Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,562 members, 7,820,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him (7775 Views)

Femi Falana Reacts To Baru's Defense With Three Legal Arguments / Buhari Receives Briefing From Attorney-general, NNPC Boss / Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by GworoChewinMaga: 8:20pm On Jan 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
[b]I just finished reading his post and I have to say, he has a point. Please, not I am not a legal practitioner. I am open to correction.

I will make this as short and as simple as I can to make this understandable to everyone who can not go through the long write up or deal with the legal terminologies.

The man is Saying Femi Falana SAN should not have taken the case to the ICC because it goes against the Stance of our constitution.

Our Constitution does not support any international legal matter that is not already a law made by the National assembly.

He went further to state Constitutional backings of his argument with cases from UK and America.

Then he pointed out that in a case in Nigeria, a Supreme Court judgment supports his claim.

" Suffice it to say that an international treaty entered into by the government of Nigeria does not become binding until enacted into law by the National Assembly."

So he feels Falana, someone who upholds and defends the constitution should not have taken the case to the ICC.

I think the lawyer has a very strong claim and I think Femi Falana (SAN) should reply it.

Although I think the Barrister's point is clearly Biased because of the last point he made. He spoilt a clear legal argument with just that last point.

Interestingly, Mr. Femi Falana did not allude to this Article 17 in his letter knowing fully well that those he is proposing to be arraigned at Hague are already having their day in different Nigerian Courts. There must indeed be a limit to outright lies and standing of logic on its head. I choose to say no more.

All the people Femi Falana is proposing for arraignment in the Hague are not having their day in Court.

I have not heard of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala having her day in court and I believe she is even the reason you drafted this letter. You did exactly the thing you are accusing Femi Falana of. Lying.[/b]

Who are you forming interpreter for?

Most of us here can read FYI
Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:24pm On Jan 28, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

Who are you forming interpreter for?

Most of us here can read FYI

Are you sure you can read well? If you could, how did you miss this?

I will make this as short and as simple as I can to make this understandable to anyone who can not go through the long write up or deal with the legal terminologies.
Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by GworoChewinMaga: 8:26pm On Jan 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Are you sure you can read well? If you could, how did you miss this?

I will make this as short and as simple as I can to make this understandable to everyone who can not go through the long write up or deal with the legal terminologies.

Who made you summarizer?

Busy body ITK
Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 28, 2016
Rational minds that read the submissions above will comprehend what the lawyer stated above and make educating comments either for or against.

Legal minds will expound the debate by shading more light on the Issue of undomesticated foreign laws and issues of international jurisdiction on domestic issue's that are before the courts of the land with jurisdictions but e-clowns with acute comprehension disorders will resort to insults even when they are bereft of knowledge on what the core issues are.

The issues raised above are germane.
Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:28pm On Jan 28, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

Who made you summarizer?

Busy body ITK

Who summarized for you? If you do not want to read my summary, look and pass. It is not for you.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by Montaque(m): 8:29pm On Jan 28, 2016
cosby02:
Nawa ooo... this is still coming from same set of people.
Can you fault the argument? that's what I want to hear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by GworoChewinMaga: 8:30pm On Jan 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Who summarized for you? If you do not want to read my summary, look and pass. It is not for you.

And now Mr ITK is assuming only he read the post.

You are one self conceited bast*!d
Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by johnmartus(m): 8:31pm On Jan 28, 2016
when i saw his name i am not even bother myself to read the trashcheesy

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:33pm On Jan 28, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

And now Mr ITK is assuming only he read the post.

You are one self conceited bast*!d

If I felt only me read the post, will I say for those who can not go through the long post? It is ignorance to believe everyone who will come into this thread will read the whole article.

Do you think everyone who will come into this thread will read the whole article?

If I believed only me read the post or I am an ITK, will I ask for corrections if I made a mistake?
Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by GworoChewinMaga: 8:36pm On Jan 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

If I felt only me read the post, will I say for those who can not go through the long post? It is ignorance to believe everyone who will come into this thread will read the whole article.

Do you think everyone who will come into this thread will read the whole article?

If I believed only me read the post or I am an ITK, will I ask for corrections if I made a mistake?

Who send you?

Mr Assumer

Mr Summarizer

Mr Interpreter

Mr ITK

And Mr Busybody
Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by drss(m): 8:37pm On Jan 28, 2016
chesterlee:
Watch the Zombies leave the matter on ground and attack him or call him an Ipob member

*edited* Oh, they have done that already... Empty Mofos!!! grin
dem don already term d article writter attention seeker without even reading d article. i no blame dem. their zombie brain does not have d necessary ingredient to digest highly interllectual materials. grin

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by ERockson: 8:37pm On Jan 28, 2016
The same set of people threatening Buhari with ICC for dealing ruthlessly with biafrans are now claiming ICC lacks jurisdiction to listen to Falana's petition against set of people for committing crime against humanity,all because one of their own is involved. Shame on hypocrite IPOB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:38pm On Jan 28, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

Who send you?

Mr Assumer

Mr Summarizer

Mr Interpreter

Mr ITK

And Mr Busybody

What is biting your body? I do not understand your problem. If you read the article, you skip my summary. Is that so difficult?
Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by GworoChewinMaga: 8:40pm On Jan 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

What is biting your body? I do not understand your problem. If you read the article, you skip my summary. Is that so difficult?

Because you sounded off condescending on others
Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by drss(m): 8:43pm On Jan 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
[b]“We strongly believe that allegations of corruption so far made against Col. Sambo Dasuki and other public officers have had catastrophic effects on the lives of over 25,000 Nigerian soldiers and civilians including children akin to crimes against humanity as contemplated under the Rome Statute and within the jurisdiction of the Court,” the petition read in part.

“We believe that the staggering amount of public funds alleged to have been stolen create just these consequences. Crimes against humanity are not only physical violence; allegations of corruption highlighted above hold a comparable gravity, which the Prosecutor should examine and thoroughly investigate.

“The elements that need to be established to prove a “crime against humanity “under article 7(1)(k) of the Rome Statute are that, the perpetrator inflicted great suffering or serious injury by means of an inhumane act; that the perpetrator was aware of the circumstances, and that the act was committed within a widespread or systematic attack on a civilian population; and that the perpetrator knew of that link.

“We believe that these allegations of widespread and systematic corruption amount to crimes against humanity and therefore clear violations of the provisions of the Rome Statute of International Criminal Court. These allegations have given rise to individual criminal responsibility of those suspected of perpetrating corruption, as entrenched in the Rome Statute.

“We therefore submit that this is sufficient to hold Col Dasuki and others that have been indicted in the arms theft scandal responsible for crimes against humanity perpetrated against Nigerians. The failure of a former Finance Minister, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala to prevent widespread and systematic corruption including the re-looting of the Abacha loot amounts to complicity under the Rome Statute, and therefore fits the legal requirements of a crime against humanity.

“In this respect, I also urge you to commence an investigation proprio motu on the allegations of the criminal diversion of the security fund of $2.1 billion and N643 billion earmarked by suspected perpetrators, with a view to determining whether these amount to crimes against humanity within the court’s jurisdiction.”[/b]
$2 billion arms deal does not exist! u pipul ar in for a big shock.
Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:44pm On Jan 28, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

Because you sounded off condescending on others

I am sorry if my words felt that way. I did it in respect of those who do not have the time read the article.

I did not mean to bring down anyone or challenge anyone's intellect. I hoped I made some mistake and someone will shed more light on my mistake.
Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by GworoChewinMaga: 8:46pm On Jan 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I am sorry if my words felt that way. I did it in respect of those who do not have the time read the article.

I did not mean to bring down anyone or challenge anyone's intellect. I hoped I made some mistake and someone will shed more light on my mistake.

The original post is there for all to read.

If they don't read it why do you expect them to read your summary and opinion?

Next time read your own and post your opinion and move on.
Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:48pm On Jan 28, 2016
drss:
$2 billion arms deal does not exist! u pipul ar in for a big shock.

I wonder how you came up with that assumption. GEJ took a lone of a Billion dollars to fight Boko Haram. Madam Ngozi Okonjo Iweala said She gave Dazuki over three hundred Million dollars.

That is already over $1.3 Billion.
Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by drss(m): 8:49pm On Jan 28, 2016
ERockson:
The same set of people threatening Buhari with ICC for dealing ruthlessly with biafrans are now claiming ICC lacks jurisdiction to listen to Falana's petition against set of people for committing crime against humanity,all because one of their own is involved. Shame on hypocrite IPOB
dont play coy with us, were u aware dat icc laws was yet to be domisticated in nigeria If yes den where were u when northern elders reported GEJ n ihejirika to icc in 2014 for destroying boko haram
Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:51pm On Jan 28, 2016
GworoChewinMaga:

The original post is there for all to read.

If they don't read it why do you expect them to read your summary and opinion?

Next time read your own and post your opinion and move on.

I disagree with that. If I see a long thread and I have the time to post a summary for it, I do not see it wrong to do so. Clearly, some will not have the time for the long articles.

Some days, I skip articles and read comments to get what the article is about.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 28, 2016
Montaque:

Can you fault the argument? that's what I want to hear

You are practically asking for a miracle, he can't fault the argument that's if he even read it and comprehend it's content (s).
Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by drss(m): 8:54pm On Jan 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I wonder how you came up with that assumption. GEJ took a lone of a Billion dollars to fight Boko Haram. Madam Ngozi Okonjo Iweala said She gave Dazuki over three hundred Million dollars.

chai is dis wat liar mohammed told u dat d $1 billion loan taken by GEJ n approved by nass for prosecution of terror war part of d so call dasukigate U have been decieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by BERNIMOORE: 8:59pm On Jan 28, 2016
@JOHNMARY CHUKWUKASI JIDEOB, Esq. May God In his infinite Mercy Bless you And your Family! What a beatiful piece! you are fearless like esther vs Mordecai story in the bible, i am a yoruba man but partly from Ekiti, I want to Again Salute Your Courage the way i always salute my cousin Gov. Ayo Fayose, The truth is that Femi falana and Wole Soyinka Are sopposed to be like the Gani fawehinmi and Fela Anikulapo Kuti But they betrayed the trust and rather seek cover under Confraternities Occultlike security of 'corveteousness' and 'greed' they cannot speak the truth and they are ready to intimidate you about what you already knew, Falana is a big shame to yoruba land and a hand tool of Tinubu both same bird of same feathers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by OBAGADAFFI: 8:59pm On Jan 28, 2016
The same set of people that took the FG to ICC are now saying Femi is wrong for taking their Sisters and brothers to the ICC.

1 Like

Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by islandmoon: 9:40pm On Jan 28, 2016
This one is Trashhh!!! Next??
Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by ehissi(m): 9:52pm On Jan 28, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Don't be fooled by English laguage constructs! No one is arguing whether $2.1bn or monies was stolen. What was said is that there is no $2.1bn arms deal; if there was then who are the dealers and what is the list of products to be supplied??
And what third world country by the way spends $2.1bn on only arms??

This is exactly what happened the last time someone cried foul to mislead folks! That was how Sanusi said $49bn was missing, then it became $20bn.

Has anyone noticed that Buhari isn't looking for any missing $20bn from NNPC account!!?? Thats because there was no missing $20bn or $49bn - if you read PriceWaterCooper investigative audit report, then you would have known!

But everyone has forgotten the FRCN audit report which remains un-investigated, concerning alleged violation and misappropriations by former governor lamido sanusi!! Where he spent millions of Naira above his constitutional limit - on a Boko Haram member's family - without course to any budgetary approval and nothing happened; stella Oduah's parastatal as aviation minister - NCAA - did same and everybody wanted a trial!!

See confusion...............

2 Likes

Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by appini: 9:57pm On Jan 28, 2016
Falana you see your miserable life...? Mad dog!
Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:01pm On Jan 28, 2016
ehissi:

Don't be fooled by English laguage constructs! No one is arguing whether $2.1bn or monies was stolen. What was said is that there is no $2.1bn arms deal; if there was then who are the dealers and what is the list of products to be supplied??

This is exactly what happened the last time someone cried foul to mislead folks! That was how Sanusi said $49bn was missing, then it became $20bn.

Has anyone noticed that Buhari isn't looking for any missing $20bn from NNPC account!!?? Thats because there was no missing $20bn or $49bn - if you read PriceWaterCooper investigative audit report, then you would have known!

But everyone has forgotten the FRCN audit report which remains un-investigated, concerning alleged violation and misappropriations by former governor lamido sanusi!! Where he spent millions of Naira above his constitutional limit - on a Boko Haram member's family - without course to any budgetary approval and nothing happened; stella Oduah's parastatal as aviation minister - NCAA - did same and everybody wanted a trial!!

PwC's audit report supports many of Sanusi's allegations. The auditors found that the total gross revenues generated from the federal government of Nigeria crude oil liftings was $69.34bn from January 2012 to July 2013.

The total cash remitted into the government's accounts in relation to crude oil lifting was $50.81bn, leaving $18.53bn unaccounted for.

The report raised serious questions about the level of transparency and corporate structure of the national oil company.

http://www.internationalaccountingbulletin.com/news/pwc-forensic-report-on-oil-revenues-unveils-nigerias-demons-4570423
Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by arresa: 10:19pm On Jan 28, 2016
Dedetwo:

You are certainly a Nigerian. It sucks to be one. grin grin

Coming from the BEAST of no nation, sense of belonging or identity..

Eternal losers... grin.
Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by Amucha: 11:05pm On Jan 28, 2016
lionness:
Rubbish from useless IPOB monkies. Doing anything to Defend OKonjo Iboala. Useless people!

lol, shows you didn't understand the write up. you must not comment and must not politicise every write up. That was an intellectual exposition that demands inspirational perusal to comprehend.
Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
ehissi:

You keep saying what third World Country spends $2.1 Billion on arms. GEJ already took a loan of a Billion dollars. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala already released over three Hundred Million.

I do not think we should ask if it was possible. Over $1.3 Billion is already clear for all to see.

As for the FRCN/Sanusi, I do not think there was anything there in that report. I feel it was just a series of allegations to kick Emir Sanusi for the letter leakage.

If GEJ and co. were sincere, they would have allowed him defend himself before kicking him out.

I have not seen a report that said that the $2.1 Billion does not include the loan GEJ took. That is like saying Dazuki did not use part of the Okonjo Iweala's Abacha's loot to fund Boko Haram fight.
Re: Femi Falana In Deep Mess: See What His Junior Told Attorney-general About Him by 2mNaira: 11:23pm On Jan 28, 2016
byrron:

You are practically asking for a miracle, he can't fault the argument that's if he even read it and comprehend it's content (s).

The argument can easily be faulted.
That country cannnot enforce an undomesticated law does not mean it must hinder investigation as a result of that law.

A country can decide to allow investigation as a result of that law if they choose or disallow it if they choose.
The only thing they may not do is to give up their citizen if a warrant for his arrest has been issued by the ICC.But then, if the citizen in question steps out of that country, nothing stops a foreign country from given the person up since he is not their citizen.

This petition may protect dasuki cause he is resident in Nigeria, but will definitely not protect Okonjo-Iweala who is resident outside Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

As Anybody Gotten This Message Today? / FG Distributes Relief Materials To 894 Flood Victims In Akwa Ibom / Osinbajo To Represent Nigeria At Museveni’s Inauguration In Uganda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.