Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Nigera's National ID Number - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigera's National ID Number (1551 Views)

Dogara Receives His National ID Card Today / FG To Link BVN With National ID Card By 2016 / Buhari Presented With His National ID Card (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigera's National ID Number by ProudUSA: 6:57pm On Jan 29, 2016

Read more/source: [url]http://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=you-need-get-your-nin [/url]
The NIN is set to be used for all transactions in Nigeria requiring identity verification so you'll be using your NIN for:

- obtaining your National e-ID card
- travel (international passport application & acquisition)
- opening personal bank accounts
- getting your driver's license
- obtaining your Permanent Voters' Card
- participating in the National Health Insurance Scheme
- payment of your taxes
- transactions related to your contributory pension scheme
- access to welfare and other relevant services from the Nigerian Government
- transactions with social security implications
- land transactions subject to the Land Use Act
- any other transactions NIMC may so prescribe and list in the Federal Government Gazette

Your NIN is your personal information so keep it away from prying eyes!

So NIN is like the National Insurance Number in the UK and social security number in the US?
Re: Nigera's National ID Number by bigtt76(f): 7:04pm On Jan 29, 2016
Number is so confusing can't be recited off heart angry and no way to retrieve same for use on the go. Nice one though
Re: Nigera's National ID Number by zenith4biz(m): 8:05pm On Jan 29, 2016
With
NIN
BVN

Banks would still request for national id card, what are they looking for again?

They will still request for utility bills haba!
Re: Nigera's National ID Number by toprealman: 8:13pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nigeria jagajaga, everything scatter scatter....
Re: Nigera's National ID Number by Bishops10(m): 8:30pm On Jan 29, 2016
Someone should wake me up if this makes FP
Re: Nigera's National ID Number by ProudUSA: 7:54am On Jan 30, 2016
With
NIN
BVN

Banks would still request for national id card, what are they looking for again?

I wonder!
Re: Nigera's National ID Number by vikacydevato(m): 8:00am On Jan 30, 2016
Let's try and see if it works.
Re: Nigera's National ID Number by tinkinjow: 9:09am On Jan 30, 2016
How do one register
If registered how do one collect the card
Re: Nigera's National ID Number by ProudUSA: 12:22am On Jan 31, 2016
How do one register
If registered how do one collect the card
I found these registration steps from their site:
http://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=pre-enrol-online-your-nin
Re: Nigera's National ID Number by ProudUSA: 12:24am On Jan 31, 2016
Let's try and see if it works.
Indeed, it's quite an ambitious project (even other African countries attempting the same initiative).
Re: Nigera's National ID Number by fistonati(m): 1:01am On Jan 31, 2016
NIN is dead on arrival, I registered in April 2013 and was checking constantly at there office, in fact I have known my card details in d course of checking online. I think they should keep it, because I guess they're importing the cards.

When oyinbo dey produce Robots, we dey import dolls for a year baby.
Re: Nigera's National ID Number by ckmayoca: 2:10am On Jan 31, 2016
zenith4biz:
With
NIN
BVN

Cos they r bunch of learned illiterate.
Re: Nigera's National ID Number by chriskosherbal(m): 4:31am On Jan 31, 2016
Nigeria matter hmmm
Re: Nigera's National ID Number by eleojo23: 4:50am On Jan 31, 2016
zenith4biz:
With
NIN
BVN

Nigeria doesn't know how to use information (data) effectively.
We have SIM registration, BVN, NIN, Drivers licence and all of them contain almost the same information. Duplications everywhere.
Re: Nigera's National ID Number by Phame: 7:07am On Jan 31, 2016
fistonati:
NIN is dead on arrival, I registered in April 2013 and was checking constantly at there office, in fact I have known my card details in d course of checking online. I think they should keep it, because I guess they're importing the cards.

When oyinbo dey produce Robots, we dey import dolls for a year baby.
wetin join ur card wey no come with production of robot and importation of doll for a year baby?
If u check nairaland fp, you must have seen pictures of nigerians with no formal education building cars from 'scrap' materials and, one even built a plane. I want to ask you, as an individual, what have u been able to come up with as regards innovation?
Re: Nigera's National ID Number by Lanretoye(m): 8:16am On Jan 31, 2016
Small time some ppl go get access to the data to dey take send useless messages to ppl.
Since 2years now I applied no info abt the card,even wen I checked their website for info nothing about my registration.I'm sure the funds for that purpose has passed through a "-GATE".
Re: Nigera's National ID Number by ProudUSA: 4:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
...because I guess they're importing the cards.

That might honestly just be the problem. Given the project began some 9 years ago, the then NIMC management should have stocked up on cards and equipment before commencing enrolment of over 180 million Nigerians. Poor planning on their part.
Re: Nigera's National ID Number by joliefille(f): 2:34pm On Feb 15, 2016
I did the registration on 17/10/2012. I received a message on 12/02/2016 that the card is ready. I registered at their office in Wuse, while I was living in Abuja, now they're asking me to come for the card between 15th & 26th of February. So now I am to spend about 10,000 on T-fare!

(1) (Reply)

Your Anti-corruption War Is “totally Inconsistent”, Sanusi Tells Buhari / Cartoon Pics: Change of promises and others / Join Occupy Nass March 26-29

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.