Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th - Jobs/Vacancies (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th (121705 Views)

IITA Is Recruiting, Closes On 30th November And 8th December. / Npower Online Test Closes On October 25: Makeup Test Ongoing / Registration For Aso Villa Demo Day Closes 12 Midnight Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by olorunfunmiseyi: 6:05pm On Oct 24, 2016
It's all about grace, not what you wrote in the test

1 Like

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Hassy4(f): 7:18pm On Oct 24, 2016
obobocee:
Also Agwuabia, any hint on the highest score at Oct., 7th Obajana
Am also asking same question here o. Lol
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by agwuabia: 8:31pm On Oct 24, 2016
obobocee:
Also Agwuabia, any hint on the highest score at Oct., 7th Obajana
obobocee:
Agwuabia the way u took time to attend to questions here is rare. Any company u work with will experience ur impact for sure. Guess u r a super LION which yr plz.

I have no idea about the scores for both September and October 7th test but the overall highest score for the whole test is 73% from Mechanical.
With regards to your second post, yes I am a super Lion class of 2014.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by obobocee(m): 8:59pm On Oct 24, 2016
OK tnx for d answers Agwuabia, same 73% u mentioned b4 d electrical test. I guess they v not compiled d electrical result.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Gnen: 9:05pm On Oct 24, 2016
agwuabia:

I have no idea about the scores for both September and October 7th test but the overall highest score for the whole test is 73% from Mechanical.
With regards to your second post, yes I am a super Lion class of 2014.
From the analysis he gave @obobocee, 52% is highest score in obajana shows that cut-off for electrical is low and that Mech guys performs the best. Am not surprise because most of the general questions is highly mechanical related questions. September and October guys all is well.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nelzone(m): 9:15pm On Oct 24, 2016
Exactly wat I'm saying. Perhaps wat they wanted was exactly mining engineering, and like u said with preference to FUTA. I know there's transparency in the process. So I'm not tryna say they used connection or sometin. Just simplYly sayinf they perhaps didn't pay any attention to test scores in cases where they had other stronger criteria. So the interview isn't really a reflection of the test performance. Atleast for Mining department. Quote me on that. Note: I'm only sayin dis on the basis of the info dat test score of 31 was invited for mining o.
agwuabia:

Well bro I really don't know the criteria they adopted in selecting people for the interview invite. To the best of my knowledge, they have been transparent in the selection process so far unless they change in the final stage of the recruitment process. The five people that were invited for Automobile studied Mechanical engineering but they chose Automobile during the application, had they chosen Mechanical engineering none of them would have been invited for the interview because their scores were below the cut off mark for Mechanical. Though almost all the 13 people invited for Mining studied pure Mining Engineering from FUTA Akure. In everything just keep the hope alive, God has bigger things waiting for you in a different place.
Have a blast.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by awesomeJ(m): 9:21pm On Oct 24, 2016
Nelzone:
Abaaaaah. 31 for mining and I wasn't invited... I could remember mining questions were 40 dat day. And I answered over 30 correctly, cos was really cheap for me being from geology background, so i had time to cross check and was just a few, perhaps less than 10 I wasn't sure. Lets say for the benefit of doubt i got 25/40 there, for which i know i got way more than that. Then the general questions, i can't say I did dat well. That was the tough for everybody. Buh even at that there were some of the question there that I got straight up, my summarized count gives atleast 20 sure ones like dat. There were verbal and other non engineerin related questions na. So lowest i feel i should have scored wld be 45. Thats why hearing a 31 was invited is weird. Meaning I scored less than 30. It twas school i cld boldly contest that result. Buh yet again. For the benefit of doubt I'll just assume they used negative marking or perhaps they removed people that didn't study exactly mining engineering therefore ruling out doz that studied geology. Well anyhow, i have alreadt let go, just dat hearing dis 31 gettin an invited is really makin it kinda strange. Congrats u all who will make it. See u at d top
Nelzone, perhaps you graduated in 2013 or earlier. If that be the case, then you were probably not dropped cos of your score.

1 Like

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nelzone(m): 9:25pm On Oct 24, 2016
Ohhhhhh. Really.. Was that some other criteria used?. I was supposed to graduate in 2013 session, buh left school in 2014 due to dat 6 months strike.. So its very possible.
awesomeJ:

Nelzone, perhaps you graduated in 2013 or earlier. If that be the case, then you were probably not dropped cos of your score.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Hassy4(f): 9:40pm On Oct 24, 2016
awesomeJ:

Does graduating 2013 or earlier has anything to do with the selection? Please throw more light
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by agwuabia: 9:43pm On Oct 24, 2016
Nelzone:
Ohhhhhh. Really.. Was that some other criteria used?. I was supposed to graduate in 2013 session, buh left school in 2014 due to dat 6 months strike

The year one graduated didn't play major role in the interview selection process but the score one made and the course you studied and also the role one applied for.The 5 Automobile guys invited, none of them scored up to 50% but they were invited because they applied for Automobile engineering against Mechanical engineering even though they studied mechanical engineering as a course in school. Had they applied for mechanical engineering position ,none of them would have been invited because mech guys scored very high in the test.

Also some of the 13 guys invited for Mining engineering graduated in the year 2012 but because they studied pure Mining engineering they were invited even though their scores were not that high.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by agwuabia: 9:49pm On Oct 24, 2016
Nelzone:
Ohhhhhh. Really.. Was that some other criteria used?. I was supposed to graduate in 2013 session, buh left school in 2014 due to dat 6 months strike

The year one graduated didn't play major role in the interview selection process but the score one made and the course you studied and also the role one applied for.The 5 Automobile guys invited, none of them scored up to 50% but they were invited because they applied for Automobile engineering against Mechanical engineering even though they studied mechanical engineering as a course in school. Had they applied for mechanical engineering position ,none of them would have been invited because mech guys scored very high in the test.

Also some of the 13 guys invited for Mining engineering graduated in the year 2012 but because they studied pure Mining engineering they were invited even though their scores were not that high. If they had applied for mechanical engineering role they wouldn't have been selected as well because mechanical engineering cut -off mark will be above mining engineering cut-off mark.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by agwuabia: 4:45am On Oct 25, 2016
rhajaan:
I hope this recruitment is completed on time ...Things are getting harder for Dangote group
http://punchng.com/recession-dangote-sacks-36-expatriates-12-nigerians/

If you go through the paper, you will see where it was boldly quoted like this....."CONSEQUENTLY, THE INDUSTRIALIST, ACCORDING TO SOURCES HAS DECIDED TO REPLACE THE EXPATRIATES WITH NIGERIANS, WHO HAVE ACQUIRED THE REQUISITE EXPERIENCE ON THE JOB, AS PAYING THEM WILL BE LESS PROBLEMATIC".
People didn't notice this little blessing. Or maybe they are turning blind eyes. The sacking is good for Nigerians and the company itself. After all, we have capable hands that are Nigerians.

So the essence of GETS is to train the engineers the company will need in the future, not just in Nigeria but across Africa, instead of permanently relying on the expatriates who can leave the country at anytime.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by obobocee(m): 7:45am On Oct 25, 2016
@Gnen the info Agwuabia gave was based on May 6th. We r still waiting for the Sept & Oct.results. Guess u r electrical.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Gnen: 10:37am On Oct 25, 2016
obobocee:
@Gnen the info Agwuabia gave was based on May 6th. We r still waiting for the Sept & Oct.results. Guess u r electrical.
Yes.

1 Like

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Hassy4(f): 10:49am On Oct 25, 2016
obobocee:
Oh great. Left me thinking sha
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by obobocee(m): 11:03am On Oct 25, 2016
@Hassey4 there is no cos for alarm u can call d hr if u r not too sure of anything Agwuabia av been helful. Don't know y others r not talking may b they tot odaz will use it to score higher in d interview. For me great men have values guess what Agwuabia av been doing here since. Many will read it and add to their own yet will never comment or even say thank you.

1 Like

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by emmabod(m): 5:31pm On Oct 25, 2016
agwuabia:
I am currently at the interview venue. From the list of the invited candidates , those that scored the highest are having their interview today. The list of invited candidates ,their scores and their departments is distributed as follows:

1. Mechanical..... five(5) people were invite. Their scores are as follows: one(1) person scored the overall highest --73,three (3) people scored the same mark each --67 , the fifth person scored 62.
2.Electrical.... five(5) people were invite. Their scores are as follows: 1st person scored--52, 2nd person scored----50, 3rd person scored---45,4th person--43,5th person---40.
3.Automobile.... 1st person scored---47, 2nd person--40, 2 peoplescored 39 each, 5th person---32.
4.Mining...... 13 people were invited from mining. The highest score from mining is 55 while the lowest score is 31.

No Chemical person was invited for the interview.
It therefore means that all departments have invited for today's interview except chemical guys. I don't why chemical people were not invited for today's interview maybe theirs will come up later.

Reporting directly from Dangote Agrosack Ikeja, Lagos.

Very well done to you Bros.
did your above analysis pertain to only the interview done yesterday, 24th October or combine interview for the first batch (24th,29th...)
please expatiate
thanks
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by babasewen(m): 7:42am On Oct 26, 2016
agwuabia:

Also some of the 13 guys invited for Mining engineering graduated in the year 2012 but because they studied pure Mining engineering they were invited even though their scores were not that high. If they had applied for mechanical engineering role they wouldn't have been selected as well because mechanical engineering cut -off mark will be above mining engineering cut-off mark.
bro I see as you dey fire the Indian man with all Dangote establishments in Nigeria. Lolz
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by agwuabia: 7:45am On Oct 26, 2016
babasewen:
bro I see as you dey fire the Indian man with all Dangote establishments in Nigeria. Lolz

Hahaha, you indeed saw me........lol
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by babasewen(m): 7:49am On Oct 26, 2016
agwuabia:

Hahaha, you indeed saw me........lol
I was beside you outside and also in the interview room
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by agwuabia: 7:52am On Oct 26, 2016
babasewen:
I was beside you outside and also in the interview room

OK, I remember, we both spoke after the interview.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by agwuabia: 7:57am On Oct 26, 2016
emmabod:

Very well done to you Bros.
did your above analysis pertain to only the interview done yesterday, 24th October or combine interview for the first batch (24th,29th...)
please expatiate
thanks

It is only for the interview done on the 24th October and this set of people wrote their test on May 6th.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by emmabod(m): 9:24am On Oct 26, 2016
agwuabia:

It is only for the interview done on the 24th October and this set of people wrote their test on May 6th.
OK.
I'm asking because I know some people scheduled for 29th October from the May 6th batch also. just to be sure of the total number of people invited for the batch.
Thanks
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by babasewen(m): 9:49am On Oct 26, 2016
agwuabia:

OK, I remember, we both spoke after the interview.
I didn't see you after. I left immediately
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by agwuabia: 10:36am On Oct 26, 2016
babasewen:
I didn't see you after. I left immediately

OK, maybe I mistook you for another person because when I came out from the interview room , I met another interviewee who has already been interviewed and we spoke,thereafter we went back to the reception room to enquire about the next move, the HR woman told us that they will mail us. I thought you were the person.

1 Like

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Hassy4(f): 10:50am On Oct 26, 2016
Mail u when grin cheesy cool
agwuabia:

OK, maybe I mistook you for another person because when I came out from the interview room , I met another interviewee who has already been interviewed and we spoke,thereafter we went back to the reception room to enquire about the next move, the HR woman told us that they will mail us. I thought you were the person.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by agwuabia: 10:59am On Oct 26, 2016
Hassy4:
Mail u when grin cheesy cool

When they might have finalised the GETS2016 recruitment. But definitely, it won't exceed this year,no one knows the exact time that they will get back to us to resume for the training ,for those that will scale through the interview.

1 Like

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by niiks9: 11:26am On Oct 26, 2016
Hello everyone also scheduled for the 29th @emmabod I see you !

2 Likes

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by emmabod(m): 6:12pm On Oct 26, 2016
niiks9:
Hello everyone also scheduled for the 29th @emmabod I see you !
mnnn....Not yet been scheduled - Sept /Oct batch
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by niiks9: 6:35pm On Oct 26, 2016
Ok I wrote on May 6th tho so like others said yours should be soon, was just surprised to see you on this thread as well. grin
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by youngmoney34: 7:45pm On Oct 26, 2016
niiks9:
Ok I wrote on May 6th tho so like others said yours should be soon, was just surprised to see you on this thread as well. grin
pls wat were d interview questions like
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by niiks9: 7:58pm On Oct 26, 2016
Unfortunately I cant say as I havent had the interview yet. I expect it should be just as our friend Agwuabia had said
youngmoney34:

pls wat were d interview questions like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (33) (Reply)

2016 Nigerian Police Recruitment Form - All Required Documents - A Must Read! / Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) / 2015 Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment Is Now On!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.