Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,067 members, 7,953,258 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:10 PM

Meet The Lucky Guy Who Owned The Internet For One Minute - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Meet The Lucky Guy Who Owned The Internet For One Minute (664 Views)

6 Unwritten Rules Of The Internet / Fact File: See How The Seven Keys Of The Internet Work - Naijatechguy / Secret To Get Anything You Want On The Internet For Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Lucky Guy Who Owned The Internet For One Minute by timigate1: 3:07pm On Jan 30, 2016
Sanmay Ved, a former Google employee was lucky enough to own google.com, the internet hub, for one minute. He bought the domain for $12 on September 29, 2015 and went ahead to own the domain for one minute before it was discovered and reversed.
Ved said he was up late browsing Google Domains, which is Google’s website buying service. While there, he discovered that Google.com was available for purchase at an unbelievable price of $12. Long-time readers may recall that Google.com is the most heavily trafficked domain in the world and is kind of a big deal.

“I thought it was some error,” said Ved, “but I could actually complete check out.”
Ved added google.com to his shopping cart and became a proud owner of the “internet” for one minute. He also began receiving emails with internal information, which Ved says he later turned over to Google’s security team.

“The scary part was I had access to the webmaster controls for a minute,” said Ved. Ved’s tenure as the LORD of the net was cool while it lasted, however Google Domains reversed the sale about a minute after the purchase went through and sent him a message that claimed someone had registered the site before he could. Ved was refunded the $12 the domain had cost him. Google however granted him a generous reward for the discovery of the bug in its Domains service. In a heart-warming twist, Ved said he would donate the money (“over $10,000”) to a charity
Source http://www.timigate.com/2016/01/meet-guy-who-owned-internet-for-one.html#more

Re: Meet The Lucky Guy Who Owned The Internet For One Minute by vicraven(m): 3:19pm On Jan 30, 2016
lol
Re: Meet The Lucky Guy Who Owned The Internet For One Minute by timigate1: 3:54pm On Jan 30, 2016
vicraven:
lol
Funny but true
Re: Meet The Lucky Guy Who Owned The Internet For One Minute by techfect: 4:07pm On Jan 30, 2016
The Guy is now a rich man oo! Google paid him lot of money www.techfect.com
Re: Meet The Lucky Guy Who Owned The Internet For One Minute by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jan 30, 2016
If i were him....

I'll have.........

(1) (Reply)

Start A Web Hosting Reseller Busines To Make Over $1000 Monthly / Who Can Help Me With This Simple BLOG Design / Bill Gate 'dabs' With College Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.