Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Why Is Praying For Others Important? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Praying For Others Important? (879 Views)

Praying For Someone To Die Is It Biblical? / What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Praying For Others Important? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:16pm On Jan 29, 2016
Why is praying for others important? Does the Bible teach us to pray for others?
Re: Why Is Praying For Others Important? by emeraldknytt(m): 3:27pm On Jan 29, 2016
OLAADEGBU:
Why is praying for others important? Does the Bible teach us to pray for others?
why do you.. you gan gan... say amen when someone prays for you

1 Like

Re: Why Is Praying For Others Important? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:32pm On Jan 29, 2016
emeraldknytt:

why do you.. you gan gan... say amen when someone prays for you

Who told you that I say 'amen' to anyone who prays for me?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Praying For Others Important? by cckris: 3:34pm On Jan 29, 2016
GIVING is the foundation of Christianity. God gave His WORD, & whosoever RECEIVES, must learn to give. And everyone can give prayers.
Besides, the more anyone gives, the more the person receives. An INFALABLE bible principle.
Re: Why Is Praying For Others Important? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 29, 2016
I just pray different kind of prayers for different people. No wholesale prayers.

I also don't take prayers from ANYBODY, most importantly those laying hands on peoples head. You never know what they are imparting on your spirit. Dangerous habit.
Re: Why Is Praying For Others Important? by analice107: 5:35pm On Jan 29, 2016
Muafrika2:
I just pray different kind of prayers for different people. No wholesale prayers.

I also don't take prayers from ANYBODY, most importantly those laying hands on peoples head. You never know what they are imparting on your spirit. Dangerous habit.

Thank you my brother, *dangerous habits*.
Some pastors just can't fight off sextual immorality, and it's a spirit. if you allow them lay hands o you, you may find urself struggling with it, something you may have overcome long ago. Pray but don't touch me. Amen is enough.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Praying For Others Important? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 29, 2016
analice107:

Some pastors just can't fight off sextual immorality, and it's a spirit. if you allow them lay hands o you, you may find urself struggling with it, something you may have overcome long ago. Pray but don't touch me. Amen is enough.
That's true, people dont understand the significance of laying hands. It's a way of subduing the other person and subjecting them to the Authority of the one that is laying on hands. Saved or not. Whatever spirit they have becomes not just shared, but in a place of authority.

Even my friends are not allowed to lay their hands on my head and linger without reasonable cause.
Re: Why Is Praying For Others Important? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:41am On Feb 14, 2016
cckris:

GIVING is the foundation of Christianity. God gave His WORD, & whosoever RECEIVES, must learn to give. And everyone can give prayers.
Besides, the more anyone gives, the more the person receives. An INFALABLE bible principle.

In other words, give and it shall come back to you. smiley
Re: Why Is Praying For Others Important? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:18pm On Feb 16, 2016
cckris:

True. It's not only money we give we should also pray for one another and we would receive in return.
Re: Why Is Praying For Others Important? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:19pm On Feb 16, 2016
Muafrika2:

Good idea. cool

1 Like

Re: Why Is Praying For Others Important? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:20pm On Feb 16, 2016
analice107:

You are wise. smiley
Re: Why Is Praying For Others Important? by lizbethy: 4:13pm On Feb 16, 2016
Praying for others goes a long way especially in time of difficulties, and its stated in the bible that we should intercede for others
Re: Why Is Praying For Others Important? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:45pm On Mar 01, 2016
lizbethy:

Praying for others goes a long way especially in time of difficulties, and its stated in the bible that we should intercede for others

Good point. smiley

"Brethren, pray for us" (1 Thessalonians 5:25).

(1) (Reply)

The Whole Story About Jesus Christ Was Fabricated- Bible Scholar / Why Is Tb Joshua Hated By Nigerian Churches / a

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.