Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? (3868 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / 10 Things Every Pregnant Wife Needs From Her Husband / See What This Wife Did To Her Husband(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by gen2genius(m): 5:16pm On Jun 29, 2009
That seems to be the norm. But is it normal?
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by Fhemmmy: 5:20pm On Jun 29, 2009
It is not normal but it is usually the case.
Things that the husband will say and the wife will act up, the boss at the office will say and the woman will say "Yes Sir".
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by gen2genius(m): 5:40pm On Jun 29, 2009
grin grin

So, why the "double-standard"? Is it because one pays in cash and the other in kind? grin
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by Fhemmmy: 5:51pm On Jun 29, 2009
gen2genius:

grin grin

So, why the "double-standard"? Is it because one pays in cash and the other in kind? grin

It is cos once a man sleeps with a woman, she lose respect for the man.
One pays her to live and the other lives to pay her forever.
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by gen2genius(m): 5:54pm On Jun 29, 2009
shocked shocked

*thinking deeply*
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 29, 2009
they arent in the same league at all.
you should respect your boss with everything related to your job, nothing else.
while the respect a woman should have for her husband (it goes both ways) is for absolutely everything (nothing left unturned)
nobody should ever have to choose between the two but if they really must then the husband should be the first priority in her mind.
unless she took the same vows as the marriage ones when she got hired for that job.

1 Like

Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by ifyalways(f): 6:47pm On Jun 29, 2009
Question cheesy
Job that i did not start or build up(even if i did sef) and i can be fired/retrenched/laid back at anytime?
asking where my first loyalty lies is simply ridiculous cos my home(husband and kids) comes first. . .No one or anything comes close. cool
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by gen2genius(m): 7:17pm On Jun 29, 2009
But you can't deny that many women don't respect their husbands as much as they do their bosses (males especially). I mean there are things you say to your husbands that you dare not say to "Oga Sir" in the office. And I don't mean sweet nothings wink grin
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 29, 2009
gen2genius:

But you can't deny that many women don't respect their husbands as much as they do their bosses (males especially). I mean there are things you say to your husbands that you dare not say to "Oga Sir" in the office. And I don't mean sweet nothings  wink grin

still not in the same league.
the women that dont respect their husband is because their husband did something to not get respect from them. if a boss dont deserve the respect from an employee, he will still get it because they pay their salary but it doesnt mean that they view them any higher than the husband who did lose respect. believe me, if every husband were paying salaries to their wives, they wouldnt lose so much respect from them (as long as they wanna keep earning that salary)
there are things you do with your husband that you will never do with your boss.
there are ways that a woman will degrade herself for her husband (and vice versa) that will never happen between co workers. there fore a wife/husband knows lot more about their spouse and therefore thats the reason of the frequent abuse.
how can a wife call her boss a premature ejaculator (or whatever) if she hasnt slept with him?
different relationship, cant never be compared. just as much as the relation a person has with his parents compare to his spouse.
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by Fhemmmy: 7:36pm On Jun 29, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

while the respect a woman should have for her husband (it goes both ways) is for absolutely everything (nothing left unturned)
nobody should ever have to choose between the two but if they really must then the husband should be the first priority in her mind.
unless she took the same vows as the marriage ones when she got hired for that job.

that is well said, however, you should respect your husband in all thingssssssssss
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 29, 2009
It depends:
If your husband work in the same firm as you, then you respect your boss more.

BUT business life and personal life should not in any way in-terrsect.

If your boss is straining your personal life (like telling you to work later than usual, to change schedule or anything that might interfere with your personal life, if possible, I suggest you find another job.

BECAUSE:
You're working to take care of your family (if married and/or with children). If boss says NO and husband says YES and family problem occurs, what would be the point of working when the people you're working to take care of is in disarray and not happy?
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 29, 2009
Fhemmmy:

that is well said, however, you should respect your husband in all thingssssssssss
yes you are right and thats what i meant on the line after that.

MRbrownJAY:

Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 29, 2009
If a woman respects her Male Boss more than her Husband then it's because she sees her Boss as more of a Man. You'd have to be a complete loser for your wife to respect her Boss more than you.
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by Fhemmmy: 12:26pm On Jun 30, 2009
ezinne1212:

If a woman respects her Male Boss more than her Husband then it's because she sees her Boss as more of a Man. You'd have to be a complete loser for your wife to respect her Boss more than you.

I so much disagree with you.
What made a man more of a man? would it be cos of money or cos the guy has a coy? and what made someone a loser? as long as the man doesnt lay his hands on you and he has your interest at heart, even if he is not as loaded as the woman's boss, he is still a real man and should be respected
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 30, 2009
//
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by Fhemmmy: 1:08pm On Jun 30, 2009
chaircover:

A woman should respect everyone around her.

However between a boss & a husband it should certainly be the husband whether he has earned the respect or not. If you marry a dog then your are not so far off yourself.

Most times bad men can be influenced by good women & I am fed up of hearing this tit for tat, do me I do you, God no vex attitude.

Let the boss’s wife respect the boss at home. grin

My 2 cents.

There we go again.
The cover on the chair have spoken, let all "coverless" chair mechonu.
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 30, 2009
//
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by Fhemmmy: 1:14pm On Jun 30, 2009
chaircover:

. . . .someone is going to get a slap soon . . . . . grin grin grin grin grin grin

A slap by chaircover will only cover my chair.
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by spikedcylinder: 1:38pm On Jun 30, 2009
ezinne1212:

Whats the so called sensible woman doing being married to a loser? She's the loser.
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by Fhemmmy: 2:17pm On Jun 30, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Whats the so called sensible woman doing being married to a loser? She's the loser.

Word of the wisdom.
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by pek(m): 3:37pm On Jun 30, 2009
for no reason should pay less respect to her husband than she does to her boss. each derseves his respect. but when in extreme case, the wife should respect and obey her husband b4 any other person.
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 30, 2009
silly thread

oya

why should a man respect his female boss more than his wife cheesy

there are some truly lousy women where I work who have turned some of their subordinates/ contractors to slaves. i KNOW that they won't be taking the sort of shit those women dish out from their wives.

anyway, smarter heads have already pointed out that the heirrachy of the workplace cannot be compared with what obtains in a family setting,

what the hell, there are big ogas in the workplace who are younger than i am. so from a traditional african perspective, they should be calling their older subordinates 'sir' . beans cheesy
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by Gabry(f): 6:25am On Jul 01, 2009
Na waaa! I dont think I can respect my boss more than my husband cause he is my soul partner. . . . .
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by benedictac(f): 9:25am On Jul 01, 2009
Gbam!!!

it is only a fool that will respect her boss more than her husband

no matter how hard u try for these so-called bosses one day u will either be sacked or retrenched and the only person that will stand by u at this time is ur husband.
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by Romeo4real(m): 6:04pm On Jul 03, 2009
This topic actually highlights why a lot of men don't want their wives to work - because they can be her boss (paying her a monthly stipend) , and be her husband at the same time.

Unfortunately, these men have learned that exerting control over money in a some women's lives, is the best way to "get" respect from them. A woman may detest her boss, but as long as he employs and pays her, she will always "respect" him.
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by rubi(f): 7:51pm On Jul 03, 2009
paycheck
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by Fhemmmy: 8:58pm On Jul 03, 2009
rubi:

paycheck

Wrong reason to respect your boss more than your husband.
If my woman respect boss more than me, na iraq against america part II be that oh
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by rubi(f): 4:40am On Jul 04, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Wrong reason to respect your boss more than your husband.
If my woman respect boss more than me, na iraq against america part II be that oh
Disrespect your boss in the office and see how your bills will be paid. You disrespect all the boss that you work with every where you go. There is a big difference b/w respect and submission. A Woman respect her boss and submit to her husband
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by SeanT21(f): 6:07am On Jul 04, 2009
Why in the world will a woman choose to respect her "boss" more than her children's father?? NONSENSE!!~~The only time that will happen is when the "boss" is more than just a "boss".~~
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 04, 2009
Topic.
Nope.
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by ThoniaSlim(f): 11:17am On Jul 04, 2009
Now these are two different men in two different situations! they should both be given respect accordingly. . . but at the end of the day. . .

My Husband is My husband and should be given priority above any other man!
Re: Should A Woman Respect Her Male Boss More Than Her Husband? by gen2genius(m): 12:00pm On Jul 04, 2009
There is a big difference b/w respect and submission. A Woman respect her boss and submit to her husband

I beg to disagree, ma'am wink Why would you submit to someone you don't respect? Is the submission out of fear?

(1) (2) (Reply)

9 Types Of 'Flexible Sex' You Can Have With Your Spouse / Great Offer! 1.2kva Inverter + 200 Ah Battery (tkb Deep Cycle) = N69,900 / Advice: My Sis. What Should I Do? Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.