Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details (25928 Views)

Get 2.5gb On MTN With Just 1000 Naira. / How To Register Mtn Sim Using Your BVN / Hot: How To Cheat Mtn With Mtn Beta Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by habeeblai244(m): 9:47pm On Jan 30, 2016
My MTN line is partially blocked and I've been getting messages asking me to allow MTN access my BVN to complete the SIM registration. My skepticism won't let me do this. It's not that I don't just trust MTN or something, I'm actually scared of my fellow countrymen working in that company.
A regular Joe working with MTN might receive a 10 million naira payment from someone who needs a thousand BVNs.
Am I overthinking?
Maybe not. Your data is never safe with these companies.

I have a new MTN line I've never used for registration anywhere online and recently, it's receiving promotional messages from Jumia. There can only one explanation to this. Tho my friend told me Jumia and MTN are partner, But why would they start sending promotional msg to me that way. Our Country Men at work.

My bro who Did Jamb Last Year Recieved up to 10sms from one unrecognized polytechnics and college of Edu telling him "he has been offered admission"
pls tell me where they got his number.

So what am try to say is that,
Dont trust MTN with your BVN details. Do you think I will turn down an offer when someone tell me to just give him access to just 1000 BVN details and am gonna get 10millions.

This is my own oppinion, What do you Think??

Source : FROM MY WEBSITE

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by INTROVERT(f): 9:51pm On Jan 30, 2016
Fear telecommunication companies.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by adonbilivit: 9:54pm On Jan 30, 2016
u have a point. tell ur bank u have no phone number then. ur e-mail address should be ok

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by habeeblai244(m): 10:04pm On Jan 30, 2016
adonbilivit:
u have a point. tell ur bank u have no phone number then. ur e-mail address should be ok
will abandon the number

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by Rapsowdee01(m): 12:52am On Jan 31, 2016
OP... ''Reason WHY'' is tautology... It should be ''Reason'' or ''Why''.,......

Just saying

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by slyzy(m): 3:38am On Jan 31, 2016
I don't get? Can one BVN be used to steal their money?

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by dgitrader(m): 5:42am On Jan 31, 2016
BVN is strictly for identity verification. Not a password, pin, signature or authorisation. The fear is unwarranted.
Btw... there isnt personal data protection law existing in nigeria today. So its too late to worry, our personal datas are out there for any interested bidder that knows her way. From inec, frsc, banks, telecoms, church, hospital, emails, professional bodies , employers etc.
Keep ur password, pin, signature or authorisations safe and sensitive, expect the worst, and hope for the best.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by Warlord3000(m): 6:00am On Jan 31, 2016
Lol.. No comment
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by jericco1(m): 7:46am On Jan 31, 2016
That's your belief though.
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 31, 2016
The thing is not even working. You'll be getting invalid request.
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by NnamdiN: 8:19am On Jan 31, 2016
Baseless.

The fact that you wouldn't turn down a #10m naira offer to allow another thief access to "just 1000 BVNs" says so much about you.

Get some integrity young man.

15 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by habeeblai244(m): 8:21am On Jan 31, 2016
Rapsowdee01:

Just saying
oh thanks bro.
It has been modified

7 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by habeeblai244(m): 8:26am On Jan 31, 2016
slyzy:
I don't get? Can one BVN be used to steal their money?
Maybe, but Your data maybe be compromised.
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by falcon01: 8:30am On Jan 31, 2016
as time goes on we are no more secure we don't have privacy all your info are online it can be used to track you. don't think you are alone your every step will be watched. a tracking chip will be made.. it will be placed under your skin to track you .. you are not alone
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by slyzy(m): 8:51am On Jan 31, 2016
habeeblai244:
Maybe, but Your data maybe be compromised.
Okay
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by Cutehector(m): 9:27am On Jan 31, 2016
Come if u dnt want to continue patronizing MTN, u Berra port to another network and stop makin silly noises in here.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by xeun(m): 9:39am On Jan 31, 2016
and who told you that the bankers themself nor dey sell your digit ... grin hungry customer service client

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by Nobody: 9:41am On Jan 31, 2016
falcon01:
as time goes on we are no more secure we don't have privacy all your info are online it can be used to track you. don't think you are alone your every step will be watched. a tracking chip will be made.. it will be placed under your skin to track you .. you are not alone

You are right. Although the way you said it makes it sound very scary. Let's hope they use it effectively. Am not against it if they can use it to curb electronic crime.

and yes
... You are not alone wink

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by Olaone1: 1:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
Rapsowdee01:

Just saying
You are wrong undecided
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by Rapsowdee01(m): 2:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
Olaone1:
You are wrong undecided

I'm ready to learn

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
habeeblai244:
My MTN line is partially blocked and I've been getting messages asking me to allow MTN access my BVN to complete the SIM registration. My skepticism won't let me do this. It's not that I don't just trust MTN or something, I'm actually scared of my fellow countrymen working in that company.
A regular Joe working with MTN might receive a 10 million naira payment from someone who needs a thousand BVNs.
Am I overthinking?
Maybe not. Your data is never safe with these companies.

I have a new MTN line I've never used for registration anywhere online and recently, it's receiving promotional messages from Jumia. There can only one explanation to this. Tho my friend told me Jumia and MTN are partner, But why would they start sending promotional msg to me that way. Our Country Men at work.

My bro who Did Jamb Last Year Recieved up to 10sms from one unrecognized polytechnics and college of Edu telling him "he has been offered admission"
pls tell me where they got his number.

So what am try to say is that,
Dont trust MTN with your BVN details. Do you think I will turn down an offer when someone tell me to just give him access to just 1000 BVN details and am gonna get 10millions.

This is my own oppinion, What do you Think??

Source : FROM MY WEBSITE
you very right , I bought a new mtn sim just for browsing with my modem, but I keep getting text message for fake Job interview.I think These mtn workers do sell out details , it is common with mtn .

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by habeeblai244(m): 11:05pm On Jan 31, 2016
BiggyB242:
you very right , I bought a new mtn sim just for browsing with my modem, but I keep getting text message for fake Job interview.I think These mtn workers do sell out details , it is common with mtn .
even those people who sell Sim can do that also

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by Olaone1: 11:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
Rapsowdee01:

I'm ready to learn
'Reason' is a noun. 'Why' is an adverb (seen as a conjunction by some peeps) . Ergo, 'reason why' is not a tautology, bro.

Also, 'why' appears almost exclusively after the word 'reason'. Just try to use 'why' with any other word. And, I mean not as a pronoun.

Some say it's redundant. But, redundancy is an acceptable feature of language. It's not a bad thing. In Nigeria, we have a lot of this: 'sharp sharp', 'well well' and wait for this; 'etc...etc' grin grin

Read this: http://www.grammarphobia.com/blog/2012/09/reason-why.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
Sending the BVN is not the issue but getting the registration done. After sending my BVN severally with a confirmation message to that effect, my number is still being barred. MTN is just a very dunce network, nothing good about them.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by laurel03(m): 5:31am On Feb 01, 2016
Its not by force to use mtn for bvn registration...
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by lonelydora: 5:31am On Feb 01, 2016
So on point
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by Abudu2000(m): 5:36am On Feb 01, 2016
well I'm not one to fall prey to their tricks and moreover they can have my no all the want,I don't even bother opening any message without a familiar name..
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by bewla(m): 5:36am On Feb 01, 2016
No get am so no time to waist
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by VickyRotex(f): 5:41am On Feb 01, 2016
I called them about 8 hours ago, telling them to help with my sim update as am not around, in order to avoid being disconnected, and the first thing thd lady asked was if I had my BVN. Which I feel it's normal Atleast for Identity verification. I said yes and she said I should send an email to their customercare.

I did and Uptil now, I havent gotten a response.

They should just block the line jare, miolewaku angry angry

Atleast, I havent given out my BVN yet.
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by chukxy44(m): 5:43am On Feb 01, 2016
Ok
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by Rekit: 5:44am On Feb 01, 2016
MTN staff will not divulge customers information for any reason.
BiggyB242:
Re: Why You Should Not Register MTN With Your BVN Details by omojesu202(m): 5:47am On Feb 01, 2016
NnamdiN:
Baseless.

The fact that you wouldn't turn down a #10m naira offer to allow another thief access to "just 1000 BVNs" says so much about you.

Get some integrity young man.

u never chin chum chin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt / We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks / 13 Things You Need To Know About The Tecno L9plus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.