Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) (45203 Views)

Governor Fayose Lights Up Ikole Ekiti / Gov. Okorocha Lights Up Owerri - Imo State. / Wike Lights Up Wimpey Area Of Port Harcourt(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by LasgidiOnline(m): 7:54pm On Jan 29, 2016
[img]http://2.bp..com/-VcXgTJP872M/Vqu0BwYhW3I/AAAAAAAAAFY/5viigNDYriw/s1600/lights%2Bup%2Blagos%2Blasgidionline.com.ng.jpg[/img]
Governor Akinwunmi Ambode has taken his ''Operation Light up Lagos'' project to the Third Mainland Bridge.

This Lagos initiative begins from the Ojodu Berger section of the bridge and covers the entire sections of the bridge.

According to a statement signed by Steve Ayorinde, Commissioner for Information and Strategy, the Third Mainland Bridge constitutes an important segment of the road network in the state, as such, the state Government cannot overlook its importance as it also serves as a connecting point to the high brow economic pot of the state.

He further explained that the effort is to fulfill the 24/7 economy promised by the State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode during his electioneering campaign period.

“The economy of Lagos has gone beyond the day driven transactions, as such, the night economy component should be fully developed.

“Every businessman wants to invest in a safe and secured environment. Once an investor is assured that the operating environment is safe and secured; the assurance of more investment is guaranteed,” Ayorinde said.

Other reason for this project, the statement said, is geared towards promoting further collaboration with the Federal Government, which is expected to go a long way to cement a good working relationship as well as boost the economy of the state and Nigeria.

Some other areas that have been lit up under this project include, Ikorodu to Lagos Island, Ikeja, Oshodi, Victoria Island and Ikoyi, Eko Bridge, among others.

http://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2016/01/ambode-lights-up-third-mainland-bridge.html

[img]http://1.bp..com/--f_KKPybL_k/Vqu0GXGxhnI/AAAAAAAAAFg/X6gy_bT8BCI/s1600/lights%2Bup%2Blagos%2Blasgidionline.com.ng2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-qBxvgbah7iM/Vqu0HLkZHcI/AAAAAAAAAFk/uWrhqcVxTp8/s1600/lights%2Bup%2Blagos%2Blasgidionline.com.ng3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-zX9gOkP_yqc/Vqu0IXLgslI/AAAAAAAAAFw/zofvDPd-TGQ/s1600/lights%2Bup%2Blagos%2Blasgidionline.com.ng4.jpg[/img]

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by LasgidiOnline(m): 7:54pm On Jan 29, 2016
Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by zenith4biz(m): 7:57pm On Jan 29, 2016
Doing what he was voted to do

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by peacengine(m): 7:59pm On Jan 29, 2016
Good!

1 Like

Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by mankan2k7(m): 7:59pm On Jan 29, 2016
No big deal

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by vikacydevato(m): 8:01pm On Jan 29, 2016
If this is what they need most in Lagos for now, no problem.

5 Likes

Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by Hishowlau(m): 8:26pm On Jan 29, 2016
Gr8
Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by cronsberg: 8:33pm On Jan 29, 2016
one thing i loved about lagos when i recently went there(first time) was the 24 hourness of live. We arrived at 2am but the traffic girdlock was huge with trailers in there thousands, vegetables and fruits from every part of the country also arriving, taxi men where up and awake ready to take any passengers, factories were busy producing products, some streets while entering lagos was smelling so good as resturants were also busy cooking meals for the day. It was just so amazing seeing hustle and bustle even at 2am. But where i came from, everything close up after 10 or 11pm, it was very boring. The world have moved on since, every capital city in nigeria should be 24hour cities.

182 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by luvinhubby(m): 8:44pm On Jan 29, 2016
Did not campaign or vote for Ambode during the elections, but i am beginning to love this Ambode man as the days go by, silently working, not like the thieving noisemaker Fashola.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:50pm On Jan 29, 2016
cronsberg:
one thing i loved about lagos when i recently went there(first time) was the 24 hourness of live. We arrived at 2am but the traffic girdlock was huge with trailers in there thousands, vegetables and fruits from every part of the country also arriving, taxi men where up and awake ready to take any passengers, factories were busy producing products, some streets while entering lagos was smelling so good as resturants were also busy cooking meals for the day. It was just so amazing seeing hustle and bustle even at 2am. But where i came from, everything close up after 10 or 11pm, it was very boring. The world have moved on since, every capital city in nigeria should be 24hour cities.

Good reporting.
We still need places to escape for the quiet and peace....no lights after sunset, wake up to cock crow, hear the birds sing their lovely tunes, no one is rushing.time, social contacts are close and intimate......

Leave the glimmers and insanity.to the city, dont turn everywhere into Lagos, we will.loose our sanity. lol.

113 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by GenOrumov: 9:34pm On Jan 29, 2016
luvinhubby:
Did not campaign or vote for Ambode during the elections, but i am beginning to love this Ambode man as the days go by, silently working, not like the thieving noisemaker Fashola.
Shebi its us Nigerians that always judge a book by its cover before opening it to check its content.

Non-functional street lights have been a problem in Lagos and Nigeria. Imagine navigating dilapidated roads at night which are poorly lit? Its like embarking on a death mission. My heart is always in my mouth when driving at night in Lagos.

Kudos to the guy.

18 Likes

Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by ODVanguard: 9:39pm On Jan 29, 2016
This is a very commendable development. I imagine how lit-up the city/state would look from the view of an Airplane window. Keep it up Ambode. wink

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by tosyne2much(m): 10:29pm On Jan 29, 2016
Hmmmm this looks good cheesy
Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by phonesNgadgets: 10:29pm On Jan 29, 2016
Wow! smiley This is really beautiful. God bless Gov.Ambode, God bless Lagos and its people!
Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 29, 2016
It is his job undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by Akosxxx(m): 10:30pm On Jan 29, 2016
Eko o ni baje o... O baje tii

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by LydayBobo(m): 10:30pm On Jan 29, 2016
OPCNAIRALAND:

Good reporting.
We still need places to escape for the quiet and peace....no lights after sunset, wake up to cock crow, hear the birds sing their lovely tunes, no one is rushing.time, social contacts are close and intimate......

Leave the glimmers and insanity.to the city, dont turn everywhere into Lagos, we will.loose our sanity. lol.
Supported

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by Topeakintola: 10:30pm On Jan 29, 2016
Progressive01:
Who asked for your opinion Ipod youth?? Go face your market before omo ale steal one of your spare parts ojare.

Nonsense.

Nice one AA+. Gradually, but surely, we'll get there.

grin grin grin

Well done

11 Likes

Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by Oghumu1(m): 10:31pm On Jan 29, 2016
cronsberg:
it depends on the area u went to. There are places u will enter and even get robbed on the road. But Lagos na name grin If I carry u go ikorodu my guy,u go love Lagos o

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by momentoftruth: 10:31pm On Jan 29, 2016
chai, see how arresa lost him job

1 Like

Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by lonelydora: 10:32pm On Jan 29, 2016
Good one. Eko ni baje oooo
Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by Oghumu1(m): 10:33pm On Jan 29, 2016
Come out 3:00am u go still meet hold up for road, dy wonder if Lagosians even dy sleep, hustlers city

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by RedCapChief(m): 10:33pm On Jan 29, 2016
Progressive01:
Who asked for your opinion Ipod youth?? Go face your market before omo ale steal one of your spare parts ojare.
Nonsense.

It is IPOB not IPOD

How are you going to pass your JAMB this year if you can't differentiate between "IPOB" and "IPOD". Spending all your free weekly MTN 150mb on Nairaland ethnic bigotry is not the best use of your time.

Face your books!

25 Likes

Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by Niyinficient(m): 10:34pm On Jan 29, 2016
TMB or d whole lagos? Stale news
Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by luvinhubby(m): 10:35pm On Jan 29, 2016
Progressive01:

Nonsense.

Social miscreant.

12 Likes

Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by OBTMOS(m): 10:36pm On Jan 29, 2016
So fashola no do all those tins since self, y lagosians cm d praise am like dat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by adedam007(m): 10:38pm On Jan 29, 2016
T
Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by kennyman2000(m): 10:38pm On Jan 29, 2016
Nice one
Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by cytellProperty: 10:39pm On Jan 29, 2016
LasgidiOnline:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-VcXgTJP872M/Vqu0BwYhW3I/AAAAAAAAAFY/5viigNDYriw/s1600/lights%2Bup%2Blagos%2Blasgidionline.com.ng.jpg[/img]
Governor Akinwunmi Ambode has taken his ''Operation Light up Lagos'' project to the Third Mainland Bridge.

This Lagos initiative begins from the Ojodu Berger section of the bridge and covers the entire sections of the bridge.

According to a statement signed by Steve Ayorinde, Commissioner for Information and Strategy, the Third Mainland Bridge constitutes an important segment of the road network in the state, as such, the state Government cannot overlook its importance as it also serves as a connecting point to the high brow economic pot of the state.

He further explained that the effort is to fulfill the 24/7 economy promised by the State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode during his electioneering campaign period.

“The economy of Lagos has gone beyond the day driven transactions, as such, the night economy component should be fully developed.

“Every businessman wants to invest in a safe and secured environment. Once an investor is assured that the operating environment is safe and secured; the assurance of more investment is guaranteed,” Ayorinde said.

Other reason for this project, the statement said, is geared towards promoting further collaboration with the Federal Government, which is expected to go a long way to cement a good working relationship as well as boost the economy of the state and Nigeria.

Some other areas that have been lit up under this project include, Ikorodu to Lagos Island, Ikeja, Oshodi, Victoria Island and Ikoyi, Eko Bridge, among others.

http://www.lasgidionline.com.ng/2016/01/ambode-lights-up-third-mainland-bridge.html

[img]http://1.bp..com/--f_KKPybL_k/Vqu0GXGxhnI/AAAAAAAAAFg/X6gy_bT8BCI/s1600/lights%2Bup%2Blagos%2Blasgidionline.com.ng2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-qBxvgbah7iM/Vqu0HLkZHcI/AAAAAAAAAFk/uWrhqcVxTp8/s1600/lights%2Bup%2Blagos%2Blasgidionline.com.ng3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-zX9gOkP_yqc/Vqu0IXLgslI/AAAAAAAAAFw/zofvDPd-TGQ/s1600/lights%2Bup%2Blagos%2Blasgidionline.com.ng4.jpg[/img]

Na light we wan chop?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by joseph1832(m): 10:40pm On Jan 29, 2016
Yes. Lighting up the bridge that lead to the home of imperialism in Nigeria. How about he lights up Alakuko road, Lol.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode Lights Up Third Mainland Bridge (photos) by bigass(f): 10:40pm On Jan 29, 2016
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of A Local Police Station In Kaduna That Have Gone Viral / Court Sacks Oluomo-led Parks, Garages Committee, Reinstates RTEAN / My Experience At Buhari Flag-off Rally In Porthacourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.