Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” (5452 Views)

Igbo (IPOB) Divide And Rule Mentality Is Becoming Annoying to we south south / The Tinubu Mistake And The Call For SS,SW, & SE Unity. / South West/yorubas Have Entered One Chance, Ss, Sw, Se Unity Is The Remedy.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by joeprince23(m): 1:05pm On Jan 31, 2016
It is quit troubling and strange to read many essays and writeups from individuals(probably SW teenagers) who know nothing about the SS,and have never visited any where outside their homogenous SW domain. As a concerned indigene and citizen,I am writing this article to enlighten such persons about igbo relation with SS groups(which I am one of). igbo and SS
are one and the same,igbo is so interwind with SS that you
can't seperate them online in terms of ethnic and cultural similarities,I will start with rivers cause its my state,over 60
percent of rivers are ethnic igbos/igboids(only 1/4 of these
identify as ikwerre) the others are core igbos eg.
Onelga,etche,omuma,oyigbo,ahoada east and parts of
ahoada west etc. I am from rivers state but I am as igbo as
an nnewi or ngwa man,most ikwerre land are core igbos
except southern emohua. Coming to delta state which has 3
senatorial districts,delta central is urhobo,delta south is
itsekiri ijo isoko/urhobo,but when when you come to delta
north(my oh my) they are the most central igbos in nigeria
(more core igbo than owerri,aba,ikwerre and other southern igboids) ask of people from igbouzo(ibuza) isele uku,ibulu uku,asaba etc. In general up to 30-40 percent of delta state are igbos. Coming to bayelsa,although the state is largely izon and riverine but you will be shocked By the number of igboid communities in the state especially in ogbia LGA. Igbo is also a lingua franca for a huge number of rural people in the state,I have worked in mbiama,gbaram and many other communities in the state so I know this for a fact. Coming to akwa-ibom(abia state indegenes in this forum can bear me withness on this)many communities in abia and akwaibom
have the same language(eg aba in abia and abak in
akwaibom) the same customs(eg abiriba in abia and ikot
ekpene in akwaibom) infact southern abia state and ibibio
people of akwaibom see themselfs as one. Finally cross-
river,this state is very interesting because only about 30% of
the state are ethinic efik(calabar people) although efik is
largley learnt in schools outside efik land,cross river is the
most diverse state in the entire southern nigeria.Edo is the only state that differ,its is also the only state in the entire SS/SE that islam penetrated(people from auchi are mainly muslims),infact Edo has much more in common with SW than SS or even SE. CC: ugomba dearpreye chukwudi44

10 Likes

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by joeprince23(m): 1:06pm On Jan 31, 2016
In term of proximity,SS and SE are very close-by that they can't be a huge cultural and ethnic differences. Eg PH to aba is just a 25mins drive(N250 on commercial mini-buses),Aba to ikot-ekpene(2nd digest town in akwa-ibom) is a 20mins drive. Infact when it come to PH,many individuals are resident here but shutle to aba daily for their business interest. In onitsha-asaba axis(if not for the river divide and state divide) this two cities are largely one and the same ie. A con-urbation,infact many people trek from asaba to onitsha daily and vice versa.N80 mini-bus can get you from upper iweka in onitsha to nnebisi road in asaba delta state. When you enter abiriba,arochukwu and some other areas in abia state as an akwa ibom man(ibibio) you will think your still in your state(dressing and culture as exact)

3 Likes

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by Habayomie(m): 1:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
If you like,claim Cameroon and Sao Tome n Principe.Na u sabi.
No unity within u people and u want seccession!!!

2 Likes

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by LordMecuzy(m): 1:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
joeprince23:
It is quit troubling and strange to read many essays and writeups from individuals(probably SW teenagers) who know nothing about the SS,and have never visited any where outside their homogenous SW domain. As a concerned indigene and citizen,I am writing this article to enlighten such persons about igbo relation with SS groups(which I am one of). igbo and SS
can't seperate them online in terms of ethnic and cultural similarities,I will start with rivers cause its my state,over 60
(more core igbo than owerri,aba,ikwerre and other southern igboids) ask of people from igbouzo(ibuza) isele uku,ibulu uku,asaba etc. In general up to 30-40 percent of delta state are igbos. Coming to bayelsa,although the state is largely izon and riverine but you will be shocked By the number of igboid communities in the state especially in ogbia LGA. Igbo is also a lingua franca for a huge number of rural people in the state,I have worked in mbiama,gbaram and many other communities in the state so I know this for a fact. Coming to akwa-ibom(abia state indegenes in this forum can bear me withness on this)many communities in abia and akwaibom
most diverse state in the entire southern nigeria.Edo is the only state that differ,its is also the only state in the entire SS/SE that islam penetrated(people from auchi are mainly muslims),infact Edo has much more in common with SW than SS or even SE.

I've never seen you commenting outside this SouthSouth/SouthEast issues...... Take it easy Bro.

4 Likes

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by EasternActivist: 1:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
SS/SE are one under eastern region. And we shall serve to our interest first.

8 Likes

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by vayne(m): 1:11pm On Jan 31, 2016
Well if the igbos in the SS like,they should keep quiet and not open up,let these minorities destroy their history and rename them!

3 Likes

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by Mack3N: 1:12pm On Jan 31, 2016
I just laugh when I hear these miscreants trying to form an imaginary SS with igbos in it..

My prayer is for an additional state to be carved from my state(delta state) and added to SE,I always wish am from SE,though am Igbo,but I would really love a region with an identity...not some scattered tribes in SS.

EternalTruths:
Op
Do you want Tonyebarcanista to cry. grin
He can weep if he likes,but he should keep his useless divide and rule,while scouting for political peanuts from imterested persons who will hire him to his ethnic group alone o,if he doesn't want trouble.

2 Likes

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by EternalTruths: 1:13pm On Jan 31, 2016
Op

joeprince23:
most diverse state in the entire southern nigeria.Edo is the only state that differ,its is also the only state in the entire SS/SE that islam penetrated(people from auchi are mainly muslims),infact Edo has much more in common with SW than SS or even SE. CC: ugomba dearpreye chukwudi44
Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by joeprince23(m): 1:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
EternalTruths:
Op

I personally think that this “tonyebarcanista” is not same person with the initial barcanista who is an okrikan in diaspora,this new guy is totally clueless in terms of rivers affair,if he is truely who he say he is then shame on him

1 Like

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by cheruv: 1:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
Mack3N:
I just laugh when I hear these miscreants trying to form an imaginary SS with igbos in it..

My prayer is for an additional state to be carved from my state(delta state) and added to SE,I always wish am from SE,though am Igbo,but I would really love a region with an identity...not some scattered tribes in SS.
Anioma state is a must!!
Your Anioma elites should galvanize the East bankers into supporting a separate existence for Anioma people.
The sixth state of the SE is Anioma...and until Anioma is created,the SE won't have an extra state

5 Likes

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by dan55: 1:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
Hmmmmmm
Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by ariesbull: 1:51pm On Jan 31, 2016
Anioma state is the only south east state remaining then we have to get back our igbo scattered in benue and kogi states ....

There is unity us se and ss

Haters might not want this

What unites us are sameness in culture and Christianity

4 Likes

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by joeprince23(m): 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
cheruv:

Anioma state is a must!!
Your Anioma elites should galvanize the East bankers into supporting a separate existence for Anioma people.
The sixth state of the SE is Anioma...and until Anioma is created,the SE won't have an extra state
I believe that the SE don't have any opposition to anioma becoming a 6th state in their zone,rather the opposition is coming from delta state government largely run by the urhobo/isoko groups with support from ijo and itsekiri. Although an igbo man is now the governor but this won't change much(urhobo has a lot to loose is anioma breaks away).

1 Like

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by joeprince23(m): 1:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
cheruv:

Anioma state is a must!!
for anioma to be created all groups in the state will agree on some key issues eg. Can warri become the new state capital?

2 Likes

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by NapoIeon: 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2016
joeprince23:
I personally think that this “tonyebarcanista” is not same person with the initial barcanista who is an okrikan in diaspora,this new guy is totally clueless in terms of rivers affair,if he is truely who he say he is then shame on him

Nope he's the same person cheesy

trust me on that
Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by joeprince23(m): 2:19pm On Jan 31, 2016
LordMecuzy:

I've never seen you commenting outside this SouthSouth/SouthEast issues...... Take it easy Bro.
I'm just shocked and disgusted by a lot of miss information flying around online,I'm tryna correct some
Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by cheruv: 2:20pm On Jan 31, 2016
joeprince23:
for anioma to be created all groups in the state will agree on some key issues eg. Can warri become the new state capital?
Of course Worri would be the new capital of Delta state after Anioma state has been created from the present Delta.
However the Sobo, Chekri and Ijo wants to do about the situation is up to them
Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by shachris02: 2:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
op, why don't you go to ikwere land and preach this your igboness to them.

that you speak a particular language does not automatically make you an indigene of that particular place.

I do not have the same ancestry with any mba mmiri person.

2 Likes

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by EasternActivist: 2:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
shachris02:

that you speak a particular language does not automatically make you an indigene of that particular place.

You are a Yoruba.. So which ancestry do you think you will ever have with the riverine states of SS.

6 Likes

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by shachris02: 2:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
EasternActivist:

You are a Yoruba.. So which ancestry do you think you will ever have with the riverine states of SS.

You are an Hausa/Fulani man. What ancestry do we have in common?

6 Likes

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by joeprince23(m): 2:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
shachris02:

you like talking rubish,do you even know what mba-mmiri means(even ikwerre call ijo mba mmiri). Why don't you keep quit if you don't know anything and anywhere outside oshogbo,sagamu, and ado.

5 Likes

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by shachris02: 2:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
joeprince23:
you like talking rubish,do you even know what mba-mmiri means(even ikwerre call ijo mba mmiri). Why don't you keep quit if you don't know anything and anywhere outside oshogbo,sagamu, and ado.

grin ndi mba mmiri wants to start forming 'we igbos'. Kam nnukwa.

2 Likes

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by EasternActivist: 2:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
shachris02:

You are an Hausa/Fulani man. What ancestry do we have in common?
Nothing. So you answer me.

1 Like

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by shachris02: 2:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
EasternActivist:

Nothing. So you answer me.

good. so take your abooki nose off igbo matters.
Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by EasternActivist: 2:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
shachris02:

good. so take your abooki nose off igbo matters.
Oga... Off Igbo matters??
But why is a Yoruba man pokenosing on Igbo matters?

3 Likes

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by shachris02: 2:49pm On Jan 31, 2016
EasternActivist:

Oga... Off Igbo matters??
But why is a Yoruba man pokenosing on Igbo matters?

why is an hausa man pokenosing on igbo matters?

5 Likes

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by EasternActivist: 2:51pm On Jan 31, 2016
shachris02:

why is an hausa man pokenosing on igbo matters?

Let them be ookk
Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by shachris02: 2:52pm On Jan 31, 2016
EasternActivist:

Let them be ookk

let us be, ookk? go and mind your cows and cattles. Ewu mmeh.

1 Like

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by joeprince23(m): 2:56pm On Jan 31, 2016
shachris02:

see the problem with you few bigots in SE.. The same way you discriminate against an anam man from anambra east. That your from a political SE means nothing. Igbo is igbo wether SE or SS... Period

1 Like

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by joeprince23(m): 2:56pm On Jan 31, 2016
shachris02:

pls stop making a full of your self
Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by EasternActivist: 3:01pm On Jan 31, 2016
shachris02:

let us be, ookk? go and mind your cows and cattles. Ewu mmeh.

Yoruba man that can't mind their business.
SS&SE unifaction troubles you.

2 Likes

Re: SS/SE Unity - No More “divide And Rule” by shachris02: 3:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
joeprince23:
see the problem with you few bigots in SE.. The same way you discriminate against an anam man from anambra east. That your from a political SE means nothing. Igbo is igbo wether SE or SS... Period

you are not politically relevant to us. We'd rather form an allieance with the North and SW. We tried you guys last year but y'all bunch of back stabbers. No go and drink some 'oyel'

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Look At A School In Oil Rich Bayelsa State[photos] / Naira Crisis: Presidency Warns El-rufai, Ganduje / Tribunal Shift Tinubu Inauguration !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.