Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,386 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? (2408 Views)

Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? / Why Are Christians Such Liars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:07am On Jan 31, 2016
Bible > Luke >
Chapter 19 > Verse

New International Version
But those enemies of mine who did not want me
to be king over them--bring them here and kill
them in front of me.'"

New Living Translation
And as for these enemies of mine who didn't
want me to be their king--bring them in and
execute them right here in front of me.'"

English Standard Version
But as for these enemies of mine, who did not
want me to reign over them, bring them here
and slaughter them before me.’”

Berean Study Bible
And these enemies of mine who were unwilling
for me to rule over them, bring them here and
slay them in front of me.'"

Berean Literal Bible
Furthermore, these enemies of mine, those not
having been willing for me to reign over them,
bring them here and slay them before me.'"

New American Standard Bible
"But these enemies of mine, who did not want
me to reign over them, bring them here and slay
them in my presence."

King James Bible
But those mine enemies, which would not that I
should reign over them, bring hither, and slay
them before me.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
But bring here these enemies of mine, who did
not want me to rule over them, and slaughter
them in my presence.'"

International Standard Version
But as for these enemies of mine who didn't
want me to be their king—bring them here and
slaughter them in my presence!'"

NET Bible
But as for these enemies of mine who did not
want me to be their king, bring them here and
slaughter them in front of me!'"
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“However, those my enemies, who did not want
me to reign over them, bring them and kill them
in front of me.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Bring my enemies, who didn't want me to be
their king. Kill them in front of me.'"

New American Standard 1977
“But these enemies of mine, who did not want
them in my presence.”

Jubilee Bible 2000
Moreover, those enemies of mine, who were
unwilling that I should reign over them, bring
them here and slay them before me.

King James 2000 Bible
But those my enemies, who would not that I
should reign over them, bring here, and slay
them before me.

American King James Version
But those my enemies, which would not that I
them before me.

American Standard Version
But these mine enemies, that would not that I
them before me.

Douay-Rheims Bible
But as for those my enemies, who would not
have me reign over them, bring them hither, and
kill them before me.

Darby Bible Translation
Moreover those mine enemies, who would not
[have] me to reign over them, bring them here
and slay [them] before me.

English Revised Version
Howbeit these mine enemies, which would not
that I should reign over them, bring hither, and
slay them before me.

Webster's Bible Translation
them before me.

Weymouth New Testament
But as for those enemies of mine who were
unwilling that I should become their king, bring
them here, and cut them to pieces in my
presence.'"

World English Bible
But bring those enemies of mine who didn't
want me to reign over them here, and kill them
before me.'"

Young's Literal Translation
but those my enemies, who did not wish me to
reign over them, bring hither and slay before
me.'
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by INTROVERT(f): 11:08am On Jan 31, 2016
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:09am On Jan 31, 2016
Jesus say, 'but those my enemies, who did not wish me to reign over them, bring hither and slay before
me.'
Where re d pastor in d house! Come and show us dway?
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by Modsenemy(f): 11:10am On Jan 31, 2016
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by cdapsin: 11:12am On Jan 31, 2016
End Time Verse
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by Omotayor123(f): 11:13am On Jan 31, 2016
shocked shocked shocked Make I dey observe!
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by Omotayor123(f): 11:14am On Jan 31, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Jesus say, 'but those my enemies, who did not wish me to reign over them, bring hither and slay before
me.'
Where re d pastor in d house! Come and show us dway?
Me sef dey wait patiently embarassed
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by thorpido(m): 11:20am On Jan 31, 2016
I hope you are truly ignorant so I'll shine the light to you.
Read from verse 11 so you can understand.Jesus said.....
'And as they heard these things,he added and spake a parable,because he was nigh to Jerusalem,and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
Then He said therefore,A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom,and to return.(Vs 12).

It was a parable!Do you know what a parable is?The bible says get wisdom,get understanding:....'(Proverbs 4:5)
Again it says,'.....and with all thy getting get understanding.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by OLAJADON: 11:24am On Jan 31, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Bible > Luke >
Chapter 19 > Verse

New International Version
But those enemies of mine who did not want me
to be king over them--bring them here and kill
them in front of me.'"

New Living Translation
And as for these enemies of mine who didn't
want me to be their king--bring them in and
execute them right here in front of me.'"

English Standard Version
But as for these enemies of mine, who did not
want me to reign over them, bring them here
and slaughter them before me.’”

Berean Study Bible
And these enemies of mine who were unwilling
for me to rule over them, bring them here and
slay them in front of me.'"

Berean Literal Bible
Furthermore, these enemies of mine, those not
having been willing for me to reign over them,
bring them here and slay them before me.'"

New American Standard Bible
"But these enemies of mine, who did not want
them in my presence."

King James Bible
But those mine enemies, which would not that I
them before me.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
But bring here these enemies of mine, who did
not want me to rule over them, and slaughter
them in my presence.'"

International Standard Version
But as for these enemies of mine who didn't
want me to be their king—bring them here and
slaughter them in my presence!'"

NET Bible
But as for these enemies of mine who did not
want me to be their king, bring them here and
slaughter them in front of me!'"
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
“However, those my enemies, who did not want
me to reign over them, bring them and kill them
in front of me.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Bring my enemies, who didn't want me to be
their king. Kill them in front of me.'"

New American Standard 1977
“But these enemies of mine, who did not want
them in my presence.”

Jubilee Bible 2000
Moreover, those enemies of mine, who were
unwilling that I should reign over them, bring
them here and slay them before me.

King James 2000 Bible
them before me.

American King James Version
But those my enemies, which would not that I
them before me.

American Standard Version
But these mine enemies, that would not that I
them before me.

Douay-Rheims Bible
But as for those my enemies, who would not
have me reign over them, bring them hither, and
kill them before me.

Darby Bible Translation
Moreover those mine enemies, who would not
[have] me to reign over them, bring them here
and slay [them] before me.

English Revised Version
Howbeit these mine enemies, which would not
that I should reign over them, bring hither, and
slay them before me.

Webster's Bible Translation
them before me.

Weymouth New Testament
But as for those enemies of mine who were
unwilling that I should become their king, bring
them here, and cut them to pieces in my
presence.'"

World English Bible
But bring those enemies of mine who didn't
want me to reign over them here, and kill them
before me.'"

but those my enemies, who did not wish me to
reign over them, bring hither and slay before
me.'

SO THEIR ARE EVEN MORE THAN TEN VERSION OF BIBLE AND I WAS THINKING SEVEN BEFORE...THE FUNNIEST PART IS SOME OF THESE VERSIONS CONTRADICT ONE ANOTHER.

1 Like

Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by OLAJADON: 11:27am On Jan 31, 2016
thorpido:
'And as they heard these things,he added and spake a parable,because he was nigh to Jerusalem,and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.
Then He said therefore,A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom,and to return.(Vs 12).

It was a parable!Do you know what a parable is?The bible says get wisdom,get understanding:....'(Proverbs 4:5)
BROS THIS DOESNT ANSWER THE OP QUESTION.....DID JESUS(UR JESUS) SAY THOSE WORDS HIMSELF?
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by OLAJADON: 11:28am On Jan 31, 2016
thorpido:

BROS THIS DOESNT ANSWER THE OP QUESTION.....DID JESUS(UR JESUS) SAY THOSE WORDS HIMSELF?.....OR WHAT IS JESUS TRYING TO EXPLAIN THERE....
WE ARE READY TO LEARN.

2 Likes

Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by agohmamuda(m): 11:28am On Jan 31, 2016
Ephesians 6:12-13 King James Version (KJV)

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

King James Version (KJV)
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by agohmamuda(m): 11:31am On Jan 31, 2016
OLAJADON:

SO THEIR ARE EVEN MORE THAN TEN VERSION OF BIBLE AND I WAS THINKING SEVEN BEFORE...THE FUNNIEST PART IS SOME OF THESE VERSIONS CONTRADICT ONE ANOTHER.

Please come wat may, always stick with King James Version. Some versions tend to hide or reduce the weight of the message
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by vault(m): 11:32am On Jan 31, 2016
the same way this verses could have a positive meaning and be interpreted negatively is exactly the same way it goes for the useless so-called jihadists......

misinterpretation is what's killing
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by OLAJADON: 11:34am On Jan 31, 2016
agohmamuda:

Please come wat may, always stick with King James Version. Some versions tend to hide or reduce the weight of the message

NOW YOU ARE SELECTING THE CHOICE OF BIBLE TO USE.....LOLX.
WHAT A JOKE CALLED CHRISTIANITY....ALSO REMEMBER TO SELECT THE CHOICE OF HEAVEN U WILL GO TO.....RUBBISH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by agohmamuda(m): 11:40am On Jan 31, 2016
OLAJADON:

NOW YOU ARE SELECTING THE CHOICE OF BIBLE TO USE.....LOLX.
WHAT A JOKE CALLED CHRISTIANITY....ALSO REMEMBER TO SELECT THE CHOICE OF HEAVEN U WILL GO TO.....RUBBISH

I won't waste my time answering you. We are not equally yoked so I don't expect u to understand why I stand for KJV even after stating my reason. You are here to criticise and cause confusion. But I won't give you that joy.
SALAM.
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by thorpido(m): 11:42am On Jan 31, 2016
OLAJADON:

BROS THIS DOESNT ANSWER THE OP QUESTION.....DID JESUS(UR JESUS) SAY THOSE WORDS HIMSELF?.....OR WHAT IS JESUS TRYING TO EXPLAIN THERE....
WE ARE READY TO LEARN.
Get understanding like I told the Op.
Start to read that chapter of the bible from verse 1.You will understand as you pay attention to the words and the context in which it was written.
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:51am On Jan 31, 2016
thorpido:

Trash! Try again next time pls! Who next?
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by 1bunne4lif(m): 11:52am On Jan 31, 2016
OLAJADON:

BROS THIS DOESNT ANSWER THE OP QUESTION.....DID JESUS(UR JESUS) SAY THOSE WORDS HIMSELF?
you're just deluded, do you even know what a parable is?
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by Flexherbal(m): 12:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
At time I get confused about all these.
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
1bunne4lif:
Why is it that its only when an unfavourable statement is supposedly made by Jesus, that its translated as a parable?Well, let's wait for d bible gurus to comeback from church!
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by thorpido(m): 12:03pm On Jan 31, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Trash! Try again next time pls! Who next?
Yea, trash because that is all you have within and around you.
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:04pm On Jan 31, 2016
Is Lalasticlala and Mynd44 back from church? Pls we need answers here! What about tonyebarcanista, tot u re a knowin brain of all!
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by thorpido(m): 12:07pm On Jan 31, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Why is it that its only when an unfavourable statement is supposedly made by Jesus, that its translated as a parable?Well, let's wait for d bible gurus to comeback from church!
That's because you choose to be ignorant!I told you to start reading from verse 11.It is written there that he spake a parable!No one is translating it as a parable dummy.
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:12pm On Jan 31, 2016
thorpido:
That's because you choose to be ignorant!I told you to start reading from verse 11.It is written there that he spake a parable!No one is translating it as a parable dummy.
Is Jesus the one who said he was he was speaking in parables or the bible narators!
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by tartar9(m): 12:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
don't attach jihad to that bloodthirsty,genocidal rapist! of a xtian god
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by OLAJADON: 12:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
1bunne4lif:

guy let take this slowly, the word parable there does it signify that jesus is refusing to admit that he said some pple should be kill or his he explaining how a man shouldnt kil....what exactly does that word parable means.....pls coat all the verses you want....i need your reference point.
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by OLAJADON: 12:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
1bunne4lif:

guy let take this slowly, the word parable there does it signify that jesus is refusing to admit that he said some pple should be kill or his he explaining how a man shouldnt kil....what exactly does that word parable means.....pls coat all the verses you want....i need your reference point(u shild knw this b4).
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by OLAJADON: 12:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
thorpido:
Start to read that chapter of the bible from verse 1.You will understand as you pay attention to the words and the context in which it was written.
OLAJADON:

guy let take this slowly, the word parable there does it signify that jesus is refusing to admit that he said some pple should be kill or his he explaining how a man shouldnt kil....what exactly does that word parable means.....pls coat all the verses you want....i need your reference point(u shild knw this b4).
thorpido:
anxiously waiting for your reply.
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by OLAJADON: 12:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
agohmamuda:

I won't waste my time answering you. We are not equally yoked so I don't expect u to understand why I stand for KJV even after stating my reason. You are here to criticise and cause confusion. But I won't give you that joy.
SALAM.
DONT TELL ME U RUNNING AWAY.....R U CLUELESS?.... Y DONT U ASK FOR SOS FROM UD BRETHREN.
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
Why can't sombdy do justice to this verse?
Re: SHOCKING; Are Christians Aware Of This Jihadic Verse Of The Bible? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Why can't sombdy do justice to this verse?
how many christians have killed in the name of the bible? unlike some people we are educated. we dont let half baked scholars brainwash us. we believe god can fight his own fuckin battles. we dont think violence is the answer.

we read deeper meaning into the word. we dont allow illiterates interpret for us. we are smart. be like us. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islam Christianity Conversion Rate / Why Is Christianity Divided With So Many Denomination Unlike Muslim. / 2022 CAC Sunday School Manual & Living Water Devotionals Now Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.