Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,036 members, 7,814,536 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? (3275 Views)

Exodus 20: Honor–summarizing The 10 Commandments / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / Stories Behind Great Hymns.... .pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by donnie(m): 12:42pm On Aug 21, 2019
WHAT DID THE SAVIOR SAY ABOUT THE COMMANDMENTS? DID HE (YAHUSHA HAMASHIACH) CONTRADICT MOSES? DID HE DO AWAY WITH THE LAW OF COMMANDMENTS... EG. KEEPING THE SABBATH HOLY?

Deuteronomy 4:5-10

5 Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the Lord my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.

6 Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.

7 For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the Lord our God is in all things that we call upon him for?

8 And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?

9 Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;

10 Specially the day that thou stoodest before the Lord thy God in Horeb, when the Lord said unto me, Gather me the people together, and I will make them hear my words, that they may learn to fear me all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and that they may teach their children.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWERS...

SHALOM.

1 Share

Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:23pm On Aug 21, 2019
You know what He said and have heard what He said. Math. 5:17

He came to show us how to keep the Law. That's what the new testament clearly shows us the different ways we can abide in the Law.

Abide in the Law is not limited to those matters which are clearly stated but they also cover those other matters which may not have been stated but you know and are supposed to know and can know that the Law covers them.

As we say in Law, Christ expanded ( shed more light) the Law.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by donnie(m): 3:20pm On Aug 21, 2019
Dtruthspeaker:
You know what He said and have heard what He said. Math. 5:17

He came to show us how to keep the Law. That's what the new testament clearly shows us the different ways we can abide in the Law.

Abide in the Law is not limited to those matters which are clearly stated but they also cover those other matters which may not have been stated but you know and are supposed to know and can know that the Law covers them.

As we say in Law, Christ expanded ( shed more light) the Law.

Thank you... I like your answer.

But you know it is Christian a doctrine that the law is no longer binding on Yah's people.

...Especially the first four commandments.
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:09pm On Aug 21, 2019
donnie:

But you know it is Christian a doctrine that the law is no longer binding on Yah's people.

Lies from Satan himself!

Did Christ not answer the lawyer, in the new testament, who asked what was the greatest commandment (Law)? Did Christ not answer that it was the First Law (No 1) of all laws? Math 22: 34-40.

Can there be a higher Law above this. See also Luke 10: 25-28

And Christ clearly said all other laws (in the world) stand on it. Math. 22: 39/40. For the sake of clarity, I humbly say in Christ's Name that No 3 commandment is like no 2. And No 4 is like No 3 and you can run along with the rest.
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by donnie(m): 7:34pm On Aug 24, 2019
I agree

Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:59am On Aug 25, 2019
donnie:
I agree

Mathew 8:15-20 particularly verses 17 and 18.

1 John 2: 18/19 (anti-Christ means against Christ and as Christ said who is not with me, is against me Mathew 12:30)
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by petra1(m): 5:15pm On Nov 07, 2019
donnie:
WHAT DID THE SAVIOR SAY ABOUT THE COMMANDMENTS? DID HE (YAHUSHA HAMASHIACH) CONTRADICT MOSES? DID HE DO AWAY WITH THE LAW OF COMMANDMENTS... EG. KEEPING THE SABBATH HOLY?

Deuteronomy 4:5-10

5 Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the Lord my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.

6 Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.

7 For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the Lord our God is in all things that we call upon him for?

8 And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?

9 Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;

10 Specially the day that thou stoodest before the Lord thy God in Horeb, when the Lord said unto me, Gather me the people together, and I will make them hear my words, that they may learn to fear me all the days that they shall live upon the earth, and that they may teach their children.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWERS...

SHALOM.

Paul made it clear that the law is holy and it's the law of God. The law contains certain principles which are for ever and some shadows as well which are fulfilled in christ
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by sonmvayina(m): 5:43pm On Nov 07, 2019
The Heart and soul of the Bible is the Torah, the others are footnotes and garbage.....

The laws of God is the way, the truth and life... Psalm 119 is a long love poem about the laws of God..
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by donnie(m): 7:02pm On Mar 31, 2020
sonmvayina:
The Heart and soul of the Bible is the Torah, the others are footnotes and garbage.....

The laws of God is the way, the truth and life... Psalm 119 is a long love poem about the laws of God..

WOW... Powerful!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by Daejoyoung: 7:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
donnie:

Jesus hardly spoke about the civic or sacrificial laws of Moses. When jesus spoke about the law, he always elaborated on the moral laws.
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by donnie(m): 8:14pm On Mar 31, 2020
Daejoyoung:

Jesus hardly spoke about the civic or sacrificial laws of Moses. When jesus spoke about the law, he always elaborated on the moral laws.

He kept all the laws. The NT gospels are not even exhaustive yet we see him keeping even the feasts days. Christians have changed his laws and even His feast days which YAH commanded to be kept forever and claim to be following our MESSIAH.

YAHUSHA kept the shabbat -Luke 4:16, Mark 1:21.

YAHUSHA kept the Feast of Passover -John 2:23.

YAHUSHA kept the Feast of tabernacles John 7:2-10.

YAHUSHA Kept the Passover with his disciples Luke 22:7-19 and so on.

And his disciples continued after he left because they were the people of YAH and feared YAHUAH.

We may not be able to keep all the laws or Feast days perfectly until during the Millennium when He returns and brings us to our land. He will perfect all things and temple worship will resume perfectly.

But until then we establish and uphold the law and shun Idolatory and other abominations like Sunday shabbat which is actually Baal worship. We should keep His dietary laws.
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by Daejoyoung: 8:37pm On Mar 31, 2020
donnie:

He kept all the laws. The NT gospels are not even exhaustive yet we see him keeping even the feasts days. Christians have changed his laws and even His feast days which YAH commanded to be kept forever and claim to be following our MESSIAH.

YAHUSHA kept the shabbat -Luke 4:16, Mark 1:21.

YAHUSHA kept the Feast of Passover -John 2:23.

YAHUSHA kept the Feast of tabernacles John 7:2-10.

YAHUSHA Kept the Passover with his disciples Luke 22:7-19 and so on.

And his disciples continued after he left because they were the people of YAH and feared YAHUAH.

We may not be able to keep all the laws or Feast days perfectly until during the Millennium when He returns and brings us to our land. He will perfect all things and temple worship will resume perfectly.

But until then we establish and uphold the law and shun Idolatory and other abominations like Sunday shabbat which is actually Baal worship. We should keep His dietary laws.
My man, yeshuah kept all those things because he was a jew, are you a jew?
These are cultural laws for ancient jews, which included some laws like burning of priests daughter for fornication, cutting of a woman's hand for holding the man's private part in a duel, stoning for gathering on the sabbath, and some cruel stuff like that.

1 Like

Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by donnie(m): 8:38pm On Mar 31, 2020
Daejoyoung:

EMPHATICALLY YES! This is not religion. His law is His wisdom he has given to us. It is life ... And the only way we His people can be the head instead of the tail.
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by Daejoyoung: 8:43pm On Mar 31, 2020
donnie:

EMPHATICALLY YES!
Well if you are a jew, then why not keep all the laws? would you burn your daughter for fornication, as a priest?

1 Like

Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by donnie(m): 8:44pm On Mar 31, 2020
Daejoyoung:

Well if you are a jew, then why not keep all the laws? would you burn your daughter for fornication, as a priest?

This is not a joke my brother. Was the MESSIAH not sacrificed for the sins of his people Israel? Was he not the lamb of sacrifice?
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by Daejoyoung: 8:46pm On Mar 31, 2020
donnie:

This is not a joke my brother. Was the MESSIAH not sacrificed for the sins of his people Israel? Was he not the lamb of sacrifice?
My point is that some of your laws in the context of today are quite outrageous, why not focus on the moral laws only?
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by donnie(m): 8:48pm On Mar 31, 2020
Daejoyoung:

These are cultural laws for ancient jews, which included some laws like burning of priests daughter for fornication, cutting of a woman's hand for holding the man's private part in a duel, stoning for gathering on the sabbath, and some cruel stuff like that.

Please be specific, I engaged you because you spoke as someone who knew the scriptures.... line upon line.

You are already keeping pagan customs and traditions, won't you rather keep those given to us by YAH?
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by donnie(m): 8:49pm On Mar 31, 2020
Daejoyoung:

My point is that some of your laws in the context of today are quite outrageous, why not focus on the moral laws only?

There is nothing outrageous about YAH's laws. What is the Spirit for?

Ezekiel 36:27
And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

1 Like

Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by Daejoyoung: 8:50pm On Mar 31, 2020
donnie:

Please be specific, I engaged you because you spoke as someone who knew the scriptures.... line upon line.

You are already keeping pagan customs and traditions, won't you rather keep those given to us by YAH?
ok, this law given to us by yah, is it perfect to you? can it be improved upon?
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by donnie(m): 8:52pm On Mar 31, 2020
Daejoyoung:

ok, this law given to us by yah, is it perfect to you? can it be improved upon?

The law of YAHUAH is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of YAHUAH are trustworthy, making wise the simple. -Psalm 19:7

His laws are perfect, it is us who are being perfected daily.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by donnie(m): 8:55pm On Mar 31, 2020
Daejoyoung:

That's is not what YAH said. That is what Christianity, the Babylonian religion says.

1 Like

Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by Daejoyoung: 8:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
donnie:

The law of YAHUAH is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of YAHUAH are trustworthy, making wise the simple. -Psalm 19:7

His laws are perfect, it is us who are being perfected daily.
The law here refers to the moral laws jesus taught such as the golden rule, read the gospel of matthew, mark, and luke to understand the law of God referred to here.

1 Like

Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by donnie(m): 8:57pm On Mar 31, 2020
Daejoyoung:

The law here refers to the moral laws jesus taught such as the golden rule, read the gospel of matthew, mark, and luke to understand the law of God referred to here.

That's a flat out lie. The word there is TORAH. And we know exactly what it means.
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by Daejoyoung: 9:00pm On Mar 31, 2020
donnie:

That's is not what YAH said. That is what Christianity, the Babylonian religion says.
The civic laws of moses says some outrageous things my man, many of them you can't even keep today.
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by Daejoyoung: 9:02pm On Mar 31, 2020
donnie:

That's a flat out lie. The word there is TORAH. And we know exactly what it means.
What did jesus tell you in Matthew 7v12:

Do unto others as ye would have them do unto you, for these are the law and the prophets.
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by donnie(m): 9:03pm On Mar 31, 2020
Daejoyoung:

What did jesus tell you in Matthew 7v12:

Do unto others as ye would have them do unto you, for these are the law and the prophets.

He just gave the summary of commandments 5-10 which is: Love your neighbor as yourself.

Commandments 1-4 is: Love YAH.
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by Daejoyoung: 9:10pm On Mar 31, 2020
sonmvayina:

Do you keep all 613 laws of God today? Are the laws of Moses perfect?
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by Daejoyoung: 9:11pm On Mar 31, 2020
donnie:

He just gave the summary of commandments 5-10 which is: Love your neighbor as yourself.

Commandments 1-4 is: Love YAH.
The laws are great and full of wisdom, but moses had his shortcomings too, why can't you see that? The law came by Moses but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by donnie(m): 9:13pm On Mar 31, 2020
Daejoyoung:

The laws are great and full of wisdom, but moses had his shortcomings too, why can't you see that? The law came by Moses but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Grace and truth is to make us more like YAH, not to make us lawless.
Re: What Did The Savior Say About The Commandments? Did He Contradict Moses? by Daejoyoung: 9:16pm On Mar 31, 2020
petra1:

Paul made it clear that the law is holy and it's the law of God. The law contains certain principles which are for ever and some shadows as well which are fulfilled in christ

Exactly, the law contains the everlasting principles of God, but some of it were for a particular place and time, some of it were limited, this is why the law alone though great, does not excite God as much as works of faith. You need the spirit of christ- the spirit of action in love and active faith to truly please God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Basic Frame Of The Bible. / Photo Of Teenager Praying For Homeless Man Goes Viral / Birthday Wishes To Bishop David Olaniyi Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.