Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,563 members, 7,820,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation (16662 Views)

Remember Agu From Beasts Of No Nation Movie? This Is Him Now / Davido Poses With Idris Elba At MOBO Awards 2017 (Photo) / Toke Makinwa Writes Idris Elba A Love Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by aquadude15: 5:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
does any one has a link to were I can download this film pls
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
The movie felt rushed, the pidgin english and accent didn't sound Nigerian at all, and many of the cast were obviously not Nigerians.

But I enjoyed it a great deal. It moved me to tears when the child soldier was asked to hack that engineer to death. cry cry cry so diff from the typical naija movies.
Idris Elba -great actor!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by holuwerpelume: 5:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
congrat...d 5th pishure tho...d lady in white luk weird and scary...
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by Endtimesmith(m): 5:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
His movies swag is tight...you don try for yoursef bro,kudos!

1 Like

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by Zehner(f): 5:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
Wait is that the daughter? She looks like crazy Susan in "orange is the new black" shocked
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by arvinsloane(m): 5:41pm On Jan 31, 2016
Brb
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by Princess4ng(f): 5:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
[color=#770077][/color]and am yet to watch the movie.... #God damn it
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by anonym0us: 5:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
BaebieHot:
The movie felt rushed, the pidgin english and accent didn't sound Nigerian at all, and many of the cast were obviously not Nigerians.

But I enjoyed it a great deal. It moved me to tears when the child soldier was asked to hack that engineer to death. cry cry cry so diff from the typical naija movies.
Idris Elba -great actor!
the story is based on the civil war in Liberia not a Nigerian script..i have the movie but don't know how to upload it

1 Like

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by SolexxBarry(m): 5:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
Nice concept
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by Orikinla(m): 5:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
OP, it is not Uzodinma Iweala's movie. The film adaptation of his novel does not make it his movie. The cast of Cary Joji Fukunaga's "Beasts of No Nation" received a nomination for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture for the 2016 annual Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards.
The principal cast are ABRAHAM ATTAH as "Agu", KURT EGYIAWAN as "2nd I-C" and IDRIS ELBA as "Commandant".
The movie was adapted from Uzodinma Iweala's award winning novel of the same title.
See full list of the nominees of the SAG on http://www.sagawards.org/awards/nominees-and-recipients/22nd-annual-screen-actors-guild-awards

The 22nd Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards, honoring the best achievements in film and television performances for the year 2015, will be presented on my birthday January 30, 2016 on both TNT and TBS 8:00 p.m. EST / 5:00 p.m. PST.
The venue is The Shrine Auditorium in LA.
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by Lasgidy1(m): 5:49pm On Jan 31, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

Lasgidi you would need to tell me all about this movie, is it as good as you described cos i am curious
If you're yet to, u dey miss
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by 3rdlegxxx(m): 5:52pm On Jan 31, 2016
Lasgidy1:

If you're yet to, u dey miss

bro i am yet to ooo, is there a link or somewhere i could get the movie to see
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by refreshrate: 5:53pm On Jan 31, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

Lasgidi you would need to tell me all about this movie, is it as good as you described cos i am curious

Trust me if you watch this movie, you won't want to watch another movie for a while.

Too awesome for 10movies I swear!

1 Like

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by happney65: 5:57pm On Jan 31, 2016
Oya Black people come and rant..You have being ranting say Una no.collect Oscar..Shiorr...Always blaming the next person for he's woes..
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by refreshrate: 6:02pm On Jan 31, 2016
BaebieHot:

Idris Elba -great actor!

Relax, read & understand more about the movie before passing judgement please.

Nobody in the cast was even Nigerian! The book was only written by a Nigerian

Nothing was rushed in its production

Pidgin English isn't synonymous with Nigerians only several regions of the world have their own type even the Britons.

So please chill, read & use the internet more to expand your knowledge before judging, it helps...alot!

This movie beasts of no nation I ready take bullet for am. Acknowledge a masterpiece when you see one

This one buried half of a yellow Sun like it never even existed I swear!

1 Like

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by refreshrate: 6:06pm On Jan 31, 2016
happney65:
Oya Black people come and rant..You have being ranting say Una no.collect Oscar..Shiorr...Always blaming the next person for he's woes..

You obviously haven't seen beasts of no nation

Or seen most of the movies being nominated for best performing male & best supporting male in the Oscars this year to compare.

Pls do so first then come back to rewrite this.

Do you think you can?

1 Like

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by justmenoni: 6:08pm On Jan 31, 2016
Waiting for forteadams to attack this woman sharply,click like if u understand
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by tottinova: 6:15pm On Jan 31, 2016
Diaryofnaija:
British actor Idris Elba, who played the supporting role in the movie based on the book by Uzodinma Iweala's, "Beast of No Nation" yesterday won a "Screen Actors Guild Award" SAGA for "best actor in a supporting role".

The actor showed up with his daughter won two awards and was looking dapper on the red carpet.

The movie "Beast Of No Nation" premiered in Nigeria in December and was attended by several Nollywood stars and Idris himself

Uzodinma Iweala, the author of the book, the movie was based on I the son of former Finanace Minister and Coordinating Minister Dr Ngozi Okojo Iweala. She was also at the premiere which held in Lagos in December.

Also in other news, Nigerian-American actress Uzo Aduba also won a SAGA Award last night for her role as "crazy eyes" in "Orange is the new balck"

Souce- http://gossipatrol..com.ng/2016/01/idris-elba-wins-sag-award-for-uzodinma.html

I really enjoyed that movie

Agu, tyise, commander and the rest cheesy

1 Like

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by RealSleek(m): 6:16pm On Jan 31, 2016
I think due credit should also go to the man that came up with the term " beast of no nation" without him there will be no film.

great baba abami eda FELA, I doff my hat

1 Like

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by litetias(m): 6:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
refreshrate:

You obviously haven't seen beasts of no nation

Or seen most of the movies being nominated for best performing male & best supporting male in the Oscars this year to compare.

Pls do so first then come back to rewrite this.

Do you think you can?
The blacks are a minority in Hollywood. The big studio heads are white. The money men are whites. Hell even the cinema audiences is mostly white and they go to the movies to watch someone like them. The studios make movies that the majority of the cinema audience can relate to and since most of thosr who go to the movies are white then it only makes sense that the best roles in the movies are reserved for whites. Since the time of Sidney Poitier it's a known fact that for a black to become relevant as an actor/actress he has to transcend his race and be able to take on acting roles that whites normally play.

At the moment there are few blacks that have been able to break free of the black actor stereotypes and they include Morgan Freeman, Will Smith and Denzel Washington.

The rest are still shackled by their skin

BTW Beasts of No Nation was shot in Ghana, the lead actor is a Nigerian, writer and director a Nigerian, Supporting male actor is british so I guess you can say the film could only have been nominated in the Foreign category and not in the main categories

1 Like

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 31, 2016
refreshrate:

Relax, read & understand more about the movie before passing judgement please.

Nobody in the cast was even Nigerian! The book was only written by a Nigerian

Nothing was rushed in its production

Pidgin English isn't synonymous with Nigerians only several regions of the world have their own type even the Britons.

So please chill, read & use the internet more to expand your knowledge before judging, it helps...alot!

This movie beasts of no nation I ready take bullet for am. Acknowledge a masterpiece when you see one

This one buried half of a yellow Sun like it never even existed I swear!

And did I say the movie was no masterpiece? Ur blood too hot jare.
Have always tot it was a Nigerian movie, hence my observations

Sha, I get it now
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
anonym0us:
the story is based on the civil war in Liberia not a Nigerian script..i have the movie but don't know how to upload it

Oh ok, that clears it. Thanks
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by holmez(m): 6:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
one of my favourite movies n actor

1 Like

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
litetias:

The blacks are a minority in Hollywood. The big studio heads are white. The money men are whites. Hell even the cinema audiences is mostly white and they go to the movies to watch someone like them. The studios make movies that the majority of the cinema audience can relate to and since most of thosr who go to the movies are white then it only makes sense that the best roles in the movies are reserved for whites. Since the time of Sidney Poitier it's a known fact that for a black to become relevant as an actor/actress he has to transcend his race and be able to take on acting roles that whites normally play.

At the moment there are few blacks that have been able to break free of the black actor stereotypes and they include Morgan Freeman, Will Smith and Denzel Washington.

And that's how it should be. I don't see that many old white women or Asian or Mexican American faces on the big screen or being but.thurt about it. So blacks requesting some diving privilege makes me cringe honestly. As I've always believed, music and art and cinema are luxuries you can do without until you've conquered commerce and industry. I'll rather be sore at the fact that no black has won the Fields Medal or represented the US at the Math Olympiad.

1 Like

Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by oau147: 7:12pm On Jan 31, 2016
Nice movie but d conclusion was not what I luv,nobody knew what happened to elba
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by Lasgidy1(m): 7:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

bro i am yet to ooo, is there a link or somewhere i could get the movie to see
I watched mine on youtube
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by moete(m): 7:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
best movie of 2015 for me....the AGU character was something else...
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by YOUNGKAHUNA: 7:59pm On Jan 31, 2016
Nice Movie, but some scene are disturbing, especially where the child soldier hacked the Engineering student to death.
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by Icekyng: 8:05pm On Jan 31, 2016
Pangea:
angry Who is that negatively beautiful lady in the other picture?
lol *falls from mango tree *
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by tjfulloption(m): 8:27pm On Jan 31, 2016
Nice movie beast of no nation... Meanwhile watch out for the part2 featuring: Mr. Ibu, saka, sanyeri, and other nollyword clowns.
Re: Idris Elba Wins SAG Award For Uzodinma Iweala's Movie, Beasts Of Nation by refreshrate: 8:31pm On Jan 31, 2016
litetias:

BTW Beasts of No Nation was shot in Ghana, the lead actor is a Nigerian, writer and director a Nigerian, Supporting male actor is british so I guess you can say the film could only have been nominated in the Foreign category and not in the main categories

I can't argue with you when your "facts" are wrong.

The lead actor in beasts of no nation is Abraham Attah. Ghanaian kid.

Screenplay was written by...oh God what's the point here take Wikipedia and read (it's free) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beasts_of_No_Nation

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Halima Abubakar To Name Bullies In Nollywood / Monalisa Chinda & Ini Edo At Genevieve Mag Morning Dew Reading / Comedian Stainless To Mark 15 Years On Stage During Performance In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.