Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? (3635 Views)

Are Pastors Thieves Without Guns? / Are Pastors Exempted From Paying Tithe? / Are Pastors Soppose To Be Saint?and Be Good To Widows? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 1:14pm On Jun 28, 2009
I have looked round and carried out my investigations,i now discovered that the reason we have churches all over the whole place,fighting and brainwashing members into forcefully paying tithe and also introducing all sort of offerings with their peculiar rebranded names is because most jobless men take being a pastor as an alternative. Are pastors not soppose to work? Like in RCCG,their pastors works, why cant the other pastors work too,any body that graduated from school after jobless for sometime will now take pastoring as the next option. Are pastors not soppose to work?
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by Tudor6(f): 3:15pm On Jun 28, 2009
Most pastors are extremely lazy men who lie that they've been ''called'' by the white jew in the clouds, so they can legitimately milk poor people of their hard earned money in the name of jesus.

Funny enough you never see them send the money to jesus rather they use it to perm their hair,wear expensive suits, buy luxury jeeps and private jets.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by PastorAIO: 4:20pm On Jun 28, 2009
Now, in every market there must be supply and demand. What interests me is why there is such a high demand for Pastors in Nigeria yet very little demand for the skills of a University graduate.

Is the present situation, with a church on every street corner, not an indictment of the Nigerian public? Where does this intense and colossal need for pastors and churches come from. What is the internal emotional state of the Nigerian public.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 5:41pm On Jun 28, 2009
How do you mean sir?
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by PastorAIO: 6:43pm On Jun 28, 2009
I mean that there would not be soo many churches in Nigeria if there was not a need for so many churches. What is the source of this need? What is it about the state of the average nigerian mind that allows all these churches and pastors to thrive where university qualified professionals cannot thrive.

Why does our need for pastors outweigh our need for engineers? With our infrastructures in such disrepair you would think that engineers would be in higher demand.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by slimfine(f): 7:17pm On Jun 28, 2009
yes
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 9:33pm On Jun 28, 2009
Pastor AI,i got your point,you are indeed correct
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 6:17pm On Jun 29, 2009
In most of these churches moral values are not preached. You will see the ladies dressed almost naked,paint their faces assive they are going for a beauty context, and still the pastors can not preach to condem these for fear of losing his members.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by ogajim(m): 6:10pm On Jun 30, 2009
When you have a lot of looters, you equally need a lot of "pastors" to try to get a share of the loot and please don't bring Jesus Christ into this mess. Heard from a friend last month that his cousin who couldn't find a job for years after graduating is now a "pastor" go figure!
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 9:53am On Jul 01, 2009
Yes that is what is happening,for job seekers going into pastoring. Thats why they allow any form of dressing to their church.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by Tudor6(f): 11:00am On Jul 01, 2009
Whats wrong with allowing people to dress how they like in church?
Does god look at your dressing?
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by seyenko(m): 11:30am On Jul 01, 2009
2 thes3:6-9
But we command you brethren in the name of our Lord Jesus,tht you withdraw from every brotherwho walks dishhonestly and not according to tradition,which he reeived from us.For you yourself know how you ought to follow us,for we were not disorderly among you,nor did we eat anyone's bread free of charge but worked with labour day and night that we might not be a burden to any of you.
Not because we do not have authourity,but to make ourselves an example of how you should follow us.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by JJYOU: 1:18pm On Jul 01, 2009
Tudór:

Whats wrong with allowing people to dress how they like in church?
Does god look at your dressing?
a man of your mindset will like nude women going into churches.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by Tudor6(f): 3:45pm On Jul 01, 2009
You must be a sick man!
Whats wrong in going naked to church if it was in your culture/tradition?
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by ogajim(m): 4:06pm On Jul 01, 2009
Tudór:

You must be a sick man!
Whats wrong in going naked to church if it was in your culture/tradition?

Is that how they fellowship in Seychelles? Thank God we don't because there are lots of folks I would much rather pay not to see naked.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 5:23pm On Jul 01, 2009
I want to agree with seyenko and also modesty in dressing count alot
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by Mowire: 5:44pm On Jul 01, 2009
segyemaro:

Pastor AI,i got your point,you are indeed correct

Pastor has not made his yet!

@Pastor, please go on with your reasoning (which I'm convinced is valid).

Pastor AIO:

What is it about the state of the average nigerian mind that allows all these churches and pastors to thrive where university qualified professionals cannot thrive.

Now there lies the issue.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 6:13am On Jul 02, 2009
Hmmm
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 9:16pm On Jul 02, 2009
This is why we have so many of the so called pastors at garrages and motor parks,try to work on passengers that are scared of travelling and collecting money in whatever name they choose to call it.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by Tudor6(f): 9:22pm On Jul 02, 2009
Because people especially christians, are so scared of death and they fear ''oh if i don't give the pastor money to appease god, accident will occur''
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 6:25am On Jul 03, 2009
Tudor,a are you sure?
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by Tudor6(f): 7:50am On Jul 03, 2009
Why don't you take a poll.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 10:34am On Jul 03, 2009
Tudor,you can initiate the poll
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by jagunlabi(m): 12:43pm On Jul 03, 2009
Pastorship is work.It is already a profession,a high paying one at that.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by PastorAIO: 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2009
I don't believe that in a forum full of knowledgeable Nigerians no one can make even one suggestion as to why Pastoring and Churching should flourish so immensely in Nigeria while a graduate civil engineer cannot get a job. And this in a country that is in desperate need of fixing it's infrastructure.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by jagunlabi(m): 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2009
Come on,your pastorship!The answer is not that hard to figure out.Inside a superstitious mind,religions will always flourish,hence the chance for pastorship to grow faster than a bullet leaves a muzzle,and they don't come as superstitious as the typical nigerian minds.It has always been so,and it will always be so. We've never been technically minded and we never will be,too.
A thorough study of the nigerian people's cultural history reveals that things are exactly as they are supposed to be,meaning buried in religious zealotry.Anything other than that would have been simply astonishing.
civil engineers to Fix our crumbling infrastructures you ask?Leave that to the oyinbo people,bro,while we continue to stick our collective heads in religious superstitious clouds of delusion!Haven't we been doing that all this time?Abeg,forget matter.The white people knew us more than we know ourselves and that was why they were able to saddle us with mind chains that we will never be free of.
Pastor AIO:

I don't believe that in a forum full of knowledgeable Nigerians no one can make even one suggestion as to why Pastoring and Churching should flourish so immensely in Nigeria while a graduate civil engineer cannot get a job. And this in a country that is in desperate need of fixing it's infrastructure.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by PastorAIO: 4:44pm On Jul 03, 2009
jagunlabi:

Come on,your pastorship!The answer is not that hard to figure out.Inside a superstitious mind,religions will always flourish,hence the chance for pastorship to grow faster than a bullet leaves a muzzle,and they don't come as superstitious as the typical nigerian minds.It has always been so,and it will always be so. We've never been technically minded and we never will be,too.
A thorough study of the nigerian people's cultural history reveals that things are exactly as they are supposed to be,meaning buried in religious zealotry.Anything other than that would have been simply astonishing.
civil engineers to Fix our crumbling infrastructures you ask?Leave that to the oyinbo people,bro,while we continue to stick our collective heads in religious superstitious clouds of delusion!Haven't we been doing that all this time?Abeg,forget matter.The white people knew us more than we know ourselves and that was why they were able to saddle us with mind chains that we will never be free of.

Are you saying that our need for religion is congenital?

What about all the nigerian civil engineers contributing to economies outside of nigeria, in Britain europe, middle east etc? I can conclude from that that it is not that we are incapable of doing engineering. It's just that our societies do not support such constructive endeavours.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by jagunlabi(m): 5:02pm On Jul 03, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Are you saying that our need for religion is congenital?
Whether it is congenital or not is open to debate,and i think that it is something that needs to be fully investigated.That thing in us that makes us so open to superstition need to be researched thoroughly by secular nigerian/african scholars(if we do have any).But personally,i don't think it is congenital.I am a living proof of that.Must be something in our culture and tradition that makes us susceptible to superstition and resistant to technical innovations and scientific curiousity that leads to hunger for knowledge of the environment we live in.

Pastor AIO:

What about all the nigerian civil engineers contributing to economies outside of nigeria, in Britain europe, middle east etc? I can conclude from that that it is not that we are incapable of doing engineering. It's just that our societies do not support such constructive endeavours.
I concur with your conclusion.Which the tantatlizing question,"How did we end up with such societies in the first place?" What is it about us that allow such societies to flourish?These are questions for scholars to solve.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 12:58pm On Jul 05, 2009
I hear you
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by PastorAIO: 1:55pm On Jul 05, 2009
Perhaps a related question would be 'Why do Africans give so much deference to Authority?'. This is true whether it is to the authority of Elders, or the authority of office. Is it possible for African to ever have a revolution? Or has the ability to challenge authority been thoroughly beaten out of us by the time we are 5 years old.

I remember going to dinner with an oyinbo friend and my dad and my friend was shocked that I never stood up to my Dad or even properly expressed my feelings to him. He then went and told some of my other friends about the evening. All my 9ja friends just laughed and said that they understood where I was coming from.

When the early European explorers described the AFrican psyche as child like were they just being racist or were they making a valid observation. The 'Yes sir' mentality. Or as Fela put it, the 'Meee sir' mentality.

Them go say meeeee sir
meee meee meee like goat
Them go say meeeee sir.
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by segyemaro(m): 3:11pm On Jul 05, 2009
Ok ooo but i did not accept that jagunlabi
Re: Are Pastors Not Soppose To Work? by folami86: 4:29am On Jul 06, 2009
at poster

Your answer is in 1 Timothy 5: 17-18 and 1 Corinthians 9:14. If the church can't pay the pastor then let him find a job

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jesoul Can A Brother Get Frontpage With This Here Important News / Boko Haram Kill Children Of Ex-Boko Haram Member For Converting To Christianity / Happy Birthday To You My Mentor,as We Celebrate Your 50th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.