Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

My Love For God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Love For God (272 Views)

Difference Between Working For God And Working For Church / Seun, Finally I Want To Give You An Undeniable Proof of God's Existence. / Lady Without Legs Backs Her Baby, Leads A Praise Session For God. Pics Go Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Love For God by mohemos: 11:32am On Feb 01, 2016
You can’t claim you love someone but you don’t spend time with that person. You can’t say “I LOVE YOU” to someone you can’t stand his or her presence. You can’t claim you love your spouse, parents etc. and yet don’t obey them or do what please them.

Christians confess of their love for God and hatred for Satan and still they can’t live to please God and do his will completely rather they run after the things of this world and build for themselves worldly treasures. They are not faithful to God but rather cheat on him with what they use as their idol and the kind of life they live. Anything that takes the first place in your life beside God is your idol and it’s cheating on God. Luke 10:27 He answered: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and love your neighbor as yourself.”(NIV) You must love God with everything you have to make it to heaven without exceptions. You must give him your whole and make him your all without holding back.

You can’t claim you love God when you can’t spend time with him, when you can’t forsake your secret and open sins and confess him entirely and stick to that. You can’t claim you love God but would rather cover your lie, fornication, greed etc. instead of repenting and forsaking them. How can someone claim he loves God but doesn’t love his neighbor? How can one who oppresses the poor and bear false witnesses against the just claim a love for God? No one that steals or takes bribe of any sort loves God, no one who lives a life full of hatred and grudge for others know or has seen God. Hebrew 12:14 “Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy: without holiness no-one will see God” (NIV). Only in perfection and holiness can you make it to heaven.

Believers were called Christians because they behaved like Christ. Check yourself as a believer are you living a Christ like life on earth? The life you are living is it worth eternity in heaven? No atom of sin in you will allow you to heaven no matter how small it seems.

In conclusion, acknowledge your sins today and confess them for GOD is still in the business of forgiving sins and granting eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord and savior. Prov 28:13 “He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.” (KJV)

I love you that’s why I forwarded this to you, do the same to people you love.
Re: My Love For God by Amberon11: 4:15pm On Feb 01, 2016
That's true! Lord forgive me, i'm guilty of this.

(1) (Reply)

"Grow In Grace..." / The Spiritual Cancer Of The Tongue. / Congratulations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.