Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,542 members, 7,812,692 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) (21227 Views)

Obiano Visits The Obi Of Onitsha In A Grand Style - Check Photos / Queen Elizabeth Meet Obi Okosi Of Onitsha In 1956 / President Buhari Visits Kaduna As El-Rufai Receives Him (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by banmee(m): 4:07pm On Jan 31, 2016
naija8080:

You are just waking up in Nigeria? He is well accomplished, distinguished, well-learned gentleman. An entrepreneur and a multi billionaire!

HRM. Igwe Nnaemeka Alfred Ugochukwu Achebe, CFR, MNI, serves as Senior Corporate Adviser of Shell International Company Limited, London. HRM. Achebe has a 30 year career within the Shell group of companies and held several top level managerial positions. He served as Managing Director of Diamond Bank Plc. He serves as the Chairman of Universal Insurance Ltd and Omak Maritime Ltd. He has been an Independent Non-Executive Chairman of Unilever Nigeria Plc since July 28, 2011. He served as Chairman of Diamond Bank Plc from January 2007 to December 31, 2014 and as its Director since 2005. He has been a Director of Unilever Nigeria Plc since March 2003 and serves as a Non-Executive Director of EER Norway Ltd. HRM. Achebe served as a Director of Regency Alliance Insurance Company Plc. He served as an Executive Director of Shell Petroleum Development Company from 1988 to 1996. In 2004, He was honoured by the Federal Government of Nigeria with the national merit award of Commander of the Order of the Federal Republic. HRM. Achebe holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry from Stanford University and a Master's in Business Administration from Columbia University.

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=30716761&privcapId=12341766

It is a Nigerian problem. People don't read anymore. Their idea of an engaging conversation is chatting on social media. Worse still is lot of them don't know their history which is why they keep making the same mistakes.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by fippycbk(m): 4:07pm On Jan 31, 2016
raker300:
you say it like it's a bad thing.

The igbos are the only Africans tribe that practiced democracy before the Europeans came. With the "elders" as senators and "umu ada" as "house of rep" wch made the igwe/king not to have absolute power

Hence the statement "Igbo enweghi eze"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by Kangol99(m): 4:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
ok
Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by Schematics: 4:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
Outside the Eze Nri, the Obi of Onitsha is equally the most powerful king East of the Niger recognized by the Federal Government..

naija8080:

You are just waking up in Nigeria? He is well accomplished, distinguished, well-learned gentleman. An entrepreneur and a multi billionaire!

HRM. Igwe Nnaemeka Alfred Ugochukwu Achebe, CFR, MNI, serves as Senior Corporate Adviser of Shell International Company Limited, London. HRM. Achebe has a 30 year career within the Shell group of companies and held several top level managerial positions. He served as Managing Director of Diamond Bank Plc. He serves as the Chairman of Universal Insurance Ltd and Omak Maritime Ltd. He has been an Independent Non-Executive Chairman of Unilever Nigeria Plc since July 28, 2011. He served as Chairman of Diamond Bank Plc from January 2007 to December 31, 2014 and as its Director since 2005. He has been a Director of Unilever Nigeria Plc since March 2003 and serves as a Non-Executive Director of EER Norway Ltd. HRM. Achebe served as a Director of Regency Alliance Insurance Company Plc. He served as an Executive Director of Shell Petroleum Development Company from 1988 to 1996. In 2004, He was honoured by the Federal Government of Nigeria with the national merit award of Commander of the Order of the Federal Republic. HRM. Achebe holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry from Stanford University and a Master's in Business Administration from Columbia University.

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=30716761&privcapId=12341766
Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by MummyTehillah(f): 4:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
See as El Rufai few for their side as dem stand snap.
Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by playtheblues(f): 4:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
Lol @ ewedus.

Mack3N:
Why do I have this feeling that the ewedus want the thread to die a natural death,oh,because nnamdi kanu was not mentioned,coz that's when they always have a recurrent point.
Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by Daniel058(m): 4:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
OBI OF ONITSHA AND CHANCELLOR AT THE SAME TIME??

WELL HIS OBI MAY BE THE ONE WE READ IN PRIMARY 1..'"obi is a boy ''
Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by EverestdeBliu(m): 4:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
That's my anger with all these my Igbo brothers. Why go into Northern regalia? Can't you be in ur own native attire? A traditional ruler at that.
Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
sameer1212:
He came to beg for our "Dilector" Nnamdi Kanu but unfortunately even El Ruffai has no say in the matter. He dare the zoo and the zoo is teaching him how to deal with stubborn animals.

God bless PMB/PYO

God bless Nigeria. angry

Ur name does not show ur background. Obi remains one of the correct first class Igbo Kings. I've never gone after any Nigerian King and it is on record.

Trying to tarnish the image of the Obi from you has given me a free ticket. I can rub stupid into d names of any yoruba or hausa king.

The yoruba guys refused to acknowledge him because they knew that he dwarfs most of em nmanu kings.

Obi Nnaemeka Achebe........ He is just accomplished.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by saintkel(m): 4:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
Eshinwaju:
So obi of onitsha is chancellor of Amadu Bello University...he must be really respected.....I think...?...question to ibos?....is he the highest king in iboland?
Question for the Yorubas if he is will u accord him dat respect?
Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by saintkel(m): 4:29pm On Jan 31, 2016
udordike:

Ur name does not show ur background. Obi remains one of the correct first class Igbo Kings. I've never gone after any Nigerian King and it is on record.

Trying to tarnish the image of the Obi from you has given me a free ticket. I can rub stupid into d names of any yoruba or hausa king.

The yoruba guys refused to acknowledge him because they knew that he dwarfs most of em nmanu kings.

Obi Nnaemeka Achebe........ He is just accomplished.
Chukwu gozie gi nna

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by dikeigbo2(m): 4:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
Eshinwaju:
So obi of onitsha is chancellor of Amadu Bello University...he must be really respected.....I think...?...question to ibos?....is he the highest king in iboland?

You just got F9 for this. Its IIgbo ,not ibo; just got into your thick skull ok.and with other trashy comments you just vomited. F9 guy
Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by Yeske2(m): 4:31pm On Jan 31, 2016
Udmaster:
say what u know and stop displaying ur ignorance in public.
Traditionally, EZE NRI Enwelana II Onyeso, CFR is the Highest King in IGBOLAND and Custodian of Igbo Culture and Deities.
Nri Kingdom is the Oldest Kingdom in Nigeria.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Nri
.. Thank me 4 educating you.
Fact.
Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by dikeigbo2(m): 4:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
dikeigbo2:

You just got F9 for this. Its IIgbo ,not ibo; just got into your thick skull ok.and with other trashy comments you just vomited. F9 guy

IGBO,..... Igbo pls
Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by mykcee(m): 4:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
He is not, obi of nri is the highest obi in igbo land
Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by gracianonn(f): 4:51pm On Jan 31, 2016
Eshinwaju:
omo Yoruba is Igbo not IBO
Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by gracianonn(f): 4:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
saintkel:
Chukwu gozie gi nna
anambra beanyi amaka
Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by KingTom(m): 5:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
raker300:
you say it like it's a bad thing.

The igbos are the only Africans tribe that practiced democracy before the Europeans came. With the "elders" as senators and "umu ada" as "house of rep" wch made the igwe/king not to have absolute power

brilliant

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by EasternActivist: 5:07pm On Jan 31, 2016
EverestdeBliu:
That's my anger with all these my Igbo brothers. Why go into Northern regalia? Can't you be in ur own native attire? A traditional ruler at that.

Don't be stupid and look very well.
Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by EverestdeBliu(m): 5:13pm On Jan 31, 2016
EasternActivist:

Don't be stupid and look very well.
Don't fume yet. I think u should be the one to look closely. Isn't the Obi the one in white agbada holding the horse tail,rightly beside El-rufai?
Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by EasternActivist: 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
EverestdeBliu:
Don't fume yet. I think u should be the one to look closely. Isn't the Obi the one in white agbada holding the horse tail,rightly beside El-rufai?

Oga check if he is putting a trouser...?
That's a traditional igbo palace attire

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by Scholes007(m): 5:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
EasternActivist:

Oga check if he is putting a trouser...?
That's a traditional igbo palace attire
don't worry yourself to teach him
most of them don't know.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by Endtimesmith(m): 5:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
Obi Chikolobi....
Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by Mattew690(m): 5:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
If una don GET better post I go comment joo
HAPPY NEW MONTH IN ADVANCE

FEB 14 ON MY MIND

ANY SURE GURL 4 HERE ?
Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by Praktikals(m): 6:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
tuale4u:

Yes he is d highest King in Igbo land because he has Benin royalty in his blood.
He is d only first class king in d south east as defined by Federal govt.
He is to Igbo-land, what Ooni of Ife is to Yoruba-land.
Re: El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) by EverestdeBliu(m): 6:49pm On Jan 31, 2016
EasternActivist:

Oga check if he is putting a trouser...? That's a traditional igbo palace attire
Seen. Thanks for the info

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Must Resist Attempt To Change Constitution To Suit Saraki -Sen. Marafa / Mohammed Babandede Decorated As Immigration Comptroller-General / Senator Etang Umoyo Fails To Decamp To PDP At Udom’s Endorsement Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.