Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,223 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

What You Learnt In Church Today ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What You Learnt In Church Today ? (6997 Views)

Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. / Reason(s) For Missing Church Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by Aladinnemama(f): 7:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
Thanksgiving can oppress all ur oppressor....inbibe d habit of tnksgivn, dts d word 4 tday
Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by Iffffffy(f): 7:50pm On Jan 31, 2016
Empero1:

Better put, I'm considering you, while at the same time appreciating the hand work of the creator on my target.
considering me? Jesus!
Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by Babayoutoomuch(f): 8:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
Topic:Godliness and Contentment
Text:1Tim 6:6-8
Godliness can be imparted into us by Christ.
Contentment is being joyfully satisfied with what we have.
When we have these two virtues we will never be greedy or covetious.
Consequences of covetiousness are destruction & sorrow.
Reward of being contented is great wealth without sorrow.
Praise the Lord!
Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
Iffffffy:
considering me? Jesus!

Funny you! It's not what you think, you're taken that I know. Well, let me be more specific now, you as my in-law to be, except for that bad thought you have in mind, we shall be having every other thing to share in common- my money inclusive; that's when I start making money... Now, purge your mind of bad thoughts.LOL.

Kindly do the needful for me. Na we-we you know.
Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by Iffffffy(f): 8:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
Empero1:

Funny you! It's not what you think, you're taken that I know. Well, let me be more specific now, you as my in-law to be, except for that bad thought you have in mind, we shall be having every other thing to share in common- my money inclusive; that's when I start making money... Now, purge your mind of bad thoughts.LOL.

Kindly do the needful for me. Na we-we you know.
when you star making money ke! Are you telling me you've not started making money?
Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 31, 2016
Iffffffy:
when you star making money ke! Are you telling me you've not started making money?

I was allergic to money prior to the moment I sighted the angel and initiated contact with you. Then, I was more interested in making heaven thus my phobia for money and material things. However, now the game has changed, I have decided to leave heaven for the saints, while I start pursing money so that I can take good care of my in-law to be- you, and my wife of course.
Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by xreal: 8:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
Wow, I learnt a lot today.
I was opportuned to worship at COZA -my first time at any of its branches.

Pastor said something about the verse [Philippians 4:19]
(But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.)

First the pastor made us realise that the word NEED in the verse was 'wrong' and it ought to be pluralised - as NEEDS .

Many (I inclusive) agreed with that.
Then Pastor made us realise that it was intentional and meaningful.

Lesson learnt: No matter the amount/numbers of your/my needs (according to his riches in glory)......they all amount to a need in Christ Jesus.
Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by Gheritage(m): 9:02pm On Jan 31, 2016
Donald3d:
I learnt something , many people dont like doing because it is very hard for them grin, I learnt the secret of giving first fruit ,and the secret of giving,paying your tithes , offering , giving to the needy , you cant recieve if you dont give, i have being practicing this and it works for me , if you give you wont lack,even if it is the last cash on you, i am talking from experience.
Wow...this is exactly what we learnt in church today... Seriously, Gods spirit is one
Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by Mayour11(m): 9:12pm On Jan 31, 2016
cutetopsey:
The death of a friend ........ John 11:38-44

Are you a baptist? Because that was our sunday school topic for today
Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by aspirebig: 9:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
First fruit offering.
Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by Iffffffy(f): 9:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
Empero1:

I was allergic to money prior to the moment I sighted the angel and initiated contact with you. Then, I was more interested in making heaven thus my phobia for money and material things. However, now the game has changed, I have decided to leave heaven for the saints, while I start pursing money so that I can take good care of my in-law to be- you, and my wife of course.
seriously? Lol. You're such a funny guy. What gives me the assurance you won't leave my sister when someone better comes in view as you just left heaven for the saints?
Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
Iffffffy:
seriously? Lol. You're such a funny guy. What gives me the assurance you won't leave my sister when someone better comes in view as you just left heaven for the saints?

I'd rather betray myself than to betray someone else, especially a great facilitator like you. And this explained the reason why I have conscientiously given up my heaven pursuit in order to concentrate on my latest adventure- getting in touch with my wife-to-be. Remember, one who died for what he believes in died a hero. I know that my great facilitator will never disappoint me.
Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by Nteyoho90(m): 9:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
Topic- Giving God our best for His best. Whether you are teaching, singing, anything you are doing for God, it must be the best. Whatever you are offering to God, ask yourself if you can offer that to your president, governor, principal, boss, if you cannot offer it to them, then do not offer it to God. Also, for God to receive your service, you must be pure, you must be cleansed from sin. The sacrifice of a sinner is an abomination before God.
Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by Iffffffy(f): 10:56pm On Jan 31, 2016
Empero1:

I'd rather betray myself than to betray someone else, especially a great facilitator like you. And this explained the reason why I have conscientiously given up my heaven pursuit in order to concentrate on my latest adventure- getting in touch with my wife-to-be. Remember, one who died for what he believes in died a hero. I know that my great facilitator will never disappoint me.
Hmmmm, I would give you the benefit of the doubt.
Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 31, 2016
Iffffffy:
Hmmmm, I would give you the benefit of the doubt.

You can always count on me. By the way, action speaks louder than words, so I await your compliance. Meanwhile, be rest assured that the very moment I start making money as I have resolved to because of this singular cause, I'll buy you that thing which your heart long for the most.
Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by Iffffffy(f): 11:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
Empero1:

You can always count on me. By the way, action speaks louder than words, so I await your compliance. Meanwhile, be rest assured that the very moment I start making money as I have resolved to because of this singular cause, I'll buy you that thing which your heart long for the most.
lol. Ferrari?
Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
Iffffffy:
lol. Ferrari?

Anything for you. You're my own personal person.
Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by felifeli: 12:22am On Feb 01, 2016
Gheritage:
Wow...this is exactly what we learnt in church today... Seriously, Gods spirit is one

The same message was preached in all MFM churches worldwide

1 Like

Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by Cokwologu(m): 7:24am On Feb 01, 2016
stelaar:
That love is inexhaustible.

You can't say you stopped loving someone, If you ever say such you never really loved the person.

Jesus regardless of what we did never stopped loving us.

When you truly love someone excuses are your reply to the persons every fault.

E.g father please forgive them for they do not know what they do.
Bro are u a Catholic?
Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by mapet: 7:51am On Feb 01, 2016
Divine healing is your right as a child of God
Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 01, 2016
Service to God is the access road to all life has to offer - From glory to glory? ..... and from glory to glory? ....
Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 01, 2016
Empero1:

You can't run after heaven and the wealth of heaven will not run after you. This I assure you with my life.

The only problem is that many are faking it. I will love to invite you to church this Sunday.
Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by Gheritage(m): 1:30pm On Feb 01, 2016
but I didn't worship at MFM?
felifeli:

The same message was preached in all MFM churches worldwide
Re: What You Learnt In Church Today ? by mattyboy007(m): 1:47am On Feb 09, 2016
Iffffffy:
winners?
yeap dats it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is An Unbeliever/what Constitutes An Unbeliever? / Who Is A Sinner? In Your Own Words / 10 Hollywood Actors You Didn’t Know Were Born Again Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.