Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,794 members, 7,851,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:12 AM

Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court (1696 Views)

Scenes From The Supreme Court After Makarfi Was Declared PDP Chairman / Edo Tribunal: Obaseki Files Appeal At The Supreme Court / APC Buried In Akwa Ibom After The Supreme Court Verdict (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by shachris02: 12:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
I am not a fan of PDP or even Ikpeazu as a person. Going by the judgement of the supreme court in Dakuku Vs Wike, Okezie would clearly win that case. Infact, i don't even think the proceedings would take more than a few minutes. The supreme court has clearly and cleanly struck out card readers as an electoral equiptment/channel. Alex otti's judgement was based on figures presented by the card reader. Those figures are now non existent. OKezie won by the number of ballots thumb printed/stolen, so the case is his to lose.

But why are Nigerians very silly? Why waste billions on an equipment when you never provided nor assured it's relevance? I think Jega is the worst INEC chairman ever. With the level of billions wasted on INEC, we've not even moved a step up.

Welcome back to the days of ballot snatching and the highest rigger takes all. angry

5 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by dustmalik: 12:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
Given the judgement on the Rivers state guber election, the CJN himself have made it clear that card reader is useless. This is, in fact, to the advantage of the ruling party.

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by asha80(m): 12:29pm On Jan 31, 2016
Obvious that would be the case when supreme court ruled on wike's case
Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by shachris02: 12:31pm On Jan 31, 2016
asha80:
Obvious that would be the case when supreme court ruled on wike's case

my question is, why didn't INEC consult with the Judiciary and Legislators before bringing out the card readers? What would now happen to the billion upon billions spent on the machine?
Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by Abagworo(m): 12:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
Will Jega be arrested for fraud?
Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by vayne(m): 12:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
After using same card reader to rig their way to power abi,that is how we will keep going to court after election,two can play the game....Akwa ibom loading....

3 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by shachris02: 12:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
Abagworo:
Will Jega be arrested for fraud?

I think he should be. This is the worst case of waste i've seen in my life.

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by shachris02: 12:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
vayne:
After using same card reader to rig their way to power abi,that is how we will keep going to court after election,two can play the game....Akwa ibom loading....

dude, you can't rig with card readers. I manned those machines so i know what i am saying. The only rigging done is with manual accreditation/incident papers which you don't even need a person to fill one. Corpers where just manufacturing names and filling incidence for ghosts. angry

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by modath(f): 12:38pm On Jan 31, 2016
But why are Nigerians very silly? Why waste billions on an equipment when you never provided nor assured it's relevance? I think Jega is the worst INEC chairman ever. With the level of billions wasted on INEC, we've not even moved a step up.

The lawmakers refused to amend electoral laws & allow card, they claim it is electronic voting.. we all know 95% Of the 7th Assembly didn't get in through legitimate processes... They prefer the era of ballot stuffing, snatching & voters' intimidation.

It is now left for lobby groups to "prevail" on the 8th NASS to allow SCR a place.. goodluck with that though, with their 4.7bn cars & secrecy...

As for Ikpeazu & Otti, the case is settled... I repeat, the law is an ASS.

3 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by dan55: 12:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
What is the name of the movie??
Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by vayne(m): 12:39pm On Jan 31, 2016
shachris02:

dude, you can't rig with card readers. I manned those machines so i know what i am saying. The only rigging done is with manual accreditation/incident papers which you don't even need a person to fill one. Corpers where just manufacturing names and filling incidence for ghosts. angry
You don't have to use the actual card reader,before you know rigging is going on...if you were in the SE/SS during presidential election,you will know what am saying...there are places where accreditation started by 1pm,which was supposed to end by 2pm.
Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by vayne(m): 12:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
APC can keep wailing for all we care,they started it...bushmeat don catch hunter!

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by shachris02: 12:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
vayne:

You don't have to use the actual card reader,before you know rigging is going on...if you were in the SE/SS during presidential election,you will know what am saying...there are places where accreditation started by 1pm,which was supposed to end by 2pm.

technically, that is not rigging as you still need PVC to be accredited.

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by shachris02: 12:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
vayne:
APC can keep wailing for all we care,they started it...bushmeat don catch hunter!

actually, it' against PDP now because APC has the mighty federal might as it is. grin The judgement just opened the way for people like tinubu to impose anybody on any state.

I'm more worried for Nigeria than APC. I'm wailing for the Nation. cheesy
Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by shachris02: 12:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
dan55:
What is the name of the movie??

it's a done deal bro.
Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by vayne(m): 12:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
shachris02:

actually, it' against PDP now because APC has the mighty federal might as it is. grin The judgement just opened the way for people like tinubu to impose anybody on any state.

I'm more worried for Nigeria than APC. I'm wailing for the Nation. cheesy
Who you wail for is none of my biz,the verdict will tell us who should be more worried!
Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by doctokwus: 12:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
shachris02:
I think Jega is the worst INEC chairman ever. With the level of billions wasted on INEC, we've not even moved a step up.

Welcome back to the days of ballot snatching and the highest rigger takes all. angry
Jega is definitely not the worse, but the 2015 elections he gave us was grossly over-rated.
For me I think Jega's greatest achievement was not getting up from that seat when Orubebe madness started.
Aside that, these are Jega's scorecards:
-wasting billions using card reader when it's now being said to be as useless as an unregistered Mtn SIM card.
-Approving the worse ever election ever conducted in Rivers state.
But the supreme court too has given thuggery, brigandage and ballot rigging an official stamp with it's overlooking the pivotal place of d card reader in elections in Nigeria.
Unless the govt and inec is sleeping,it now is a matter of urgency to send a bill amending the electoral act to incorporate not just the card reader, but electronic capturing of data from it, if not the types of Wike wud reign supreme in the ss, where free and fair elections are as alien to them as fish is to dry land.
Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by vayne(m): 12:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
shachris02:

technically, that is not rigging as you still need PVC to be accredited.
Ok it's not rigging...it's girring! undecided
Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by asha80(m): 12:48pm On Jan 31, 2016
shachris02:

my question is, why didn't INEC consult with the Judiciary and Legislators before bringing out the card readers? What would now happen to the billion upon billions spent on the machine?
Nigeria for you
Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by NapoIeon: 12:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
grin

this rivers dey pain apc like pepper cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by shachris02: 12:56pm On Jan 31, 2016
NapoIeon:
grin

this rivers dey pain apc like pepper cheesy

cheesy actually, the judgement is to the full advantage of APC. But away from that, this doesn't mean well for the Nation at large
Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by kingofabia: 12:58pm On Jan 31, 2016
but other reasons were given for the verdict of abia state..... How sure are we that alex otti will not win on wednesday? He has other points given for the appeal court verdict
Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by kahal29: 1:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
@Op going by legal interpretation you have a valid point but am believing God to do the unthinkable come Wednesday this week and make a name for himself by granting victory to Alex Otti whom majority of Abians voted for.
Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by shachris02: 1:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
kingofabia:
but other reasons were given for the verdict of abia state..... How sure are we that alex otti will not win on wednesday? He has other points given for the appeal court verdict

the judgement given was practically based on numbers from the card readers.
Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by Grundig: 1:04pm On Jan 31, 2016
I also believe ikpeazu will win. however he will eventually be sent packing as a supreme court has ordered retrial based on ikpeazu's questionable taxes before thePDP primaries
Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by kahal29: 1:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
shachris02:

the judgement given was practically based on numbers from the card readers.

Op you never can tell what will happen on Wednesday. Deep down within my heart I have my fears but I still believe "a Daniel may come to judgement on that day". I have almost written off Wike but you see the way the whole thing turned out to his favour..... Mind you the Supreme Court is yet to give the full reason behind their judgement in Wike's case (which I think is tactical) so anything can still happen.
Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
All those against Ikpeazu's victory, I come against you in The name of the Lord.

1 Like

Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by kahal29: 2:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
Incorrect1:
All those against Ikpeazu's victory, I come against you in The name of the Lord.

smiley cheesy smiley
Re: Okezie Ikepazu Will Win At The Supreme Court by NaijainTexas: 6:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
kahal29:
@Op going by legal interpretation you have a valid point but am believing God to do the unthinkable come Wednesday this week and make a name for himself by granting victory to Alex Otti whom majority of Abians voted for.

Actually no, the majority of Abians did not vote for Alex, in fact, it was for Ikpeazu.

They both rigged, (even if they weren't behind those that rigged for them) but even without rigging, Ikpeazu had a majority of votes . what you have is a lot of people that SAY they prefer Alex but when it came to voter turnout, they didn't perform. It's the same here in the States. Then when it comes to internet, people talk big but you'd be surprised that they were at home during voting.

Truth is, Ikpeazu and his crew mobilized more people in real life instead of on the internet. Sad as it is, it's the case. All these people cheering for Alex this and that if they were to be honest, they'd admit they failed their civic duty.

So no, you don't have the facts, Alex did NOT have the majority of votes. Look at the numbers here, you would need to cancel three of the largest LGAs for Alex to have only a marginal victory.

Regardless, I feel Ikpeazu is an honest man that wants to actually work for Aba. He's not interested in wealth, you won't find a thread here like the one created about Alex showing off the mansion of the Governor.

(1) (Reply)

Gov Okorocha Receives US Consul, Set To Assist Indigenes In US Prisons (pics) / Joe Igbokwe Rediculed / APC Inner Caucus Plots Ekweremadu’s Fall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.