Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna (149561 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) / My Little Ginger Sack Farm In The South East / Sack Farming : Diary Of My Mix Crop Sack Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Naff24(f): 7:18pm On Jan 29, 2016
Destined2win:
Good one.

When I become President, I will prioritize giving people like you big loans to invest in Agriculture.

Pikin wey talk say na pigeon head him go dey chop wen he grows up, na pigeon head no go gree make him grow.

Before u become d president, he would have ruled over ur generations undecided undecided
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by HomeOfMe(f): 7:20pm On Jan 29, 2016
vanpeele:
Hello everyone,

I recently began a sack farming project to see how possible it was to grow cucumbers in sacks. I'll like to announce that it was a successful endeavour. For those who don't have land to farm on, you all have no more excuse. It's as easy as just putting soil (which is free) in a sack and that's it. I thank all the agric, vegetables and cucumber lords of this forum. Una don try and una still dey try. Please enjoy the pics...they speak better.

Please feel free to ask any questions... grin
Sorry please I'm a novice here,what is sack farm?
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by plonuh: 7:23pm On Jan 29, 2016
I'd like to go into this farming,how can I gt a guide on this type of farmin or replace manua
Plonuh@yahoo.com
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Khalhabs(m): 7:24pm On Jan 29, 2016
vanpeele:
Hello everyone,

I recently began a sack farming project to see how possible it was to grow cucumbers in sacks. I'll like to announce that it was a successful endeavour. For those who don't have land to farm on, you all have no more excuse. It's as easy as just putting soil (which is free) in a sack and that's it. I thank all the agric, vegetables and cucumber lords of this forum. Una don try and una still dey try. Please enjoy the pics...they speak better.

Please feel free to ask any questions... grin

Wow this is wonderful, I'll emphasize on this “cucumber sack” method soon..Ok, OP please I have a question and a favour to ask you please
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Stanleyobey: 7:25pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nice one,please how did you mix the soil,what quantity of manure and soil did u mix together,please share.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by 4nobody4every1: 7:28pm On Jan 29, 2016
lalasticlala:
Wow! Nice one..

I heard some ladies like to eat cucumber.. Hope They patronize u well... grin
......if l hear.... grin grin
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by JOAN11(f): 7:28pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nice job,that concumber i saw near the bottle tho tongue

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Donvitalis(m): 7:32pm On Jan 29, 2016
Can it grow on any soil? I'm very interested.

I, meanwhile, appreciate your ingenuity.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 29, 2016
Wow cool
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by panch001(m): 7:33pm On Jan 29, 2016
M interested automated farming there are things we should talk about i am from kaduna too send me ur number i will call u. this is my mail address audu4ni@gmail.com
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jan 29, 2016
Destined2win:
Good one.

When I become President, I will prioritize giving people like you big loans to invest in Agriculture.
u no like op ooo...hw can u say wen u become a president wen u know is almost impossible...though nothing is impossible
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by HARDDON: 7:40pm On Jan 29, 2016
lalasticlala:
Wow! Nice one..

I heard some ladies like to eat cucumber.. Hope They patronize u well... grin

shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by MissSlimbody(f): 7:41pm On Jan 29, 2016
This is beautiful smiley
God bless your hustle
@Vanpeele, what kinda soil did you use.
Please, tell us all you can.

Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by lielbree: 7:43pm On Jan 29, 2016
ShakurM:
For some reason, I just like that 2nd to the last picture grin

Your dirty mind grin wink
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Ganjafama(m): 7:47pm On Jan 29, 2016
vanpeele:
For those who don't have land to farm on, you all have no more excuse. It's as easy as just putting soil (which is free) in a sack and that's it.
Good concept @op. What of those of us who live in face-me-I-face-you house with no space for farming? Abi we go suspend the bags for air? Which ever way you look at it, you still need land (space).

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Bishops10(m): 7:47pm On Jan 29, 2016
vanpeele:
@Austin234 I have 300 sacks. The sacks cost me nothing cos I approached a block maker for the cement bags but in Kaduna you can get them for 50 naira for a dozen, 5 or 10 naira for one. The soil is free.

Bought 5 bags of cow manure @ 200 per size 6 sack, so that's 1k.
Pesticide (fighter 35ec 500ml) for 1k, Murano F1 for 4900 naira at the time (the price is now 6500 due to dollar) and the other varieties for free grin. In total that's 6900 naira.

Didn't sell my first harvest. Shared it for blessing sake but my second harvest (this Wednesday), I harvested two bags from three rows. Market price was 1500 per bag. Sold mine at 2500 grin. Cucumbers on the other rows are still growing in size so I hope I have more next week. I hope this helps.
After all this and you tell me you arnt gonna hit it hard very soon....Thunder fire laziness.
Keep it up bro

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by spafu(m): 7:49pm On Jan 29, 2016
This is so nice. I am also base in Kaduna and would like to meet with you if you don't mind. Thanks
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by MARIOKAGRO: 7:54pm On Jan 29, 2016
This is wonderful. wow. Bro, pls can you drop me your phone line or email.
Nice work. God bless your hustle
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by HRich(m): 7:58pm On Jan 29, 2016
vanpeele:
@HRich well it's the context. when you speak with an average Nigerian about farming he/she would say no "farm" land or capital. The point of all this is that any space or land (not land for bush) can be farmed on. Good question though.
Thanks and sorry if i put my question wrong or maybe you misunderstood it the wrong way. I love farming too.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Healthilyea: 8:02pm On Jan 29, 2016
maaaan dis is so nice, May God bless ur hustle real good. thumbs up!
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by jamace(m): 8:06pm On Jan 29, 2016
Good one there, OP. cool
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by beadaholic(f): 8:06pm On Jan 29, 2016
[quote author=ShakurM post=42425602]For some reason, I just like that 2nd to the last picture grin[/quot
Your mind is dirty
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by permanentgrace(m): 8:09pm On Jan 29, 2016
JOAN11:
Nice job,that concumber i saw near the bottle tho tongue

You like that one?
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by jonaboy: 8:10pm On Jan 29, 2016
@Vanpeele please which area of Kaduna are you staying? I stay in Kaduna too and will like to visit your farm and see things first hand. Do please send your phone number to me via jonaseph@yahoo.com. Thanks for sharing this encouraging story. i am planning to go into sack farming too.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by maxwinno: 8:18pm On Jan 29, 2016
Ladies like eating cucumber!!!! Buh I hav a question! Are dey eating it from the mouth or else where!!!!! Had a case of two unn ladies who ate deas from d oda side!!!!!
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by justmenoni: 8:20pm On Jan 29, 2016
Op, if dey put d sand in d sack they would still need to put it in a place which is still a land.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 8:21pm On Jan 29, 2016
@fkj950ax

1. yes
2. Agritropic Murano and Nagano. Murano is more tolerant too cold weather and the best. The other two I bought from Johnny's seeds (check online).
3. Depends on weather, nutrients and variety but between 40-70 days.

Send me a message.

@dovelike no it's not. Grows out from the stem.

@Donvitalis federal college of forestry recommends top soil, sharp sand and cow manure @ 3:1:1 ratio respectively. I used black soil (burnt waste from the city) and cow manure.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by bizgai(m): 8:24pm On Jan 29, 2016
Good Job bro, God bless us husle
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 8:32pm On Jan 29, 2016
@macklef LOL. It musn't be plenty sacks. You can have 5 or 10 in your house. Just plant your favorite crop. When it matures you won't need to go to the market to buy. Saves you small change.

@HomeOfMe sack Farming is basically planting in sacks that has soil in them instead of open ground.

@plonuh Get a sack, pour in suitable soil mixed with cow manure (NEVER USE CHICKEN MANURE) and plant any crop you like.

@Khalhabs Go ahead

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by JOAN11(f): 8:34pm On Jan 29, 2016
permanentgrace:

You like that one?
yes boo boo wink
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by macklef(m): 8:36pm On Jan 29, 2016
vanpeele:
@macklef LOL. It musn't be plenty sacks. You can have 5 or 10 in your house. Just plant your favorite crop. When it matures you won't need to go to the market to buy. Saves you small change.

Hmmm, u made a valid point there sha. Is it d seedlings thats inside d cucumber one wil use?
Cos where to get d seed na the ish.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by nzeobi(m): 8:36pm On Jan 29, 2016
minnato:

Hahaha grin if all the graduates had this, they would still be talking of unemployment.. because there would be more sellers than buyers.
Export nko with others in animal husbandry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria / Acres Of farmland For Sale At N60,000 Per Acre / How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.