Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,417 members, 7,843,248 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? (988 Views)

Why Are Catholic Nuns not usually beautiful? / Woman Fired From Christian School For Engaging In Pre-marital Intimacy Sues Back / Are Catholic Xtians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 29, 2009
As the topic question asked, how different are they?

Thing is, the closest WALKING (omg) distance churches from my campus are Catholic churches, Lutheran , Baptist etc.
I believe that the catholic one is closest to Christianity. But before I start going, I want to make share I wouldn't be jeopardising my religion belief.
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by Lady2(f): 2:56am On Jun 30, 2009
Dude you need to bleed to Orange and Green. Take yourself to Tallahassee. To the home of the one and only Marching 100.

If you care for your religious belief. Do your research about all Churches, use logic, history, and unbiased sources. And most of all pray pray pray. The Lord reveals himself to those who really care.

Smooches.
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by No2Atheism(m): 3:17am On Jun 30, 2009
~Lady~:

Dude you need to bleed to Orange and Green. Take yourself to Tallahassee. To the home of the one and only Marching 100.

If you care for your religious belief. Do your research about all Churches, use logic, history, and unbiased sources. And most of all pray pray pray. The Lord reveals himself to those who really care.

Smooches.

@lady please note that she is not a dude, she is a she.

By the way the Creator and the Messiah reveals Himself to those who walk according to scripture and not to those who really care [/b]and not to those who operate according to [b]tradition, otherwise even buddah would have been revealed to cus he obviously really also cared to know the truth.

-------------------------------------

Men thank goodness the Roman Catholic Church is no longer killing people like before otherwise it would have been serious double trouble for bible believers considering that Islam is killing and slaugthering on one hand and Roman Catholicsm is also killing and slaughtering on another hand.
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by Nobody: 3:23am On Jun 30, 2009
~Lady~:

Smooches.
Thanks. But my school is not in Tallahassee. So you want me to drive (walk in this instance) 3hrs (walking= 3days) to find a church?

Yea, let's try another advice tongue

@N2A
No o, I won't take it. I don't want any religion bashing. I just want people to explain the beliefs of the religions more. smiley wink
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by No2Atheism(m): 4:14am On Jun 30, 2009
FL Gators:

Thanks. But my school is not in Tallahassee. So you want me to drive (walk in this instance) 3hrs (walking= 3days) to find a church?

Yea, let's try another advice tongue

@N2A
No o, I won't take it. I don't want any religion bashing. I just want people to explain the beliefs of the religions more. smiley wink

the thread would be derailed i can guarantee u that, hence u can contact me personally and ask me any question u want and i would do my best to give u the answer then u can come back on NL to expose any answer that i give u which u do not agree with.
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by Tudor6(f): 11:21am On Jun 30, 2009
What a stupid thread. Are catholics not christians?
From the title the poster has already shown her bias and prejudice by all but effectively refering to catholics as ''non-christians''
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by No2Atheism(m): 8:40pm On Jun 30, 2009
Tudór:

From the title the poster has already shown her bias and prejudice by all but effectively refering to catholics as ''non-christians''

@tudor

- By name yes catholics claim to be christians.
- By politics yes catholics are counted as christians.
- By demographics, catholics are counted as christians

However in reality and according to the only standards that guides every person who calls his or herself a christian i.e.

- According to the bible and according their fruits, catholics are not actually christians.

@tudor

there is already more than enough threads on this NL showing how catholics are idols worshippers, showing how they contradict the bible and showing how they are not christians in the true sense of the word. Hence technically speaking i am not going to go into that argument again for now.
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by bawomolo(m): 9:54pm On Jun 30, 2009
catholics are a subsect of christianity. I don't know why you guys separate the two. same for mormons and jehovah witnesses.
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by No2Atheism(m): 10:19pm On Jun 30, 2009
bawomolo:

catholics are a subsect of christianity. I don't know why you guys separate the two. same for mormons and jehovah witnesses.

There is nothing like subset in the church: You are either a bible believing christian or you are not.

The Messiah does not consider some people to be subset and some other people to be superset.

Hence the standards of who is a christian and who is not is set by the Messiah Himself via the bible.

The Messiah himself has already said that some people would claim to be prophets and are not.
The Messiah himself has already said that some people would claim to know him and do miracles in his name but at the end of the day, they still are not christians.

Being a christian is not by birth.
Being a christian is not by title.
Being a christian is not by fiat.
Being a christian is not by decree.
Being a christian is not by popularity.

Hence the standards of who is and who is not a christian is clearly spelled out in the bible. Wether or not some people claim to be christians even wen the bible clearly shows that they are not really does not matter cus man is not the judge, the Creator Himself is, hence even if they deceive and convince themselves into believing a lie, it still does not matter. Because as far as i am concerned and as far as the bible is concerned,

Catholics are not christians.
Jehova Witnesses are not christians.
Mormons are not christians.

Because the bible shows so.
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by Tudor6(f): 10:31pm On Jun 30, 2009
Okay, if you say so.
But i'm sure they'd all beg to differ.
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by olabowale(m): 11:41am On Jul 01, 2009
@No2Atheist: Women can call each others, in America Dudes, Guys, but not fellas! It only when a man calls a woman Dude or Guy that she can raise an eyebrow. Also the poster i saying that Catholics are closest to Christianity, than others. Whatever Christianity means, she knows. She has her standard. Even though am not a Chrsitian, I will agree with her because it is the group that Protestant sprang from. So if there are two things of the same type, and one came from the other, we have to give props to the older because it has been existing longer. The protestant Bible is a copycat, less Books from the Catholics. No?

@Poster: You must be a freshman, because of your response to Senior woman, ~Lady~. She actually was saying that you should transfer to her school, in Tallahassee, because its a better academic and student life enviroment School. She propped up what the University is known for without any doubt, Marching Band. Of course both Universities are good Universities for academics and research,

@Respondents: The mother of Protestant is none other than catholic. And not the other way around. Let the Protestants in their ignorance deny it. Jesus, did not mention Protestants and failed to mention catholics. Heck, Jesus did not even mention Chritianity or Christians, so why trying to malign your mother Catholic, Protestant?

@~Lady~: I have to stand up for the truth.
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by jagunlabi(m): 1:06pm On Jul 01, 2009
So if all these subsects of the christiandom do not qualify as christians in your eyes,which subsect(s) do(es) qualify?The members of subsect you belong to will definitely qualify as christians,i presume.You're just extending your religious bias and prejudice to your fellow christian brethrens.Pathetic,i will have to say.
No2Atheism:

Hence the standards of who is and who is not a christian is clearly spelled out in the bible. Wether or not some people claim to be christians even wen the bible clearly shows that they are not really does not matter cus man is not the judge, the Creator Himself is, hence even if they deceive and convince themselves into believing a lie, it still does not matter. Because as far as i am concerned and as far as the bible is concerned,

Catholics are not christians.
Jehova Witnesses are not christians.
Mormons are not christians.

Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 01, 2009
catholics are not cristians abi?
so those criminals who steal money from their congregation for the purchase of private jets are better than catholics?

As far as I am concerned ppentecostals are the worst sect in christendom today ,all you hear in their churches are tithes ,seed sowing and every other things that has to do with money.
They devote more time to money than the real word of God ,You hardly hear them preach salvation everything is about prosperity yet they turn around to attack catholics who are far better than them.

No 2 atheism
So your own church where they preach that moses is black is better than the RCC
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by PastorAIO: 3:44pm On Jul 01, 2009
Isn't the word Christian utterly meaningless today?
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 01, 2009
olabowale:

@Poster: You must be a freshman, because of your response to Senior woman, ~Lady~. She actually was saying that you should transfer to her school, in Tallahassee, because its a better academic and student life enviroment School. She propped up what the University is known for without any doubt, Marching Band. Of course both Universities are good Universities for academics and research,

What are you talking about?
Transfer? No, I loff my school, offers one of the top Engineer programs in the nation.
kiss

Tallahassee is too far for me grin

Tudór:

Yea, thank you.
And plz, don't bother to pop in again smiley
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by Tudor6(f): 6:28pm On Jul 01, 2009
You welcome.
Next time don't come pretending to want answers when you're clearly prejudiced.
Am out.
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by No2Atheism(m): 11:26am On Jul 02, 2009

catholics are not cristians abi?
so those criminals who steal money from their congregation for the purchase of private jets are better than catholics?

As far as I am concerned ppentecostals are the worst sect in christendom today ,all you hear in their churches are tithes ,seed sowing and every other things that has to do with money.
They devote more time to money than the real word of God ,You hardly hear them preach salvation everything is about prosperity yet they turn around to attack catholics who are far better than them.

No 2 atheism
So your own church where they preach that moses is black is better than the RCC

@chukwudi

- Yes Catholics are not christians because the Bible says so.

- Yes Catholics are not christians because:

Being a christian is not by veto.
Being a christian is not by roman declaration.
Being a christian is not by bowing down to catholic idols deceitfully called called names like Mary, Baby Jesus etc.
Being a christian is not by general consensus.
Being a christian is not by inheritance.
Being a christian is not by united nation declaration.
Being a christian is not by religion.
Being a christian is not by sect.

Instead,

BEING A CHRISTIAN IS A FREE GIFT FROM THE CREATOR TO THOSE WHO ARE SAVED BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH IN THE MESSIAH AND THEREFORE WALKED ACCORDING TO PRECEPTS DICTATED BY THE BIBLE AND NOT BY HUMAN RELIGIOUS TRADITION.

Let me repeat again in case u fail to understand,  the standards of who is and who is not a christian is clearly spelled out in the bible. Whether or not people (you, olabowale, tudor, jagunlabi and co) claim otherwise is irrelevant in the spiritual scheme of things. I would rather believe the Bible than even bother to listen to the ramblings of mere idolatous men.

As far as the Bible goes, Catholics are not Christians instead they are idolators masquerading as christians as a result of their political hold on power for thousands of years.

------------------------------------------------

- No I do not have any allegiance to any physical church.

- Yes my allegiance is only towards the Spiritual Church headed by the Messiah Himself (and not by a mere mortal sinful man).

- I am not a pentecostal.

- I am not methodist.

- I am not a catholic.

- I am not an anglican.

- I am not any other so called socio-politcal sect you might come up with.

- I AM SIMPLY A BIBLE BELIEVING INDIVIDUAL WHO BELIEVES SALVATION IS ONLY BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH IN THE MESSIAH ALONE.

-------------------------------------------------

- Yes i believe that Moses was black because the Bible shows it to be so.

- Yes you can continue to swallow all the dogma that you are being fed since u were born, that is your cup of tea, but as for me and my  future house , i would serve speak the biblical truth at all times.

-------------------------------------------------

@No2Atheist: Women can call each others, in America Dudes, Guys, but not fellas! It only when a man calls a woman Dude or Guy that she can raise an eyebrow. Also the poster i saying that Catholics are closest to Christianity, than others. Whatever Christianity means, she knows. She has her standard. Even though am not a Chrsitian, I will agree with her because it is the group that Protestant sprang from. So if there are two things of the same type, and one came from the other, we have to give props to the older because it has been existing longer. The protestant Bible is a copycat, less Books from the Catholics. No?

@olabowale

- Good that u admit you are not a christian.

- Now be silent and let those who actually read and seek to understand the bible open their mouths to speak.

- Going by your standard of propping up the one that exists longer then it means Islam is fake and a copycat of the Christian faith since it came after the Christian faith as already started.

- Going by your standard of propping up the one that exists longer then it means the Quran is fake and a copycat of the Christian scriptures.

- Going by your standard of propping up the one that exists longer then it means Allah is actually the name of an idol worshipped by Mohammed's father considering mohammed's father came before mohammed and also considering that mohammed's father was the servant of allah ( i.e. Mohammed's father's name was Abdallah).

---------------------------------------------------

So if all these subsects of the christiandom do not qualify as christians in your eyes,which subsect(s) do(es) qualify?The members of subsect you belong to will definitely qualify as christians,i presume.You're just extending your religious bias and prejudice to your fellow christian brethrens.Pathetic,i will have to say.

@jagunlabi

- Speaking the truth is not a matter of bias.

- the Messiah was not being biased wen he flogged the money changers away from the Temple.

- The Messiah was not being biased when He openly spoke against the Pharasees.

- So kindly pick up your islamic dogmatic self and scuttle back to the islamic thread where the norm is for one to speak and others follow. The Bible is not for those who are without the ability to independently reason, cus the bible itself said: " . . . come let us reason . . ."
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 02, 2009
Please visit the following web page:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Catholics-955/Tongues.htm

The Catholic people talk about 1 Corinthians 14, but deftly circumvent an earlier chapter 13, where verse 1 says:

"Though I speak with tongues of men and of angels, "

Also, though they make reference to 1 Corinthians 14, their beliefs clearly contradict verse 2, which says ", speaketh not unto men." This means it is true that people speak in tongues and no man on earth understands what they say. They are clearly ANTI-BIBLE! This is just one out of many.

You cannot partake of the Lord's and the devil's table. You cannot claim to be a Christian and be anti-Bible. And lastly, you cannot tell me that people that believed their tongues were not always unto men were Catholic Church. So I don't agree with the other-churches-sprang-from-the-Catholic-Church argument.
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by Lady2(f): 9:34am On Jul 06, 2009

Yea, let's try another advice

I was actually saying you should transfer to my school. It was meant to be a joke. Are you new to the university rivals in Florida?

So you worship the Bible? Where in the Bible does it say that the Bible alone shall you follow?
Since the early christians didn't have a Bible, I guess they weren't christians.

A fool shows himself, and you have certainly shown yourself a fool.

that's exactly what I meant.

This means it is true that people speak in tongues and no man on earth understands what they say.

lol really, so the Bible is contradicting itself?

And didn't the original poster ask you not to bash anyone here? How rude of you? Shows the spirit of God in you eh?
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by No2Atheism(m): 10:24am On Jul 06, 2009
~Lady~:

So you worship the Bible? Where in the Bible does it say that the Bible alone shall you follow?
Since the early christians didn't have a Bible, I guess they weren't christians.

A fool shows himself, and you have certainly shown yourself a fool.

that's exactly what I meant.

- Nope i do not worship the bible, hence why i do not support or believe in all those people that put the bible under their pillow or handle it with care like an egg.

- The Bible is the written word of the Creator, hence I am obliged to believe it as the final authority in all things.

- I would rather believe and obey the Creator rather than trust the created beings (like @Lady, @Pope, @Ignatius Loyola the mass murderer etc)

- I would still kiss kiss kiss you even if u choose to insult me, cus i am here to discuss not insult.
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by Lady2(f): 10:48am On Jul 06, 2009
Nope i do not worship the bible, hence why i do not support or believe in all those people that put the bible under their pillow or handle it with care like an egg.

Um putting the Bible under the pillow doesn't equate worshipping neither is hanfling it with care like an egg. But placing it above all else is worshipping it. I think more and more people need to hit the dictionary and discover the meaning of the word worship in its truest form.

The Bible is the written word of the Creator, hence I am obliged to believe it as the final authority in all things.

I beg to differ darling. While reading the Bible I fail to see where the Bible alludes to itself as being the word of God, or the final authority in all things.
Would you mind informing me of how you know the Bible is the word of God and the final authority in all things.

I would rather believe and obey the Creator rather than trust the created beings (like @Lady, @Pope, @Ignatius Loyola the mass murderer etc)

um ok. So how do u know st. ignatius of loyola was a mass murderer, did u witness him murder anyone?

I would still you even if u choose to insult me, cus i am here to discuss not insult.

First of all EWWWWW

second i'm all for discussing. I'm not the one going about disrespecting people, it's actually u.
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by No2Atheism(m): 10:56am On Jul 06, 2009
~Lady~:

Um putting the Bible under the pillow doesn't equate worshipping neither is hanfling it with care like an egg. But placing it above all else is worshipping it. I think more and more people need to hit the dictionary and discover the meaning of the word worship in its truest form.

I beg to differ darling. While reading the Bible I fail to see where the Bible alludes to itself as being the word of God, or the final authority in all things.
Would you mind informing me of how you know the Bible is the word of God and the final authority in all things.

um ok. So how do u know st. ignatius of loyola was a mass murderer, did u witness him murder anyone?

First of all EWWWWW

second i'm all for discussing. I'm not the one going about disrespecting people, it's actually u.

1. Because Ignatius Loyola started the jesuits who are know for committing atrocities on behalf of the Roman Catholic Church.

2. I know the bible is the final authority because it is being fufilled and attested to even by the Messiah Himself. Even the Messiah Himself shows us the scriptures are the final authority by his usage of the phrase: "It is written , " to show us that "the Creator's opinion is final "

3. Oya bring that round cheek of yours, kiss kiss kiss , by the way when are u going to change your picture it don taaye wen u put that profile picture there it no dey tire you.

4. i would still tell you the blunt truth even if i am flirting with you kiss kiss kiss oops  grin grin grin sorry i forgot u are in a relationship my bad, oya give me back my kisses.

5. The bible is the final authority because it says so itself:

RNKJV
------
Proverbs 30:5 Every word of Eloah is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.
Proverbs 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

KJV
-----
John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
John 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture can not be broken;

RNKJV
--------
John 10:34 Yahushua answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are elohim?
John 10:35 If he called them elohim, unto whom the word of יהוה came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

RNKJV
-------
Revelation of John 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, יהוה shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Revelation of John 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, יהוה shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

RNKJV
-------
Matthew 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by Lady2(f): 8:41pm On Jul 17, 2009
1. Because Ignatius Loyola started the jesuits who are know for committing atrocities on behalf of the Roman Catholic Church.

No the Jesuits are known for defending the Church and for their contribution to the Unversity system, they're actually considered the "intellectual brotherhood". It was actually found for the conversion of the mohammedeans (the muslims) it wasn't until after Henry VIII started his massacre of Catholics that the Jesuits stood up for the Church and fought on behalf of those whose families were being massacred by Henry.

2. I know the bible is the final authority because it is being fufilled and attested to even by the Messiah Himself. Even the Messiah Himself shows us the scriptures are the final authority by his usage of the phrase: "It is written , " to show us that "the Creator's opinion is final "

Um I don't think you know what the Bible is then.
Also when Jesus said it is written was he referring to Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Hebrews, Romans, and so on?
Where did Jesus say the scripture is final?
Also when did God actually write the scripture?
How do you know the books in the Bible are actually scripture?
Also did you know that Jesus and the apostles spoke of the stories in the books that are missing from your Bible (protestant bible)? If it was good enough for them, why isn't good enough for you?
Where did Jesus give the Bible authority?
Lastly where in scripture does it allude to scripture being the final authority?

And besides 'it is written' does not in anyway allude to God's opinion. Unless you've forgotten that in the OT divorces were permitted and that is scriptures, but in the NT Jesus states that divorces are not permitted and that is also the scriptures. Scripture does not equal God's opinion. God's opinion cannot negate itself.

5. The bible is the final authority because it says so itself:

Ok I don't see anywhere in those scriptures it says that the scripture is the final authority. God's Word is a Person not a book.

And by the way, why do you believe the Bible to be the word of God? WHy not the quran? The quran also claims to be the word of God.
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by AloyEmeka9: 9:17pm On Jul 17, 2009
@chukwudi

- Yes Catholics are not christians because the Bible says so.

- Yes Catholics are not christians because:

Being a christian is not by veto.
Being a christian is not by roman declaration.
Being a christian is not by bowing down to catholic idols deceitfully called called names like Mary, Baby Jesus etc.
Being a christian is not by general consensus.
Being a christian is not by inheritance.
Being a christian is not by united nation declaration.
Being a christian is not by religion.
Being a christian is not by sect.

Instead,

BEING A CHRISTIAN IS A FREE GIFT FROM THE CREATOR TO THOSE WHO ARE SAVED BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH IN THE MESSIAH AND THEREFORE WALKED ACCORDING TO PRECEPTS DICTATED BY THE BIBLE AND NOT BY HUMAN RELIGIOUS TRADITION.

No2Atheism is not only a tribalist but a religious separatist. Who told you that the catholic idea of salvation is any different from what you wrote above?.

Let me repeat again in case u fail to understand,  the standards of who is and who is not a christian is clearly spelled out in the bible. Whether or not people (you, olabowale, tudor, jagunlabi and co) claim otherwise is irrelevant in the spiritual scheme of things. I would rather believe the Bible than even bother to listen to the ramblings of mere idolatous men.
Mere idolatous men? Is that what your pastor call christians that are not in his congregation?. My friend, your tactic is tired because that is what pentecostals used in the 90's in Nigeria to accumulate membership, now their hideous ways are coming into light. From 419 to witchcraft, is that also in the bible?

As far as the Bible goes, Catholics are not Christians instead they are idolators masquerading as christians as a result of their political hold on power for thousands of years.
I ask again, what are those pentecostals that practice witchcraft for membership, money laundering and 419. It was not catholics in Nigeria that duped Benny Hinn $4M. It's these people that are heaven worthy and practice what is in the bible. The God of the bible does not discriminate like you, I have seen Him work through catholics, pentecostals etc and I wonder whether He[God] was confused while working through those catholics. I also remember when your likes post their crusade announcement on bill boards, they normally start by castigating catholics just to gain the so called political power. What is this political possessed by catholics we don't know about?

It's a pity human beings are natural political animals. I wonder how catholics are children of satan because of their church while anglicans are not even though they marry homosexuals in their church. Some pentecostals in the west marry homosexuals in their church epecially Holland but not the catholic church. Mother Theresa said " if you dwell in criticizing others, how can you love them?". The major difference between catholics and others are doctrines and God is not interested in your doctrine. the inability of the world to understand and differentiate the meaning of idolatory is appalling. If catholics are idolaters, why pray to Jesus in the first place? Why not pray to the very god they adulate?. You don't even know the simple cell phone you use can turn you into an idolater meaning that it's the heart that determines what you are before God and it will show in the way you behave.
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by Lady2(f): 10:43pm On Jul 17, 2009
@ No2Atheism

I changed my pic. Happy looking.
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by No2Atheism(m): 11:20pm On Jul 17, 2009
~Lady~:

@ No2Atheism

I changed my pic. Happy looking.

grin grin grin grin abomination wetin i wan take semeramis image do, abeg biko wayo wayo , oya change that thing quick quick,
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 17, 2009
the OP first has to understand what christianity is all about.
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by No2Atheism(m): 12:05am On Jul 18, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

No2Atheism is not only a tribalist but a religious separatist. Who told you that the catholic idea of salvation is any different from what you wrote above?.
Mere idolatous men? Is that what your pastor call christians that are not in his congregation?. My friend, your tactic is tired because that is what pentecostals used in the 90's in Nigeria to accumulate membership, now their hideous ways are coming into light. From 419 to witchcraft, is that also in the bible?
I ask again, what are those pentecostals that practice witchcraft for membership, money laundering and 419. It was not catholics in Nigeria that duped Benny Hinn $4M. It's these people that are heaven worthy and practice what is in the bible. The God of the bible does not discriminate like you, I have seen Him work through catholics, pentecostals etc and I wonder whether He[God] was confused while working through those catholics. I also remember when your likes post their crusade announcement on bill boards, they normally start by castigating catholics just to gain the so called political power. What is this political possessed by catholics we don't know about?

It's a pity human beings are natural political animals. I wonder how catholics are children of satan because of their church while anglicans are not even though they marry homosexuals in their church. Some pentecostals in the west marry homosexuals in their church epecially Holland but not the catholic church. Mother Theresa said " if you dwell in criticizing others, how can you love them?". The major difference between catholics and others are doctrines and God is not interested in your doctrine. the inability of the world to understand and differentiate the meaning of idolatory is appalling. If catholics are idolaters, why pray to Jesus in the first place? Why not pray to the very god they adulate?. You don't even know the simple cell phone you use can turn you into an idolater meaning that it's the heart that determines what you are before God and it will show in the way you behave.

Alloy Emeka or Hotfunmi or who ever is it that is hiding behind the identity, should please note that i am not here to defend any denomination, hence whether or not a pastor sleeps with his congregation and impreginates a deacon or not is not really my concern.

The issue here is that the Bible is my only standard. If the bible says something is right, then i accept it as being right, but if the bible says something is wrong, nothing u can say would change my mind from the fact that i would also accept that thing being wrong.

As far as the bible is concerned, Roman Catholism is Paganism end of story.
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by Lady2(f): 2:31am On Jul 18, 2009
No2Atheism:

grin grin grin grin abomination wetin i wan take semeramis image do, abeg biko wayo wayo , oya change that thing quick quick,

Wats semeramis.
That's the pic of Mary breastfeeding Jesus, abi Mary no be e mama again? Explain how the pic is wrong please?
I love it, it's beautiful and it expresses motherhood very well.

As far as the bible is concerned, Roman Catholism is Paganism end of story.

Actually as far as the Bible is concerned the Catholic Church is the true Church and the only Church that teaches everything contained in the Bible, and the only Church that properly interprets the Bible and it makes sense.

As far as your interpretation of the Bible is concerned you think that the Catholic Church is about paganism. Unfortunately you haven't proven how you are the infallible interpreter of the Bible. But you have proven that your intepretations contradict themselves.
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by intan(f): 2:58am On Jul 18, 2009
How 'Christian' are you to call the Catholic aren't Christian?

Please! Whatever you wanna thread here, do know what u talking about before you speak angry
Re: How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? by Bobbyaf(m): 6:52am On Jul 18, 2009
I see all the Catholic warlords are out in their numbers defending the impossible. Wow!!!

(1) (Reply)

Contrast Between Mohammed And Jesus - Be The Judge! / D Biggest Scam / Moderators Jesoul, Manmustwac Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.