Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,977 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna - Agriculture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna (149779 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) / My Little Ginger Sack Farm In The South East / Sack Farming : Diary Of My Mix Crop Sack Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by mimmmms(f): 7:13pm On Jul 07, 2016
@vanpeele

2 Likes

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 7:27pm On Jul 07, 2016
mimmmms:
@vanpeele
NOICE shocked.... I also have phone issues and been very busy
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Mercie123(f): 10:55pm On Jul 07, 2016
mimmmms:
@vanpeele

You've done a great job and your farm is so neat. Kudos!
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Pavore9: 5:34am On Jul 08, 2016
mimmmms:
@vanpeele

Looking good. Why not open a thread so we can follow your journey alongside that of your cabbage.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by jephito(m): 8:39pm On Jul 12, 2016
Who knows any other easier and cheaper means of staking cucumber apart from this method?

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 8:42pm On Jul 12, 2016
jephito:
Who knows any other easier and cheaper means of staking cucumber apart from this method?

From my side, you'll have to wait a couple of weeks. Don't know if my new method will be any good but we'll see.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by efe2016(m): 6:03pm On Jul 13, 2016
vanpeele:
Hello everyone,

I recently began a sack farming project to see how possible it was to grow cucumbers in sacks. I'll like to announce that it was a successful endeavour. For those who don't have land to farm on, you all have no more excuse. It's as easy as just putting soil (which is free) in a sack and that's it. I thank all the agric, vegetables and cucumber lords of this forum. Una don try and una still dey try. Please enjoy the pics...they speak better.

Please feel free to ask any questions... grin

hi vanpeele, love ur thread,wish u Gods blessings. Just joined d firum today. Want to ask :
1.if its possible to use ur method, dat is both sacks n ropes for water melons
2. How do u deal with snakes around-i hate dem with passion
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 11:31pm On Jul 14, 2016
efe2016:

hi vanpeele, love ur thread,wish u Gods blessings. Just joined d firum today. Want to ask :
1.if its possible to use ur method, dat is both sacks n ropes for water melons
2. How do u deal with snakes around-i hate dem with passion

1. Yes. Watermelon works in sacks but can't be stringed due to its weight but you can try.
2. Snakes generally avoid humans (unless its them send am). Apply herbicides to your surroundings to reduce where they can hide and try googling to find other ways.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by efe2016(m): 2:32pm On Jul 15, 2016
Thanks,God bless.have been following ur thread from beginning. Thanks again
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by mimmmms(f): 12:04am On Jul 16, 2016
Tnx smiley cheesy wink
Mercie123:

You've done a great job and your farm is so neat. Kudos!
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by mimmmms(f): 12:11am On Jul 16, 2016
Have been wanting 2oPen a thread,dnt knw why am stalling sad the cabbage was just a trial version for my consumption, snails didn't let the head fold on time.
Pavore9:

Looking good. Why not open a thread so we can follow your journey alongside that of your cabbage.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Pavore9: 3:47am On Jul 16, 2016
mimmmms:
Have been wanting to Pen a thread,don't know why am stalling sad the cabbage was just a trial version for my consumption, snails didn't let the head fold on time.

If you have crops like rosemary, fennel, parsley etc growing in your garden it will discourage snails from coming around.

3 Likes

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 9:57am On Jul 28, 2016
Longtime folks. A teaser is good for the mind every once in a while.

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Pavore9: 11:03am On Jul 28, 2016
vanpeele:

Nice one there, reminded me of a Kenyan farmer shown on TV months back. He is into Polythene Bag Farming to grow his tomatoes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz20vgHLMSk

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Adewakeup1(m): 8:30pm On Jul 28, 2016
vanpeele:

@vanpeele,

In that irrigation of the black polythene sacks above, please what type of hose/tube did you use?

Thanks
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 8:48pm On Jul 28, 2016
Pavore9:

Nice one there, reminded me of a Kenyan farmer shown on TV months back. He is into Polythene Bag Farming to grow his tomatoes.

thanks. the video was educative.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 8:51pm On Jul 28, 2016
Adewakeup1:

@vanpeele,

In that irrigation of the black polythene sacks above, please what type of hose/tube did you use?

Thanks

yes
16mm tube
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Adex001(m): 1:43pm On Jul 29, 2016
vanpeele:

thanks. the video was educative.
Pavore9:

Is it possible to use compost as fertilizers?
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Pavore9: 1:47pm On Jul 29, 2016
Adex001:

Is it possible to use compost as fertilizers?

Yes.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Zone: 5:05pm On Jul 29, 2016
vanpeele:

Wow! Looking promising. Looking forward for more. Keep up the good job brother.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Ifedayour007(m): 10:28pm On Aug 07, 2016
vanpeele:
Yesterday was my third harvest. I've broken even and made profit. I got 3 bags from 3 rows (murano) but someone on nairaland bought it even before I harvested.

@lalasticlala thank you very much. That frontpage wey you put me don open door to many possibilities (I no go mind if you father Christmas me again grin). Coming up will be lessons learned and recommendations based on my experiences with sack farming.

P.S. Each bag was 3k. Initial investment #6900. Second harvest #5000 and #9000 for the third. That's a total of #14000. Profit of #7100 within 68 days and still counting. The biggest cucumber was more than 12 inches

Kudos to you. I must confess you are doing something great and am sure this is just the beginning of great things that are about to happen to you.
I am really interested in starting something like this, I have a plot of land I can use. Please will be available to put me thru via NL or whatsapp?
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 7:19am On Aug 08, 2016
Ifedayour007:

Kudos to you. I must confess you are doing something great and am sure this is just the beginning of great things that are about to happen to you.
I am really interested in starting something like this, I have a plot of land I can use. Please will be available to put me thru via NL or whatsapp?

BBM 7B7C49BD
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Ifedayour007(m): 6:36pm On Aug 08, 2016
vanpeele:

BBM 7B7C49BD

I am not on bbm, how about whatsapp or email plz?
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 7:47pm On Aug 08, 2016
Ifedayour007:

I am not on bbm, how about whatsapp or email plz?
thesackfarm@gmail.com
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 7:54pm On Aug 08, 2016

2 Likes

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by REUBEN010(m): 8:25pm On Aug 08, 2016
vanpeele:
Enjoy......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F50Qlg86GvY

What is the assurance that these polypots will support the crops considering the size of the polypots?
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 9:11pm On Aug 08, 2016
REUBEN010:

What is the assurance that these polypots will support the crops considering the size of the polypots?

There are no assurances in life.

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by REUBEN010(m): 9:17pm On Aug 08, 2016
vanpeele:

There are no assurances in life.
Like your reply. Thanks
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by pdozie: 11:56am On Aug 09, 2016
@ Vanpeele,
You earlier posted this picture from someone. can you recall who you got it from? I want to know where he sources the drip control tube (in red). Is it pharmaceuticals or ??.

Cheers

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 12:06pm On Aug 09, 2016
pdozie:
@ Vanpeele,
You earlier posted this picture from someone. can you recall who you got it from? I want to know where he sources the drip control tube (in red). Is it pharmaceuticals or ??.

Cheers

It is pharmaceuticals. Buying maybe expensive. Try finding the scraps....without the needles though.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Ifedayour007(m): 12:20pm On Aug 09, 2016
vanpeele:
Enjoy......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F50Qlg86GvY

Can one still reuse the polypots after harvest? If yes please how many times can it be used. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (24) (Reply)

Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria / Acres Of farmland For Sale At N60,000 Per Acre / How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.