Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,823 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Ondo State University Of Science And Technology Recruitment For Academic And Non - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ondo State University Of Science And Technology Recruitment For Academic And Non (514 Views)

Nigerian College Of Aviation Technology Recruitment / Federal University Of Oye-Ekiti, FUOYE Recruiting For Academic And Non-academic / Edo University Massive Recruitment For Academic And Non-academic Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ondo State University Of Science And Technology Recruitment For Academic And Non by Greekie: 5:15pm On Jan 29, 2016
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL VACANCY ADVERTISEMENT FOR PRINCIPAL OFFICERS AND OTHER POSITIONS IN THE UNIVERSITY.

Ondo State University of Science and Technology (OSUSTECH) was established by law of the Ondo State House of Assembly in December 2007. The University commenced academic activities on January 10, 2011 first from the take-off site now known as the Mini Campus and subsequently at the Permanent Site now known as the Main Campus. The two campuses are located in Idepe-Okitipupa and Igodan-Lisa, all in Okitipupa Local Government Area in the Southern Senatorial District of
Ondo State.

OSUSTECH is a technology-based Institution which aims at providing the needed manpower training in order to address the critical and technological development of Ondo State and Nigeria as a whole. The University is offering programmes in Mathematical, Chemical, Biological and Physical Sciences. In addition, there are interdisciplinary academic centres including the Centre for Entrepreneurship and Leadership Training, OSUSTECH and the Centre for Gender, Research and Linkages.

Ondo State University of Science and Technology has the vision of becoming a leading internationally recognized institution raising a crop of technologically, competent individuals able to respond to the needs of their environment in a technology-driven economy. The University seeks
to provide sound, scientific, technological and professional training and also identifies technological needs and sustainable development. Ondo State University of Science and Technology is committed to the enthronement of highest academic and moral standards.

3.1 ACADEMIC STAFF POSITIONS
3.2 DEPARTMENTS:
(i) CHEMICAL SCIENCES:

Biochemistry
(a) Professor - Molecular Biology & Genetic Engineering, Enzymology, Toxicology, Food/Post harvest/Nutritional Biochemistry, Medical Biochemistry, Membrane/Lipid Biochemistry.
(b) Reader - Ditto
(c) Senior Lecturer - Ditto
(d) Lecturers I & II - Ditto

Industrial Chemistry
(a)Professor - Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry , Physical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry,
Environmental Chemistry.
(b)Reader - Ditto
(d)Lecturers I & II - Ditto

(ii) PHYSICAL SCIENCES:
Physics
(a) Professor - Electronic, Theoretical/Mathematical Physics, Atmospheric Physics, Meteorology
(b) Reader - Ditto

Geophysics
(a) Professor - Electronic, Condensed Matter Physics, Geophysics and any other area of Geology and
Meteorology
(b) Reader - Ditto

(iii) MATHEMATICAL SCIENCES:
Computer Science and Mathematics
(a) Professor - Any area of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science.
(b) Reader - Ditto
(d) Lecturer I & II - Ditto

(iv) BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES:
Microbiology, Botany, Zoology, Fisheries and Aquaculture (a)Professor - Microbiology, Botany, Zoology, Fisheries and Aquaculture
(b) Reader - Ditto

(v) GENERAL AND ENTREPRENEURIAL STUDIES UNIT:
(a) Reader - Arts, Management/Social Sciences, Humanities
(b) Lecturer I - Ditto
(c) Assistant Lecturer - Entrepreneurial Technology
(d) Assistant Lecturer - Vocational Technology

3.2 QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED

(i) Professor:
Salary CONUASS 07
Candidates must:
(a) Possess a minimum of Ph.D in the relevant fields;
(b) Have at least 15 years of teaching and research experience in the University System;
(c) Show academic leadership through jobs in nigeria postgraduate supervision and be able to attract research grants from both local and international funding agencies;
(d) Show academic excellence through publications in recognized local and international journals;
(e) Have at least twenty two (22) recognized publications with at least six (6) in reputable foreign journals;
(f) Be ready to lead various research groups within the department and the university as a whole;
(g) Have a considerable length of administrative experience; and (h) Have spent three (3) years as a Reader.

(ii) Reader:
Salary CONUASS 06
Candidates must:
(b) Have at least 12 years of teaching and research experience in the University System;
(c) Show academic leadership through postgraduate supervision and be able to attract research grants from both local and international funding agencies;
(d) Show academic excellence through publications in recognized local and international journals;
(e) Have at least eighteen (18) recognized publications with at least five (5) in reputable foreign journals;
(f) Be ready to lead various research groups within the department and the university as a whole; and
(g) Have spent three (3) years as Senior Lecturer.

(iii) Senior Lecturer:
Salary CONUASS 05
Academic qualifications required:
Candidates must:
(b) Have at least 9 years of teaching and research experience in the University System;
(c) Show academic leadership through postgraduate supervision and be able to attract research grants from both local and international funding agencies;
(e) Possess at least twelve (12) recognized publications, with at least two (2) in a reputable foreign journals;
(f) Be ready to lead various research groups within the department and the university as a whole; and
(e)Have spent three (3) years as Lecturer I.

(iv) Lecturer I:
Salary CONUASS 04
Candidates must:
(b) Have at least 6 years of teaching and research experience in the University System;
(c) Have at least (5) recognized publications; and (d) Have spent three (3) years as Lecturer II.

(v) Lecturer II: Salary CONUASS 03
Candidates must possess Ph.D degree in the relevant fields.

(vi) Assistant Lecturer:
Salary CONUASS 02
Candidates must possess Bachelor and Master’s degree in the relevant fields with evidence of Ph.D registration in a recognized University.

4.0 UNIVERSITY LIBRARY
(i) Principal Librarian
Candidates must possess:
A good Honours degree with at least Second Class (Lower Division) plus MLS or MLIS or Ph.D in Library Science or Library and Information Science and must have at least nine (9) years
cognate experience in an academic or research Library. He or she must be computer literate.

(ii) Librarian II
Candidates must possess:
A good Honours degree with at least Second Class (Lower Division) plus MLS or MLIS in Library Science or Library and Information Science.
He or she must be computer literate.

5.0 NON – TEACHING STAFF POSITIONS

5.1 REGISTRY
(i) Deputy Registrar (CONTISS 14)
(a)Candidates for the post of Deputy Registrar (CONTISS 14) must possess a good honours degree (minimum of second class lower division in Arts, Social/Management Sciences or Humanities) from a recognized University plus NYSC Discharge Certificate or Evidence of Exemption. Higher qualification will be an added advantage. In addition, candidates must be duly registered member of any of the recognised professional bodies.
(b)Candidates must have at least 12 years relevant post NYSC working experience, which must be in University or comparable Institutions of Higher Learning;
(c) Candidates must not be below the level of Principal Assistant Registrar in a University.
(d)Candidates must have served as Principal Assistant Registrar for at least three (3) years.
(e)Candidates must be Computer literate and must demonstrate proficiency in the deployment of Information Technology in Database Management, e-Registration, e-Administration and
General Information Management. Higher qualification will be an added advantage. In addition, he/she must be a duly registered member of NIM {Chartered}, CIPM or any other equivalent professional bodies.

(ii) Senior Assistant Registrar (CONTISS 11)
(a)Candidates must possess a good honours degree (minimum of second class lower division) in Journalism or Mass Communication from a recognized University or a good Honours degree in any other discipline plus a Diploma in Journalism and must have minimum of nine (9) years cognate
experience in a University or an Institution of comparable status.
(b) A good honours degree (minimum of second class lower division) plus a Masters’ degree in Journalism or Mass Communication from a recognized University or a good Honours degree plus Masters’ degree in any other discipline with a Diploma in Journalism and must have minimum of nine (6) years cognate experience in a University or an Institution of comparable status

5.2 FACULTY OF SCIENCE

TECHNOLOGISTS
Technologist II (CONTISS 7)
Candidates should possess B.Sc/HND with AISLT or MNISLT in the following disciplines, Biochemistry, Botany, Computer Science and Physics.

5.3 UNIVERSITY HEALTH CENTRE
Nursing Officer II (CONTISS 7)
Candidates should possess any of:
i. A good Honours Bachelor degree with a minimum of Second Class (Lower Division) in Nursing from a recognized University and must be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
ii. Nigerian Registered Nurse (NRN) and/or Registered Midwifery (RM) or State Certified Midwife (SCM) certificate from recognized institutions.

5.4 Security Unit
Chief Security Officer (CONTISS 13)
i. Candidates should possess a good honours degree (minimum of second class lower division in Arts, Social/Management Sciences or Humanities) from a recognized University with fifteen (15) years experience in Police or the Armed Forces/Security Services not below the rank of Superintended of
Police or its equivalent.
ii. A good Honours degree in Criminology, Psychology or any other relevant discipline minimum of second class (Lower Division), from a recognized University and not less than nine (9) years experience in Police or the Armed Forces/Security Services not below the rank of Superintended of
Police or its equivalent.

Click the link below for more information on how to apply:
http://reflectjobs..com.ng

(1) (Reply)

'if Wishes Were Horses' / An Experienced Accountant Required- Lekki/ajah, Island Residents Only- Urgent / Independent Marketers Needed For Immediate Employment(abuja, PH, Delta & Ogun)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.