Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,735 members, 7,955,787 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:10 PM

The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State (8345 Views)

Truth Behind NYSC 2018 Batch A Female Kwara Corp Member Amadi's Death / Tragedy Hits Nasarawa NYSC, Three Dead, One Kidnapped / Nysc Choice Of State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by ferdyferd: 6:23pm On Jan 31, 2016
Hello house. To the prospective cooper's Am sure in a way or the other you heard that NYSC don't give people their first choice of state. Many say if u want a particular state make it your second or third choice but not your first.

Now this is to the Cooper's already service 15b stream 2. How true is this or is it just another Myth?
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by joefredd006(m): 7:09pm On Jan 31, 2016
believe me, its not a hoax. i personally took a data of all the mobilised Unilorin 2015 batch B and some private university students . 67% got their second choice while 33% got third choice. NO ONE got his first choice
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by Tiwa101: 7:26pm On Jan 31, 2016
But this is Nigeria.. They might twist it and give batch A pcm their first choices.. You just cant tell.. Just pray over it.
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by ferdyferd: 9:43pm On Jan 31, 2016
joefredd006:
believe me, its not a hoax. i personally took a data of all the mobilised Unilorin 2015 batch B and some private university students . 67% got their second choice while 33% got third choice. NO ONE got his first choice

Or perhaps most of the chose state like Lagos, Abuja, Enugu, Akwa ibom. Probably as their first choice hence they were given the less sort after state?
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by ifeanyija(m): 9:56pm On Jan 31, 2016
ferdyferd:
Hello house. To the prospective cooper's Am sure in a way or the other you heard that NYSC don't give people their first choice of state. Many say if u want a particular state make it your second or third choice but not your first.

Now this is to the Cooper's already service 15b stream 2. How true is this or is it just another Myth?
I got my 1st choice, some also got 1st choice. Depends on the state u select

1 Like

Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by miniziter(m): 10:32pm On Jan 31, 2016
The very truth about state of choice is that if you're not interested in the Northern areas, don't go and fool yourself by putting any thing North their because NYSC don't overlook North (even if its your 20th choice) they will definitely give it to you once you choose it.

5 Likes

Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by Talkingboy: 11:28pm On Jan 31, 2016
miniziter:
The very truth about state of choice is that if you're not interested in the Northern areas, don't go and fool yourself by putting any thing North their because NYSC don't overlook North (even if its your 20th choice) they will definitely give it to you once you choose it.

Which states did u pick sir, which one did dey give u?
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by Talkingboy: 11:29pm On Jan 31, 2016
ifeanyija:
I got my 1st choice, some also got 1st choice. Depends on the state u select

How did u pick it sir,,,, which order and which state dis u get sir?
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by miniziter(m): 4:04am On Feb 01, 2016
I choose Delta, Enugu and Niger but lol and behold, me and most of the people serving here were givenour 3rd choice simply because its a Northern state.
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by ferdyferd: 9:16am On Feb 01, 2016
miniziter:
I choose Delta, Enugu and Niger but lol and behold, me and most of the people serving here were givenour 3rd choice simply because its a Northern state.
LOl. Na una choose am na
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by Welcomme: 3:21pm On Feb 01, 2016
My choice of states in this order...OYO as first choice, Akwa Ibom as 2nd choice and Abuja as 3rd choice. Which state do u guys think they might post me to out of these three states?My state of origin is Osun while I schooled in kaduna.
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by Femmyfamous4u(m): 6:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
i will be choosing Lagos, Akwa Ibom And Abuja. I actually prefer akwa ibom d most but Lagos won't be a bad idea coz that is where i reside
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by ferdyferd: 10:51pm On Feb 01, 2016
Welcomme:
My choice of states in this order...OYO as first choice, Akwa Ibom as 2nd choice and Abuja as 3rd choice. Which state do u guys think they might post me to out of these three states?My state of origin is Osun while I schooled in kaduna.
No one actually know, u can be posted to any of the three or evn outside the three. But since Akwa ibom nd Abuja is so competitive probably Oyo state.

But yet again you can b posted anywhere
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by cr80vity(m): 7:43am On Feb 02, 2016
Welcomme:

pls tel me abt serving in oyo...m tinkin of choosin dere
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by Welcomme: 11:00am On Feb 02, 2016
cr80vity:

pls tel me abt serving in oyo...m tinkin of choosin dere
Dont really know much about d state, but I heard they are friendly and treat corpers well...
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by Brimmie(m): 12:15pm On Feb 02, 2016
Femmyfamous4u:
i will be choosing Lagos, Akwa Ibom And Abuja. I actually prefer akwa ibom d most but Lagos won't be a bad idea coz that is where i reside

Bros, that's the exact states I 'ld be choosing too.
1. Lagos
2. Akwa Ibom
3. Abuja

Is your course ICT related??
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by Brimmie(m): 12:18pm On Feb 02, 2016
ferdyferd:

No one actually know, u can be posted to any of the three or evn outside the three. But since Akwa ibom nd Abuja is so competitive probably Oyo state.

But yet again you can b posted anywhere
@Bold: False! You can't be posted out of your preferred states. When a State gets filled up, it 'ld be removed from the Options.
So if you're able to choose these states, you 'll definitely get one of the three.

1 Like

Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by ferdyferd: 6:47pm On Feb 02, 2016
Brimmie:

@Bold: False! You can't be posted out of your preferred states. When a State gets filled up, it 'ld be removed from the Options.
So if you're able to choose these states, you 'll definitely get one of the three.
Not true. I know of someone who was given a state outside of the one she chose.

2 Likes

Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by Walexz02(m): 7:43pm On Feb 02, 2016
Na wo o, this state choosing of a thing have been giving me headache all this while, I am thinking of choosing
Anambra
Ogun
Kaduna/sokoto in that order, what do you think about this friends
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by Femmyfamous4u(m): 9:04pm On Feb 02, 2016
Brimmie:

Bros, that's the exact states I 'ld be choosing too. 1. Lagos 2. Akwa Ibom 3. Abuja
Is your course ICT related??
No, I Studied Economics.
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by InwehAkpevwe(m): 12:31am On Feb 03, 2016
[quote author=Welcomme post=42523171]My choice of states in this order...OYO as first choice, Akwa Ibom as 2nd choice and Abuja as 3rd choice. Which state do u guys think they might post me to out of these three states?My state of origin is Osun while I schooled in kaduna.[/quote) bro please tell me more about kaduna... Am from delta state and am intending taking kaduna as my 1st choice... I need response bro

1 Like

Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by kizolo(m): 1:41am On Feb 03, 2016
Femmyfamous4u:
No, I Studied Economics.
Fellow policy maker!
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by mactoni91(m): 6:33am On Feb 03, 2016
if you cant find any reasonable state to chose from, just wait till its only Borno,Yobe or any North-eastern state left...
Chose only Borno or any of the North-Eastern state and submit.
You dont get to camp at Borno(You camp at Kastina just like we did) ,get an Auto-redeployment instantly without any Medical or Marriage certificate(95% of Batch B posted to Borno redeployed to other states while 5% chose to follow Nysc staffs down to Borno)
what am trying to say is that Borno is a Blessing in disguise coz you get to Redeploy based on Security grounds.
Thank me later
Speaking from experience
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 03, 2016
KingJB:

It really does not matter how fast you register or in what order you choose your states of choice; you can not predict where you will be given. Fact.

It is rumoured that the system is programmed to choose simultaneously for succeeding PCMs. That is, the system chooses 1st choice for one person, 2nd choice for the next, 3rd choice for the next...back to 1st choice..in that order.

So if you are bent on serving in a state, DO NOT rely on your choices. Do something else.
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by Blacksilver77: 8:42am On Feb 03, 2016
Good morning y'all, I am from delta state and schooled in Edo state...pls what's the possibility of me getting any of these three states and in what order do u advise I choose them online: Akwa ibom, Enugu and Lagos.thanks
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by Femistico(m): 10:35am On Feb 03, 2016
am thinking of enugu, akwa ibom, ogun I sha dey pray to be posted to akwa ibom
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by ferdyferd: 10:58am On Feb 03, 2016
Everyone is choosing akwa ibom and Enugu. Na wa o
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by Walexz02(m): 12:17pm On Feb 03, 2016
I do u know why guys are obsessed with akwa ibom and enugu..is because of the pay or what..
I prefar Anambra jere
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by Fizman1(m): 1:23pm On Feb 03, 2016
Pls Guys, am planning on choosing Abuja,Kd or lagos n Enugu.....

Ymodulus wer are u

Cc:lalasticlala, seun pls i tink we need general view of dis
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by igwe44(m): 5:22pm On Feb 03, 2016
I swear this thing is giving me serious headache,i will love to serve at Akwa ibom,should I put Akwa ibom 1st,2nd or 3rd.
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by Olasum(f): 5:54pm On Feb 03, 2016
miniziter:
Hey, how's Niger state, thinking of choosing the state.m
Re: The Myth Behind NYSC Three Choice Of State by Blessedgurl(f): 6:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
Brimmie:

Am a serving batch b 15 corper. Few people got posted outside their choices while some also got their first choices. Just choose your 3 best States to avoid disappointment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Became A Big Boy During And After NYSC / NYSC EXEMPTION CERTIFICATE: Step-by-step Guide On How To Register / BATCH B 2014 Benue State Corpers, Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.