Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,669 members, 7,820,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

How Metuh Funded Presidential Campaign of The PDP during the 2015 Election - EFC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Metuh Funded Presidential Campaign of The PDP during the 2015 Election - EFC (852 Views)

‘How Metuh Disbursed N400m For Media Project’ - Witness / How Metuh Funded Jonathan’s Media Campaign From Dasuki’s Money – EFCC / APC Spent More Than PDP During Elections - Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Metuh Funded Presidential Campaign of The PDP during the 2015 Election - EFC by Silsilah: 8:44am On Jan 29, 2016
How Metuh funded Jonathan’s media campaign from Dasuki’s money – EFCC
January 28, 2016

• National Publicity Secretary, Peoples Democratic Party, Mr. Olisa Metuh, appearing for his trial at the Federal High Court in Abuja... on Tuesday. Photos: Olatunji Obasa

Ade Adesomoju, Abuja

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Thursday at a Federal High Court in Abuja tailored its case to the allegation that the National Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party Chief Olisa Metuh, used the N400m he allegedly received from the Office of the National Security Adviser in November 2014, to fund the party’s presidential campaign for the 2015 general elections.

The anti-graft agency on Thursday called as its fifth prosecution witness – the Managing Director of CMC Connect, Mr. Yomi Badejo-Okusanya – whose firm was engaged for media publicity and “image management” job for the PDP and its then presidential candidate in the 2015 general elections, former President Goodluck Jonathan.

Badejo-Okusanya told the presiding judge, Justice Okon Abang, that he was paid a total of N77.5m through Metuh’s firm, Destra Investments Limited in December 2014 and that he started executing the job towards the end of the month.

He said the payment, which he got from Metuh’s firm, followed a meeting which he attended with former President Jonathan, the then Vice President, Namadi Sambo, the former Senate President, David Mark, and a number of other top government functionaries of the then PDP-led government, at the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

The witness said, “Our first part of the work which we did was to get Nigerians to appreciate the roles of the military in the fight against Boko Haram, in general, insurgency.”

Under cross-examination by the defence counsel, Mr. Onyechi Ikpeazu (SAN), the witness confirmed that he was given the job due to his proficiency in “image positioning management” and his relationship with the PDP.

When asked to confirm that “when the first defendant (Metuh) called you telling you that the President was impressed, the first defendant acting for the President,” Okusanya Badejo responded by saying, “That was what he told me”.

He also gave a response to a question that there was nothing unusual about the job he did for the party.

Bundles of the documents containing the evidence of publication of the various materials in the newspapers, and certificates of broadcast in the electronic media, invoices and cheque vouchers relating to the media jobs done, were admitted as exhibits.

Also on Thursday, a bureau de change operator, Kabiru Ibrahim, who testified as the sixth prosecution witness, narrated how he was engaged by an employee of a financial service firm, Arms and Resource Management Limited, Nneka Ararume, to change the sum of $1m, which the prosecution alleged was provided in cash by Metuh, to naira.

The EFCC had on January 15 arraigned Metuh and his Destra Investments Limited on seven counts of fraudulent receipt of N400m from the NSA office in November 2014 and money laundering involving separate sum of $2m cash transaction.

In the counts one and two, the EFCC alleged that Metuh and Destra Investments Limited “took possession” of the sum of N400m from the account of the Office of the NSA with the Central Bank of Nigeria without contract award.

The prosecution also alleged in count four that between November 2014 and March 2015, Metuh and the firm used the said N400m for the campaign activities of the PDP and other purposes while “having reason to know that the money directly represented proceeds of an unlawful activity of Colonel Mohammed Sambo Dasuki (retd).”

It alleged that the N400m was “part of the proceeds of an unlawful activity” of the immediate past NSA, Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.).

Justice Abang has adjourned further trial till February 4.
Source
http://www.punchng.com/how-metuh-funded-jonathans-media-campaign-from-dasukis-money-efcc/

1 Like

Re: How Metuh Funded Presidential Campaign of The PDP during the 2015 Election - EFC by dani3(m): 8:56am On Jan 29, 2016
What about how amaechi funded buhari presidential campaign 2015, please the EFCC should stop chasing shadows, they know the right peopld to probe. E.g lie muhammed, Amaechi, Rochas, Oshiomole. etc

1 Like

Re: How Metuh Funded Presidential Campaign of The PDP during the 2015 Election - EFC by AngryNigerian(m): 9:07am On Jan 29, 2016
If Metuh had joined APC before now, would he have been facing all these by now

Anyway, lemme not sound apologetic for criminals...
Prosecute him & all others...but prosecute similar ones like Amaechi & Atiku...or are they SACRED COWS
Re: How Metuh Funded Presidential Campaign of The PDP during the 2015 Election - EFC by Nobody: 9:09am On Jan 29, 2016
smiley
Re: How Metuh Funded Presidential Campaign of The PDP during the 2015 Election - EFC by kaypling(m): 9:14am On Jan 29, 2016
AngryNigerian:
If Metuh had joined APC before now, would he have been facing all these by now

Anyway, lemme not sound apologetic for criminals...
Prosecute him & all others...but prosecute similar ones like Amaechi & Atiku...or are they SACRED COWS

Saraki that was facing trial, didn't you guys call him a witch that was being hunted. The day they carry Atiku, you guys will say its because Buhari is scared of him because Atiku is nursing a presidential ambition. When he arrests Amaechi, it'll be he's from the SS that's the reason. He collected Amaechi's money and threw in prison because SS. We know your games, as long the thieves being arrested are not innocent it'll keep going on, no matter the spin some of y'all put on it.

2 Likes

Re: How Metuh Funded Presidential Campaign of The PDP during the 2015 Election - EFC by kidgod: 9:29am On Jan 29, 2016
OK [size=24pt]Kidgod [/size]
Re: How Metuh Funded Presidential Campaign of The PDP during the 2015 Election - EFC by AngryNigerian(m): 9:30am On Jan 29, 2016
kaypling:

Saraki that was facing trial, didn't you guys call him a witch that was being hunted. The day they carry Atiku, you guys will say its because Buhari is scared of him because Atiku is nursing a presidential ambition. When he arrests Amaechi, it'll be he's from the SS that's the reason. He collected Amaechi's money and threw in prison because SS. We know your games, as long the thieves being arrested are not innocent it'll keep going on, no matter the spin some of y'all put on it.

Wait, is it now a crime to #SayMyMind, huh

Please, dont link me with this your baseless fight btw 'wailers' & 'dullards'...

I'm just an #AngryNigerian, & i'm just trying to #MakeReasonableSense!!!
Re: How Metuh Funded Presidential Campaign of The PDP during the 2015 Election - EFC by kaypling(m): 9:41am On Jan 29, 2016
AngryNigerian:

Please, dont link me with this your baseless fight btw 'wailers' & 'dullards'...

I'm sorry I associated you with anyone.. my bad. Your statement just sounds like every other wailer's out there. If you were really angry, I think you'll be more angry at these thieves and these revelations than those that haven't been arrested yet. But hey, you have a right to your opinion, do not forget however that this is a public forum
Re: How Metuh Funded Presidential Campaign of The PDP during the 2015 Election - EFC by yemmynoni: 9:43am On Jan 29, 2016
AngryNigerian:

but the man jst said the obvious
Re: How Metuh Funded Presidential Campaign of The PDP during the 2015 Election - EFC by AngryNigerian(m): 10:09am On Jan 29, 2016
kaypling:

I'm sorry I associated you with anyone.. my bad. Your statement just sounds like every other wailer's out there. If you were really angry, I think you'll be more angry at these thieves and these revelations than those that haven't been arrested yet. But hey, you have a right to your opinion, do not forget however that this is a public forum

It's not always nice (even though most pple would be glad with the results @ the long run) to go after pple & make it sound as if there's an undertone...& most at times, such moves end up 'losing the trail' (or they'll make it seem so, which is a PDP style to send a mesg across). For instance, former gov. Orji Kalu is being hounded since 2008. His case went dry for years and they want to bring it up now that he's contesting for a position & no-one should give me that crap of "it was a coincidence!!!

For Saraki, there was a political undertone, like 'shebi you no wan doubale for us? U go hear nwiii!'...& you could see the handwriting everywhere! And I dared to ask, "would they have gone after him if he gave up his Senate Presidency ambition?"

As I de here, i'm so eager to see Saraki, Amaechi, Fashola, Atiku, OBJ, Buhari, Otuoke, Wike, Elechi, Sullivan, El-rafia, IBI, Tinumbru, all of them incarcerated & haunted if it is proven that they "dipped" their fingers in our "pot of soup"!!!
Re: How Metuh Funded Presidential Campaign of The PDP during the 2015 Election - EFC by Silsilah: 10:16am On Jan 29, 2016
dani3:
What about how amaechi funded buhari presidential campaign 2015, please the EFCC should stop chasing shadows, they know the right peopld to probe. E.g lie muhammed, Amaechi, Rochas, Oshiomole. etc
Bros, it's not my business who gets investigated first or last, all I want is whoever has stolen from our coffee should return it and save us this continues drama of Court and Efcc. If you have any petition against Amaechi, Saraki and the likes, please visit the Efcc office close to you.

(1) (Reply)

Politics Without Bitterness: Anambra As A Model For A New Nigeria- Pictures / Makeover In Enyimba City! / Bailout Funds: NLC Confronts Okorocha Over Arrest Of Top Aides By The EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.