Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,816 members, 7,810,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation (16650 Views)

Remember Agu From Beasts Of No Nation Movie? This Is Him Now / Davido Poses With Idris Elba At MOBO Awards 2017 (Photo) / Toke Makinwa Writes Idris Elba A Love Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by Diaryofnaija: 2:08pm On Jan 31, 2016
British actor Idris Elba, who played the supporting role in the movie based on the book by Uzodinma Iweala's, "Beast of No Nation" yesterday won a "Screen Actors Guild Award" SAGA for "best actor in a supporting role".

The actor showed up with his daughter won two awards and was looking dapper on the red carpet.

The movie "Beast Of No Nation" premiered in Nigeria in December and was attended by several Nollywood stars and Idris himself

Uzodinma Iweala, the author of the book, the movie was based on I the son of former Finanace Minister and Coordinating Minister Dr Ngozi Okojo Iweala. She was also at the premiere which held in Lagos in December.

Also in other news, Nigerian-American actress Uzo Aduba also won a SAGA Award last night for her role as "crazy eyes" in "Orange is the new balck"

Souce- http://gossipatrol..com.ng/2016/01/idris-elba-wins-sag-award-for-uzodinma.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by Diaryofnaija: 2:08pm On Jan 31, 2016

1 Like

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by AngryNigerian(m): 2:13pm On Jan 31, 2016
Good...

Hard work pays...

1 Like

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by cruzita(f): 2:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
good for him and thump up for uzodinma .

1 Like

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by Mologi(m): 2:58pm On Jan 31, 2016
Eba! Eba! Eba! Make sense

2 Likes

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
Congratz sir. You have a beautiful daughter too.
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by sukkot: 5:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
big drizzy

1 Like

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by chelseabmw(m): 5:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
Winning awards since 1960

Congrats idris
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by dan55: 5:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
Sweet
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by Lasgidy1(m): 5:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
I love the movie. Its a must watch not all these usual rubbish from nollywood. I still find it incredible to believe a Nigerian and a female for that matter actually directed a war film and not just any how war film, but a super sintilating, suspense filled, action packaged with gr8 sense of humour. Good job to team #beast of no nation# with love from imagination TV viewers

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by coded01: 5:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
Congratulations... grin cool
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by adedam007(m): 5:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
T
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by Akshow: 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
Sexy hunk
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by kingthreat(m): 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
Idris Elba was superb in that role.

2 Likes

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by Pangea: 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
angry
Who is that negatively beautiful lady in the other picture?
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by landinfo: 5:18pm On Jan 31, 2016
Splendid......Beast of No Nation
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by fashrola(m): 5:19pm On Jan 31, 2016
It's a nice movie.... though very disturbing.... Children with guns are BEASTS...
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by candiva2013(m): 5:19pm On Jan 31, 2016
Nice one
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by beau49: 5:20pm On Jan 31, 2016
kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by Hazardhandsome(m): 5:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
;DTwo I.c: Soldiers,how does our commandant look. Soldiers: Alright sir.

10 Likes

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by pixtuk(m): 5:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
THAT WOMAN TEETH BIG O.

PLEASE IS THE PIRATED COPY OUT?

4 Likes

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by kobonaire(m): 5:21pm On Jan 31, 2016
Wonderful movie - some scenes were pretty tough to watch though. Great story - I liked the depiction of the infamous 'General Butt Naked' there. The acting was superb too. Another great movie by the same director is 'Sin Nombre'

1 Like

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by IamOpemipo(m): 5:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
Idris Elba, omo odua toh bad tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by qualityovenbake(m): 5:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
Nice. Never knew he has a grownup daughter.
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by sukkot: 5:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
pixtuk:
THAT WOMAN TEETH BIG O.

PLEASE IS THE PIRATED COPY OUT?
yes. buy it at the pirate confraternity headquarters

3 Likes

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by 3rdlegxxx(m): 5:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
Lasgidy1:
I love the movie. Its a must watch not all these usual rubbish from nollywood. I still find it incredible to believe a Nigerian and a female for that matter actually directed a war film and not just any how war film, but a super sintilating, suspense filled, action packaged with gr8 sense of humour. Good job to team #beast of no nation# with love from imagination TV viewers

Lasgidi you would need to tell me all about this movie, is it as good as you described cos i am curious
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by Mattew690(m): 5:29pm On Jan 31, 2016
Ok oh
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by Berrylite: 5:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
I gat to watch it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Moment A Fan Gripped Burna Boy’s Feet For Blessings (Video) / Monalisa Chinda & Ini Edo At Genevieve Mag Morning Dew Reading / Comedian Stainless To Mark 15 Years On Stage During Performance In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.