrative of the Fall, and its messages for the nature of mankind and sin, are unknown to the rest of the OT. (Eichrodt)

I have been partial to the argument that the Jewish Scriptures as we have them originated from Persian times (albeit our version of course dates from the Massoretic text post 70 c.e.). I suspect many of the pre-Abraham stories were scarcely matters of interest or knowledge among the various scribal schools of the province of Jehud. http://vridar./2009/06/28/adam-and-eve-and-babel-late-additions-to-the-old-testament/

Noah's flood and the tower of babel myth were also copied from earlier civilizations who had similar stories.
Re: Evidence For The Existence Of Satan (or The Devil) by Tudor6(f): 11:11am On Jul 01, 2009
Thanks man. I hope the blind christian apologists see this. wink

(1) (Reply)

Choose Between Money and Heaven / Cost Or Gain? / Dr Sign Fireman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.