Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Our Wedding Night... - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Our Wedding Night... (5391 Views)

The Wedding Night / My Wedding Night (episode 1) / My Wedding Night (full Episodes) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Wedding Night... by Missmossy(f): 1:25pm On Feb 04, 2016
Eyah... really saddening. Hoping he gets out of jail soon. Kudos Remenzack.

1 Like

Re: Our Wedding Night... by RemenZack(f): 7:17pm On Feb 04, 2016
Missmossy:
Eyah... really saddening. Hoping he gets out of jail soon. Kudos Remenzack.

He might. Just keep up with fresh and new updates. Thanks for reading and commenting.
Re: Our Wedding Night... by RemenZack(f): 7:19pm On Feb 04, 2016
"But we can't do this to him. He is an influential man and he might get rid of us before we even think of getting rid of him. I don't think we should do this, Tony!" John implored, his hands shrivelled and tremulous. Tony patted his back and spoke some words in whispers to make his friend less wilted about their planned operation.

"He and his friend, Tony, who confessed about the act claimed Mr Royal refused to hire them, after much begging and pleading for a job. But does that justify the act of first degree murder?" The prosecutor questioned, now facing me and the entire court of Law.

"No!" A tiny and gnarled woman replied, shaking her head and biting her lips in vivid rancour.

"Let's not also forget they stole from the deceased before he was murdered in his cold blood!" The Lawyer with a bulge in his shirt added, his eyes dilated and nostrils open for air, as if his life depended on it.

I looked up to my Husband one last time and shed bitter tears for his sake. He was a killer and thief and I was a victim to his tricks all along as a vulnerable Bride. I was trying so hard to stay positive but if John was truly innocent, he would have stood up for his rights and yell how innocent and blood-free his hands were.

John was given a brief moment to have a word with the Judge and the entire Law court about his guilt or innocence and he was silent like Jesus before Pilate.

I waited so patiently for him to say a word, just a word but he still said nothing. The Judge was growing impatient, just like my heart was. That was when John was condemned to be executed in the next 40 days by hanging.

I was mute and refused to wail or cry, like a shabby siren. John was taken away forcefully by the Guards and I promised to be there to hold him when he got released. I simply stayed back and Barrister Clarion walked up to me, looking me deep into his eyes before striding out of the Law court, his face etched with indignation.

A few relatives of Mr Royal rejoiced for justice served, after much delay while I remained in that spot, recalling every moment between I and my husband, the moments we shared and the ones we shared apart. It was just like a Movie.

***Last Episode coming up sooner than expected. Criticism and thoughts allowed***
Re: Our Wedding Night... by RemenZack(f): 5:29am On Feb 05, 2016
My Mother and Siblings were all around my Table, to make me feel better after losing a loved one and life partner, like John.

John was hanged by the hangman that Friday, 30 days after the Trial. My Mother was there to grab the tightened ropes that throttled my Husband to his shameful death. I felt the ropes and I could feel John's pains and guilt.

Sadly, April was only with me shortly, since she was out of Town once again, to be with her almost dying Mother.

I was dressed in black and brooding smelling clothing as I was forced to eat a little, after so much unexpected weight loss. My Mother was by my side every step of the way. She was there to make me feel stronger and better.

For a Bride who never got to spend a Wedding night with her Husband, before he was detained and condemned to death, I still managed to look into the eyes of Morgan when he visited me shortly, with flowers and a few other gifts in his grasp.

I welcomed Morgan into my home and heart, as if I've always been expecting him to suddenly show up. We chatted and talked fervently for a while at our favourite place in Town, until when he questioned me if I was doing fine.

I smiled briefly and that was all. We continued to eat our good looking but not so much delectable meals and I drank a lot of Wine, making me feel drowsy after.

When Morgan and I returned to John's apartment, the one that I now automatically owned, the one that smelled so much of him, even when he was no more.

Morgan tried to water my dried lips with a passionate kiss. He didn't change a bit as his eyes were still lit and inflammable, encouraging me for another day, another day to give him a chance.

I kissed Morgan one last time before saying a final Goodbye.

***The End***

Thanks to each and everyone for reading, commenting and being so awesome and sweet with my brief Book series, Our wedding night. More is yet to come so stay tuned!

2 Likes

Re: Our Wedding Night... by dammyluv911(f): 8:54am On Feb 05, 2016
dear i dnt understan did she take poison

1 Like

Re: Our Wedding Night... by RemenZack(f): 6:09pm On Feb 05, 2016
dammyluv911:
dear i dnt understan did she take poison
Not at all. She just lived her life in content. She didn't die like her dear husband.
Thanks for following and keeping up.
Re: Our Wedding Night... by extyme: 7:36pm On Feb 05, 2016
Wow this is so great.. haven't read such a beautiful piece in a while... may God grant u more inspiration amen..
Re: Our Wedding Night... by extyme: 7:37pm On Feb 05, 2016
Wow this is so great.. haven't read such a beautiful piece in a while... may God grant u more inspiration amen.. *Wel i hope naomi gets her life back*

1 Like

Re: Our Wedding Night... by RemenZack(f): 9:30pm On Feb 05, 2016
Thanks for all of the chrerished Compliments. I appreciate it so much.
Thanks for reading and commenting as well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Going Outside Can Improve Your Creative Writing In These 3 Ways / MY HUSBAND (love And Lust) / THE DESIGNER (based On A True-life Imagination))

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.