Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna - Agriculture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna (149911 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) / My Little Ginger Sack Farm In The South East / Sack Farming : Diary Of My Mix Crop Sack Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 1:35pm On Mar 08, 2016
dwal:
Am in lagos where can i get the cucumber seeds.

Go through the thread
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 08, 2016
Cossycute:
Hope to buy the two and check the one that yeilds better.pls can i come and see ur farm if you dont mind.BBM-235699F4.
Ok.
I will start the sack farming likely next week. I will keep you updated. The one I grew last was directly on a farm land near Ajaokuta.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 9:50pm On Mar 09, 2016
Hello once again. Harvested 4 and a half bags yesterday from the grounders. That's 3 days after the first harvest (murano power). Anyways this thread is about sackers. I've decided to plant something else but the seeds are scarce. I'll let you guys know about it if I eventually get the seeds.

I was told that someone in Jos has started sack farming (exactly like mine) and it was shown on NTA. Even the commissioner of agric in Jos was excited about it (as I was told). If it's true, please he/she should share to encourage others. Thanks
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by 9jabox(m): 10:34pm On Mar 09, 2016
Could you kindly drop me your contact on abi_emmanuel@yahoo.com I'd like to make some enquiries from you please.
Thanks.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by 11THsage: 5:39pm On Mar 15, 2016
Dr. Peele
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by cleavon(m): 12:18am On Mar 16, 2016
Please where is your farm in kaduna. I will love to pay a visit to your farm.so that you can teach about cucumber farm

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by cleavon(m): 12:51am On Mar 16, 2016
Thanks for all the messages..I am a corper in kaduna state. And I really want to go into cucumber farming. Please I want to learn from you. I have sent you a BB request. Mine is 2A9745C0..and my email address is amidiagbe@gmail.com
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 10:54am On Mar 16, 2016
cleavon:
Thanks for all the messages..I am a corper in kaduna state. And I really want to go into cucumber farming. Please I want to learn from you. I have sent you a BB request. Mine is 2A9745C0..and my email address is amidiagbe@gmail.com

It's at Afaka....on your way to the airport.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 10:54am On Mar 16, 2016
11THsage:
Dr. Peele
Dr sage
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by chiomilisa(f): 8:23pm On Mar 16, 2016
Wanting to learn
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 6:18pm On Mar 18, 2016
Hi everyone, sorry for the hiatus. The Fulani (agwai) problem I'm facing is a never ending one. If it continues on the current trajectory one or both parties will get seriously hurt.

So I've decided to relocate to the city but currently searching for a fenced one or two plot land (preferably with well, tap or borehole) to scale. Security is a major issue in this country. Everyone does as they please, especially the cowboys. Two folks were kidnapped just last week close to our farm. Them don open new office since cattle rustling no dey pay well.

If you're facing the same problem wherever you're and you or your family member no dey wear khaki or related to Buratai, please stay safe cos them folks are crazy. #peace #staysafe and #SackFarm
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by aquadude15: 1:27pm On Mar 21, 2016
vanpeele:
@AHAIFARM Thanks. I've replied your email.

sir can you kindly give me your Whatsapp contact. help a jobless boy
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by aquadude15: 1:27pm On Mar 21, 2016
vanpeele:
@AHAIFARM Thanks. I've replied your email.

sir can you kindly give me your Whatsapp contact.I so interested in cucumber farming. help a jobless boy
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 1:31pm On Mar 21, 2016
aquadude15:

sir can you kindly give me your Whatsapp contact.I so interested in cucumber farming. help a jobless boy

We're here to help each other. I don't WhatsApp but here's my BBM 58B81615.

There's no such thing as a jobless boy or man. Only your state of mind.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by EMriss(m): 8:23pm On Mar 22, 2016
sir i wll like to partner wit u. dont hav much money sha but i hav great passion for agric,,,pls help a student.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 6:15am On Mar 23, 2016
EMriss:
sir i wll like to partner wit u. dont hav much money sha but i hav great passion for agric,,,pls help a student.

If you go through the thread, you'll see that you need little or no money to start. So no need for partnerships. If you truly have a passion for agric...then you can start with a least one sack then gradually build up the numbers.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by EMriss(m): 10:31am On Mar 23, 2016
vanpeele:

If you go through the thread, you'll see that you need little or no money to start. So no need for partnerships. If you truly have a passion for agric...then you can start with a least one sack then gradually build up the numbers.
one sack ..hmm but how will one sack encourage me ?? i know u know wat i mean
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 1:33pm On Mar 23, 2016
EMriss:
one sack ..hmm but how will one sack encourage me ?? i know u know wat i mean

I started with one. If one doesn't encourage you, 10000 won't. If you can't manage one or two or three, you can't manage 10.

I think you know what I mean.

4 Likes

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by dannymoniq: 3:11pm On Mar 23, 2016
I av sent u an invitation on bbm twice nw bt no response from u. I'll appreciate if u could send me ur contact cos I came towards NDA new site n could not locate d place. So I thinks ur contact will help me locate u beta. My own contact is 08033016581. My mail is bishopdannyton@gmail.com
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 3:53pm On Mar 23, 2016
dannymoniq:
I av sent u an invitation on bbm twice nw bt no response from u. I'll appreciate if u could send me ur contact cos I came towards NDA new site n could not locate d place. So I thinks ur contact will help me locate u beta. My own contact is 08033016581. My mail is bishopdannyton@gmail.com

Gimme your BBM PIN. I'll add you myself. I added all the requests I've received.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by dondo83(m): 5:15pm On Mar 23, 2016
vanpeele:

Gimme your BBM PIN. I'll add you myself. I added all the requests I've received.

hello, i just added you on bbm..contact name is dondo.
Thank you
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 6:28pm On Mar 23, 2016
dondo83:

hello, i just added you on bbm..contact name is dondo. Thank you
Ok no p
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 24, 2016
@vanpeele Is it half of the regular cement bag you use?
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 9:56pm On Mar 24, 2016
resilent:
@vanpeele Is it half of the regular cement bag you use?

Regular...I just fold it inwards. That way it lasts longer.
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 25, 2016
@vanpeele
The cement bags I have has been cut into two, can i use it?
How often do I need to wet the cucumber after planting it in the sack?
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 8:19pm On Mar 25, 2016
resilent:
@vanpeele
The cement bags I have has been cut into two, can i use it?
How often do I need to wet the cucumber after planting it in the sack?

Hmm...yes you can but I doubt if it'll last long. Next time, fold the sacks inwards. Everyday. The goal is to keep the soil moist (not waterlogged).
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by dannymoniq: 3:03pm On Mar 26, 2016
Had an eye opener 2day wen I visited d cucumber sack farm in Kaduna dis mrn. D tour n on - d - job traning was jst wonderful n mind blowing. I even joined in harvesting. Whaoooooo. Can't wait to kick off mine.

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 5:43pm On Mar 26, 2016
dannymoniq:
Had an eye opener 2day wen I visited d cucumber sack farm in Kaduna dis mrn. D tour n on - d - job traning was jst wonderful n mind blowing. I even joined in harvesting. Whaoooooo. Can't wait to kick off mine.

Thank you for gracing the farm with your footsteps. A visiting nairalander in the farm is a very good fertilizer for the crops.

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by EMriss(m): 9:46pm On Mar 26, 2016
pls wen am i coming?? i am on the queue
Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 10:29pm On Mar 26, 2016
EMriss:
pls wen am i coming?? i am on the queue

There's no queue...Today was the last harvest but anytime you're ready we can arrange a meeting..

1 Like

Re: My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna by vanpeele: 1:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
I happy and proud to show another sack farm by a nairalander a.k.a. kaybosedemi. I'm already learning. That stringing sha and arrangement tight die.

I'll be glad if anyone else can post there's here or a new thread sef or send the pix to me to post (that's if you're shy).

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (24) (Reply)

Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria / Acres Of farmland For Sale At N60,000 Per Acre / How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.