Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,620 members, 7,958,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:13 AM

Dangote To Build 10 Student Hostels For ABU. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dangote To Build 10 Student Hostels For ABU. (15643 Views)

UNIBADAN Sent Medical Students Out Of Their Hostels For Protesting (videos) / 12 Coolest Students Hostels, Residences In The World(Photos) / Redeemer’s University Scientists Build 10-minute Ebola And Lassa Test Kits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote To Build 10 Student Hostels For ABU. by Habayomie(m): 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2016
mikolo80:
how many hostels, how many cleaners, how much salary. 12 months o. water must be provided and electricity (each student at least 1K. per year 11000000
cleaners at least 60,000 each multiply by number of cleaners plus broom, soap etc. trust me when you build or rent your first house you'll know that nothing is free
me thinks you're one of those working with govt,tendering inflational budgets for projects,
for your info,yours truly has been renting house and paying bills since 2007,my house is under construction sir.
Re: Dangote To Build 10 Student Hostels For ABU. by mikolo80: 2:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
[quote author=Habayomie post=42491812][/quote]it's just the way this world is. everything costs money to acquire as well as maintain
Re: Dangote To Build 10 Student Hostels For ABU. by mikolo80: 2:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
Habayomie:

me thinks you're one of those working with govt,tendering inflational budgets for projects,
for your info,yours truly has been renting house and paying bills since 2007,my house is under construction sir.
I wish. but which wan join dangote with gwament. we're talking maintenance. abi you no go sweep your house, flush toilet, repaint, repair replace electricals, provide fire extinguisher, pay Nepa among others abi you think once you've built the house that's it. where you're living now you no de do all the above mentioned. hope you're not put in charge of anything that requires maintenance with this your mentality.
Re: Dangote To Build 10 Student Hostels For ABU. by Junior66(m): 2:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
When will he do something for Kogi State where he has a large factory and is destroying our roads daily? It seems nobody cares about our rotten state including our Governors.
Re: Dangote To Build 10 Student Hostels For ABU. by Elose11(m): 2:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
Dangote the tribalist. More than 80% of your wealth is from Lagos, yet you have not built hostels in Unilag and Lasu.
Re: Dangote To Build 10 Student Hostels For ABU. by Kangol99(m): 2:50pm On Jan 31, 2016
Thanks BRO!
Re: Dangote To Build 10 Student Hostels For ABU. by Timah247(f): 2:55pm On Jan 31, 2016
Why cant some nigerians be happy for each other? This is a very goodnews especially for we abusite because we suffer every year for accomodation,but still someone would bring tribalism and religion into the matter...make una change from this ignorant mindset abeg.... Am proudly abusite abeg

1 Like

Re: Dangote To Build 10 Student Hostels For ABU. by banmee(m): 3:06pm On Jan 31, 2016
Brunel:
Lol
The way this man goes about doing what is supposedly the duties of the government, one day we'll wake up and find that Alhaji Aliko Dangote is our government!
From Employment to education to investment to humanitarian efforts..... He's killing it all back-to-back.
I see him becoming as powerful as the Rockefeller

They don't need new hostels. What is wrong with the old ones? I'll tell you. What is wrong is the management, not the buildings. He is building new hostels forgetting that the same people who ran the old ones down, will run the new ones down as well. He needs to invest in the psyche of the average Nigerian on how things are done.
Re: Dangote To Build 10 Student Hostels For ABU. by benson81(m): 4:02pm On Jan 31, 2016
Dangote I like ur philanthropy but try and emulate MKO and let ur philanthropy touch all parts of the country rather than only the North.
Re: Dangote To Build 10 Student Hostels For ABU. by TiffanyJ(f): 4:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
Miki123 @ you said Abu female students are very dull? How many of them do you know? Hey, I know many ABU graduates and I can boldly say they are trying. You can't expect every student in your school to be intelligent.
Talk about judging a book by its cover!
Re: Dangote To Build 10 Student Hostels For ABU. by blackjack21(m): 5:49pm On Jan 31, 2016
Habayomie:
Dangote will build the hostel as a donation and the school will charge rent fee as if na them build am.!!!
Only in Naija o

If you you ask me I wilk say "there is nothing bad about that." because of building maintenance and part of the money will also aid in development of the university... etc. cool
Re: Dangote To Build 10 Student Hostels For ABU. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
It's nice he did this. However, Nigerian Science and Tech education lacks analysis and characterization equipment necessary for scientific research!!!

People keep posting useless photos of how good looking their university is, like the buildings are the most important thing needed for proper education. The fact is, all universities (public + private) in Naija don't have any of the basic equipment for scientific research: TEM, SEM, XRD, AFM, XPS, high vacuum evaporators, RF sputtering equipment, photolithography devices, various photo/electron-spectroscopy based devices, clean rooms etc.

It's no wonder that our experimental researchers and so-called Professors (who pick up students' final year theses and publish as first author) publish their papers in Journals with low or N/A impact factor.

I would love to live and do high quality scientific research in Nigeria, but it's just impossible! If the irresponsible government wouldn't properly equip universities, at least the rich should do something.
Re: Dangote To Build 10 Student Hostels For ABU. by Wizabakar(m): 6:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
Mopolchi:
Until he builds one in South East, I won't take him seriously.
ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NOUN Disowns Fake Exams Questions On Buhari. See the picture of the exam questio / JAMB Meets With Other Stakeholders To Finalize Sales Of 2017 UTME Form / At What Level Did You Realize You Won't Be Graduating With A First Class Degree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.