Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,391 members, 7,836,573 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Candid Opinion About Buhari And Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Candid Opinion About Buhari And Jonathan (458 Views)

Caption This President Buhari And Jonathan's Picture / This Picture Says A Lot About Buhari's Fight Against Corruption / Lere Olayinka's Tweet About Buhari's Age Vs Aisha's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Candid Opinion About Buhari And Jonathan by manuelmarvel(m): 2:44pm On Jan 31, 2016
I recently watched two interviews: one was with
the former president, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan
and the other one was with the current
president, Muhammadu Buhari, both of them
were a hot mess, I was so damn ashamed for
them. Honestly, none of them was impressive in their knowledge of the issues or the processes
of the government they led and still leading. It
was like watching a "stupid competition", like
who sounded way more stupid!
While Jonathan sounded terribly evasive, dodgy,
pedestrian and ignorant on pressing issues surrounding his leadership, Buhari on the other
hand sound like a typical jingoist blaring a
divisive song from the the past with his
95%-5% gibberish response to a simple
question about running an all inclusive
government from a member of the audience. The moderator who was obviously embarrassed
had to explain what an inclusive government
meant to Mr president.
The only Nigerian president from 1999 to
present who does not give this kind of "cringe
worthy" interviews is Obasanjo. I don't like the man, in fact, his government was one of
gangsterism and hostile takeovers, and way
more corrupt. However, when he gives
interviews, you get the idea he knows exactly
what he is doing, who is doing what in his
government and when they do what they do, he talks about issues with the proper
understanding and perspective without
sounding like an ignoramus.
In retrospect, I can categorically say that
choosing between Jonathan and Buhari was
one that was bound to lead us to the dungeons either way, they are both incompetent and
should not lead a local government let alone a
country. It's unfortunate that our system keeps
her best in relegation and put out the worse to
play the game, we were only given the chance
to choose between two "mediocres". I don't regret supporting Jonathan neither do I miss
him, it is just sad we let people of very low
intellect take the reigns of power in this country
and expect magic.
Re: Candid Opinion About Buhari And Jonathan by temblor(m): 3:00pm On Jan 31, 2016
Loops, OP be careful what you wish for.
Re: Candid Opinion About Buhari And Jonathan by manuelmarvel(m): 3:20pm On Jan 31, 2016
You mean d Afang soup nd swallow i jst wished for? Cos other than dat, d write-up had no wish list.
Re: Candid Opinion About Buhari And Jonathan by ashjay001(m): 3:37pm On Jan 31, 2016
Its better to av a clueless fellow with a sense of integrity than one with no morals!
Re: Candid Opinion About Buhari And Jonathan by manuelmarvel(m): 5:24pm On Jan 31, 2016
Opinion noted Ashjay

(1) (Reply)

CBN N50 Stamp Duty And Its Likely Effects On Nigeria / Omoyele, Founder Of Sahara Reporters Turns 45. / You Have Sacked Yourselves, Osun Govt Tells Striking Doctors.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.