Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

Introduction Of N50.00 Stamp Duty Charge: Your Account May Be Exempted - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Introduction Of N50.00 Stamp Duty Charge: Your Account May Be Exempted (1034 Views)

Diamond Bank Reverses The Stamp Duty Charge After These Tweets To Them / Diamond Bank Stamp Duty Charge: Nigerians React / N800 For Stamp Duty Charge? Diamond Bank Sent This Message To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introduction Of N50.00 Stamp Duty Charge: Your Account May Be Exempted by pleadge(m): 8:15am On Jan 30, 2016
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) recently announced the introduction of a Stamp Duty Charge for payments of N1000 and above received into your account.

Effective January 15, 2016, you will be charged N50 as a beneficiary/recipient of funds via cash deposit, cheque deposit or electronic transfers of N1000 and above.
Please see the accounts/transactions that are exempted below;
- Savings accounts
- Salary accounts
- Account transfers to your own account within or outside the bank

Please note that this Stamp Duty Charge applies to transactions of N1000 and above, and NOT every N1000
deposited to your account
source:http://solenzoinfo..com.ng/2016/01/introduction-of-n5000-stamp-duty-charge.html
Re: Introduction Of N50.00 Stamp Duty Charge: Your Account May Be Exempted by segebobo: 8:19am On Jan 30, 2016
Relieved, .. so bubu will not chop my 50 bucks
Re: Introduction Of N50.00 Stamp Duty Charge: Your Account May Be Exempted by datola: 9:20am On Jan 30, 2016
I think it's a better way of generating fund for the FG to fund the budget so far there is assurance it will be judiciously used and not looted.

We still have confidence in PMB.
Re: Introduction Of N50.00 Stamp Duty Charge: Your Account May Be Exempted by OkwaIfugo(m): 3:48pm On Jan 30, 2016
There is no point here. My savings account was charged when inmade payment with POS at an eatery....
Re: Introduction Of N50.00 Stamp Duty Charge: Your Account May Be Exempted by millhouse: 1:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
segebobo:
Relieved, .. so bubu will not chop my 50 bucks
I tell you

(1) (Reply)

‘god Please Save Our Dear NAIRA’!!! Checkout Naira Exchange Rate In AFRICA…. / Please Can Someone Help Me With Where I Can Get These Items In Nigeria. / New Forex Regime To Kick Off At N260/$1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.