Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers (36978 Views)

Wike Says He Is Niger Delta President, Calls Buhari Fellow President- APC Rivers / Rivers Rerun: PDP Releases Photos, Alleges FG Doles Out Billions To APC Rivers / Peterside & APC Rivers Hold Thanksgiving Service Over Supreme Court's Judgement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by Orikinla(m): 3:36pm On Jan 28, 2016
STATEMENT BY DR DAKUKU ADOL PETERSIDE, GOVERNORSHIP CANDIDATE OF THE ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS (APC) IN RESPONSE TO THE SUPREME COURT JUDGMENT UPHOLDING THE DECLARATION BY INEC THAT CHIEF EZENWO NYESOM WIKE WON THE APRIL 11, 2015 GENERAL ELECTIONS IN RIVERS STATE

PROTOCOL

The learned Justices of the Supreme Court of Nigeria yesterday January 27, 2016 upheld the declaration by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) that Chief Ezenwo Nyesom Wike won the April 11, 2015 Governorship election in Rivers State. The decision was a departure from the earlier findings of the Rivers State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal and the Court of Appeal which had both agreed with us that the conduct of the April 11, 2015 elections failed to comply substantially with the requirements of the Electoral Act.

This decision marks the culmination of a legal battle we instituted not merely because we want power for its sake; but against the virus of electoral violence that often thwarts the will of the people.

My associates and I are grateful to God for directing us to pursue justice in the courts rather than resort to self-help. We magnify our God for giving us the will and the support of Rivers people to maintain the legal battle. As a people who believe in the law, we fought a good fight; we won some of the legal battles along the way. For this we thank our legal team for the diligence with which they conducted the case.

Nevertheless, the Supreme Court has differed from our position. Still, we thank God for giving us the stoicism to accept the verdict. Indeed, our God deserves praise for reminding us that as His children we should respect and honour even our earthly authorities. It is a further reminder that His will is best in all things for His glory and the greater good of humanity.

We thank Nigerians, especially Rivers people who have stood by us during this legal odyssey spanning approximately 10 months. We urge all our supporters to take a cue from us in accepting this verdict, without more. We invoke in you the spirit of stoicism and compassion. Even if you are taunted by people who do not understand the ways of God, keep calm and be motivated by the greater good in all your actions.

Our decision to serve Rivers State was borne out of a passion to uplift our people; to clothe them with dignity on the twin planks of social and economic prosperity. We anchored this promise on the platform of unity. Consequently, we never ceased to remind ourselves that we are GREATER TOGETHER. A Supreme Court verdict that goes against our prayer is a veritable opportunity to demonstrate how dearly we hold the greater together creed.

Consequently, we shall do our best to work for the peace and development of Rivers State and all who reside in it. We shall creatively offer our help to Governor Nyesom Wike. We will provide a virile opposition, serving as a mirror for the conscience of government, in the interest of Rivers people. When encouragement is needed towards a just and proper course of dealings, we will offer our commendation to the government. Conversely, we will constructively express objection to policies and actions we consider inimical to the overall interest of Rivers people. It is our hope that Governor Wike and his team will appreciate the suggestions and proposals that would be made in the interest of Rivers people. If we sometimes sound strident, he should pay heed to the message of passionate and zealous Rivers people rather than dismiss the messenger.

Although we have accepted the Supreme Court verdict, it would be remiss of me not to point out that this is also an opportunity for our people to engage in deep introspection on the electoral process. Beyond party affiliation, must we continue to allow the electoral process to be subject to the whims and caprices of anti-democratic elements, especially those who deploy personal militia to molest and even kill voters; those who hold the electoral umpire captive or compromised; and thus generally prevent electoral outcomes reflective of the will of the voters, as envisaged by law? It is understandable that an attitude of cynical expediency in some politicians may inevitably conclude that “the end justifies the means”. However, those who are governed by such a cynical mentality need to be reminded that a huge moral burden would perpetually sour such temporary “victories”. Like the myth of Sisyphus, it is surely a backward slide in our political evolution. Let us think deeply please.

Finally, I thank everyone who has supported us during this long and arduous journey in the political evolution of Rivers State. May God satisfy you with blessings from the depth of His unfathomable love, so that you will eternally remain true to all that is noble and just. Remember, we are ultimately greater together!

God bless Rivers State; and God bless us all.

Thank you.

Amaopusenibo (Hon.) Dakuku Adol Peterside, PhD
January 28, 2016

61 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by ozoigbondu: 3:41pm On Jan 28, 2016
As if you had a choice
Now go cry to mummy

205 Likes 16 Shares

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by mcee1(m): 3:41pm On Jan 28, 2016
Good.

2 Likes

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by Ephemmm: 3:41pm On Jan 28, 2016
With the closeness between Amaechi and PMB, a sane and objective citizen devoid of political affiliation and bitterness would think Dakuku will win case willy-nilly.

Therefore, this verdict is not only a victory for PDP, but a yardstick to ascertain that PMB is truly for nobody but for everybody. God bless PMB: God bless Nigeria.

188 Likes 17 Shares

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by mcee1(m): 3:43pm On Jan 28, 2016
ozoigbondu:
As if you had a choice

Now go cry to mummy
IPOB wetting carry you come river talk Gerrara here mehn.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by ta4ba3(m): 3:43pm On Jan 28, 2016
Go cry to baba...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by ozoigbondu: 3:45pm On Jan 28, 2016
mcee1:
IPOB wetting carry you come river talk Gerrara here mehn.
What is dis nigga talking about

Fly away joor

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by chriskosherbal(m): 3:47pm On Jan 28, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by mcee1(m): 3:48pm On Jan 28, 2016
ozoigbondu:
What is did nigga talking about
Fly away joor
grin

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by Splashme: 3:48pm On Jan 28, 2016
[size=14pt]Nonsense . . . .
You guys succeeded in manipulating the Tribunal and Appeal court in your favour.
Thank God for the Supreme court. I feel for those senators and Reps members whose judgments ended at court of appeal.

You and Amaechi should appeal to ICC if you like
Amaechi's only achievement so far is to cancel a Maritime University
located in the Niger Delta
[/size]

163 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by iokpebholo: 3:49pm On Jan 28, 2016
Do u have a choice?looser

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by otokx(m): 3:50pm On Jan 28, 2016
Well said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by kingdompropty: 3:51pm On Jan 28, 2016
How did you want to snatch rivers state? grin

Did you think your little gods - Amaechi owns Nigeria? Take up the job of a PA , come back next 4 years.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by cktheluckyman: 3:52pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ephemmm:
With the closeness between Amaechi and PMB, a sane and objective citizen devoid of political affiliation and bitterness would think Dakuku will win case willy-nilly.

Therefore, this verdict is not only a victory for PDP, but a yardstick to ascertain that PMB is truly for nobody but for everybody. God bless PMB: God bless Nigeria.

Buhari has no control over the Justices of the supreme court!! Those Judges in the moulds of the Chukwudifu Oputas and Kayode Eso's of this would cannot be cowed by the executive.There was simply nothing Buhari could do stop the learned Judges from delivering justice.

126 Likes 8 Shares

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by meforyou1(m): 3:52pm On Jan 28, 2016
Before nko? They want to go to ECOWAS Court?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by 2boiz(m): 3:58pm On Jan 28, 2016
U for no accept nah... (hiss)

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by Boss13: 4:01pm On Jan 28, 2016
Peterside, there is nothing you can do. The Supreme Court ruling is final.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by Orikinla(m): 4:04pm On Jan 28, 2016
Ephemmm:

1000 Likes.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by Orikinla(m): 4:12pm On Jan 28, 2016
kingdompropty:
How did you want to snatch rivers state? grin

Did you think your little gods - Amaechi owns Nigeria? Take up the job of a PA , come back next 4 years.
Bros. Peterside has PhD. He is nobody's errand boy.
The Supreme Court verdict is for peace and unity.
Let us move Rivers State forward.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by phemmie06(m): 4:13pm On Jan 28, 2016
You have no choice, or you want go ICC

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by jmichlins(m): 4:15pm On Jan 28, 2016
Wike will have no one to blame if he fails to deliver. Fingers crossed and wish him successful tenure. But Rivers people won because Wike right now has being discharged of all sycophants who went Dakuku side via the run up

10 Likes

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by mrvitalis(m): 4:21pm On Jan 28, 2016
Thanks Dakuku... I am pained by the judgement too but I submit my self to the wisdom of the apex court
I believed and still believe u were the best man for the job... . Ur achievements as commissioner for works actually made me to support u
.. I Pray u pick up ur self and reposition ur self for the future
.. U are young and u never can tell..
I Pray wike performs also and I also congratulate him
I have always and will remain ur political supporter

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by Oildichotomy(m): 4:23pm On Jan 28, 2016
ok
Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by TippyTop(m): 4:23pm On Jan 28, 2016
Does he have any choice?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by ShitHead(m): 4:23pm On Jan 28, 2016
Me too...I even accepted yesterday on your behalf.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by benval40(m): 4:23pm On Jan 28, 2016
Where is ur godsfather Ameachi, i heard is very close wit d chief judge

11 Likes

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by Raymondville(m): 4:24pm On Jan 28, 2016
What do you expect before.

I wanna listen to what Amaechi will say.

PDP is still alive.

Have you heard of GLUCOFIT, its a natural supplement that helps to reverse type 2 diabetes. You can check more information on www.naturehealthoptions.com/diabetes.html
There are testimonies of people who have have been successfully freed from this terminal disease

3 Likes

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by Bantino(m): 4:24pm On Jan 28, 2016
Good

ADVANTAGE == PDP

18 Likes

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by kekakuz(m): 4:24pm On Jan 28, 2016
Niggarrr went to church to do thanks giving
God does not support badbelle

3 Likes

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by HRich(m): 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2016
That's the spirit of sportsmanship.

1 Like

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by BE811APP: 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2016
u have no choice dakuku..

but i wanted u to win.. embarassed

1 Like

Re: We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers by winkmart: 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2016
its welll...next time niccur!!!

check my SIGNATURE please

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard / I’m Ill But Not Dead, Bedridden – Babangida / Hyundai To Build Refinery In Owaza, Abia State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.