Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,154 members, 7,815,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari (24763 Views)

Gov.wike Weeps Says;tomorrow If We Win, They Will Say Judiciary Is Corrupt" / Olisah Metuh Offers To Return N400m, Pledges Support For Anti-Corruption War- SR / Judiciary Is My Main Headache In The War Against Corruption - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by emamos: 6:05pm On Jan 31, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Sunday said as far his administration’s ongoing anti-corruption fight is concerned, the nation’s judiciary remains his major headache.
He said the fight against corruption in Nigeria could only be effectively tackled with the strong support of the judiciary.
According to a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, the President spoke in Addis Ababa at a town hall meeting he had with Nigerians living in Ethiopia.
He said far-reaching reforms of the judiciary remained a key priority for the present administration.
Buhari said his travails in courts up to the level of the Supreme Court in his three previous attempts at becoming the President were clear indications that the judiciary needs urgent reforms.
The President said, “On the fight against corruption vis-à-vis the judiciary, Nigerians will be right to say that is my main headache for now.
“If you reflect on what I went through for 12 years when I wanted to be the President, I attempted three times and on the fourth attempt through God and the use of technology, it was possible for Nigerians to elect an APC candidate as President.
“In my first attempt in 2003, I ended up at the Supreme Court and for 13 months I was in court. The second attempt in 2007, I was in court close to 20 months and in 2011, my third attempt, I was also in court for nine months.
“All these cases went up to the Supreme Court until the fourth time in 2015, when God agreed that I will be President of Nigeria.”
The President however assured members of the Nigerian community that with the support of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Mahmud Mohammed, he would continue to do his best to improve the nation’s judicial administration system

http://www.punchng.com/anti-corruption-war-judiciary-main-headache-says-buhari/.

7 Likes

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by emamos: 6:05pm On Jan 31, 2016
It is well

2 Likes

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by chriskosherbal(m): 6:07pm On Jan 31, 2016
Hmmm judiciary, I dont really think so, I think the legislature should be your main headache.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by temblor(m): 6:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
Mr President, don't let me vent my anger on you. So you never knew the Judiciary was an Arm of Government before contesting the elections? Why lamenting! Oh, I guess it's clearly not business of the 80's, where war against indiscipline was a matter of an ORDER. By the way, the Legislators are camping for now, and will soon create a temblor.

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by evansvenus(m): 6:42pm On Jan 31, 2016
That should be the least of your problems.

What should be bothering you, would be how to provide nigerians

-with good social amenities

-douse the the tension emanating from the south east before it aggravate into something you can't handle

-stop the selective fight against corruption,make it all inclusive,even to your party members.

-lucidly lay out your economic policies,it is becoming apparent you stand for nothing and you will definately fall for everything.

-provide employment to the unemployed work force.because employment in nigeria is growing spirally and exponentially.

And lastly equate one dollar with a naira,because nigerians ain't gonna forget this promise so soon!

124 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by TheFreeOne: 6:45pm On Jan 31, 2016
How will his fight against corruption succeed when he has made up his mind that everyone accused of corruption is guilty before prosecution including the judiciary which is another arm of govt

This man will be his own undoing and that is part of the reason some of us said Buhari can't function properly in a democracy.

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by drss(m): 6:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
so says buari dullard. corruption is not nigeria's problem.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by jmaine: 6:46pm On Jan 31, 2016
So that you can just lock your critics up in the name of corruption ala Dan Fulani

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by Aufbauh(m): 6:47pm On Jan 31, 2016
Buhari means different things to different categories of people ;
To the ELECTION RIGGERS, he is a COUPIST
To the less privileged NIGERIANS, he is a HELPER
To the CORRUPT, he is a JAILER
To the DRUG BARONS, he is a KILLER
To the runaway THIEF, he is a CRATER
To a dying ECONOMY, he is a SAVIOUR
To INDICIPLINE, he is BRUTISH
To the TERRORIST, he is an ENEMY
To the brown envelope JOURNALISTS like ait, he is a DICTATOR
To DORA AKUNYILI, he is a caring BOSS
To the OIL INDUSTRY, he is a REFINARIES BUILDER
To the ORDINARY PEOPLE, he is one of them
To the PDP, he is a DESTOYER
To the APC, he is the CHANGE
To JONATHAN, FFK, METUH, he is a NEMESIS
To Fayose, Nnamdi Kanu and IPOBians, he is a NIGHTMARE

Your behaviour determines your definition of Buhari.
To me he is the leader of the much needed CHANGE in Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria!

129 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by drss(m): 6:50pm On Jan 31, 2016
TheFreeOne:
How will his fight against corruption succeed when he has made up his mind that everyone accused of corruption is guilty before prosecution including the judiciary which is another arm of govt

This man will be his own undoing and that is part of the reason some of us said Buhari can't function properly in a democracy.
buari's mind is feudalism. he's thinking n reasoning faculties ar ancient. does not possess d necessary scientific intelligence to function in a modern world led alone lead nigeria in dis new age.
buari should just resign n go back to his real calling - cattle rearing.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by TimeManager(m): 7:19pm On Jan 31, 2016
Even the wailing buffoons couldn't agree more with you that our judiciary is a puppet in the hands of the politicians but wailers would always buttlick corrupt & celebrated criminals at the detriment of our future. The wailing buffoons & wailers community are part and parcel of our problems.
The truth has spoken!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 31, 2016
Find the panadol or do lobotomy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by Sasuwa(f): 7:31pm On Jan 31, 2016
Cmon shut up and sit up to work, we are tired of ur unending talks

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by cizy: 7:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
This man is the most sensless animal the world has ever seen. Imagine, the country is burning, boko haram just wiped out over 300 people in Maiduguri and injured about 700, the economy is bleeding, crime is on the rise, jobs are lost per minute, businesses are suffering, power supply is still epileptic, our roads are still death traps as accidents happen in their tens on daily basis, etc, yet all this foolish mad man can utter is this trash?

Am really pissed right now! angry

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
Speechless

2 Likes

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by ShitHead(m): 7:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
Then get ready for migraine...this is DEMOCRACY not Dauracracy. Resign and save yourself the embarrassment.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by Saheed9: 7:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
How I wish we could just go back to military Era for just one year

4 Likes

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by kekakuz(m): 7:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
[sThe ize=20pt] sir I think you have more than one source of headache
Lying Mohammed no1
Amaechi no2
Tinunbu 3
Kenyan oloshos 4
Your sick looking cows 5
Obasanjo 6
Price of dollar 7
Rising price of gworo 8
Wikes victory 9
Etc
[/size]

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by habbyy03: 7:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
I won't curse u! Cos dis sufferin is much

3 Likes

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
TheFreeOne:

This man will be his own undoing and that is part of the reason some of us said Buhari can't function properly in a democracy

10 Likes

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by Aspireahead(m): 7:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
what do u suggest sir? we scrap that arm of government, cancel the constitution and live by your decrees?

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by Shortyy(f): 7:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
.What trash is this man spewing? God did what?? i don't even wanna go there. Speaking of Judiciary, you want to eliminate them and take the laws into your own hands or what? Won't they do their jobs again? warisdis?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by johntaiwo123(m): 7:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 31, 2016
Hope you ll not muzzle the judiciary the way you doing to opposition?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
You are complaining about the judiciary because of the recent river state ruling.Why have you not order efcc to look into the book of lagos state?Why have your friends not been prosecuted? Are they saints?

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by francoray(m): 7:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
It is obvious Mr president...
I know you love this country but wicked forces will always fight back .
The evil that men do, shocks the devil.
Mr president, please do your best and leave the rest for God.
For a nation get the kind of leaders it deserved

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by Bsc(m): 7:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
I recommend panadol for the headache.. E never dey ache.. U think say to be president na to rear cattle!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by daveson07: 7:34pm On Jan 31, 2016
How i wish Nigerian can speak in one voice,but people got different size of brain and view from different angle
but sha,Buhari those who understand ur pain and concern are still onlin despite too many fools,kick on God will see u tru

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by YelloweWest: 7:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
Good Lord! Buhari is so vindictive and immature!
Just because the Supreme Court gave a judgement that did not favour his cronies...
Na wa oh!!!
Is this actually happening in modern day Nigeria?
This man will surely destroy this country.

12 Likes

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by Ola17: 7:35pm On Jan 31, 2016
PMB is sounding like a closet dictator o. Does he expect judgements to always go the way he wanted? Yes, massive corruption exists in the judiciary just like every other arm of the government, but coming out to make a blanket statement like this in his capacity as the president is very worrisome. He said ministers are irrelevant and noisemakers, he shows open contempt for the legislative arm of the government and now this?!

People, it may turn out that we have another dictator in our hands cry

8 Likes

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
What about scrapping the constitution and draft a new,not political,one.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-corruption War: Judiciary Is My Main Headache, Says Buhari by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 31, 2016
Mr PMB please don't have headache now because you are not up to a year in office.

(1) (2) (3)

FG And Ex-Militants Meet In Benin Over Niger Delta Avengers / Atiku Interviewed On Voice Of America (Picture) / Feb 2023 v Feb 2024: Prices Of Rice, Garri, Yam soar By Over 100% – NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.