Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,334 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th - Jobs/Vacancies (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th (121692 Views)

IITA Is Recruiting, Closes On 30th November And 8th December. / Npower Online Test Closes On October 25: Makeup Test Ongoing / Registration For Aso Villa Demo Day Closes 12 Midnight Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Gnen: 3:49pm On Nov 03, 2016
obobocee:
@Obajana
Highest score was 87% for electrical
Pple also scored very low like 8%, but d least among d 19 people called was 57% on the list. The result came out after those in Lagos for 31st had been sent text msgs. And apart from the first 5 interviewed on 24/10/2016 wit scores ranging from 52%-40% those shortlisted for 31/10/2016 scored below 40%.
...hence d reason for cancellation.
So what you are saying is that all people that wrote in Lagos failed the exam. Obajana guys performed excellently well? Hun. Something fishy is happening here. Or am I the only only one thinking like this. If you remember that message was sent to guys in obajana before it was sent to those in Lagos, so I don't think this information is true.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 03, 2016
obobocee:
@Obajana
Pple also scored very low like 8%, but d least among d 19 people called was 57% on the list. The result came out after those in Lagos for 31st had been sent text msgs. And apart from the first 5 interviewed on 24/10/2016 wit scores ranging from 52%-40% those shortlisted for 31/10/2016 scored below 40%.

They should have explained to those guys or conduct a 2mins interview. And mail them later that the test and interview score did not meet up . That will at least relax their minds on their expenses
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by rhajaan(m): 5:09pm On Nov 03, 2016
obobocee:
@Obajana

This brings about the problem....I am thinking the obajana test was easier than the Ikeja test for electrical...Abi how come the result is so skewed...just thinking...

2 Likes

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by agwuabia: 5:17pm On Nov 03, 2016
obobocee:
@Obajana

I am not really surprised that the highest score for electrical for the October test is 87% and the set of people that wrote during that time scored very high in the test. The reason being that,you guys were practically told what the questions were and the answers to the questions. Infact you guys even cramed the answers to the questions before going into the exam hall. You can't tell me that those that wrote at Obajana are better than those that wrote at Lagos. It's a question of preparing with the right material.

I am not really happy the way they treated Lagos candidates. They were sent test invite 2 days to the test and they didn't have enough time to prepare.
I pray the Indian men from the headquarters don't consider only the 5 electrical guys that they interviewed by themselves at Lagos because they are the one incharge of the GETS recruitment ,the HR's only implement their decision.

All the best to everyone!!!!
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by obobocee(m): 5:54pm On Nov 03, 2016
@Agwuabia
i don't really know anything about d materials u were talking of, but for me d electrical part was OK and d abstract side but d general engineering was sth else for me.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 03, 2016
I don't believe ppl in Lagos scored less than 40%, did dey show u d results, cos DAT was not d case, all dis a speculation as far as I'm concern, personally I can't score less dan 40%, talk less of all d multitude of ppl dia, dey waited for obajana b4 dey compiled d list n sent emails, so its not true wat u guys say, try talking to mrs Williams n u get abit gist, but Saying ppl in lag scored less dan 40% it a big lie, may b dats wat dey told u in obajana but its TOTALLY not true.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by tiwiz9(m): 9:51pm On Nov 03, 2016
agwuabia:

I am not really surprised that the highest score for electrical for the October test is 87% and the set of people that wrote during that time scored very high in the test. The reason being that,you guys were practically told what the questions were and the answers to the questions. Infact you guys even cramed the answers to the questions before going into the exam hall. You can't tell me that those that wrote at Obajana are better than those that wrote at Lagos. It's a question of preparing with the right material.

I am not really happy the way they treated Lagos candidates. They were sent test invite 2 days to the test and they didn't have enough time to prepare.
I pray the Indian men from the headquarters don't consider only the 5 electrical guys that they interviewed by themselves at Lagos because they are the one incharge of the GETS recruitment ,the HR's only implement their decision.

All the best to everyone!!!!
so with all this fuzz, what happens to those that wrote for chem eng in Lagos? ...is that a goodbye?
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by emmabod(m): 10:36pm On Nov 03, 2016
obobocee:
@Obajana
I'm so sorry if i sound rude, but you're totally saying pure RUBBISH!!
If only your source was Mrs Adesumbo Williams, the HR lady that addressed us in Ikeja during the assessment otherwise just don't go there!!
I am very sure I had nothing less than 85% in the combined test,which I know others may not do so bad also.
The fact that we're sent messages after the Obajana guys received theirs is an indication that we met or surpassed the cut-off mark. I would have partially agreed to your point if our scores were not removed in the column scores. The fact that our score wasn't input is a sign that the process wasn't transparent.
Bro, I would suggest you pretend as if this doesn't concern you because I guess you had a smooth ride in the interview or else.... because guys are still not smiling to the inhumane attitude Dangote displayed considering the distance across states candidates covered (some even came all the way from Kano, PortHarcourt), the risk of loosing the current job which they excused themselves - ON A MONDAY MORNING!!, the money and time wasted!!
Please dude, I beg of you, let's just don't talk about this again because you can wake the already hurt sleeping lion.
and FYI, Sumbo Williams, the HR lady replied my SMS apologizing and promised to readdress the issue!
Thanks undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nobody: 12:12am On Nov 04, 2016
Why them they do recruitment like say the company nah one under the tree company. It shows what could happen after enrollment self. They fit do and undo after the 12months. Mago-mago everywhere. My Brother too dey houz.

They need to learn from Dangote Refinery Recruitment team. They have conducted themselves professionally with credibility.

1 Like

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by tiwiz9(m): 8:58am On Nov 04, 2016
Abeg shey any person fit give credible info on the fate of Chem eng guys wey write for ikeja for this recruitment?

1 Like

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by engrprinceka(m): 9:28pm On Nov 05, 2016
@Agwuabia. PLease I got a mail for group discussion on 9th. Please what does it Look like? Please help me, or add me on whatsapp. I wont disturb much.08037640922
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Hassy4(f): 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2016
engrprinceka:
@Agwuabia. PLease I got a mail for group discussion on 9th. Please what does it Look like? Please help me, or add me on whatsapp. I wont disturb much.08037640922
A mail from Refinery or GETS?
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Abu090: 10:51pm On Nov 06, 2016
wish Obajana mech guyz success tomorrow and a quick reminder to Chem guyz to worm up Thursday is not far
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Eckzavia(m): 6:41am On Nov 07, 2016
Abu090:
wish Obajana mech guyz success tomorrow and a quick reminder to Chem guyz to worm up Thursday is not far

It's Wednesday for Chem
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Abu090: 7:10am On Nov 07, 2016
Wednesday and Thursday Chem all the Best
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by engrprinceka(m): 9:05am On Nov 07, 2016
You mean the group discussion at ikoyi? I was invited too, whatsapp me at 08037640922
emmabod:

Well...I pray so o
I was just invited for the next stage of the Refinery recruitment.
anyone with me?...let's meet on the thread
Slalom
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by engrprinceka(m): 9:10am On Nov 07, 2016
I dont even know, I applied for both, the test didnt specify, the second invite didn't specify either.
Hassy4:

A mail from Refinery or GETS?
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by agwuabia: 2:25pm On Nov 07, 2016
engrprinceka:

It's different from GETS, it's for the Refinery. As a clue to what to prepare with , go the Refinery thread page 68 or 69 , you will see where it is clearly explained on how to go about the group discussion. Though GETS2016 recruitment is still currently at the interview stage.
I wish you all the best.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by emmabod(m): 5:17pm On Nov 07, 2016
engrprinceka:
You mean the group discussion at ikoyi? I was invited too, whatsapp me at 08037640922
yeap...I'll holla
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by stranger2000: 6:31pm On Nov 07, 2016
empower yourself guys.... dont let 2017 come with you having a concrete goal to achieve something,.. there's discounts on group registration...

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by obobocee(m): 12:20pm On Nov 08, 2016
Lagos 17th aptitude test guys to have their interview on Monday 14th @ Obajana.(Electrical)
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 08, 2016
yes I got the invitation.....
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by emmabod(m): 12:44pm On Nov 08, 2016
noble4lily:
yes I got the invitation.....
obobocee:
Lagos 17th aptitude test guys to have their interview on Monday 14th @ Obajana.(Electrical)
I also got it.
So, i guess the issue has been resolved. But come oo....Obajana no be small journey o
God bless our hustle.

@ Agwuabia...you Fifu don come again oo smiley
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by emmabod(m): 12:51pm On Nov 08, 2016
obobocee:
please what do you mean by the bolded?
Thanks
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by agwuabia: 12:59pm On Nov 08, 2016
Good news to you electrical guys. I later found out the reason why the interview was cancelled. All the electrical guys earlier invited for the Lagos interview scaled through the test hurdle as against what obobocee posted earlier.
I already knew you guys will be invited again for your own interview because Dangote group is one of the few companies in Nigeria that can conduct recruitment transparently especially at entry level. At Dangote you don't need to know any person to get a place in the Academy as long as you scale through all the stages of the recruitment process. You don't also need to know any person in Dangote to get absorbed after the training, if any vacancy exists after the training.

What really transpired in Lagos was just a case of poor communication system. Thank God everything was well resolved.

BEST WISHES TO YOU GUYS!!!

1 Like

Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by emmabod(m): 4:02pm On Nov 08, 2016
agwuabia:
Good news to you electrical guys. I later found out the reason why the interview was cancelled. All the electrical guys earlier invited for the Lagos interview scaled through the test hurdle as against what obobocee posted earlier.
I already knew you guys will be invited again for your own interview because Dangote group is one of the few companies in Nigeria that can conduct recruitment transparently especially at entry level. At Dangote you don't need to know any person to get a place in the Academy as long as you scale through all the stages of the recruitment process. You don't also need to know any person in Dangote to get absorbed after the training, if any vacancy exists after the training.

What really transpired in Lagos was just a case of poor communication system. Thank God everything was well resolved.

Thanks dude, you are a true leader, I must confess!!
*Thumbs up*
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by megawax8: 6:46pm On Nov 09, 2016
agwuabia:

Please, has the chemical engineering applicants that wrote in Lagos for GETS being invited yet?
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by agwuabia: 9:33pm On Nov 09, 2016
megawax8:

Please, has the chemical engineering applicants that wrote in Lagos for GETS being invited yet?

I don't really know whether they have been invited but a total of 23 chemical guys were invited for the interview at Obajana. I guess it contains the list of those that wrote at both Lagos and Obajana because no other interview will be conducted at Lagos again.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 11, 2016
how many person are dey absorbing into d academy in total, and how soon do u think d offer letters will roll in?
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 15, 2016
i believe all had a safe journey,guys are gentle, any info as of when dangote will start calling n where will d offer letters be collected. Lagos (ikoyi) or obajana.
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by josephjuwon75(m): 6:06am On Nov 16, 2016
no idea of when but d letter will b collected at both academy. i obajana and lagos
Re: Dangote 2016 GETS Closes On February 5th by Nelzone(m): 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2016
If the highest for Mining at lag was 55. Then I "probably" scored the highest for mining then. From the mining list at Obajana, as I scored 57 abi 59, forgotten the exact self. So last last, my fuss earlier about the test score invited for lag wasn't exactly outta place. Just didn't know Obajana operated somewhat seperately. Anybody have any idea of when we'll hear from them? I'm very hopeful even though the interview at Obajana was somewhat rugged. It was same for everybody sha
agwuabia:
I am currently at the interview venue. From the list of the invited candidates , those that scored the highest are having their interview today. The list of invited candidates ,their scores and their departments is distributed as follows:

1. Mechanical..... five(5) people were invite. Their scores are as follows: one(1) person scored the overall highest --73,three (3) people scored the same mark each --67 , the fifth person scored 62.
2.Electrical.... five(5) people were invite. Their scores are as follows: 1st person scored--52, 2nd person scored----50, 3rd person scored---45,4th person--43,5th person---40.
3.Automobile.... 1st person scored---47, 2nd person--40, 2 peoplescored 39 each, 5th person---32.
4.Mining...... 13 people were invited from mining. The highest score from mining is 55 while the lowest score is 31.

No Chemical person was invited for the interview.
It therefore means that all departments have invited for today's interview except chemical guys. I don't why chemical people were not invited for today's interview maybe theirs will come up later.

Reporting directly from Dangote Agrosack Ikeja, Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (33) (Reply)

2016 Nigerian Police Recruitment Form - All Required Documents - A Must Read! / Airtel Graduate Trainee Program (2015/16) / 2015 Nigeria Immigration Service Recruitment Is Now On!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.