Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Unbelievable! Indeed, NIGERIA Got TALENT. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Unbelievable! Indeed, NIGERIA Got TALENT. (1548 Views)

9ja Got Talent - Hand Made Desktop Charger / (CLOSED)Unbelievable!!! A Nairalander Discovers A Law / Unbelievable Pictures Of Robots Humans Will Be Having Sex With By Next Decade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unbelievable! Indeed, NIGERIA Got TALENT. by CEOconcord(m): 10:30pm On Jan 28, 2016
Just saw this young Boy after my NYSC CDs here in Ogoja, Cross River State skating with a locally made skate. He is just about 7years old. When its comes to science/technological innovations/inventions, Nigeria can be great if we can identify and build our talents. Just take a look. How I wish I could post some of the videos.

Re: Unbelievable! Indeed, NIGERIA Got TALENT. by abiolert(m): 10:34pm On Jan 28, 2016
good one
Re: Unbelievable! Indeed, NIGERIA Got TALENT. by flexxyworld(m): 10:35pm On Jan 28, 2016
We dey try for this country.. Na just better government we need.. Nice one bro..
Re: Unbelievable! Indeed, NIGERIA Got TALENT. by Donald3d(m): 10:36pm On Jan 28, 2016
CEOconcord:
Just saw this young Boy after my NYSC CDs here in Ogoja, Cross River State skating with a locally made skate. He is just about 7years old. When its comes to science/technological innovations/inventions, Nigeria can be great if we can identify and build our talents. Just take a look. How I wish I could post some of the videos.
he is my younger brother *winks* #claiming

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable! Indeed, NIGERIA Got TALENT. by Tallesty1(m): 10:41pm On Jan 28, 2016
Wow!!!
Re: Unbelievable! Indeed, NIGERIA Got TALENT. by johnydon22(m): 11:36pm On Jan 28, 2016
[b]Our science and technology ministry is a joke, i don't really know why we even have such ministry in Nigerian when obviously even the minister(s) heading it year to year don't even know what Science and technology is all about...

That appointment is made just for appointment sake nothing more.

We are in a country science and technology is being maltreated under the heavy blows of religious fanatism and indoctrination.

You cannot believe many Nigerian kids consider science "work of the devil" because some scientific thesis contradicts their indoctrinated beliefs.

How can such a country grow scientifically when even the future generations are not even something to write home about in terms of enthusiasm for scientific inclinations.

we don't even have an observatory in Nigeria... what a joke!!!

Our science and technology ministry should fucccking improve and do something tangible..

-Toughen our curriculum on science subjects.

-Provide suitable equipments that can make science fun for the young kids.

-Draw a line between religious indoctrination and scientific drilling.

-Schools should step up their game in scientific teachings and experiments and give the students challenging science projects.

I can't believe we are celebrating such mediocrity any child out there can conjure when other nations gear towards developing kids that can build a basic robot at a very minor age ..

we celebrate adding wheels to a wooden contraption, cardboard houses and other ridiculous doohickey .. what sort of comedy do we think technology is about in this 21st century.

A child adds wheels to wooden slippers and the topic reads "Unbelievable" is this how far behind we are in this planet that such ancient idea is Unbelievable..?.. This is serious.

Just to show you how far behind we are in Nigeria here in terms of scientific and technological advancement..

Africans, Nigeria most especially need to step up their game and give more room for science because the future of this planet depends on it and if you lack in science as a nation, the world will soon leave you behind...

Lastly as a matter of protest: Nairaland should also step up and give more attention to science topics.

There are hundreds of topics on Nairaland science section that can help the average Nigerian out there learn new things and develop their intellectual capabilities..

all we need and ask for is half the attention paid to Snakes, cleavage of celebrities, silly conjured up questions to be paid to the science section in this forum and see more science topics make the front page..

I don't understand how we value meaningless annoying yarns to informative and intellectually pricking topics that can actually help us.

How will Nigeria ever advance in scientific and technological evolution when they don't even value it.... Take NL as a case study
[/b]

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Unbelievable! Indeed, NIGERIA Got TALENT. by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 28, 2016
Aaaah there's the future wink

@ the post above, if you can incorporate witches and wizards with Science it will be a Hit on front page grin

@nd you guys ram too much info in one post/comment and ain't nabody gat tyme for DAT undecided (like your rant) lipsrsealed
Re: Unbelievable! Indeed, NIGERIA Got TALENT. by johnydon22(m): 11:59pm On Jan 28, 2016
Nubian113:
Aaaah there's the future wink
WTF ... which future.. Attaching Ball bearings to wooden slippers when there already prototypes of hover boards that actually float in air? undecided

I don't know about you but we actually drove small wooden makeshift vehicles with ball bearing wheels as kids..

this isn't the future but the past babe.

@ the post above, if you can incorporate witches and wizards with Science it will be a Hit on front page grin
Lmao grin.. The idea of witches and Wizard is a lot saner than nature which science studies.. Trust me

@nd you guys ram too much info in one post/comment and ain't nabody gat tyme for DAT undecided (like your rant) lipsrsealed
I just give a lot of space to make the post clean joor and not tightly packed and untidy.undecided

Besides its not even half of a quarter of the news posts we get bombarded with everyday on dasuki and celebrity scandals.

There is need for ranting and wailing to gain the desired change we seek.. Some has got to do it .. NL needs change a bit naaa embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unbelievable! Indeed, NIGERIA Got TALENT. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jan 28, 2016
johnydon22:

Lastly as a matter of protest: Nairaland should also step up and give more attention to science topics.

There are hundreds of topics on Nairaland science section that can help the average Nigerian out there learn new things and develop their intellectual capabilities..

all we need and ask for is half the attention paid to Snakes, cleavage of celebrities, silly conjured up questions to be paid to the science section in this forum and see more science topics make the front page..

I don't understand how we value meaningless annoying yarns to information and intellectually pricking topics that can actually help us.

How will Nigeria ever advance in scientific and technological evolution when they don't even value it.... Take NL as a case study

Thumbs up.
Re: Unbelievable! Indeed, NIGERIA Got TALENT. by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 29, 2016
johnydon22:
WTF ... which future.. Attaching Ball bearings to wooden slippers when there already prototypes of hover boards that actually float in air? undecided

I don't know about you but we actually drove small wooden makeshift vehicles with ball bearing wheels as kids..

this isn't the future but the past babe.

Lmao grin.. The idea of witches and Wizard is a lot saner than nature which science studies.. Trust me
I just give a lot of space to make the post clean joor and not tightly packed and untidy.undecided

Besides its not even half of a quarter of the news posts we get bombarded with everyday on dasuki and celebrity scandals.

There is need for ranting and wailing.. Some has got to do it .. NL needs change a bit naaa embarassed

Good luck grin

Godwin undecided
Re: Unbelievable! Indeed, NIGERIA Got TALENT. by johnydon22(m): 12:05am On Jan 29, 2016
Nubian113:

Good luck grin

Godwin undecided

grin That reminds me even Koredo bello's hair style gets more attention like WTF!! angry
Re: Unbelievable! Indeed, NIGERIA Got TALENT. by E383: 12:34am On Jan 29, 2016
Nubian113:

Good luck grin

Godwin undecided

Nubian
Re: Unbelievable! Indeed, NIGERIA Got TALENT. by Nobody: 1:06am On Jan 29, 2016
E383:

Nubian

Yes dear...
Re: Unbelievable! Indeed, NIGERIA Got TALENT. by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 4:55pm On Jan 29, 2016
Unbelieveable;
When a 14 yrs old boy in Greece is using 3D printer To create a ROBOT.
An Indian boy mastering Java at age 10.
Is greece and indian beta than nigeria.
No!!!
Re: Unbelievable! Indeed, NIGERIA Got TALENT. by Nobody: 2:32pm On Feb 25, 2016
Someone attaches ball bearings to a couple of wooden bases / platform, and this is seen as an achievement in Nigeria? Little wonder there has been no advancement in Nigeria, technological or otherwise in the last 30 years.

As kids, what you guys are all jumping up and down about was the norm. These were the sort of toys we built as far back as the 1970's. They were not innovative then, they're definitely not innovative in 2015/6.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

10 Technologies That Didn't Exist 10 Years Ago / How Do I Change My Homepage To Yahoo? / Is It Just Me Or Is Cobranet Like Mad Expensive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.